[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How well does Airsoft simulate real, actual warfare? https:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 14
File: maxresdefault.jpg (201 KB, 1280x793) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
201 KB, 1280x793
How well does Airsoft simulate real, actual warfare?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKXCRjhNhCw
>>
>>29463480
Well, no one actually dies so...
>>
>>29463480

Its the closes you can get to killing someone without FUCKING going to PRISON for LIFE.

You just want to keep shooting and shooting and hurting people, its fucking kick ass
>>
>>29463480
About as well as mario kart simulates the WRC.
>>
Not well unless you go full milsim.

Then just alright. Alright because unless you're gonna somehow acquire 20000 dollus worth of army grade milsim stuff it's the best you can get I suppose.
>>
I don't understand all of the hate airsoft gets on 4chan.

It's a pretty fun sport.
>>
>>29463480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WUzg2tJJeI

If only the blank firing guns fired BB pellets.
>>
>>29463531
Its not that we hate the game, just the people who participate are some of the most insufferable, cringeworthy faggots you will ever meet.
>>
>>29463480
It's great in close quarters. A lot of the gaming type problems are tiny at really close range. However, field play is really only good for general maneuvers. The sneaking skills are there, but once BBs start flying it gets pretty silly.
>>
>>29463551
I suppose you've never been to ARG?
>>
>>29463578
Good god no.
At least there is a bit of anonymity here though, and also a button to hide threads.
>>
You seem to be on the wrong fucking board, you airsoftfags seem to do that every few weeks, go to /asp/ or /toy/
>>
File: breaking-news (3).png (257 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
breaking-news (3).png
257 KB, 640x360
>>29463578
HE'S HEATING UP!

>>29463480
Not well at all. In fact, the opposite of well. Being able to replicate entries looks cool on camera but there's a reason people who are increasingly good in combat go through Basic or Boot, AIT and potentially years more worth of A&S and advanced training pipelines. Imitation is just that.

That's discounting the entire terrifying environment change and overwhelming fear involved in the real thing.
>>
>>29463589
>Good god no.
>At least there is a bit of anonymity here though,
I suppose you've never been to ARG?
>>
>>29463480
The importance of speed and positioning are there.

It's missing the death, grievous bodily harm, and noise.

2/5, literally.
>>
File: baitbait.jpg (15 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
baitbait.jpg
15 KB, 249x250
>>29463500
>>
>>29463531

>airsoft
>sport

pick one.
>>
File: Forrest-gump.jpg (276 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Forrest-gump.jpg
276 KB, 1920x1080
>>29463531
>sport
>>
File: 1458422946283.jpg (39 KB, 490x653) Image search: [Google]
1458422946283.jpg
39 KB, 490x653
its funny that /k/ommandos think they are different to airsofters, only difference is the guns. GEAR THEAD GUYS LOOK AT MY 500 DOLLAR PANTS I BOUGHT TO SHOW OFF AT THE RANGE
>>
>>29465410
>>29465422
>Airsoft is not an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

I'm wondering which part of that definition in particular you think it fails. That airsofters do it by glaring at eachother from chairs and thus use no physical effort? That it's a cooperative venture and not competition? That it's done as life or death bloodsport and not entertainment?

Seems like you may have a critical misunderstanding of how it is played.
>>
>airsoft isn't a sport
>but golf, baton twirling, polo, fishing, card games, and fucking walking are
>>
>>29463480
needs tanks
>>
>>29463531
I hate that you faggots keep posting on the wrong board.it has been decided it already that it belongs in /toy/ or /asp/
>>
>>29465468

airsoft is cosplay. Cosplay isn't a fucking sport. Plinking at each other with plastic pellets doesn't make it competetive. It's essentially "no, you!" given form.

>>29465471
you forgot curling.
>>
>>29463531
Airsoft is great fun if you treat it as the equivalent of 'tag' for adults or something along those lines.

If you play airsoft thinking you're basically a navy seal and your mad airsoft skills equate to actual operating then you're a massive pretentious faggot.
>>
>>29463480
Wrong board.
/k/ is not for airsoft.
>>
>>29463480

Comparing those two is like comparing freestyle rock-climbing to climbing at a gym climbing wall while clipped in.

