[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has a women ever successfully designed a firearm (something original
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 667x1000
Has a women ever successfully designed a firearm (something original I.e. Not an accessory or cosmetic detail to an existing design)? I can't think of a single military that has adopted a gun who's lead designer was female and even on the civilian market my mind still runs blank. I know a lot of you will make jokes but I ask this question sincerely.
>>
>>29472219
Women typically aren't very good at anything in general so I would guess no
>>
Op here, what about some gommie military designer, if not only for a political statement.
>>
>>29472279

Then there is a guy probably behind her trying to get dem women buyers to give him shekles.
>>
>>29472219
There aren't exactly large amounts of women in engineering in general
>>
File: Hedy_lamarr_-_1940.jpg (127 KB, 800x1054) Image search: [Google]
Hedy_lamarr_-_1940.jpg
127 KB, 800x1054
Pic related designed a guided torpedo.
>>
>>29472532
I'd let her guide my torpedo if you understand my meaning
>>
File: 1459388229245.gif (333 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1459388229245.gif
333 KB, 240x180
>>29472540
HHHHHUHUHUHUHUHUEUHUHUUHUHUH
>>
>>29472540
I don't, can you please elaborate further?
>>
>>29472532
Wasn't she also a telle star or something?

She designed the frequency hopping computer for the guidance, (frequency hopping, she fucking invented Datalink and Bluetooth in 1945) I don't recall if she designed the whole torp though.
>>
>>29472532
No she didn't tumblrtard, she maybe might have along with some guy she was fucking have been involved in the idea of frequency hopping radio guidance, which was then used in a few WWII torpedoes that were designed by people she never met.

Next you'll tell me Ida lovelace invented computers because she made tea for and sucked the dick of the rich eccentric who made an automated computation/drawing machine in the late 19th century for shits and giggles.
>>
Women don't generally invent anything. My sisters are fairly smart, and one is even an engineer, but neither is intellectually curious.
>>
>>29473324
>neither is intellectually curious

How about sexually curious?
>>
>>29473289
Who hurt you, buddy?
>>
>>29473446
>da troof?
>das sexist, Hedy Lamar invented wifi and don't you dare say different!
>>
>>29473479
Wew lad, that's a big ol pile of straw. You argue like a small child.

>Hedy Lamarr invented frequency hopping torpedoes
>Nuh uh, she was just fucking the guy that came up with frequency hopping. Everyone knows women are incapable of thinking on the same level as men.
>stop being stupid
>HAHA I BET NEXT UR GONNA TELL ME SHE INVENTED SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT YOU DUMB SHIT HOHOHO GOTCHU KIDDO
>>
>>29473615
Well, that solves that.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.