[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I did post this in a gear Queer Thread but I think with so much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10
File: 2016-04-02-12-00-53.png (450 KB, 703x648) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-02-12-00-53.png
450 KB, 703x648
I did post this in a gear Queer Thread but I think with so much stuff going on I didn't really get much of an answer, what does on the top section of a plate carrier, is it mainly patches or radio equipment or is there a layout that actually fits something up there?
>>
>>29472962
patch. but i know some guys like to put pistols there.
>>
>>29472962
rank, name tape, moto, spare room for shit that sticks up like cutters and pens and shit.
>>
Usually an admin pouch of some kind filled with pens/sharpies, and other small shit that doesn't really go anywhere.

I know medics will stick extra medical pouches there.

Personally last time I was doing an airfield seizure I had a special fold out pouch that you could stick a map in. All I had to do was fold the pouch out and look down at my chest to look at my map. It beat having to drag it out of my pocket or another pouch since I was driving an ATV.
>>
>>29472962
just wanted to let you know that i ordered that exact same kit today. How much did you pay for it and how do you like it?
>>
>>29472962
You need two name tapes made up: "No tears" and "Only Glory"
>>
>>29473051
If I did put another medical pouch there any suggestions what would go in it? The map is also an awesome idea. My current medical pouch has everything for my IFAK, more gauze and quikclot.
>>
>>29473081
Eh high 200's
>>
Buy Condor
>>
>>29473083
Pls don't use the granule quick clot
>>
>>29473072
If your curious I can post my original plans for my loadout.
>>
>>29473101
No no I'd use the one built into the gauze
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 480x640
>>29473083
>If I did put another medical pouch there any suggestions what would go in
More tourniquets, needle Ds, and gauze I guess. Most of the medics I know would stick something like a cric kit there too, but that's a bit beyond your scope of practice. Honestly you probably don't need much extra medical gear.

>map pouch
Here's a picture of what it looks like. Pretty convenient actually.
>>
>>29473145
I'm planning on joining USAF and eventually specializing in pararescue so maybe at some point.
>>
>>29473136
Please do. Also:
1. how comfy is it?
2. How sturdy do you think it is?
3. Do you have plates, do you think of getting them down the road?
4. Are you going to pair it up with a belt down the road, can you comfortably carry a backpack with that setup?
5. Most importantly, how deep does the rabbit hole go?
Thanks
>>
File: emdom-multitasker-proto-2.jpg (72 KB, 633x640) Image search: [Google]
emdom-multitasker-proto-2.jpg
72 KB, 633x640
>>29472962
im gonna put this on that area of my pc

>awesome
>light weight
>compact

and most importantly\

>useful
>>
>>29473145
>Convenient map, driving an ATV
All I can imagine is a FarGuy 2 style icon showing you were you are every time you look down at it.
>>
an IFF pouch and a PTT. Anything else is only getting in the way of your primary reload. just because there is fucking webbing there doesn't mean to need to stack more shit you don't need on top of it.
>>
File: 2016-04-02-22-12-18.png (661 KB, 718x538) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-02-22-12-18.png
661 KB, 718x538
>>29473170
I love it it's nice and comfy, sturdy and strong. No plates at the moment, yes eventually I haven't decided on a backpack yet.
>>
>>29473166
If you make it there then you'll probably pick up a lot of different ways to set up your kit. Hell a lot of the medics I know go get pouches custom made to fit their needs.

>>29473188
It's not that far off. I saw some guys with flip down computers on their kit that could display their position.

Sadly I was just stuck with basically a google earth print out, but it was still nice.
>>
>>29473213
That may be a point, if I needed more medical I could run it on a belt
>>
File: 2016-04-02-22-12-43.png (648 KB, 716x561) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-02-22-12-43.png
648 KB, 716x561
>>29473170
Belt rig, all in OD
>>
File: 2016-04-02-22-13-15.png (928 KB, 711x754) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-02-22-13-15.png
928 KB, 711x754
>>29473170
And my IFAK plan
>>
>>29473229
All of this is matched with British DPM
>>
File: SOF in BDUs.jpg (152 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
SOF in BDUs.jpg
152 KB, 800x600
>>29473213
>>29473233

going slick as possible is always preferable to mall ninjaness but a small enough pouch or tourniquet will not get in the way, even a fuckhuge admin pouch could work if it is high enough.
>>
>>29473276
I was kinda thinking that it would get in the way which is why i asked, but a flat fold out map should stay pretty slick
>>
>>29473276

"admin" pouches and "gp" pouches should be avoided at all cost. Adding pockets to stuff with more shit that you don't absolutely need only weighs you down and inhibits your reloads.
>>
>>29473328
Unless you stuff it full of stupid shit an admin pouch won't get in your way. Same with a map pouch. Seriously I'll rock an admin pouch with a GRG, some sharpies, lighter, and pocket knife. Up there.

