[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I bought this beauty (pic related) weeks ago for two reasons,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 000_0203.jpg (83 KB, 1024x417) Image search: [Google]
000_0203.jpg
83 KB, 1024x417
So I bought this beauty (pic related) weeks ago for two reasons, its a Mauser and for shtf/sniper role(because I don't have enough money for a modern weapon). Good idea? Or bad? I want your opinions.
>>
> I don't have enough money for a modern weapon

You don't have $450 for a WASR?

You get the Mauser for historical appreciation.
For SHTF role, you get a semi-automatic carbine.
>>
>>29469998
If you can afford a Mauser, you can afford an Axis or Patriot, both of which would be better choices for use in the field.
>>
>>29469998
>M48
>for shtf/sniper role
>2016

Unless you live in /ex-Yu/, it's a bad idea. Nothing wrong with the rifle, you just want something with better sights (iron or optical) and more easily available ammunition.
>>
>>29469998
Good idea except for ammo. If your Mauser was a 308 it might work but for shtf you will run out of ammo unless you stockpile or reload.

I say this as someone who loves Mausers, but live in a country where they are more rare
>>
>>29469998

i prefer Lee-Enfields to Mausers but they are perfectly capable weapons. Start shooting a lot at extended range 300 to 600 meters. With young good eyes this shouldn't be a problem. Learn your sights, how to correct for windage and moving targets. Learn how to clean, service and fix your rifle. You are at a severe disadvantage against mag fed semi autos so you better getting 1st shot hits. One easy upgrade would be glass bedding the barrel.
>>
>>29470036

Amateur hour you don't stick your rifle out a firing slit you shoot through the slit from inside the bunker to mask you muzzle flash, noise and dust signature.
>>
>>29470069
>Slavs
>Hiding from the enemy
>>
File: Yugoslavian_M48_rifle_Yemen.jpg (519 KB, 1200x825) Image search: [Google]
Yugoslavian_M48_rifle_Yemen.jpg
519 KB, 1200x825
>>29470069
Generally people don't pose for photographs while under fire.
>>
>>29470016
>WASR
> $450
Pick only one.
>>
>>29469998
>>29469998
Well there are better guns but I suppose there are much worse choices. A solid tool, definitely, but consider expanding.

So a breakdown: You did okay. A full-powered cartridge is great for medium to large game from muzzle to 600 yards. Bolt actions are ultra reliable and Mausers even more so. A bayonet adds to the versatility, giving you a pretty decent combat / hunting knife and a good all-around tool. A sling is a must and its nice you've got one. If you don't have other guns, understand this one's limitations and practice a lot. This will get you out of a sticky situation and is great for guerrilla warfare, lying in wait with one or two time-taken shots then G-ingTFO. Become comfortable with the rifle and be able to accurately hit a target at various ranges. But six rounds of slow-cycling ammo is terrible in a lot of situations.

Buy some more guns to expand your versatility. Here's my own little poorfag guide:
Pistol:
>CZ83
For like $300 you can get a decent double stack handgun in .380 ACP. Ammo is more common than 9x18 and its small enough to be concealed.
>Walther PPX
Literally for under $350 you can get a combat-style handgun in 9mm or .40, just do it.

Shotgun:
>Maverick 88
Mossberg 500 w/ crossbolt safety for $250.
>Pardner Pump
Remington 870 w/ humpback receiver for $220.
>Stevens 320
Winchester 1200 action w/ 2 barrels for $250.

Rifles:
>Armalite Eagle-15
$500 for a name-brand AR in 5.56, why not?
>Used WASR-10
$500 for a battle-proven rifle with deeper penetration.

Rimfire:
>Glenfield Model 60
No magazines to lose.
>Ruger 10/22
Parts are everywhere.

There you go OP, you did okay, now its time to start building your collection. Don't ever doubt a Mauser but never leave everything for it to do.
>>
>>29470016
>You don't have $450 for half a WASR?

Ftfy
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.