[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CIA Contracting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: IMG_7486.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7486.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Continuing last thread, defense contractor who has worked several federal contracts for the CIA and OGAs, as well as done freelance contracting. I have worked in nearly every continent doing everything from training and advising to R&S missions and PSD work. AMA.

Also to reply to some previous points from the last thread:

I was working in Taiwan in 2014 right after their parliament building was stormed and occupied by protestors after then-president Ma pissed everyone off with his pro-Beijing shilling. I worked with and trained local police and military at all levels, and I may not be an expert on Taiwanese-Chinese politics but I broke bread with those guys. So if you feel that I have an incomplete grasp of the situation there please enlightenment me to the nuances.

18x or Option 40 contract if you're serious about operating. Otherwise just accept that it's something you're interested in but not a serious path for you. I enlisted with a college degree because I knew I had a very specific vision and purpose that I was called by God to fulfill, I would dig deep and meditate if this is something that you are CALLED to do, and if so go option 40 or 18x, you WILL deploy if you make it. So dig deep and search their feelings, pray and ask God for guidance. If it's something you're called and compelled to do, look for ways to get a legit pipeline .Otherwise, just accept and enjoy literature and media from the comfiness of your chosen profession.
Don't do go to Syria and try to volunteer with the YPG, it's a shit show and they don't want you on the front lines because you're a target. Also you'll get droned hard.
>>
>>29472512
I worked as a Pashto/Dari interpreter for Army Special Forces in Afghanistan for 13 months. I'd like to join to Army if I can't find any good jobs in the States. Would 35 series with an Option 40 contract be good for my career after the military?
>>
>>29472554
Don't go 35F with an option 40, if that's your passion go 18x, neither will lead to great jobs when you get out if you don't use the skills to go into some kind of contracting gig which isn't a straight shot guarantee. Op 40 is great if you want to see action, but especially with the language aspect you want 18x.
>>
>>29472580
The vision in my left eye isn't correctable to 20/20, so I wouldn't qualify for 18x (even though I met one SF dude who told me that he had to get a waiver for his hearing, I believe that was in the early stages of the WOT). I'm leaning more toward 35M and 35P, jobs where my language skills would be put to use.

I have to say that I enjoyed going on missions with SF even though I had no prior firearm/military experience. Did I mention that I can speak Arabic, too?
>>
Are you a big guy?
>>
>>29472640
Try for 18x, with those kind of language skills things CAN be wavered. they are HURTING for people with language skills right now, if you can demonstrate that kind of ability, I'm sure that doors will open for you that won't for other people, at the very least it's worth a try. If not, then 35 with an option 40 would be alright.

There was a DEVGRU oper8r who went to selection and passed with only one eye.
>>
>>29472702
Once again, yeah, 6'1 215lb but working on getting super shredded and hopefully hovering ~190-195 at ~6% BF
>>
>>29472716
Was getting big was part of your plan?
>>
>>29472733
Of course!
>>
>>29472705
I'll try, but it really depends on the recruiter, or so I hear. Also, would it be better for me to go officer or enlisted? I have a BA.
>>
>>29472512
>18X or option 40 if you're serious

Bullfuckingshit. No one wants some boot who technically made it but doesn't know his head from his ass because his only experience is the pipeline. I don't know what you've done that makes you think that's good advice, but i already doubt some of your claims based on that alone. Also, you are not the only dude with SOF/Federal agency experience here, fuck off with your attention whoring AMA. Anything worthwhile discussing wouldn't be prudent to discuss on this tibetian fur weaving forum anyways.
>>
>>29472512

thanks for the response. I have a suspect travel history (just a tourist I swear) so I know I'd be high up the drone kill list if I just hopped the border.

This is something I've been thinking about for a while and my motivation just keeps building, never decreasing.

I don't have a deathwish, I just want to raise a family in a world without ISIS. I do think god is calling me to this. Can you expand more on the enlistment? would mild tinnitus in my left ear be an issue?
>>
File: 1451534712058.jpg (182 KB, 1150x1600) Image search: [Google]
1451534712058.jpg
182 KB, 1150x1600
>>29472512
How would you define that you where "CALLED" to do your kind of work. Are there specific moments you could share about how you determined this for yourself?
>>
>>29472762
If you want to have a career, go officer, if you want to have a specific job enlist because it's the only way you can guarantee an MOS in your contract.

>>29472772
This thread is a follow up to a previous thread, where some people had asked questions that I was attempting to reply to before the thread expired. The question was from a guy who wanted to go and fight ISIS and was wondering if he should just fly to Turkey and sign up with the YPG. I was advising that he is better off going with a real pipeline and getting put in a SOF unit.

Now, to address your claims, I've always said that RASP doesn't make Rangers, time in Regiment makes Rangers. The point was that you have to start somewhere, and getting a contract that points you towards a good unit is the best place to start. If you had any SOF experience you would know that the current climate is such that anyone who makes in into the 75th or SFG WILL deploy at some point during their career if they don't wash out of their pipeline or get dropped from the unit for standards. I made this thread because there is so much shitty meme tier info on this board.

So, you wanna back up your claims with some facts, I'd love to hear about your experiences. I've got all my shit on deck and ready go, tell me about the first time your TL slapped your shit for thinking you were hard after RASP.
>>
>>29472832
Don't mention it at MEPS, they won't find out. Go for a good contract that puts you in an SOF pipeline, make it through your training and listen and don't speak when you hit your unit. Learn from the guys there, when the time comes to go to war follow the lead of your TL if your in batt or your team daddy if you end up ODA.

>>29472836
I was always interested in war and battle in some form or another. I never seriously considered the military until I was about 14, but it was something I just never grew out of and after college I just couldn't shake the itch to go. I talked with friends and family that had been there and done that, I prayed and spoke to my pastor who had experience in the military, I tried doing some other stuff but just kept feeling pushed to enlist and try to be the man that I had these recurring fantasies about doing. It got to the point where I felt I'd rather die than live a life without trying to be a part of the world I spent so much time thinking about. I knew in my heart I would forever regret not giving it my best effort, and so I sprung for it. It was one of those things where everything fell into place, and despite all my initial fears and worries all obstacles were overcame and it was like the red sea parting. Waivers came through and the path was smoothed almost as if by divine will, I always figured it was God guiding me to where he wanted me to be.
>>
File: Avatar Bin Laden.jpg (35 KB, 402x600) Image search: [Google]
35 KB, 402x600
>>29472772
This guy gets it. Nobody in their right fucking mind posts shit like that. Second off, if you're in the IC, you know the ridiculous capabilities we/our adversaries posses. Why are you advertising yourself? This is day 1 shit.

>cia doesn't even do the real fun stuff.
>>
>>29472928
Already went over the fact that CIA doesn't do shit and that SAD isn't all bad ass trigger pullers. Again, I'm trying to reply to this guy >>29472832
who was in the previous thread and suggest he doesn't throw away his life flying to Turkey to throw in with the YPG. Nothing I've posted violates OPSEC, but if guys who know their shit come forward it can help give some people who are searching their feelings a better idea of the world they're thinking about making the leap into, a lot better than those MEG threads.
>>
>>29472926
>I was always interested in war and battle in some form or another. I never seriously considered the military until I was about 14, but it was something I just never grew out of and after college I just couldn't shake the itch to go.

wow that's spooky. I have the exact feeling right now. fear of death spooked me away for a long time, but it's the same thing you said, its at the point where fear of death is overcome by a fear of never having tried.

What effect is the election going to have on recruitment? would it be better to join now or wait until the dust settles?
>>
>>29472871
I know what the current climate is, which is why that advice is horrible. I'm not going to say who is where, but there are quite a few units just sitting in some shit country not doing anything remotely close to what their full capabilities are, and people are pissed about it. The few gigs left that are legit require selections beyond RASP, and someone who just got in isn't going to be remotely considered for them. If you want to sit here and tell dudes they can make it off the street with no experience and operate, go right ahead, I have no skin in the game.
>>
>>29472988
Maybe I jumped the gun, my bad, I honestly didn't read the walls of text. I don't know, not breaking opsec or shit i know, but I feel dirty just acknowledging this thread on here, just feels wrong.

Then again, I don't even like using cover terms even though they are totally unclass. So maybe I'm a hypersensitive pussy. Shit makes you paranoid.
>>
>>29473011
I think you've misjudged the situation here. If you read the last thread you'll find that isn't what's happening here at all.
>>
>>29473003
If we get a Republican there will be more funding and selection options will be better, Shillary will probably be more of the same. It doesn't hurt to test the waters and see if you can get a good contract now, if it doesn't pan out go skill build: learn a language of value (Chinese, Arabic, Farsi, Korean, Swahili, Russian), get as /fit/ as possible, come back and hit it again.

