[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Truck guns/trunk guns/compact guns for travel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160402_205704.jpg (501 KB, 1448x1075) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160402_205704.jpg
501 KB, 1448x1075
Do you have a truck gun /k/?

Pic related, just built this PSA 10.5 folder for road trips. Bonus: not an SBR, so can take across state lines without ATF bullshittery
>>
>>29473593

I have a question about that rifle.

Is it not bad for the flashlight lens to be that close to the muzzle? Seems like it would damage it.
>>
>>29473593

Not bad, and obviously your personal choice but, if you want a short barrel 'pistol' with a folding stock, why not just get a fucking AK? I mean you can't shoot this gun with the stock folded.
>>
>>29473617

The standard A2 birdcage flashhider doesn't have a lot of side blast, so there's no issues having a light in that position. I shot several hundred rounds today and didn't even get carbon buildup on the lens.

Some muzzle devices will put out significant pressure to the sides, I've seen surefire weaponlights that were placed next to them and had their finish basically removed and lots of carbon buildup on the lens but the light still functions. Just need to clean the lens every once in a while.
>>
>>29473628

I live in Nevada and travel to California constantly, so I wanted a rifle that I could easily convert to CA-legal with a bullet button and that's easier to do with an AR.

I also have an AK folder (Arsenal SLR107) that I bring with me on trips inside Nevada, but can't bring into CA because the Arsenal SLR series is banned by name in CA.
>>
>>29473628
>>29473668

>rifle

whoops, I meant to say "pistol" obviously...kek
>>
wait, so if i put a 10.5 upper and standard stock in a "rifle" lower i dont have to register it?
>>
>>29473677
>>29473645

I guess I understand. I figured you probably have a few ARs lying around too. Just comes down to preference. I just never understood folders on an AR.

Bullet button is just as much a PIA as the ak mag lock.

pic related, your choice in another universe.
>>
>>29473692

I'll be the first of at least 4 posts to explain that his lower never had a regular stock attached, and that 'stock' you see is a pistol stabilizing brace -- not a 'stock'
>>
>>29473593
how does that stock work? wouldnt the bcg fall out/ or at least be exposed?
>>
>>29473739
so it's a pistol ar, then. ok.
>>
>>29473752

Not a stock...it's an arm brace brah

Correct, the rear of the upper receiver is open when the buffer tube is folded. There's a mechanism in the folding adapter that prevents the BCG from falling out of the rear of the upper.
>>
>>29473797
I wanted one of those for basically the same reason, but the price is utterly absurd
>>
>>29473797
ahhhh..saved me the google. thanks! how does it shoot? im on the fence on an ar vs. ak pistol.
>>
>>29473864

It's a surprisingly soft shooter. I was expecting more recoil but with an H2 buffer it has very mild recoil. Can't speak for AK pistols, I would expect 7.62x39 to kick a bit out of a short gun and maybe 5.45 is a better choice but I'm very happy with this 10.5 AR.
>>
>>29473812
law tactical $200
>>
>>29473797

>Not a stock...it's an arm brace brah

I think you mean "It's totally not a stock but I'm shouldering it anyway and committing a felony because the ATF are a bunch of cocksuckers" brace.
>>
>>29473593
I bought a Vz2008 when they were under $400. I've shot probably 2000 rounds through it with no problem, so I figured it's compact and light enough its perfect for my car. I bought a 10 round magazine as well, because its so much more streamlined and handy with the short mag.
>>
File: 1459648196271.png (717 KB, 578x607) Image search: [Google]
1459648196271.png
717 KB, 578x607
>>29473593
>truck gun
https://youtu.be/HAIjzQEFUnw
>>
>>29474167
That idiot would be the guy to do that.
Jesus, its a wonder he hasn't killed anybody yet.
>>
>>29473921
jgsales has one for $150
>>
>>29473722
That would be nifty
>>
question: in a state where loaded car carry is legal, has castle law, and you have NO ccp, in what situation can you legaly use your truck gun for self defense? do you have to shoot from inside the vehicle?
>>
>>29473668
Just get a handgun that is a normal handgun and take it with you. California laws are too much of a pain for out of state residents and if you get your gun confiscated they will never give it back to you because you are a nonresident. If you are still interested in bringing a rifle get something that is CA legal by default.

