[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think about slide fire/bump fire stocks? For t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: slide fire stock.jpg (61 KB, 1155x1155) Image search: [Google]
slide fire stock.jpg
61 KB, 1155x1155
What does /k/ think about slide fire/bump fire stocks?
For those unaware, it basically converts a semi auto rifle into a full auto without being illegal.

https://youtu.be/ufmPQfB1k9A?t=
>>
>>29474354
Should be sold as a package deal with a 1/2lb. of tannerite and local gunshow .223 reloads from Ted, the reloading guy.
Makes it easier for the type of people who buy this product to get it all at once rather than search around for 3 different items.
>>
>>29474354
No it doesn't, it makes your rifle so uncontrollable you keep mashing the trigger. They're fun at first but after a while it's tedious and makes you regret wasting a ton of ammo on it.
>>
>>29474354
want
>>
>>29474387

I can definitely see the regret of using up all that ammo, but it really does seem like a ton of fun to have.
>>
>>29474522
This.
A friend of mine has one on an AK. Fun as hell, but accuracy is shit. It's more of a pray and spray at 100+ meters.
>>
>>29474354
They are pretty neat but are severely limited as a tactical option and have a lot of drawbacks. Its also not true full auto, its a device that enables you to pull the trigger 450 to 500 times a minute.

1: controllability, its a skill to fire one properlym you really gotta concentrate on utilizing just enough pressure to sustain the rate of fire, not too much or it wont reset the trigger, too little and you are basically just spraying rounds everywhere with zero control of the weapon. In a fight i garuntee you that you would never be able to devote that much effort to sustaining the rate of fire without losing a degree of situational awareness, and they are nowhere near as accurate or controllabale as real full auto fire.

2: aside from short burst or occaisional magdumps most semi auto weapons are not capable of that high a rate of fire without risking damage to the weapon or an increased stoppage rate. Particularly AR-15s, which from what I have seen have a nasty habit of suddenly breaking after prolonged slide-fire usage. It places a lot of stress on the weapon and wears it out fairly quickly in comparison to semi auto fire.

That being said theyre a ton of fun if you can afford to blow through a few hundred dollars of ammo per range visit. Just so long as you dont delude yourself into thinking its a real machinegun and plan on using it for anything serious like home defense. Im planning on designing and constructing one for the semi auto sten gun that im building, way I see it 9mm is dirt cheap, roduces enough recoil to slide-fire reliably, but might be a bit more controllable, plus the sten was designed for those rates of fire so it shouldnt hurt the gun any.
>>
>>29474354
>basically converts to full auto

Lol no
>>
>>29474606

That's alright, I don't kid myself into believing I'll ever have a practical use for something like that, it would just be for fun. Makes sense about it being super hard on the weapon, that barrel's gotta be pretty damned hot by the end of a few mags, and that is a shitton of money to spend on ammo.

>>29474625

I used simple language to get people who are unaware of it interested. No need to be such a fag about it.
>>
>>29474354
fostech echo is gearing up to be the only non meme full auto simulator
>>
>>29474655
Well the barrel yeah, but on ARs ive heard of cracked bolt carrier groups, chipped and broken hammers, breaking firing pins, I actually witnessed a guy crack his upper but he was REALLLY working the sumbitch hard.
>>
>>29474671
Which is that?
>>
why cant the huges amendment just get overturned already...

I was legal full auto, legal silences, and legal SBRs without any bullshit involving tax stamps and waiting 6 months.
>>
>>29474354
Snake oil and you are one of those useful idiots that make it easy to sell snake oil. All you are doing with that stock is making the weapon uncontrollable in your arms so you are nding.
>>
>>29474731
It'a a paintball style binary trigger, hammer falls on pull and release, but unlike other offerings it has a full auto style disconnect that prevents hammer follow.
>>
File: Oslovakiaed.png (398 KB, 610x372) Image search: [Google]
Oslovakiaed.png
398 KB, 610x372
>>29476470
I wondered what made it different from the franklin binary firing system. So it wont be fouled by shit shims and hammer follow?
> might preorder.. because even if the secondary mode is meh #3.5 trigger
>>
>>29476576
Apparently, watch the iraqveteran8888 video of it, they're running theirs way faster than videos of the Franklin trigger.
>>
>>29474354
>about slide fire/bump fire stocks
useless because the loss of accuracy prevents any advantage from automatic/rapid fire.