>>29473011
I didn't say he'd go full oper8r over night, but no matter what it beats going YPG and being treated like a burden the Kurds don't want. Its true that coming straight out of RASP you're gonna get shit on, but that's always the way its been. So he might be in for a while before he gets the juicy ops, so what? He's young and if he wants to throw himself into this world he should shoot for it, worst come worse he goes and gets some new cool guy schools in his contract when he re-ups. I'm not saying they can make it off the street with no exp, he posted in the last thread:

"I really really really want to go kill isis. I have no combat experience, physically fit, college educated. Lots of outdoor experience/ decent firearms experience. Mostly in colder/ wetter climates.

What's the best way to get at em? Take a bunch of tacticool courses for credentials, or join the military and hope that there are still some left to kill in 4-8 years?

I'm going on that, and trying to help a kid get the best possible start into the industry. I came into things with a pretty similar background, made it through RASP and got smoked in 2/75, handled my shit, eventually became a TL, went to Sniper School, did all the advanced sniper shit, moved up from there. Yeah it took a few years, but I got my rocks off. Am I the hardest man to ever live or oper8? No. Are the guys that make me look like a basic bitch? Sure. But I went in back at the end of 08 when everyone said Iraq was dying down and I wouldn't get a chance to do anything, and you know what? I'm fucking glad I went.
>>
>>29473046
yeah I feel you, I just got tired of seeing so many people who didn't know shit misleading people. I actually haven't said much about muh CIA, just put it in the thread title to meme and draw attention because the only thing that people care about here are memes. I understand your sensitivity though, I've just seen too many guys who shouldn't run their mouth EVER pimp their credentials to pull loose women in person, to care about posting non-vital info online that has a chance of steering some kid that was in the same position I was in a few years back in the right direction.
>>
>>29473153
Ever consider the fact that misleading information is good...?
>>
>>29473071
Maybe, it wouldn't be the first time I've done that.

>>29473124
Look, i can see where you are coming from, but you can't just say "go 18x or option 40". These dudes are going to be in a world of disappointment if/when they make it and they see reality as opposed to what they built up in their mind. The dudes who are out actually doing shit are E-7s/E-8s who could retire at any time if they wanted to. Can these kids make it? Sure. But the odds are not in their favor, and while I'm glad it worked out for you, it's not something i can agree is good advice. I'd at least add a disclaimer that it's going to take years, and these dudes need to learn to play the long game. I've seen too many good dudes leave because they became disillusioned and bitter when their initial experiences didn't match up with what they were told. Sorry for the hostility, I just have the feels for good young guys trying to make it and failing miserably and never letting it down.
>>
Yeah this explains the anti Marine bias. Rangers are part of SOCOM but thier mission isn't objectively different then Marine Corps SOC infantry battalions. Sorry Marine infantry NCO go stand static guard mout Im a Rangerrrrr!
>>
>>29473241
In some ways, not when it comes to offering the guidance needed in this specific case.

>>29473253
Well if you look back, I tell the one guy that for someone with language skills he should go for the SFG route, because it is a quicker path into the dark depths of SOF for those who are pursing that. But the guy I'm specifically talking to here says he has a college education and is /fit/ with a burning passion for this. So here's my rational based on my own very similar experience: he goes in an E-4, plays it smart and listens to his TL, hell go off and max out as an assault, get his master breacher and maybe so other cool guy schools like scuba or even Sniper school and then transition to that role which in of it self will offer some potentially cool missions (my first sniper deployment I was able to occasionally roll withvery HSLD guys), anyways he'll do his first few years and since he started as an E-4, if he's smart and picks up a language or does the right schools he might get fast tracked to E-6. After his first few years in he'll either decide that he's had his fill and he wants to move on, he'll be able to say he's been there and done that and that chasing bad guys was just a young and immature dream he had when he was stupider, or he'll double down and pick up his E-6 on his re-up, from there he can try for RRC. Either way, no matter what happens it's better than doing nothing and way better than flying to Turkey with some wonky plan to join up with the YPG. At the very least he'll pick up a few neat skills at a quick peek at the world he's spent so much time fantasizing about. He may come out and be like "man that's 5 years I won't get back", but at least he wont spend nights awake in his later years filled with regret imagining what could have been. I can only speak for myself, but my failures have never kept me awake at night, gave me awkward pauses sure, made me embarrassed sure, but regret is what the true nightmares are made out of.
>>
>>29472512
>OGA, Agency, whatever they want to call themselves
Professional source burners. Fuckin hated working with those self-important chodes
>>
>>29472512
>/K/ontractor
>/K/
you done fucked up boy.

Also, scratching out the barcode literally makes no sense, someone can replicate that portion without issue.
Either block it all or none of it.
>>
>>29473720
Fair on both points, I did cover most of the bar code with the post-it though so it doesn't really matter. I'll block the rest of it out if I ever make another thread.
>>
>>29472512
...were you in Taipei?
>>
>>29473976
Yeah, among other places.
>>
Any advise on how to go about defence contracting in the civilian world. Not trigger stuff or training, but like IT or logistics?
>>
>>29474054
Cool....I think I've met you before then, while you were overseas (hint: jungle clay). I won't say any more though because I know you value your privacy.

You're a pretty nice guy though, if you are who I think you are. If a bit spooky.
>>
>>29474170
Brass Monkey? If that means something you know then you know what's up. Thanks for keeping things on the down low, how's life treating you?
>>
>>29473253
unless there is a better approach to get in the game then you really have nothing to complain about.

the fact that the game is pretty dead at the moment is actually irrelevant.
>>
>>29473489
>but at least he wont spend nights awake in his later years filled with regret imagining what could have been.

I have done this, do not do this. Take your chance when it comes because it's fucking permanent and you can't turn time back. DO NOT DO THIS.
>>
File: CIA.png (503 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
CIA.png
503 KB, 2000x2000
>>29472512
I want to eventually join the CIA and operate

my plan:
> college degrees: Business Management and Middle Eastern Studies
> learn Arabic
> try to get CIA internship maybe
> serve 4-5 years in national guard as 11b (technically I will be 09R for the majority) while doing ROTC
> commission as infantry officer when I graduate
> go to ranger school
> send in my SF packet
> ???
> get out before I'm 35
> send application to CIA for Paramilitary Operations Officer
> ???

viable plan?

any improvements?

at which point, if a part of the plan fell through, do you think I would have a decent chance of getting a job?
>>
>>29474320
this plan should take around 10-13 years

hopefully
>>
>>29474320
>learn Arabic
Learn french & Chinese noob
>>
>>29474223
Huh, I think I get it. Didn't know that was the name though. Nice nachos I think, if it was the expat one.

But in any case I'm doing good and working an entry job and graduated. Feels good not being broke and met a couple more /k/ommandos at another meet which is nice. Anyways I think I still have your burner, who knows. I might pass by near your way on a vacation or something.
>>
>>29474359
> french
why?
>>
>>29474091
I'm no expert on this stuff but I imagine a security clearance and experience in your given field would be ideal. Can't say for sure though.

>>29474259
Yeah, it's one of those miss 100% of the shots you never take deals, take the shot when you can.

>>29474320
I think the college major and specifically the language component look great. Make sure you do well in College and try to keep your GPA above 3.7 if possible.

Internship can lead into a job if it works out, so if you get the internship angle for the job off the bat (but it probably won't get you into any kind of paramilitary ops). I would say going into the CIA with the specific goal is a shaky path at best that should be rethought because the CIA really isn't about doing combat ops, it's more Hollywood myth and 80's lore than fact.

If you want to do covert ops, try and angle towards an 18A and do your best to take every possible opportunity to get extra schools and assignments. Even then it's dubious at best.
>>
>>29474368

French for West Africa and the Maghreb, mostly, and increasingly Syria. But he's talking shit, Arabic is obviously useful.
>>
Anyone knows how hard Arabic is?
>>
>>29474374
being a paramilitary ops officer would be the ideal goal, but I'm utterly content with almost any job at the CIA
>>
>>29474362
>>29474223
Whoops wrong bar, mistake on my end. I confused the two since I believe I ordered nachos at both. With gym dude too.