I also live in Nevada and know your pain.
>>
>>29474226
really need an answer on this.
>>
>>29474226

Don't think the lack of a ccw permit is really relevant if you're being attacked and you're by/in your car. Obviously if you're in your car the smart thing is to just drive away but if you're in situation where you're blocked in or something and you reasonably fear for your life, shoot the fuckers. I don't think being inside the car is really important at that point.
>>
>>29474343
i just wonder if getting out of the vehicle to defend from attack would matter. of course the jury decides etc...
>>
>>29474380
It really depends on the situation.
If you are blocked in or your car is disabled then yeah, leave the fucking car, if a dude gets out of his car with a baseball bat and you could just drive away then perhaps you should do so. If your state has a duty to retreat law then you might run into some problems, but if not you should be fine.
>>
>>29474167

oh look its Mr. ND doing stupid shit yet again.
>>
>>29473900
this is good to hear since I have a 10.5" in the mail right now
>>
>>29474101
Shouldering it is not illegal
>>
>>29474226
What does ccp have to do with this? Step out and shoot or shoot out of your window.
>>
>>29474477
my understanding was that your car is essentially an extension of the home. so, you cant shoot people before they break into your house, and anything just outside your car would be public not private land, so i thought maybe there would be something preventing you from exiting the vehicle to engage a threat.
>>
>>29474514

Whether or not your car is an extension of your home depends on your state, I believe. Regardless, if your car is physically unable to move (blocked, disabled) and there is a threat against you, I don't think the law really cares at that point whether you shoot while inside or outside your vehicle. If your car is mobile then the obvious thing to do is just drive the fuck away.
>>
>>29474101

>thinking a single ATF opinion letter is the law

kek
>>
Shockwave Blade >>>>>Sig brace
>>
>>29474634

Is it though? It's pretty thin. Granted, it's cheaper and multipositional, but for shouldering purposes, seems lacking.

>in b4 ATF opinion letter

No nigga, an ATF opinion letter isn't the law
>>
>>29473593
>short AKs are either heavy serbshit or expensive
>AR caliber sux out of a short barrel
>VZ58 is in that just-right zone as far as firepower and weight/size go, plus clips are easier to conceal

Thus I've decided to chop the barrel of my VZ2008. It should be overall around 9.5-10 inches. Problem is I can't find an FSGB for it, I suppose I'll have to weld my own.

Pic related but I want it even shorter with an FSGB.
>>
>>29474658
This of course is after lengthy paperwork is filed, pls no shoot dog mr atf.
>>
>>29473668
>>29473593
>can take across state lines without ATF bullshittery

You do know that every state has totally unique gun laws, and that the most common restrictions are variations on barrel length, overall length, and AR-style features right? And that of the many states with NFA-style restrictions, few of them use exact NFA language which is the entire crux of a "stabilizing brace" build?

Come to think of it, I literally don't think you could pick a worse gun for interstate road trips than what you came up with. It's not even california OK unless you hit their 30" overall length minimum.

Even an SBR would be better for your purposes because an approved 5320.20 is legally bulletproof "yes, this firearm will be legal in your destination state" with all of the accountability on BATFE's side
>>
>>29474649
Yes, it is.
It is adjustible like you said.
5.56 does not have enough recoil to be a problem, but it is probably thicker than you are thinking and it being rigid is far more conducive to shouldering than the rubber sig brace.
>>
>>29474728
It counts as a pistol, but still depends on the state. I doubt it's on the Cali pistol roster, though I don't know if that is just for purchase or possession, too.
>>
>>29473668
Why does Cali have such strict gun laws? Does the government want a state it can easily fall back to in case of civil war? Maybe they just don't want any celebrities to get shot?
>>
>>29474769

Pistol roster is irrelevent for out of state visitors traveling thru CA with a pistol
>>
>>29474728

>It's not even california OK unless you hit their 30" overall length minimum.

It's not a rifle you idiot. State OAL length laws are irrelevant for pistols, retard
>>
>>29474733
SHOULDERING? b-but Anon...
>>
>>29474226
Laws differ by state and even municipality. Here in MO I think the biggest issue would be if you get out of the vehicle with the weapon still concealed upon your person. In a non-defense situation it's illegal without CCP. In a defense situation that could probably be a good argument against your use of force if you exit the vehicle and then retrieve a concealed weapon.
>>
>>29474769
pistol roster has no restriction on what you can own just what ffls are allowed to sell you
the bigger issue would be carrying it since ca doesn't acknowledge out of state ccw permits
>>
>>29475162
ya the latter part of your statement was what i was thinking of. i.e.: if your next to your car and somone was approaching with a weapon. arguable weather or not which would be the best idea, but you could a: retrieve and defend, or b: attempt to drive away and hope you dont catch a bullet in the back of the head. cars are not bulletproof and i wonder how a court would view taking an offensive approach.
>>
>>29474969
It's run by kikes and their hippy shabbos goys. Srs.
>>
>>29474658
Why havent I seen anyone on /k/ with a V58 pistol? It seems like a lot of people on here have the rifle version but not the pistol.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.