[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me out /k/ Just got my letter telling me I'm medically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: SNN3010X--_1593066a.jpg (114 KB, 620x1078) Image search: [Google]
SNN3010X--_1593066a.jpg
114 KB, 620x1078
Help me out /k/

Just got my letter telling me I'm medically unfit for service, and as a Brit it was my one fucking escape from this life of utter mundane bullshit.

Anyone suggest any alternate careers that won't make me want to claw my eyes out with boredom and maybe play with guns?
>>
>>29466571
French foreign legion
>>
>>29466571
What did they get you for? And what Corps did you go for out of curiosity?
>>
>>29466571
>Top Gear Host
>Tea salesperson
>Slave owner of Irish people

those are the only English careers I can think of right now
>>
>>29466571
get american passport and a few thousand dollars, come over here and go to some of the registered paramilitary training camps ...if you show a level head and proficiency a PMC is likely to scout you
>>
>>29466571
You could voleenter for either the Ukraine or Syrian conflicts their might be other but those are the only ones I could think of that take foreign volenteers
>>
>>29466571
Entirely depends on what "medically unfit" was.

Not having legs might be a problem for a lot of paths.

>>29466575
FFL doesn't take dregs anymore, and if you fail medically for something obvious, they wouldn't want him either.
>>
Injury in question is an ACL rupture, suffered it when I was 17 (long while ago) and I've had zero issues with anything since (rugby, mountaineering etc) but it's still enough to be a bar from service.

>>29466575
No thanks, I'm not a fan of buggery and garlic.

>>29466597
I was applying as an officer, the plan was Royal Artillery as that's the family regiment.

>>29466615
I have considered moving to the US for the funs, but I have family and friends here I wouldn't want to permanently leave the UK.
>>
>>29466670

can't get it repaired?
>>
>>29466630
>>29466670
If you have a scar on your knee from knee surgery, you will be DQ'd from the Legion as well.

Inapte definitif. Here's 50 Euros for your trouble, please never return.
>>
>>29466689

Doesn't need it, but an ACL repair is actually am incredibly invasive procedure and the recovery is over a year. If I'd had a repair I wouldnt have even got past initial screening.

>>29466719
No scar, no surgery.

But still, I don't fancy fighting for a foreign government and I'd have liked to be an officer.
>>
>>29466755
Happened to a mate of mine when I at ITC Catterick. He was Discharged because of a knee operation he had when he was 15. He did many exercises overnight and PT drills that would have caused his leg to fall apart if it was a problem. But regardless of evidence and eyewitnesses they still kicked him out, it's bollocks mate.
>>
>>29466571
So, become a constable. They accept anyone.
>>
>>29466755
I am in training with the canadian army as infantry and a guy on are platoon has the exact same thing as you. Also why did you not lie.If your not cheating your not trying to win.
>>
>>29466615
Because with all these actual combat veterans looking for work, including many former special forces, they'll hire some rando who went to a few classes
>>
File: tabûra-azadiya.jpg (101 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
tabûra-azadiya.jpg
101 KB, 960x540
>>29466571

Go join Peshmerga in Iraq or YPG in Syria.

Lots of action.

If you like having tons of tacticool stuff, German rifles and large scale operations in the desert and partying with tons of booze in between, contact the Pesh. They even pay.

If you're a man with ideals and like the real shit, small group guerilla action with old Soviet and US gear, supported by the international coalition and old, hijacked russian APCs and tanks, with almost no tactical equipment but great ideals and real comradeship, go contact the Lions of Rojava. You'll have REAL WW1 style action, fighting over a few hundred meters from trench to trench for days or small guerilla attacks. They recruit willing Western volunteers for the battle against ISIS in Syria.

Either way, that's like one of the few ways to fight the good fight and get some real action.
>>
>>29466755

old college roommate tore his ACL senior year of college and got it repaired. now he's a Navy SEAL. odd that the bongs do it that differently.
>>
>>29466834
Pretty much this OP, but if I may: Pesh a shit.
All they do is sit around eating rice and beans, and guard their boarders. Only like 5% of foreigners who join the Pesh actually get to do anything other than borrow a real Pesh's AK so they can take cool photo's for their instagram

YPG on the other hand... You're right, far more 'ragtag' from a western military perspective but not only are they not corrupt like the Peshmerga, but they actually do something

Small group of us are heading out in a couple of months time
>[email protected]
If any are seriously interested
>>
File: serkeftin-ypg.jpg (66 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
serkeftin-ypg.jpg
66 KB, 600x340
>>29466929

This. A hundred times.

Those men, women, boys & girls are the real few, the real proud. The real heroes of the 21st century.

Her Bijî Berxwedana YPG û YPJ

Her Bijî Şoreşê Rojavaye Kûrdistanê

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI0IPcVXeoY
>>
>>29466929
Poorfag here. Will they provide weapons and equipment? What about transport to there and back? Would I get paid something? Atleats to cover the expenses so I don't have to pay to fight for them.
>>
>>29467056

You'll have to pay for the flight to Iraq, that's everything. They pick you up, from then on everything is free for you. You'll get smuggled to Syria within a few weeks, and receive training and equipment. And they pay for your ticket back home if you stay at least 6 months.

No payment. But there's some commanders that pay 250k syrian pounds (~120 USD) per month. You can buy stuff like energy drinks and (disgusting) Syrian candy with that if you like.
>>
>>29466571
Join a shooting club? Not all firearm related pursuits need to be service related.
>>
>>29466829
Cheating is difficult when it's on your NHS records, dude.

>>29466843
This does not make me feel better. Reckon I could make it as a SEAL? I do have family in Aus, Canada and the US so I could move/get citizenship if it came to it but I kind of like being British.

>>29466929
I'll bear that in mind.