Yeah I'm sure now.
>>
>>29474399
Are you good at learning entirely new languages composed of dick sketches and series of dots?
>you'll do great
>>
>>29474399
pretty fucking hard, most of my class has dropped out

no short vowels written ever, making reading impossible for someone starting out

its difficult to speak correctly

conjugations

its a very interesting language though, I love it

Its supposed to be one of the most difficult languages to learn surpassed only by Chinese. Russian is equally as difficult
>>
>>29474423
> not smiley faces and squiggles
come on anon do you even into arabic?
>>
>>29474362
There were two places, brass monkey had the giant oversized drinks and revolver had the nachos and beer and was close to my crib. Good to hear you're doing well, I got out of Taiwan a long time ago, I was back in Afghanland for a while then came back home and am now gearing up for another job overseas. I also ditched that burner years ago, but it's always good hearing back from a buddy. Cheers to moving up in the world and making some dosh, I'll always drink to that.
>>
>>29474431
ت
>>
>>29474399
Hard, but doable if you set your mind to it.
>>29474401
Then shoot for the internship, not only will it be a good chance to get a job but it will also give you a better understanding of agency culture and figure out if you really want to make a career there.
>>29474416
Yup, I lost reception for a minute which delayed my last msg >>29474433
but it's all good. Good to hear from you man.
>>
>>29474427
Oh god.
>>
>>29474462
roger, I'll try for it

I created the plan so that I have multiple paths to fall back. Even if I decide I love being an officer or I dont make it through ranger school or go sf or WHATEVER, I still have options.
>>
File: d.jpg (245 KB, 777x1519) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
245 KB, 777x1519
>>29474399

http://www.effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty

You will also want to read about DLAB: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_Language_Aptitude_Battery
>>
>>29474399
It's a pretty solid challenge for Americans. The language isn't remotely close to English in any way so it's like starting from square one linguistically. You really need to constantly practice it as I found I rapidly lost fluency and decreased in competency due to neglect of it faster than any other language I've learned.

I strongly recommend you read and watch arabic news or tv for at least 30 minutes a day to keep it fresh in your mind as I've found in particular that arabic wants to be forgotten, at least for me.
>>
>>29474471
نعم
>>
>>29474433
Right, well that's what burners are for and who knows we might cross again. Think I could probably give you a heads up or post one of my burners in one of the other threads you'll probably be in. Anyways glad to hear your thanks, means a lot from a dude whose been doing a lot. Man, I'm gonna sound corny as fuck but this is why /k/ is really a magical place.

I totally knew you did spooky shit though, you were a tad vague lol. OGA....shiiieeeet.
>>
I know figure you might have an idea on how to do this, though it isn't CIA. How could I become a US Marshal? What about an FBI agent?

Also, if I wanted to join the CIA (but not be an operator) what's the best degree to get?

There's a lot of alphabet soup agencies I would be interested in but I like the Marshals and CIA the most.
>>
>>29474508
For sure, I'll stick with this trip for a while and might make a run to HK in a few months just for fun before I step off for business, I'll figure out a way to contact you before I do. Seriously though, it's good to hear things are going well for you, always like to hear when a brother is cruisin through good times.
>>
>>29474557

Both the requirement for the US Marshals and FBI are on their respective organizations websites.
>>
>>29474575
Cool.

Well I'll stop derailing your thread now.
>>
>>29474259
Age and opportunities you missed?
>>
>>29474462
How old is "Too old" to have a reasonable (relative to normal dropout rates) shot at completing the 18x pipeline successfully?
>>
>>29472512
what is, 18x and Option 40?
>>
>>29474891
I've seen guys do it in their mid 30s, I wouldn't recommend waiting until you're that age, but most of the guys are in their mid to late 20s.

>>29474901
You can google it, but to help you out this one time its the contract to go directly to training to become Army Special Forces (Green Beret) or Army Ranger (75th Ranger Regiment) respectively.
>>
>>29474917
Huh, I'm 26 and not in very good shape, figure it would take three years to get fit and learn Russian (GED so I need the college credits anyway) but I thought 18x was something only young kids did.
>>
Hey OP you said you had more stories/tips but you had so many you couldn't get your head straight, have anymore to share?
>>
>>29475007
Nah, plenty of older guys, in fact they prefer it. But I wouldn't waste time as physically it always gets harder with age.

>>29475044
Sure, what kind of story do you want? Action? Comedy? Banter? WTF?
>>
>>29475076
You should tell some 'dumbest shit evet witnessed' story

Also, is being 29/30 really that big of a cutoff that it would be a waste of time?

>Also, is it stupid that I want to do it just because you said that?
>>
>>29475076
all of the above OP, but could you please start with WTF

I'm sure whatever weird shit you've seen is worth telling
>>
>>29475150
No, I don't mean going would be a waste of time. I just realized that sentence was poorly worded, I meant as you're an older guy I wouldn't waste time if you want to go SF, put all your energy into getting in shape and focusing on getting those languages under your belt as fast as you reasonably can, you aren't too old but you are too old to toy with the idea for another 3-5 years before "finally getting serious".

>>29475150
>>29475161
Alright I got a great story for you guys that I was just telling to another friend, give me a second to type it out but it's coming.
>>
>>29475174
>you aren't too old but you are too old to toy with the idea for another 3-5 years before "finally getting serious".
Copy that, starting at square zero with a slow as sin run and low pushup count but I'm on it.
>>
>>29475209
post your score

pushups situps and 2 mile time
>>
>>29475150
>>29475161
>>29475174
Okay, so this story takes place in Taipei Taiwan. Now something you have to know about Taipei is that drinking is made EASY there, I mean stupid EASY. The clubs there charge ~$10-15USD cover fee but it guarantees unlimited FREE drinks all night long until closing at 4am. Then every 7/11 sells hard alcohol for pennies on the dollar, like you can get some pretty nice Scottish Whiskey for $3. So now imagine a bunch of hard charging Americans plopped down with wayyyyyy too much disposable income. As the other anon who by chance has met me can point out if he's still lurking, I like to party, and I party hard. So me and a guy who I was working with on some quiet stuff start hitting the clubs pretty hard, lets call my compatriot Mr. MARSOC because that was his background. We take this one LN kid, good kid who was a conscript there in Taiwan who we had been training. He was a really good kid, just 18 and had no experience clubbing, was still a virgin, but cool and down to Earth and we liked him. So we take him out a few nights, he always gets hopeless drunk because he's Asian and has never drank in his life before, let alone partied with guys like us. So one night were all leaving the club, me, Mr. MARSOC, and the kid with 2 girls. Now the kid is super drunk and we know hes gonna pass out when we get back to my place, so we get there and the kid passes out on the couch sure enough, three feet to the south of them we set out some sheets on the floor right by the sofa for Mr. Marsoc to take his bride to be, and I go into the only other room that's separated from the main living area: the bathroom with my fair maiden. Keep in mind this is a big city in Asia and apartments aren't huge, but this is a nice one, and were making due. So fast forward a few hours and lots of drinking, we all pass out. I wake up a few hours later to see Mr.MARSOC pissing in my deployment bag, all over my plate carrier, extra guns, everything. I'm like WTF. Continued.
>>
>>29475219
Need to go home and run, do pushups, and situps. If thread is still up in four hurs I'll post results.
>>
>>29475249
So I'm like WTF. Now Mr. MARSOC is a super quiet, humble, non-confrontational dude 99% of the time, the exact opposite of the typical MUHREEN. But he's a bad drunk, and when he gets drunk a demon comes out of him. Now he's all pissed (literally) with his dick hanging out he turns and starts pissing on the kids head, and then turns and pisses on his lady friend. She wakes up like OMG, I end up having to throw hands with Mr. MARSOC and choke him out before dragging him outside. I start cleaning up, I wake the kid and tell him he needs to shower, hes drunk as fuck and doesn't understand why but I tell him Mr. MARSOC got too drunk and spilled some whiskey on him, it worked since the piss smelled like pure alcohol at this point anyways. I kick the two girls out and spend a few hours cleaning the mess up. Mr. MARSOC calls me when he wakes up and is like oh fuck, my bad bro. I'm like its fine, we need to swap gear though, and we all go in to work like nothing happened. The kids spends the first 5 hours throwing up constantly, and eventually he asks if Mr. MARSOC pissed on him because he heard it through the grape vine after MARSOC told another one of our colleagues the story. I tell the Kid I don't know what happened, feeling like that's something for MARSOC to tell him 1 on 1, but I ended up hearing that he found out a few months later and forgave MARSOC. But yeah, long story short, that's how I got my hands on a Crye LV-MBAV.
>>
>>29475287
I did the same thing when I was drunk once. I got up in the middle of the night started pissing on the floor, and ended up pissing on my friends leg and another friends head. I immediately denied doing anything right after the stream stopped. I still dont know what possessed me to do any of that and its hard to believe I would do it (can't remember a thing). Good times. Ruined a friendship.
>>
>>29475314
Yeah, shit's nothing to us cause we've been through enough that a few more ounces of bodily fluid aren't gonna get in the way of a solid bromance.
>>
so in general, what do you guys do?
are you guys like alphabet delta or something?
seems like a really fucking cool job, just curious as to what it entails.
>>
>>29475249
>As the other anon who by chance has met me can point out if he's still lurking, I like to party, and I party hard.