I'll also have my PTT for the radio, and a tourniquet- as per unit SOP.

None of this has affected my ability to reload.

>>29473335
Sharpies and some paper really don't weigh you down that much bro. Also they aren't really superfluous shit either. They're pretty handy, especially a GRG.

And unless you get really stupid with it its not going to affect your reloading. If you're really that worried about speed I'd suggest a battle belt with a couple of keydex pouches.
>>
File: 6219_HarborSeal_sideangle1large.jpg (2 MB, 3248x2160) Image search: [Google]
6219_HarborSeal_sideangle1large.jpg
2 MB, 3248x2160
>>29473386

You mentioned GRG so you're thinking military application, in which case a rite in rain and pen will 9 times out of 10 be better stored on your person, a la in a pocket so you can use it when you're not wearing your kit, but also have access to it when you are. GRGs crammed into a chest mounted 4 inch by 4 inch flap down is fucking retarded. You think you're only going to need access to that tiny little portion of your GRG? Better hope you dont walk more than 100 meters because now you have to take your GRG out of your stupid little pouch, unfold it, refold it, place it back in, and then hope you can even read the fucking thing because the sun glaring off the plastic covering is obscuring your GRG. Oh, and now it's dirty, you now have a dirty piece of plastic glinting in the sun obscuring your GRG.

Chest fold down GRG pouches are stupid.

Chest mounted anything beyond pens, a tiny little light and IFF is fucking stupid.

>>29473276

Dude on the left is likely not even a hitter, just a JTAC who was attached to an MSOT hence the retarded huge triple pouch on his chest and two prc 152s.

but what would i know
>>
I sometimes imagine dudes like me who never served actually having to use this queer shit outside, i.e. post some catastrophe like Katrina or just a huge riot that gets out of control and what not.
I guess if I ever have to don my rig that means that shit has really hit the fan. I've seen dudes bringing some gear to the range but I personally would never, especially when I think that a person who has actually served might see me. What's the vets opinion on civilians who try to be prepared in a non cringeworthy way? do we piss you guys off or what?
>>
>>29473603
I'm not in yet but in my opinion as long as they aren't actively trying to impersonate I.e. no ranks medals and the like I don't see why it's an issue, each to their own. I may not expect the apocalypse to happen but I'd like to be prepared if it did.
>>
>>29473233
I was going to say; with the way flexible displays and E ink are going, it really might become a reality in the next 5 years.
>>
>>29473603

its cringey. don't do it in public.
>>
>>29472962
Some people put admin pouches up there. Generally, I like to keep that space free since it can be a good way to fuck up a reload under stress. usually patches and a ptt there
>>
>>29473730
I never did and I never will. Hopefully I never have to walk outside all decked out as i think my face would melt off, I don't see my self as 'tactical' but I still can't help myself but to prepare stuff in my home and practice when no one sees me.
I have no issues in enjoying my firearms of course, i just don't want to come off as a poseur
>>
>>29473256
Add a tourniquet. A leg wound takes two to effectively treat. Three leaves you room for a leg and an arm
>>
>>29473083
If your kit is for anything other than "lifesaving where immediate access to higher levels of care," e.g. wilderness, you should reconsider bringing the quikclot.

The NOLS instructors said that it's pretty much surgical to remove and needs to be removed promptly, not ideal if you're stuck in the woods.
>>
>>29473256
Add a decompression needle
>>
>>29472962
Usually soldiers buy their own personal bag to weave intro that spot. It can hold anything depending on the mission. Radios don't gfo there, wwe put them in another pouch made for radios (e buy them ourselves) lower on the pouch between the IFAK (far left) and last mag pouch.

