[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any TACPs or ALO (Air Liaison Officers) in here? I am interested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9
File: operator 49.jpg (73 KB, 800x582) Image search: [Google]
operator 49.jpg
73 KB, 800x582
Any TACPs or ALO (Air Liaison Officers) in here? I am interested in becoming an ALO but I havent done AFROTC. Are there OTS slots for ALOs? As in can you apply as a civilian then become an ALO? What is the life of an ALO like? I here they dont get to fight and see action as much as the enlisted TACPs.. bumping with pics.
>>
File: operator 40.jpg (195 KB, 1600x895) Image search: [Google]
operator 40.jpg
195 KB, 1600x895
>>29469505
>>
File: combat controller 4.jpg (170 KB, 600x758) Image search: [Google]
combat controller 4.jpg
170 KB, 600x758
>>29469512
>>
File: combat controller 5.jpg (4 MB, 2499x1650) Image search: [Google]
combat controller 5.jpg
4 MB, 2499x1650
>>29469528
>>
File: combat controller 7.jpg (567 KB, 931x1000) Image search: [Google]
combat controller 7.jpg
567 KB, 931x1000
>>29469546
>>
File: combat controller 15.jpg (672 KB, 2400x1559) Image search: [Google]
combat controller 15.jpg
672 KB, 2400x1559
>>29469553
>>
File: combat controller 16.jpg (532 KB, 2400x1597) Image search: [Google]
combat controller 16.jpg
532 KB, 2400x1597
>>29469568
>>
File: combat controller 18.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2090) Image search: [Google]
combat controller 18.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2090
>>29469575
>>
File: combat controller 23.jpg (34 KB, 400x269) Image search: [Google]
combat controller 23.jpg
34 KB, 400x269
>>29469587
>>
>>29469505
Im kind of in youre boat OP, I would like to be a PJ. Thought about SEALs, but I think being a super hard core medic would be more up my alley.
>>
Not an ALO, but I have friends in the community and got a recruiting brief on it so here's what I know. If you want to go on missions outside the wire and drop warheads on foreheads, definitely go TACP. As an ALO, you're going to be spending a majority of your time in command centers with army brass planning and advising. You still do a ton of training/exercises to learn the job and its a damn cool job. But its typically the enlisted guys who go on missions. As an officer, its your job to handle the admin stuff and make sure your guys are well taken care of. And you better know your shit, you'll be put in charge of some real badasses that will not respect nor follow a POS leader.

As far as lifestyle, you'll be living on army bases in your own little corner with not many AF guys around. The ALOs giving the brief sounded pretty bummed and said it was a lonely lifestyle, but I've heard that is because most AF bros on an army base tend to keep to themselves and don't try to mix with the army. Fitness is a huge part of the community, a "jack of all trades, master of none" sort of approach is taken. You'll be doing a bit of everything: rucking, swimming, distance running, weight lifting, etc. Its a relatively new career field, it used to just be a temporary duty staffed by pilots so they're still figuring out duty locations, recruiting, etc. I couldn't tell you about OTS slots, but to get selected from AFROTC/Academy/crosstraining you have to apply and be accepted to a week long indoc course that's run like a typical SOF selection. But being an officer position, they look a lot more at attitude, personality, and leadership. They're potentially selecting their future commander so its common for people to breeze right through all the physical challenges, but not be selected because they're shitty team member.
>>
>>29469587
something is really off about those guys.

is that airsoft?
>>
>>29473823
Yes, hence the paintball mask on the right, the helmet with the "Hawk" nametape and shitty paintjob on the left. Also weird blue bcg on the right. I play airsoft and go to big events and stuff but that picture looks pretty tacky
>>
>>29473877
>>29473823
I figured it out for myself. It's just a photo opportunity during a training exercise, that's why there gear looks pristine and they look like faggots.

>Second Lt. J.T. Hawk (left) and Master Sgt. William Peterson respond to a "hostile" threat in combat skills training at Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M., on Tuesday, May 9, 2006. (U.S. Air Force photo/Master Sgt. Scott Wagers)
>>
>>29473800
Very interesting! Thank you.
>>
I'm planning on dropping a retrain package once my three year mark hits, but I can't decide between tacp and cct. Both appeal to me a lot and have some overlap. Can anyone give me some advice?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.