Said anon here, can confirm.

...I don't remember you telling me about the pissing though. For the best probably.

Wait, is this rock climbing guy?
>>
>>29475332
The conscript dude I mean.
>>
>>29475321
Wish I had friends like that. The friend whose leg I pissed on was okay with it eventually, but the one whose face I pissed on (I really pissed on the ground next to his face and it probably splashed on him and he rolled into the puddle) ended up sucker punching me in the throat awhile later. He was a cunt with some major anger issues though. Ended up being my first and only fight so far, got my shit kicked in. Now I'm in the military and /fit/ter than him.
>>
>>29475332
Yeah, rock climbing kid. I'm not trying to brag or exaggerate, but when I set out to party shit gets WILD. Think Sanguine from the Elder Scrolls wild. Girls pouring shit str8 from the bottle into your mouth, pink Chewbacca suits, bloody hand prints on the walls, drunk cops and SWAT handcuffed at the wrists and ankles jumping down the streets to try and get to nearest station to get a universal key.

>be training local PD and SWAT team
>decide fuck it, it's after hours we start drinking in the shoot house
>get the idea, lets all get bb guns which are in excess in the area, lets set up a match
>but this isn't any match, we gotta handcuff our hands and feet and hold a beer in one hand and a bb pistol in the other
>TEAM DEATHMATCH, IN THE DARK! NO LIGHTS!
>CANT SPILL YOUR BEER OR YOUR OUT
>shit gets wild
>all the keys get gathered so no one can cheat
>one drunk ass takes all the keys, runs outside and throws them into a storm drain
>~15 drunk SWAT oper8rs, ~5 patrolman & detectives, 3 foreign advisors all drunk hopping down the street in full gear trying to get out of this...

I got chewed out a bit for that one.
>>
>>29475368
I envy your life

what path did you go down to become the /k/ontractor?
>>
>>29475368
you fuckers didn't have bolt cutters?
some shit-tier swat.
what is/was your favorite/best "holy shit, that was fucking awesome" moment which you were contracting?
>>
>>29475328
Were just /k/unts on a mission to kick ass and get in crazy situations before we get killed. nah that's just the whiskey kicking in. Former SOF, i take whatever contracts I can get that sound like fun, have good talent on them, gear looks well sourced, pay looks good, and not too sketchy.

>>29475338
Oh yeah, it's one of those things where at the end of the day so much can be forgiven because I know he'd come down to hell itself to drag my ass out and I'd do the same.

>>29475384
Army SOF --> lucky connections --> a few jobs with larger contracting groups --> enough reputation to go freelance.

>>29475386
Looking back there were so many things we could have done, but we were all drunk beyond belief. Once someone was like WE GOTTA GO OUT! LETS STOP BY 7/11 AND GET MORE BOOZE ON THE WAY! We were like fuck it, lets go!

Gimme a second to think about the moment.
>>
>>29475398
i think there's at least 25 times in your life where just your urine alone was so fucking flammable, it could power a deuce and a half.
being a contractor sounds glorious, you get paid to fuck shit up.
only thing better would be to be a PMC and have a ROE looser than a thai whore in danang during nam.
>>
So I'm still interested in some sort of SOF and can really related to that laying awake at night feeling. I'm in college right now and working toward an AA degree. I'm learning some mandarin right now but I could learn it much quicker if I doubled down. First Aid class this quarter then EMT-B school over the summer, decent fitness but it could always get better. What are my chances? 19 if it matters.
>>
>>29475398
well I'm gonna go to bed, maybe if you're still in the business in ~10 years we might meet each other

godspeed
>>
Have you ever worked in the SEA region? Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand? If you have, what's your opinion on them? As in the people you've worked with while in the region.
>>
>>29475368
Oh loardy. Yeah I know how y'all like to push the boundaries of subterranean simulation shenanigans as it were. Hope those complex guys are still going strong. Also I hope conscriptbro is doing good too, lost vine or line so can't really message him. He's a good kid though, at least when I left. Dunno if what y'all taught him about liver exercise may have spiced up his life lol.
>>
>>29475415
You have to be 21 for an 18x contract. So you have time, learn Mandarin as its a GOAT language to learn. get the AA, finish a 4 year with something in steam of foreign studies, get the Mandarin down, and get your fitness on point. At 21/22 you will be a good place.

>>29475422
Been in all of the above Singapore is fine, but they look like they'll have problems in the future as expansion is hard for them. Malaysia is fun but can be a bit of a shit hole, I could write a book about wild times in Thailand.

>>29475414
PMCs don't actually have loose ROEs now days, even though there aren't many laws of war that rule over them, the all mighty law of economics is always there to limit behavior. Fuck up or bring too much heat and it's chicken or beef as they say, because those are your options on the flight home.

>>29475431
Last I heard all the guys at the bunker are holding it down, the Kid is doing well as well from what I've been told, I left him my apartment when I left since the Taiwan gov legit gave it to me...so he's doing pretty well. We talk every so often and he's turning into a great guy. And I'd like to think our time with him spiced up his life if nothing else. It's his job to carry on the reputation of that apartment and "the wall", you know what I mean.
>>
>>29475446
Anything on Africa? Specifically HOA region?
>>
>>29475446
>Last I heard all the guys at the bunker are holding it down, the Kid is doing well as well from what I've been told, I left him my apartment when I left since the Taiwan gov legit gave it to me...so he's doing pretty well. We talk every so often and he's turning into a great guy. And I'd like to think our time with him spiced up his life if nothing else. It's his job to carry on the reputation of that apartment and "the wall", you know what I mean.
Is this code for having sex parties with local girls with that damned orgy app of yours.
>Honorary Mormon mode activated.
>>
>>29475446
>tfw cant go pmc and kill hajis with a flamethrower and dual SAAs
why live?
>>
>>29475454
Almost, turned down a crazy job there, leme get the details on that because it ties into what this guy asked >>29475386 about "moments"

>>29475456
I don't think he's quiet gone that far, but he has his own place and has a healthy social life. More reserved than us degenerates, shit even I've settled down a bit.

>>29475458
Fast times have fast crashes fampai, this life is like ecstasy, the highs are higher than any you could possibly imagine in civilian life and the lows are soul crushing.
>>
>>29475478
So yeah I got approached by an old friend I served with to do some work, I was in Taipei at the time and he invited me out to Hong Kong. He payed for my flight out and due to shitty flight delays I didn't get in till late. Bro tells me he can't meet me, but sends some "friends" to meet me at my hotel (which is more than 5 stars btw). 3 Stunningly qt grills, they show me around the city before "showing me around" back at the hotel. My phone dies so I cant get in contact with my boy but eventually he calls on of the grills, she passes the phone to me. I meet my boy at this American restaurant, which was AMAZING because I hadn't eaten really western food in over 6 months. He starts talking about this business opportunity and we're joined by a former US Army intelligence officer. He grills me on my Mandarin proficiency, eventually they tell me that my home boy has been tapped to take point on ops in Africa for the PLA. He's working for Erik Prince, OG Blackwater founder who's running a holding company in HK for the Mainland government to run ops in Africa to give the PLA forces there "helping hand" they need. Promise of smoke checking skinnies gets me rock hard, but ultimately I like not being a traitor to the United States so I pass.

Still an oh shit moment, and sort of an African story at that.
>>
>>29475478
Very interested in the story. Also do you know if many SOF types join H3's? You said you're into drinking, degeneracy and I assume running which fits the bill.
>>
>>29475478
Sounds good, welp it was fun reminising about them fun times in Taiwan. Glad you brought up that story in particular, really fills in some blanks, like this entire thread. I'm gonna head off tonight but I'll probably sneak into another of your threads later.

P.S. I still have that confederate flag with the eagle from that surplus store we went to. Good souvenir.
>>
>>29475536
Well I'm sure glad I decided to go to school instead......fuuuuuck. I dun goof'd. I wish I took running and working out more serious.
>>
>>29475539
Oh yeah, a lot of guys will do all kinds of shit like that. It's not just revelry but also just experiencing everything in the world in a semi-spiritual way. experiencing things and then letting those experiences and the people you meet in turn shape you.

>>29475556
kek, good stuff. Good catching up brother, take it easy.

>>29475578
Eh, I went to school and wasn't always the most /fit/ guy either, we all come from somewhere.