Are you going to burst a group in the open? You can't because you can't hit shit.
Are you going to clear a room? You can't because of the awkward way you have to burst fire gives an unacceptable reaction time.
>>
>>29476592
I watched it as well as there demo videos, i just dont want to get sham wow'd and end up with junk.
>>
>>29476604
>>29476604
>every single decision in fire arms is life or death and has to be tactically considered

I dont think slide fire stocks were ever made to be tactical pieces of gear. Theyre just a way to have rapid fire fun without spending 10 grand on a wore out transferrable machinegun.
>>
>>29474354
Not really full-auto, has even less accuracy, but they're really fun.
>>
>>29474606
Bruh, make your Sten use Uzi or Glock mags, they're way more reliable and durable than Sten mags, which are a bitch to deal with.

Also consider that you don't have to make a bump-device a stock, it can be a pistol grip and it'll work, so you can make a plain bump Sten "pistol"
>>
>>29476463
>novelty device advertised as novelty device and working as advertised
That's not snake-oil you tard.
>>
>>29476800
Well im gonna start with sten mags, just for experimentation/prototype purposes, but Im eventually going to mod it to accept suomi drums (its going to be vertically feeding, horizontally ejecting instead of a horizontally fed magazine well)

Im going to redesign the stock to have a pistol grip and a stock instead of only 1 or the other, but im still going to try to keep it minimal so it still fits with the sten aestetic, but will be improved so its more comfortable to fire.

Im also going to retain the sten style backplates so that if I dont feel like firing slide fire I can just pop the stock off and attach a different one at will.

Its gonna be sweet, expect a thread on it when I finish.
>>
>>29474354
Depreciated by the new hotness that is the binary and echo triggers.
>>
>>29476604
Calm down you mallninja, some people shoot guns for fun.
>>
File: 1459118137404.jpg (2 MB, 1240x1748) Image search: [Google]
1459118137404.jpg
2 MB, 1240x1748
There's an arfcom thread with bumpfire SAW clones, and some of them are tight as hell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VWED4qUPMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hrgh5txFKg
>>
>>29476844
Oh yeah, Suomi drums are kickass, that's a good choice, probablt the best subgun drums ever made.

You should honestly thread the muzzle, either to add a reverse muzzlebrake in case you have issues with reliable bumping, or if the Hearing Protection Act goes through and silencers get Federally deregulated (9mm 147gr subsonics are pretty quiet with a decent can).

Finally, the Sten pistol grips are uncomfortable as shit, the hollow metal ones at least, I recommend sanding down the edges, putting in a plywood filler and wrapping it in leather, or plain welding on a mount for an AR or AK grip of your choice.
>>
>>29476902
BumpSAWs are actually pretty good if done right.
You'll need a HBarrel though.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-03-09-05-50.png (1010 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-03-09-05-50.png
1010 KB, 1080x1920
>>29476800
>Also consider that you don't have to make a bump-device a stock, it can be a pistol grip and it'll work, so you can make a plain bump Sten "pistol"

Nope ATF said that's a no no.
A bumpfire grip make it AOW, as it's no longer intended to be fired with one hand.
JT Grip Solutions has the full ATF letter on their site.

http://jtgrip.com/?v=e2ae933451f4
>>
>>29477101
Oh, fuck, I thought that would have passed.

What if you put it on a 26" OAL weapon?
>>
>>29477023
My thoughts exactly, Im going to put some handmade wooden grips on it.

As for threading the barrel, Im putting an 18 inch carbine barrel on it and extending the barrel shroud out a ways, I think the extra weight is going to counter any recoil control issues I might run into.

Its also only 9mm, so its not exactly going to have much to start with. And im not expecting anything stellar. If I can keep all of the rounds in a 10x10 foot area at 50 meters running 500 to 600 rounds per minute bump-fire I think i'll call it good. Its also a sten, so even semi-auto its never going to be a tack-driver.

Im actually building this one to test out some ideas, and thought I might start selling them at some point in the future if I can get some stuff worked out.

A semi auto sten is impossible to buy except from some chuckle-fucks called valkrie arms, and they sell the stupid things for $1,300. Semi auto. Thats gay as fuck.

Im thinking I can start making them for around $600, sell em for $750 complete with the slidefire stock as an acessory.

I think people would pay that much for a legal full auto alternative. Like I said, im still in the researching and fact finding stage though.