I've seen all sorts of stuff go in there, !moatply from leadership. It could be map markers and protractors, folded up maps, headlamp, chemlights, casualty feeder cards, a compass, anything you need in a pouch that should be easily accessible and can't go anywhere because it will fall out or there's no more room.

The only other pouch that comes standard issue like it is the canteen pouch and that holds our NVGs. If you have PVS7B's I pity you because they hardly fit.
>>
>>29476754
And to everyone saying patches go up top, you're wrong as far as infantry (the only MOS I know gets these) goes

We get combat tops with the patches on our shoulders so we can weave more things onto our plate carriers.
>>
>>29473083
Stimpak
>>
>>29476482
What would you recommend rather than quikclot?
>>
>>29472962
Usually, there's a admin pouch inside that little area, or sometimes people put them on that area.

A lot of people out their patches there, also.

If you're a retarded cuck, some mount their pistols there.
>>
>>29473246
>all that for 2 things

kek no
>>
>>29477187
Celox badages. No powder is the key.
>>
File: sheeeeiiiittttt.jpg (715 KB, 2422x2164) Image search: [Google]
sheeeeiiiittttt.jpg
715 KB, 2422x2164
Remember, you actually have three rows of molle, so it's a fair amount of room. If I took the magpulls off my mags then I'd have an extra inch or so. It's not as crowded as it looks
>>
>>29477244
Well obviously not, I'm likely going to put a second medical pouch on it as well as maybe a rifle magazine pouch, as I said that was the original plan for it. I like the size because it gives me the flexibility to move things around if needed.
>>
>>29477264
So I'm assuming celox wouldn't throw clots through your system because of the lack of powder
>>
>>29472962
That's normally where I put my shoulder thing that goes up.
>>
>>29477391
Are you able to be a little more specific than not at all?
>>
So the consensus I'm feeling is keep it clear unless it's something streamlined and would not impart reloading.
>>
>>29472962
Horizontal draw pistol.
>>
>>29478343
That would be to much effort to train myself how to draw that, plus it'll put unneeded weight high on the chest. It's easier on my belt.
>>
>>29473256
add some occlusive dressings
>>
>>29478490
Isn't that the one that you just tape in place and it seals it?
>>
plate carrier's are not weapons you shitposter fuck off you /fa/
>>
>>29478509
kinda, you need to leave an opening to allow blood/fluid to drain though.
>>
>>29478509
Yes you tape it on 3-4 sides depending on the wound.
>>
>>29478523
Oh I see so the same way you'd seal a sucking chest wound
>>
>>29478509
>>29478523
Like he said, With a sucking chest wound you'd want to tape it on 3 sides and leave 1 side left untaped so the air can escape the chest cavity and not cause a tension pneumo
>>
>>29478549
That's an outdated practice. Improvised flutter valves don't work and you're better off taping all the sides. Leaving a side open allows in more air than it supposedly vents. The only way to get flutter valve to work is something premade like an Asherman chest seal.
>>
>>29473603
Tfw vetfriends always give me shit that doesn't fit them anymore/they've replaced on their kit/the think I should have etc
Tfw vetfriends love teaching me new stuff and keeping me practiced
Tfw rangerbro thought my NCR Ranger patch was cool
>>
>>29478565
This is what they teach in the military now. Turns out that shit doesn't work so well.
>>
>>29473529

>JTAC with a Navy jack patch

weird
>>
File: thisripsforyou.jpg (48 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
thisripsforyou.jpg
48 KB, 720x540
>>29476766

>infantry is the only MOS that gets armor
>infantry doesn't put patches there
>>
>>29473179

Yeah I had my leatherman up there too when I was deployed.
>>
>>29472962
If you're putting your pistol on that spot, you need to be in some sort of vehicle that would restrict access to a hip holster, otherwise there's no need for it to be there.
>>
>>29473051
Were you CCT?
>>
>>29479384
He an honestly pistol is going on my belt I'm not going to relearn my draw style just to put it on my chest.
>>
Ok so if I were to put my IFAK on my right and an additional medical pouch on my belt what do you guys suggest I have in it. I'm thinking just more celox and gauze as well as some tape and maybe one extra TQ putting me up to 2 TQ's in my IFAK one next to it in its own pouch, and one more on my belt in the second pouch.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.