Anyone interested in some random image drops of overseas debauchery?
>>
>>29475607
pictures of oper8in are always welcome.
did you guys dress all high speed low drag with plainclothes and minimalist armor or were you in infantry kit?
>>
>>29475607
>debauchery
Yes pls.
>>
>>29475607
>Eh, I went to school and wasn't always the most /fit/ guy either, we all come from somewhere.
Touche. I guess feel like at this point I kinda missed the boat on joining the military and having something to do. Now with how things are in the military and my casual level Hindi it wouldn't add much joining now. My schools been around for a while, I could've gone later but wars at some point end.

Also interested in random photos drop.
>>
>>29472512
God isn't real.

Please kill yourself, you fucking nut.
>>
>>29475635
He can believe if he wants. Who gives a shit if thats what he thinks.
>>
File: IMG_1340.jpg (102 KB, 397x721) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1340.jpg
102 KB, 397x721
>>29475622
Usually plain clothes with low-visibility equipment, but sometimes more full kit. Any kind of cammies or "combat clothing" was just fore photos and memeing.

>>29475623
Coming right up senpai.

>>29475633
The war never ends for SOF.

>>29475635
A wild fedora appears!
>>
>>29475664
Quesrion,
How are gays viewed in the SOF community? Assuming they are competent at their job.
>>
>>29475664
Late 20's too old for that shit? I've never had any major injuries/surgeries and no hospital stays. Played sports in HS but as I got older just lost focus along the way and got more into materialistic shit and trying to do what my family expected.

If someone wanted to get into a three letter agency type work, would Civil Affairs/PSYOPS still be something worth doing in the military?
>>
>>29475664
Post what you got, it's 0300 mtn time and I'm feeling hungover, so no more Backlit screens for me, but I'll check back later.
>>
File: 20140706_001121.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20140706_001121.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
>>29475683
Generally it'd be something they kept to them-self, I think different guys would handle it differently, some might be totally cool with it and some might not.

>>29475694
I'm not the guy to ask about CA/PSYOPS, I have absolutely zero experience there and I try not to talk out my ass when I can avoid it. Like I said earlier, 18x looks for a lot of older guys if they can hack it, it might be hard but what I would recommend given my personally leaning towards things.

>>29475696
here we go senpai, a typical club scene.
>>
File: IMG_2225.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2225.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>29475739
Another club shot, I'll go threw a few of these and then just go through a typical day in the life, with some oper8ing teasers mixed in.
>>
File: IMG_1726.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1726.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>29475747
typical club fanfare.
>>
File: 20140809_213430.jpg (2 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20140809_213430.jpg
2 MB, 4128x3096
>>29475753
oh shit its Chewbacca on the dance floor!
>>
>>29475739
>>29475747
>>29475753
hypothetically speaking... all the kills count the same, right?
>>
Is there any route for a civilian to get in with CIA or NSA?

I've been pondering law enforcement for a really long time but want to know what I'd end up in after doing my beat cop time.

Much rather do something that let me travel a bit instead of detective, trooper, conservation, etc.

At the end of the day, with or without religious callings, is it worth it? Do you wake up with the same desire to get shit done that you go to sleep with?
>>
File: IMG_1073.jpg (92 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1073.jpg
92 KB, 960x1280
>>29475759
So that's it for club, lets catch a breather up at the top floor for a quick nightcap and swim with our new friends!

>>29475761
If I'm picking up what you're puttin down then yeah...
>>
>>29475739
Hey fair enough. Thanks for the info on 18x and the pics. From what I've gathered it's a mix of endurance and smarts
>>
generally speaking what were your limits on what you could/couldn't do?
I mean, shooting kids and civies is kind of a given no-go, but i'm still curious as contractors/spooks generally have a bit looser ROE
>>
File: 20140611_000416.jpg (2 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20140611_000416.jpg
2 MB, 4128x3096
>>29475771
That's the 3rd time in a row 4chan has lagged out during post...anyways gonna skip all the boring stuff like the amazing food, toilet that wipes for you, etc and get into some more kinetic stuff.

Lets go to work! Subway?

>>29475784
Defiantly.

>>29475789
Anything that puts you in the news or undercuts profit. Basically, just handle your business and you're golden.
>>
File: No big deal.png (348 KB, 356x820) Image search: [Google]
No big deal.png
348 KB, 356x820
>>29475805
What about the bus? Also, I swear it's flipping my images now.
>>
>tfw shit-tier genetics so can't do anything more than 88m/91b
>tfw will never be operator or contractor getting to fuck shit up on almost every continent
why live?
do post more pics though, they're really cool.
>>
File: 0.png (315 KB, 750x1040) Image search: [Google]
0.png
315 KB, 750x1040
>>29475809
WHATS THIS?!?!?! OUR BOY IN THE BANDO PRACTICING SOME RAPPELLING?!?!?!? 5 UNDERGROUND STORIES OF SHOOT HOUSE?!?!?!
>>
File: 4.png (738 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
4.png
738 KB, 750x1334
>>29475830
Also, this is why you don't go full cardio / calisthenics bot, its a fucking meme kids and it will violently murder your gainz.
>>
File: 20140729_220538.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20140729_220538.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
>>29475840
A neat little contraption one of the guys ran that held his rifle in place during rappelling so if you're upside down or whatever the rifle doesn't fly all over the place, basically it clips onto a platform that you can attach to any molle webbing.
>>
File: 20150211_091059.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150211_091059.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>29475853
I ended up picking one up so here's a better shot! made by S&S precision.
>>
>>29474427
it fucks your throat up too. those low back of throat hiss noises they make.
>>
>>29475853
that's neat, did he make that?
should patent and sell that shit if so.
>>
File: 20140628_190859.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20140628_190859.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
ALRIGHT! the work day is over and its time to go clubbing again cause you know we out here senpai, every day Wednesday-Sunday. Get tossed a few Taiwan dollars in addition to my standard contract direct deposit. Each $1000 NTD note is ~33USD, so we'll use this to party hard tonight!

>>29475825
Also, sorry about missing your reply. We're all gonna make it bro!

>>29475860
nah, S&S precision. It's bretty ghoul though.
>>
File: IMG_2310.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2310.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>29475869
I swear the photos are right side up when I go to post them. Anyways, lets roll out to the club! Phones getting blown up by work but fuck it.

Arrive at the club and 5-0 be like "Oh great you made it! Why don't you have your gear?"

>TFW right after you get off work and head to the club the police raid that shit.
>>
File: oh god yes.jpg (16 KB, 455x427) Image search: [Google]
oh god yes.jpg
16 KB, 455x427
>>29475830
>5 UNDERGROUND STORIES OF SHOOT HOUSE?!?!?!
Nigga WHAT?! That's a god damn dream room.
>>
>>29475883
What kind of pay are you looking at per gig?
>>
File: meal.jpg (2 MB, 3096x2322) Image search: [Google]
meal.jpg
2 MB, 3096x2322
>>29475883
Alright fuck it, lets go eat instead. A typical meal I would get.
>>
>>29475890
that looks really good but if the lighter brown shit is chicken, it looks awful pink.
>>
>>29475888
Fuck yeah brother, I miss the bando so much! I loved running opfor for the police and channeling my inner dindu. I grew up in NY so I always loved playing the guy holding down the trap house or the bank robber, it was some of the most fun I've ever had in my life as I would return fire with simunition at the military guys and police SRT guys, and even just using the shitty BB guns with the regular police.

>TFW you should BIX NOOD IN THE HOOD! FUCK DA POLICE! or HIT THE CUTS MUH NIGGA WE FINNA BOUNCE! While going full retard with an MP5 or the true successor to the AR-18. Did I mention that Taiwanese T91 is a straight upgrade of the AR-18?
>>
File: 20140805_030408.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20140805_030408.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
>>29475889
Anywhere from 250k-600k (the most I've ever gotten) for a 6-9 month gig (average time spent overseas).

But the best thing about this job was the living accommodations...The ONE thing I require when taking a job is a nice bathroom, i've spent too much time with no bathroom or shit bathrooms (no pun intended). In Asia specifically most of the showers are built into the toilet to save space which means you shower standing right next to the toilet with just a drain hole in the middle of the bathroom floor to let the water drain out, so the entire bathroom gets wet when you shower, it's not okay fampai. So I got a nice bathroom that even had a toilet that would help clean your ass.

>>29475893
Dark brown is beef, light brown is chicken and it was bretty gudd.
>>
File: 20140805_030328.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20140805_030328.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
>>29475941
toilet console.
>>
>>29475945
fucking space-age portajohns man.
I bet that's better than jerking off to sharpie titties in a 120+ degree plastic coffin.
>>
>>29475915
You are my hero. I have got to do this shit now.

>TFW after a reasonable look into the world and wasting my 20's finding out what I really like all I want to do it teach others to operate more better, shoot shit, shoot LOTS of shit, and red team the fuck out of other people places/ideas to piss them off.