Might consider just selling completed recievers and the bump-fire stocks to streamline kit building for people who dont got the time to cut out thier own reciever tubes.
>>
>>29477565
According to them, it's fine as long as the OAL is 26".
The only thing I think the bumpfire grip would be good on is like underfolder/sidefolder AKs, where attaching a bumpfire stock isn't doable.
>>
>>29477664
>I think the extra weight is going to counter any recoil control issues I might run into.
I was thinking the opposite, actually, what if it's so heavy you don't get enough recoil to reliably bump it?
That's a thing I've seem on some .22s, and the solution to that was to add a reversed muzzlebrake to increase recoil, allowing reliable bumping.

>$1,300
The fuck do they want that much for? Do they make them out of extruded aluminum or some shit?

Also, if you're gonna make them commercially, you gotta make some variants with a Tec-9/Sterling styled barrel perforated shroud, for looks
>>
>>29477667
>The only thing I think the bumpfire grip would be good on is like underfolder/sidefolder AKs
Well, the initial idea was for shit like AK pistols (saw a video once of a guy who made a grip for his M92 Yugo)
>>
>>29477922
I know.
But that's been cited as making an AOW, the thing they're still ok for a variant that doesn't have the ability to swap to a bumpfire stock.
I've seen the M92 vid, that's how I found that JT Grips guys site.
>>
>>29477907
Well I can always lighten the trigger pull a bit, grease the slide fire mechanism, and its not gonna be THAT much heavier.

Actually I already do plan to give my end product a vented shroud like you are talking about, especially if its gonna be designed for bumpfire.

I think its $1300 because nobody else is selling them as completed weapons, just demilled parts kits.

The gap in the market im seeing is 3 things:
1: no completed recievers available, so you end up paying 90-150 bucks for what is essentially a piece of pipe
2: no complete ready to fire guns, so people who dont want to or cant build one from a kit are SOL
3: using parts it costs about $650, and you still have to build it, something not everyone has the time, tools, or skill to do.

I think if I start making my own recievers ready to go, magwell included, just drop a semi auto bolt kit in and its good to go, the cost could come down considerably.

If I sell a complete ready to fire model I think the slidefire kit sold with the gun would spark interest and make owning a sten actually more enjoyable than as a strictly semi-auto carbine. "If it cant hit shit it might as well shoot fast" is a potential catchphrase im toying with.
>>
Waste of ammo and you will hit fuck all.
>>
You can just practice to do bumpfiring and you save $100
>>
File: rad2C720DSC_0052.jpg (29 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
rad2C720DSC_0052.jpg
29 KB, 500x357
>>29478031
I wish you good luck, the market really needs an affordable and fun recreational "subgun".
It'd be like the Sputter Gun, except not illegal and not irresponsibly unsafe.

You ought to look at a modernized tacticool model too, for fun.

>picatinny rail on top for operator sights
>takes AR-15 pistol grips
>maybe move the grip position and FCG to the center, like a Sterling or a later commercial Sten pistol (though it'd lose some parts commonality this way, so IDK)
>take Glock, Uzi or Colt 9mm mags for operators operating
>can attach lengths of rail on ventilated shroud for tactical accessorizing

I just get a kick out of taking an old tube-gun like that and going all mallninja at it.

Eitherway, pistol variants are cool too (but no bumpstock)

>>29478190
>and you will hit fuck all
Why do faggots act like this isn't for shits and giggles?
Do you also shit at PTR-91 pistols for having shit ballistics, you fucking buzzkill?
>>
>>29474598
Now what about shooting it with the slide fire :^)
>>
>>29478527
Im not a gunsmith, machinist, or any sort of professional at the moment. Im a bored marine infantryman tinkering in his dads machineshop while home on leave thinking maybe I could start my own buisiness with the right tools and training.

Im just as likley to build this for myself, get bored, and go do something else. I EAS in a few months and am thinking about career options and think self employment would be pretty cool.

Making crazy tech 9, sterling, and sten hybrids/ripoffs is waaaaaaaay down the road, if it ever even happens.
>>
>>29474354
>For those unaware
Anybody unaware of slidefire stocks should not be posting on /k/.
>>
>>29474354
It's a fun gimmick, but serves no practical purpose.
>>
>>29476463
>and you are one of those useful idiots that make it easy to sell snake oil.
You have no idea what the term "useful idiot" means.
>>
>>29474384
legit lol
>>
>>29478538
Like i just said, accuracy was shit with the slide fire, but holy shit was it fun.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.