[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glock 29 v 30, 45acp v. 10mm sub-compacts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 251x201
>be commiefornia
>live in a shall issue county
>limited to 10 rounds
>limited to things on the roster
I narrowed it down to these two, which one /k/? I already own a 19 and love it but I since I can
t carry 15 rounds I thought I should go with the best round you can find in a 10 round handgun. What's the practicality of 45acp v 10mm? Will the recoil on the 10mm be too excessive that it will be hard to get follow-up shots? Will the price of 10mm hinder my ability to practice with the firearm?

Thank you guys!
>>
>Will the price of 10mm hinder my ability to practice with the firearm?
That would be my #1 concern personally, but that's a financial question only you can answer. But honestly I think you should roll with .45 because the difference is negligible, you can find them easier, and it's obviously cheaper.
>>
>>29465807
I am leaning heavily towards the Glock 30SF, that being said there are a bunch of Glock 30S on the marketplace for $650, I might just pick those up instead.
>>
>>29465807
Agreed with this anon, 10mm will be significanly more expensive to shoot and practice than 45, that'll pretty much be your big determination.

Also, can't speak from personal experience, but I have heard that 10mm has a larger muzzle flash, particularly if you're firing at night. Granted that shouldn't make too big a diff, but it is something I've seen come up in 10mm discussions.
>>
>>29466285
Just shoot .40sw for practice in the 29, then load it up with 10mm for carry/hd
>>
>>29466660
This is a good option. As well, as a former owner of a 27 , current owner of a 20 and looking to purchase a 29, for some reason the recoil of 10mm seems much better than .40.
4 more rounds of better performing ammunition seals the deal for me, OP. Then buy on the Internet for your 10mm
>>
>>29465774
For such a dank meme round in a compact polymer frame I would be worried about it glocknading in the far future. I think even current gen 20's still crack and wear prematurely from the 10mm bbc desu action.

If you want something small with a lot of bark a snubby might be a better fit, but at cost of capacity.
>>
>>29465774
I have the 29 and its fucking fantastic. The memes don't lie it'll take down just about anything. Saw it take down a full sized moose in 3 shots. Wasn't dead yet but it wasn't getting back up. 10mm it harder to find but you can buy online in bulk and it'll be about the same price as 45 acp or you can hand reload.
>>
>>29465774
I bough a 30S a little over a year ago. I carry it on a daily basis (cc) and shoot about once a month, I really love the thing, small enough that it doesn't bother me to carry, and big enough that it is still very pleasant to shoot.
>>
>>29465774

I have a Glock 20. I can't speak DIRECTLY about the 29, but the 20 doesn't have excessive recoil. I have a Lone Wolf drop in barrel for .40 S&W (same diameter round, 40 is shorter) and honestly, the recoil on the 10mm isn't really much worse.

I would assume that the 29 would absorb less of it though. As far as practice is concerned, my groupings with 40 and 10mm are pretty much the same. I got the 10mm as a woods gun, in case something larger and angry crossed my path, but I am very happy with the pistol.

Also, I am in CO, so I know the 10 rounds pain anon.
>>
>>29466859
Well luckily for you being retarded isn't illegal. Never mind the 9x25 and .460 conversions people do all the time. Its almost like the pistols are fat as fuck for a reason and youre just talking out of your ass.

Granted glocks idea to make an obese subcompact instead of a 19/23 sized gun will baffle us eternally
>>
>>29466942
29 recoil isn't too bad either. I have a Kel Tec pf9 and that thing kicks more than my 29 does
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.