I just want to enjoy life and die happy.
>>
File: 1458075794826.jpg (60 KB, 511x692) Image search: [Google]
1458075794826.jpg
60 KB, 511x692
Link to the old thread pls?
>>
>>29475945
>That last button
It feeds you bacon while you shit?!
>>
File: IMG_98816719157324 - Copy.jpg (45 KB, 438x604) Image search: [Google]
IMG_98816719157324 - Copy.jpg
45 KB, 438x604
>>29475951
Oh yeah, even the porn is better! It's all 3D and shit! You know we bring grills through to the bando.

>>29475962
Follow your dreams, we're all gonna make it!

>>29475972
I wish, it just blows hot air onto your ass to dry it.

>>29475967
It's 404'd, sorry bro.
>>
Op, in your opinion are IS goatfuckers a major treath to us Europeans? Also are they really infiltrating Europe hide with rapefugees?
>>
>>29475941
Cool. Meet any Australians?
Also, I'm interested in the line of work but have a minor fear of heights. Base jumping or rock climbing?
>>
File: fugg.jpg (43 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
fugg.jpg
43 KB, 720x960
I have absolutely zero proof of this, but this is a local model in Taiwan that actually used to hang around the bando, 2 of the guys smashed. I always thought her
>>
>>29475664
Man you look cool as fuck. How many pussy did you fucked overseas? And judging by the pic you also seem to be kinda young.
>>
File: 1 - Copy.png (3 MB, 2828x956) Image search: [Google]
1 - Copy.png
3 MB, 2828x956
>>29475980
A major threat to Europeans? Only in the way that they can slowly infiltrate and change the culture to cuck you guys even more. Islam is a corruption, a disease, and ISIS is the plague bearer.

>>29475996
Oh yeah, a few, some top tier banter. I accidentally cucked this one Aussie and blows were almost thrown until I proved to him his girl was ho and playing him for citizenship. Kicked that bitch to the curb so hard they named the street after her. Also if anyone here goes to /r9k/ this picture is meme legend.

>>29476016
I got my fill...well some people got filled...I'm half Asian so I have a baby face. I was gonna say in the last thread I don't hate on Haley for looking like a 13 year old who cant grow a beard because I'm in a pretty similar boat.
>>
>>29476027
How old were you when you joined SOF? How old are you now?
>>
File: IMG_20140825_003555 - Copy.jpg (162 KB, 532x780) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140825_003555 - Copy.jpg
162 KB, 532x780
>>29476044
I went in when I was 18, this part is gonna sound like bullshit but they have a program in state I went to school in where you could start college as soon as you had a GED, so I was able to take the GED as a registered home-schooler and started college at 13, graduated just before 18, then went str8 in. Won't say how old I am now because it's a level of information I don't feel like sharing on a Mongolian painting forum, but lets just say it's been a while since I went in and it's been a while since I got out.

Alright, this is the last picture I have in gear that's sanitized, from here on out its pretty much all pictures of grills that I generally only post on /r9k/ for shits N giggles.
>>
>>29476027
>change the culture to cuck you guys even more
Pls no. Most of my fellow European brothers are already cucked to the bone and we better don't even talk about politicians because thoae fuckers are the cuck gods.
>>
>>29476027
Never got the whole cuck thing when its a girl cheating on an unknowning bf...is it just trolling in that regard?
>>
File: Screenshot_2014-12-31-21-29-10.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-12-31-21-29-10.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>29476070
Now here's a rare sight, a thick(er) Taiwanese girl!
>>
>>29476084
You gaming these qts or you got a source?
>>
>look through company's database
>find some dyncorp guys
don't worry, none of them are you, and I wouldn't do anything but say "huh, cool" anyway
>also some blackwater/academi guys
>I'm that bored
>>
Why would a successful dude like you go to /r9k/, anon?
>>
>>29476070
I always hear that kind of age range when SOF are talking, it's always
>Yeah, I went in at 18/20

Are there no old SOF guys? Does that life just eat you too quick to be over 25?
>>
>>29476111
there's tons of old sof guys
you get to a point where it's like an old fart convention sometimes
>>
File: Screenshot_2014-08-15-17-55-55.png (295 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-08-15-17-55-55.png
295 KB, 1080x1920
>>29476082
One of my best friends is a Royal Marine I first met overseas who immigrated to the United States, I feel for all my European compatriots, get out if you can.

>>29476083
It's one thing to get cheated on unknowingly, but once you find out if you forgive her or even worse you try to throw down to defend her honor you're king cuck.

>>29476096
I sometimes got set up with them like in the story I told earlier, but otherwise Tinder senpai. Pic related.

>>29476105
I highly doubt I'd be in the database because as I said in the previous thread I'm just a freelancer who was picked up as a subcontractor in that case by Dyncorp. But we all get that kind of boredom, I just look through photos in an old shoe box that sits by my bedside.

>>29476106
To Chad post of course, I haven't done it it a while but I like to go there when I'm overseas in a different time zone because /k/ is usually dead and you can always stir the shit at any hour on /r9k/ with Chad posting.

>>29476111
I went Rangers though, which has more young guys starting for the most part, but a lot of 18x candidates are older guys, especially since a lot of them are guys re-enlisting. The life does eat away at you, but there are plenty of older guys like >>29476117 said. But it's defiantly a life that puts a beating on you, and that beating does get harder after 35 or so. Still, as I said earlier there are guys who start the pipeline in their early 30's.
>>
>>29476070
Pretty sure I saw you say when you went in earlier, so by that you'd be...

Younger than me, holy shit.

>>29476117
Really? I'd expect that because you don't want kids running around handling sensitive missions but it's just never what you see. I can't name a single time I've seen a guy talk about joining older than 23
>>
>>29476139
One of my team leaders in 2/75 had enlisted waaaaaay later in life and went to basic when he was 28. He's now a CAG guy.
>>
Just wanted to say thanks for coming by /k/
Always nice to talk to people who have been there done that
>>
>>29476148
What was his background?
>>
File: 194yqraixj1mbjpg.jpg (37 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
194yqraixj1mbjpg.jpg
37 KB, 636x358
>>29476159
I've been lurking since 2005, it's crazy but I've been here for over a decade now. I rarely post, but I had nothing to do today after working out so why not relive some nostalgia and hopefully give some info at the same time.

Oh yeah, you all have probably seen this picture but these guys are Taiwanese SRT if you didn't know that before.
>>
>>29476178
i bet at least one guy in that picture has an itchy nose and he's right on the edge of losing his shit
>>
File: k orders room service.webm (818 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
k orders room service.webm
818 KB, 624x352
>>29476178
Obligatory "why do they wear the mask?"

Have you ever put it on? Looks uncomfortable as shit
>>
File: 20140819_144618.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20140819_144618.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
>>29476166
He was a good friend of my oldest brother who went into the military straight after highschool, instead of joining up with my brother he hung out and kind of went from job to job and enjoyed life until he decided he wanted to get in on some of what my big bro was doing and signed an op 40 contract, he made it and did his time, came up threw the ranks, then eventually after a good number of years in was given the opportunity to go to selection.

>>29476187
Oh yeah those ballistic face masks suck donkey dick.

I'm not sure what to post anymore, so here's a random picture. Think of it what you will.
>>
>>29476178
>been here over a decade
same here
please don't remind me
I used to be young
>>
File: weebs rejoice.jpg (2 MB, 3096x2322) Image search: [Google]
weebs rejoice.jpg
2 MB, 3096x2322
>>29476196
Oh yeah, they're fucking horrible. Can't get a cheek weld, uncomfortable, hot, can't communicate effectively, bulky and cumbersome, the list goes on.

Oh yeah, Asia is basically anime land as there is always some kind anime expo.
>>
>>29476137
>It's one thing to get cheated on unknowingly, but once you find out if you forgive her or even worse you try to throw down to defend her honor you're king cuck.