But foreign fighters tend to get arrested on return here no matter who they fight for. Sounds dope though. Probably get a lifetime of combat experience in a month or so.
>>
>>29466571
Have you thought of the other services? The navy has a lot of cool jobs, lower fitness and see more of the world.

Mine Clearance Divers and helicopter crews do get a lot of real world use too.
>>
>>29466571
OP

maybe look at joining one of the commonwealth forces?

Canadian/Aus/NZ and for the love of god, don't tell them about your knee, especially if you haven't had surgery on it
>>
>>29467092
Try asking about this on ARRSE. There are threads of people overcoming similar situations. Medicals may seem final but there is room for manuvere depending on the individual.
>>
>>29467056
Pretty much >>29467082
You'll get food, water, a place to sleep, ammo, webbing, a uniform, and a rifle. They can't actually pay you directly or a decent amount (THANKS UN) but they do give a monthly allowance of about $100 to buy whatever you want with.

It's not a career choice thanks for sure, but it'll be exciting!

>>29467092
Multiple Brits have freely gone back and forth, just simply state you're fighting AGAINST the Jihadi's and you'll be fine. Macer Gifford was giving interviews showing off his new plates and M3 trench knife, even phoned up the police to say he'd be heading back to Syria, and they didn't really show much interest. We might be questioned a little, or harassed on the Iraqi side due to Visa fees, but that shouldn't be an issue. Only be worried if you're Australian.
>>
>>29467083

I would have joined one if I got in or not - I'm very keen to get my FAC and own a firearm or two.

I don't nessecarily want a job with firearms, just something that is similar to the army. I'm looking at the fire service, but I'm being pushed away from police by my parents (who are both police)
>>
>>29467156

That's actually wrong. Since a few months, everyone who returns to the UK from Rojava gets arrested and charged. Look for Aiden Aslin for example, he's been all over the news recently.
Australia on the other hand has finally legalized fighting against Daesh, a few weeks ago i think.
>>
>>29466571
I heard ISIS is recruiting
>>
>>29467156
What about language? Should I learn a local language or is english fine?
Are there seperate western units?
>>
>>29467186

There's 2 seperate volunteer units. The /223 consists of Western ex-militaries, the Internationalist Freedom Battallion is a communist volunteer group. English is lingua franca in both.

But volunteers are often also embed in kurdish units.
>>
I fought in Iraq as a US Marine grunt 0311 in 2003 invasion, 2005 2nd Fallujah, 2006 in Baghdad. There are a few pieces of kit I would not go back without Hard ceramic rifle plates, Israeli bandages, tournequet and a better rifle then a AK with its garbage leaf sights and shitty ergonomics. Save a frag on LBE for yourself if you are going to get captured.
>>
>>29467186
You'll receive 2 months training in weapons, tactics, political stuff, and (Kurmanji) Kurdish. But yes if you're interested you should def try and learn as much as possible before you go(I suck at it).

As another anon said there are western units, but chances are we'll be mixed in with the Kurds, with a couple of other westerners. The plan is for my group and I to stick together, but it might not work out that way.
>>
>>29467186

If you are a UK national who seriously think you aren't going to get pulled by the services for planning on travel into Turkey and trying to hop the border into Iraq or Syria JUST after they pulled two other who were wanting to do it, you are a utterly mental cretin.

Take >>29467136 advice about checking ARRSE.
>>
>>29467237
>2 months

It's normally 1 week. Up to a maximum of 3, depends on your experience.

I did it last year, 3 weeks mountains in Iraq, 8 days training in Dêrik/Rojava, 2 1/2 months frontline.
>>
>>29467225
Don't the lions of rojava actually give you a frag for that reason?
>>
>>29467244
I'm not from UK
>>
(forgot my trip)>>29467237

>>29467176
I had not heard of him, damn. You got any more info? Is it just him?

>>29467244
>travelling to Turkey
That only works for ISIS m8

>>29467251
It's advised you keep a spare bullet in your gear somewhere, yes

>>29467250
Sweet! Got any pics or stories?
>>
Go do a different recruiter and lie about your knee you fucking idiot.
>>
>>29467251

That's a tough pill to swallow but still better then being tortured and publicly and painfully executed. Making a "God Call" on your position and having your own artillery kill you would be better and you'd take the bastards with you.

I don't relish the idea of getting wounded there. Medical practices are not up to 1st world standards. There is no pension or treatment for your crippled ass for the rest of your life either.
>>
>>29467254

Sorry, I thought you were OP.

>>29467260

It is besides the point, the security services are on the lookout for anyone who has an interest in travelling and joining the various groups.
>>
>>29467262
>Go do a different recruiter and lie about your knee you fucking idiot.
The UK recruiters share the same database and can pull NHS records, think twice and stop making assumptions before calling someone else a fucking idiot.
>>
>>29466571
French Foreign Legion
>>
>>29466833
Isn't the US downsizing anyways?
>>
>>29467422

Yes but always need a steady stream of young recruits
>>
>>29467262
See what >>29467302 said - I'm now in the national database as having been rejected on medical grounds. Any other application will be slapped down before I'd even get an interview.

>>29467136
I've had a look through ARRSE but the letter I got pretty much summed up why any appeal would be a waste of time. I mean I'm going to but I'm not holding out a huge amount of hope.
>>
>>29467284
An interest in yes, but I think that guy was pulled over because he was acting shifty. Purchasing a one-way ticket to Iraq at the airport? C'mon now...
>>
>>29466571
Move to us. :^)
>>
>>29466571
Sure easy...rebel against your evil ass Orwellian government. Plenty of action.

And no I'm not joking. You don't even have free speech anymore. You want action and this is something that NEEDS to be done.

You're welcome.
>>
>>29466601
kek
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.