[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are fat people more bullet proof?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: P82GvlT.gif (1 MB, 225x199) Image search: [Google]
P82GvlT.gif
1 MB, 225x199
Are fat people more bullet proof?
>>
more penetration needed to reach vitals

they'll probably bleed the same if not more
>>
>>29468095
Yes.
>>
Instead of wearing kevlar we should be eating burgers and fries, I guess
>>
>>29468095
depends how fat, the type of ammunition used, and where the round lands

being a lardbeast wouldn't protect you from being put down by a cop with his beretta, but you might not die as easily as a thinner person would simply because the bullet is less likely to pierce internal organs

you'd still bleed, though. and extracting the bullet could be difficult if you're a real fatass and doctors have to go on an easter egg hunt among your gelatinous padding
>>
>>29468147

Unless the bullet is likely to cause complications (see in the wall of an organ or against something important) they usually leave it in place and just sew up the wound.
>>
>>29468095
Its gonna be harder to stop the bleeding.
Harder to find the bullet, cause lol under penetration.
Fat, being soft, would likely tear more easily than muscle, causeing larger wound channels.

Id say your better off not being super fat, or super buff.
>>
>>29468095
No
http://mythresults.com/coffin-punch
scroll down to human fat bullet proof?
>>
>>29468095
No. They only present an extended challenge when attempting to kidnap them.
>>
Fat is less dense than muscle by a considerable amount.
However, I don't think either would provide a significant layer of protection.
See Bears.
They've got lots of muscle mass and lots of subcutaneous fat, and they can still be put down fairly easily with modern rifle cartridges.
>>
>>29468095
Just stop putting yourself in a position where you could possibly get shot.
>>
Maybe if you're shooting 22 short but no, fat, even feets of it, wont stop a bullet.
>>
>>29468165
An xray will rind it.
>>
>>29468356

what about a hollow point? That won't travel very far and just give stuck halfway into the fat. won't it?
>>
>>29468539
Posthumously, im sure.
>>
>>29468188
This. You'd need to have like, ten feet of fat. Other favourite one was the pizza box armor where they found you'd need like 35 pizza boxes
>>
>high drag, low speed
>>
Ask Americans.
>>
>>29468799

These tests were with rifles meant to penetrate though. Just thinking about like a 9mm hollow point or something. There's no way that's penetrating mr. chubbs.
>>
>>29468292
Peter "Fat Pete" Chiodo

"On May 8, 1991 two shooters ambushed Chiodo at a gas station in Staten Island where he was working on a car. Chiodo received 12 bullet wounds in the arms, legs, and torso, but survived the attack.Doctors credited Chiodo's 500 pound (227 kg.) weight for saving his life; his massive girth prevented the bullets from penetrating a vital organ or artery"
>>
No. We have more blood vessels (why fat people are more prone to high blood pressure), so we would bleed more if we were shot. Also, we present larger targets. Basically, if a shooter came after my friends and I, i would probably take most of the bullets.

> 1.52 m
>81.6 kg
>>
>>29468878
Post yfw you realize American are so fat to protect themselves from getting shot.
>>
>>29469682
You serious? That doesn't sound too fat. Are you female? Very few males are that short. I'm not fat and weigh 95 - 110 kg while being 181cm
>>
>>29468095
No, more bullet absorbent
>>
>>29468095
Daily reminder that if you're not lifting to develop abs that can stop a bullet or pecs that can stop a meteor you should just kill urself my man. Knives are another story though.
>>
there was a story in England of a fat fuck getting attacked with a circular saw, and survived because they couldn't cut anything serious because he was too fat.
>>
File: mag, sig, dillon, 10m.jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mag, sig, dillon, 10m.jpg
27 KB, 640x480
>>29468095
My guess is they're more resistant to hollow point and large slow FMJ bullets, and much more vulnerable to armour piercing and fast FMJ bullets.
>>
>>29472291

That's what I was thinking. Rifle bullets would be the same but with hollow points a fat man is basically a terminator.
>>
>>29468164
>what is lead poisoning

Fuddlore is fun but it really has no place here.
>>
If they have to the anesthetized for surgery they are less likely to start breathing again. Also harder to get to a trauma center via EMS if you need a bariatric ambulance. And don't even think about medevac
>>
File: 327-Federal.jpg (267 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
327-Federal.jpg
267 KB, 1000x800
>>29472357
Don't think it's that extreme, they're still extra likely to bleed to death, there's no way a fattie would withstand .357SIG and up.
>>
>>29468095
>what is mythbusters.
>>
File: The_Red_Solstice_Boss.1396641559.jpg (609 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The_Red_Solstice_Boss.1396641559.jpg
609 KB, 1920x1080
>>29472291
>fat people vulnerable to hollow point and more resistant to FMJ

It's just like muh Red Solstice.
>>
>>29470930
At least the poor bastard didn't have to worry about getting shot.
>>
>>29469682
Did you know you don't lose blood vessels after you lose weight? Kind of a good thing, even though being fat rekts your heart.
>>
>>29468095
"Define" Bulletproof...

I won't say Bulletproof but skeptically Bullet Resistant.
>>
>>29468095
I worked in a ER for almost 10 years.

These big fat nigger 'gangsta' land whales would come in with like 16 gun shot wounds and never even go into ICU.

The bullets seem to never get deep enough to hit kidneys, heart or larger arteries.

If a ham beast does come in dead, its normally because they were shot in the head or in the back.

Fat has poor blood circulation, so all the people here talking about how fat people would bleed more because of the extra fat need to learn 2 anatomy.
>>
>>29468292
Bears are NOT easy to put down with ANY cartage.
>>
>>29475752

Shut up faggot. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Here In Alaska when you report killing an animal in defense, they list the weapon that was used to do so. 90% of the time, a grizzly was killed with a .357 or a 45 acp from a hand gun....it was not a shit ton of rounds put into the creature, instead a few well placed shots...again its clear you don't know what you're talking about...so fuck of fag.
>>
>>29468095
A little, but it just doesn't make up for lower mobility.
>>
>>29476421
Been on a lot of hunting trips to Alaska faggot. Killed a lot of grizzlies.

The big ones do not normally wander onto peoples property. The big ones require joint shots, you normally do not want to try and shoot them in their fatty tissues / flanks that cover their vital organs.

You're not from Alaska, your a 13yr old edge lord who's never even been bore hunting.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.