Thats fair. I always feel bad for the poor fucks who get played, but i dont for those who stick around after.
>>
File: Screenshot_2014-08-26-15-25-23.png (2 MB, 1008x1688) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-08-26-15-25-23.png
2 MB, 1008x1688
>>29476225
Yeah, some guys get too desperate.
>>
>>29476221
You work in hong kong too?
>>
>>29476236
I like to visit, I was offered a job by a company based out of HK before, there's a story about that somewhere in this thread about it, it's pretty amusing.
>>
I want to try to go 18x, but I have 3 hang-ups that I feel might cause me some problems. First, my eyesight isn't great; it's correctable to 20/20 though. Second, I have hypothyroidism, and third is that I was on prozac for a little while but have been off and functioning perfectly for over a year now. Do you think these things will cause me much trouble?
>>
>>29476266
I'm not sure about the eyesight but as long as it's correctable to 20/20 and isn't blind without correction you should be fine. I know they dropped the requirement for having to get a waiver for eye correction, it should be fine. Prescriptions are one of those don't ask don't tell things, except they will ask but if you don't tell they'll never know unless you were court ordered to get mental health treatment and take the pills, in which case you'd be fucked. I have no clue about hypothyroidism, I'm no doctor and like I said before I don't like to give bullshit advice about things I have no knowledge about, it's one of those things where I can't know how much it affects you or how serious it is. I guess as long as you don't bring it up at any point and deny having it, it should let you get through MEPS (I'm not sure if they can or will test for it), so if they don't test for it then it really is a matter of asking yourself can you overcome serious physical and mental obstacles in the filed without any medical assistance. So as far as both the hypothyroidism and the prozac go, you will be tested physically and mentally like you never have been before, if you know that you can handle that without medication or treatment then it might be for you. But, on the other hand while I don't mean to sound like a dick, if you needed prescription pills because things got too hard in the past then this might not be for you, but I don't know your circumstances. Maybe you're like one of the many guys who's parents put him on that shit when he was kid or bought into the meme for a split second, again I don't know. It's something you got to ask yourself. I would recommend going and doing some serious backpacking in the wood after getting /fit/ and set a challenging test for yourself. Try doing a 32 mile road march with a ruck and try rucking 4 miles with a 60lb ruck and a rifle in under 60 minutes over terrain that has some bumps and hills in it. Test yourself.
>>
File: NANOMACHINES.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1372) Image search: [Google]
NANOMACHINES.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1372
>>29476355
And with that, I'm going to sleep. I'll check the thread to see if it's still up when I wake.
>>
>>29476365
Thanks man.
>>
>>29476355
Nah, I was put on it by my family doctor at my parents' recommendation, but I'm fine without it. Regarding the hypothyroidism, from all my research it seems to be fine, I just wanted a second opinion. The army medical fitness standards say that so long as it's controlled by meds, it's not a DQ, at least for just getting into the army; don't know about SF
>>
File: 1444844070003.gif (69 KB, 424x362) Image search: [Google]
1444844070003.gif
69 KB, 424x362
>>29476365
nighty night /K/ontractorman
>>
>>29475664

This is TOAD, the tripfaggot, this whole thread is bullshit.
>>
>>29475253
>>29475219
Well, it was pathetic

>Pushups
Ugh, 22

>Situps

>Two mile run
18:20, but I could have gone faster, I still have not figured out pacing

>MFW looking at stopwatch.
Silver lining, I now have my baseline to track progress.
>>
Say, if i'm a born italian of croatian descent, know serbian (can communicate with russian), know some japanese and have a c2 in english, can i use any of these to my advantage?

>european

Should i just immigrate or are there gigs over here?
>>
I want to work in Hongkong or Taiwan.
How do I apply overseas, senpai?
>>
>>29476511
Also, sorry to blogpost but this is so I can write it down when I get home

>Heart rate
Resting: 69bpm
After run: 156bpm
10 minutes of walking later: 92bpm
15 minutes after run: 77bpm

Not sure what that means, any /fit/izens on here know how to interpret that info?
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 268x268
>>29476511
> you will never be a war boy from the bullet farm
>>
File: Arabic_Dialects.svg.png (353 KB, 1681x950) Image search: [Google]
Arabic_Dialects.svg.png
353 KB, 1681x950
>>29474399
The problem with Arabic is that the Arabic you learn in school (Modern Standard Arabic) is completely different from spoken Arabic.

For example, you will learn how to say "I wanted to go home but there was an accident on the road" thusly:

aradtu an adhhab ila l-bayt walaakin kaana hunaak haaditha 'ala sh-shaari'

But people in places like Syria would say it like this:

kaan bedd-i eruh 'al-beet bass kaan fi haadse 'at-tari

In my opinion, Modern Standard Arabic isn't too difficult, it's just becoming familiar with the dialects that's a pain in the ass. Oh, and most Arabs can't understand people west of Libya.
>>
>>29472512
I work for the NSA and I'm gunna backtrace OP.
AMA.
>>
>>29472512

What do you know about Spain? Ever met any spaniard?

I'd like to do something similar or at least operate in my army.

Can foreigners be contracted by the US? Is there any sort of job security? Will a foreigner get killed for knowing too much?

I dont want to be a merc.
>>
>>29476670

What's the best site for rule 34 porn?

Which celebrity is the most deviant?
>>
>>29476684
Google.
Bruce Willis.
>>
>>29476693

Thanks senpai.

Can I get a part-time job with the NSA or any intel agency shitposting and spreading subtle propaganda?

Where can I apply?
>>
>>29476670

Do you usually get many fags like OP subtly bragging about their above-average job?

How many of those are roleplayers and how many legit?

Can you think for any reason why someone with those skills would talk about them on the internet?
>>
>>29476700
That's usually the FSBs territory.
>>29476707
Yes. I would assume most are legit. Attention, but also just to be able to talk about it with someone. The stuff people in the intelligence agencies do is usually pretty interesting, so it's kinda like having a hobby but you aren't allowed to discuss it with your friends.
>>
>>29472512

Do you have many joint / back problems?

Any fucked up part of your body?

Do you roid?

Can you have a normal, calm life after finishing your job?

How do you know you won't get bagged eventually just for knowing too much?

How do you know someone's not after you already?
>>
>>29476731

How's the intelligence service (CNI) in Spain?

Do europeans do cool shit too?

I believe I'm tagged and registered for downloading what is known as the do/k/ument, and I also have some jolly good deviant porn.

Am I fucked if I want to apply for a job? I dont mind telling the truth and admitting to those deviancies. I'm on their side.
>>
>>29476743
I don't know shit about Spain, but if it's anything like the rest of Europe it lots of terrorist hunting, but also a shit ton of leftist-Orwellian stuff too.
They can't deny the threat that muslims are, but are still pretty authoritarian.
>>
>>29476763
Stop derailing a god thread with this bullshit.
>>
File: later homo.jpg (56 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
later homo.jpg
56 KB, 500x499
>>29476818
Ok. Bye.
>>
When you go for a ts clearance do they give a shit if you've done some hard drugs? Most of my buddies say to be honest but idk how far I wanna go with that
>>
>>29475762
Fellow contractor here. be youngish, get cozy to branch leaders or program managers. Express interest constantly. Pick up in demand skills. Hop on first opportunity that comes up or first contract you see with deployment options. Go get TFT, get sent to some shit hole and ruin someone's day. Repeat.

Btw non military here. Non mil helps in my case. Much easier to get undercover assignments. They'll give you all the weapons and mission training you'll need.
>>
File: 1378952161330.jpg (40 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1378952161330.jpg
40 KB, 600x600
>MFW this thread
Neat.
>>
Aspiring LEO here. In college for criminal justice degree, have taken interest in learning Russian (pirating Rosetta Stone) but haven't fucked with it recently. Joining the military is an option after college, but I really just forsee myself joining a large urban department and then joining the SWAT team there. How could I get into contracting from LE rather than mil? I know another guy said he had no mil experience earlier but that was a bit vague.
>>
>>29478673
> aspiring LEO
> criminal justice degree
kek pick one
>>
>>29476510
You are aware that TOAD was/is a contractor and did do the things he's said.

>>29478673
There really is zero demand for LEO contractors as far as what /k/ontractor-TOAD is doing. Every once in awhile contracts come out for police trainers where they're looking for LEOs to go to 3rd world shitholes like Haiti and Congo to mentor local law enforcement in 1st world practices and that's about as cool as it gets.
>>
>>29478673

Guy who got offers from two departments here, ama

Your CJ is literally no advantage to you in the hiring process. It isn't *bad* but it isn't good either. Being conversational in Russian could be very useful to you depeding on where you applied, a small town Sheriff's office isn't going to give a fuck but major cities will. Not having military experience with your education level is going to be a serious limiter.
>>
>>29478777
Trips of truth
>>
>>29478204
Are you still here? Did you go through LE? I've already planned on learning Bosnian and am proficient in Spanish. Trying to pick up some real SERE school shit but not sure if I should go through with that after I get in with the Dept. or through private classes.

Is the pay still decent? I'm doing it more for the experience and the desire to travel than the pay but it'd be nice to know a price range prior to dipping into it.
>>
File: 1367117373004.jpg (46 KB, 366x480) Image search: [Google]
1367117373004.jpg
46 KB, 366x480
>>29476511
>Not even minimum APFT scores

I got some bad news buddy, you're never going to operate.
>>
>>29476511

What's your exercise program?
>>
I smoked weed when I was 18 and got a medical card. Will that fuck me for a TS and/or CIA background check?
>>
>>29479583
At the moment, all I'm doing is jogging every other day.

I'm going to start doing pushups/dips/core workouts on alternating days to jogging and maybe do squats on jogging days.

I'm also going to make one of pic related because I could use more forearm strength for speed shooting competitions.
>>
File: Emi's workout guide.jpg (2 MB, 4268x3100) Image search: [Google]
Emi's workout guide.jpg
2 MB, 4268x3100
>>29480523
this chart will guide you to success

dont do meme exercises, git gud at pushups situps and running first (and I would also argue pullups)

once you can pass these then move on to more complicated exercises
>>
>>29480523

Start a weightlifting program. Starting Strength, Stronglifts, Phraks, or whatever. Bodyweight exercises can be used supplementary but on their own they're faggot tier.
>>
>>29480196

How many times have you smoked weed, do you still smoke weed?
>>
>>29480822
Dude if he's getting a marijuana card I'd say that he smokes a bit.
>>
>>29476645
god dang

I am in Arabic 3 this semester, i just need arabic 4 and i will have an Associates in Arabic. So i know how to read and write, speaking is so-so but it will be much better in a few months.

the thing that i am worried is that i will not catch on the dialects such as sham-ee but i know they would understand me.
>>
>>29480822
I smoked it heavily then, but I haven't smoked in almost 2 years. My card is also expired. By the time I will be getting a background check, it would have been at least 6 years since I smoked weed.
>>
File: 1457196478464.jpg (38 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1457196478464.jpg
38 KB, 500x667
>>29472512
How prevalent is steroids in the SOF community?
know anyone who uses? I assume it would get you DQd during selection, but after more of a dont ask dont tell kind of thing.

also can you talk a bit about your prepping for 18x, what kind of running/ lifting routines did you follow?
cheers matey, good thread.
>>
>>29481444
5-10 years
>>
>>29481444

Smoking weed more than 10 times before 21 or 1 time after is an automatic disqualification from Federal employment.
>>
>>29481507
that's simply not true
>>
>>29481540

Go ahead, tell the CIA you smoked over 10 times when you were under 21. Let me know when they hire someone with that level of reefer madness.
>>
>>29481568
Prove it then.

>it's secret lol CIA

No, it's not, faggot.

The CIA has their requirements right on the fucking website just like everyone else.
>>
>>29481568
straight from cia.gov

> To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs or misused prescription drugs within the last 12 months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to 12 months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing. Drug abuse is one of the common reasons applicants are denied a security clearance. You cannot work for the CIA without a security clearance. You can find more information on this subject at Before You Apply on the Application Process.

you're full of shit anon
>>
>>29481602

Unlike you I actually have experience with the CIA's background investigation. Again, if I'm full of shit go ahead and tell the CIA during your e-QIP, BI interview, and poly all about all the marijuana cigarettes you've smoked. They'll take a pothead like you with open arms for sure.
>>
>>29481652

>The issue of illegal drug use prior to 12 months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing. Drug abuse is one of the common reasons applicants are denied a security clearance
Again, if you smoke weed more than 10 times before 21 or 1 time after is an automatic disqualification
>>
>>29481684
>[citation needed]

how would they even know if you smoked more than 10 times before 21 or one time after?
>>
>>29481704

Asking you, polygraphing you, and the background investigator interviewing your old classmates, friends, and neighbors.
>>
>>29481733
> polygraph
pseudoscience bullshit and the only question they ask for a TS clearance is "have you smoked marijuana"

> interviewing people you put down as references
for TS they only interview those people

still [citation needed] for:
> if you smoke weed more than 10 times before 21 or 1 time after is an automatic disqualification
>>
>>29481733
>friends.

Shiieeeet.
>>
>>29481783

>pseudoscience bullshit
Go ahead, lie during your CIA poly, let me know how that goes for you
>the only question they ask for a TS clearance is "have you smoked marijuana"
TS clearance and your CIA BI are on two different levels
>for TS they only interview those people
You better believe your CIA background investigator is going to be contacting more than the references you list.
>[citation needed]
Dumb nigger, I am the citation, I am the one who actually knows these investigators, not you. The only people I've seen get waived for >10 while <21 or 1 >21 are SOF dudes with seriously heavy DD214s which I guarantee you fucking aren't.
>>
File: thinkstick.jpg (24 KB, 250x427) Image search: [Google]
thinkstick.jpg
24 KB, 250x427
>>29472512
>ad a very specific vision and purpose that I was called by God to fulfill, I would dig deep and meditate if this is something that you are CALLED to do, and if so go option 40 or 18x, you WILL deploy if you make it. So dig deep and search their feelings, pray and ask God for guidance

What the fuck
>>
>>29481808

Don't listen to that retard saying they only contact listed references. It is NOT unusual for CIA background investigators to contact high school friends and other people you haven't talked to in years.
>>
>>29481862
You got a problem with someone believing in God, faggot?
>>
>>29480806
No weights man. I live in a tiny apartment and there is no gym with free weights nearby that isn't on base.
>>
>>29482022

Then you're fucked because body weight alone won't be enough
>>
>>29482035
Not sure how to fix that. I'll google strength training in an apartment and see what solutions I can find.

I did just snag an Iron Gym pull-up thing at goodwill for $10 though, so that's a start for diversifying my workout.
>>
>>29481890
This lol. If u do ur a fedora nerd xD.
>>
>>29481877
>It is NOT unusual for CIA background investigators to contact high school friends and other people you haven't talked to in years.

Oh that's fine.

I move on pretty quickly so I'm quite unsure how'd they find out.

I was worried I'd have to name them all including people I don't really remember.
>>
>>29482172

>so I'm quite unsure how'd they find out.
They'll ask you to write down everywhere you've ever lived and provide one reference who knew you there. They'll ask that reference who else knew you there, and then they'll ask all those people who else knew you and then they'll ask all of them about you. Same thing for all schools you've ever attended as well as jobs worked. If you've lived, studied, or worked there within the past 5 years they'll send someone out to talk to people and gather information on you.

Don't falsify because they're going to cross-reference what you give them with your taxes and other government paperwork.
>>
>>29482072
>Iron Gym pull-up thing
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
>>
>>29476084
God damn I'd leave my dick in that overnight
>>
>>29482258
I'm literally okay with that as I'm pretty much a straight laced guy.

I just didn't want to do a shitload of fucking paperwork detailing my entire life and like the hundreds of people I've met. I'm totally okay with them doing the grunt of the legwork during a background check.
>>
Honrestly would love to contract. Have tons of tactical and firearms experience. Where should I start?
>>
>>29483841
>I just didn't want to do a shitload of fucking paperwork detailing my entire life
KEK, that's exactly what you'll be doing. The e-QIP itself is an average of 50ish pages of detailing your entire life.

>>29483888
Do you have military experience? If not you can start by enlisting in a SOF unit.
>>
oh look another role play thread with a dynacorp cook who wants to be an oper8tor

p.s. Dynacorp sucks and runs little boys as sex slaves
>>
>>29472512
So I guess I should take the option 40 or nothing, huh?

Recruiter put it on the table, but something tells me that was just to reel me in and he won't reserve it if I don't bug him about it.

Then again, it's not all about me. I'd probably join anyway just because I feel like all Americans should serve their country in one way or another.
>>
File: download (57).jpg (5 KB, 236x213) Image search: [Google]
download (57).jpg
5 KB, 236x213
>>29472702
>>29472716
>>29472733
>>29472752

How do you feel about being a hired gun?
>>
>>29483930
I have no military experience but I have trained and ran with law enforcement and military guys during training. How do I get into a SOF unit?
>>
>>29484117

That doesn't mean dick. Talk to an army recruiter and ask for an 18X contract or an option 40 contract. You cannot get into contracting without that experience.

>>29483978

Do it!
>>
>>29475287
Mr. MARSOC sounds like a real bro.
>>
>>29475446
>waiting till 21, then going for 18x contract.

Damn, maybe I shouldn't be rushing into this whole military thing. If I just wait it out and use the next few years to train, I'd have a much better shot at SF than just joining right away and crossing my fingers for an opportunity that might not come.

What do you think?
>>
>>29484297

I think you should do whatever you're comfortable with so long as you understand that all these things will take a minimum of half a decade of your life so plan accordingly.
>>
>>29484494
>a minimum of half a decade
For us older guys that's a big deal, but for the 18-20 year olds that's nothing.
>>
>>29475287
Damn man, I just get all friendly when I'm drunk. That's hard core.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.