You're using the same technical skills on some level, but in the real world while freestyling you have 0 room for fuckups and require total concentration, and once you're in the middle of it you can't back out just because it gets tough, you gotta go all the way.

At the gym you have minimal chance of injury never-mind death, and you only have to pay as much attention as you want to and you can stop at any time.
>>
>>29463480
Better than Call of Duty.

>>29463531
The people.
>>
>>29463480
It's fun, but it's just close quarters light infantry fighting, with no real stress. It's just a game.
>>
>>29463480
>How well does Airsoft simulate real, actual warfare?

Have you ever masturbated in a guard tower while taking sniper and mortar fire while playing airsoft?
>>
>>29463551
>Its not that we hate the game, just the people who participate are some of the most insufferable, cringeworthy faggots you will ever meet.
Literally the crossfitters of the gun world.
>>
>>29465001

There has to be more factors than that. By those standards, a video game - even a decent milsim like ArmA - would also be 2/5, and it seems a bit generous to suggest that a video game is equally as authentic as the experience of airsoft or paintball where you at least have to consider your physical condition, peripheral vision, reliability of equipmentñ etc
>>
>>29465685
>>29465685
What's wrong with crossfit? Not being hostile, I've never done it myself, just wondering why people shame it so much. I drove past some people doing it, looked a little odd but seemed okay.
>>
>>29465781

shit form, shit recovery, shit marketing.
>>
Its pretty fun as long as you're not autistic about it, gear queer fags are always the worst players though, its quite funny being an actual soldier and seeing autist 23 year olds in head to toe multicam or DPM and lazors!!!! All over their guns spouting the phonetic alphabet and made up grid coordinates in thee middle of the game

True patrician airsofters go in hoodies and jeans
>>
>>29465781
>What's wrong with crossfit?
Nothing. It's the people who do crossfit that suck.
>>
>>29465781
Olympic lifts are meant to be done with very close attention to proper form and only for as many reps as one can maintain proper form. A lot of crossfit workouts are literally doing as many reps of heavy (for beginners) Olympic lifts as you can in a given amount of time. They also genuinely consider kipping pull-ups to be a legitimate exercise.
>>
>>29466029
Kipping pullups are legitimate, they are for a different set of muscle groups than actual chinups. They are more akin to row lifts than lat lifts. Also they shouldn't be done by beginners, in that regard crossfit is retarded.
>>
Hiya anon. I've never done airsoft. But, if its anything like real life then Im pretty sure you are all familiar with hearing angry drugged up retards hollering aloha snackbar and hosing your proximity with rounds from the soviet era and you too stressed out to shit your pants.

Also, thanking your OIC for making sure you were issued a side arm along with your m4 because "we're just gonna do clerk duties at the FOB but you never know".
>>
>>29463531
Its ok, but the threads are meant to go on the sports board (alternative sports?) And if you think your airsoft skills would matter in a real life combat scenario then youre gay
>>
>>29463480
You are on the wrong board, >>>/asp/ has a few airsoft threads running

>>>/asp/ is the place for all air soft discussion
>>
One of the most manchildiest hobby there is
>>
Saged

Airsoft is for physcially inept preteens that want to love out their video games in real life. The problem isn't with that, though. These little shits have their moms buy some pot metal gun for them and then they magically become experts on anything relating to guns and the military despite having, at the most, an extremely basic understanding of either subject (this ties back to video games). I'm sure it's fun if you don't take it seriously but practically every player takes themselves seriously, which is why you have middle schoolers and JROTC faggots buying CRYE pants and anything else that's multicam or AOR1. It's LARPing for tryhards
>>
>>29465450
Gear/camo are containment threads though.
>>
>>29465599
kek you retard they just tell you to go to here
>>
>>29463531
because it's lame as fuck compared to the real deal (actual weapons)
>>
>>29465614
Yes it is /k/
>>
>>29463551
In the states maybe. In Europe its fine on average.
>>
File: markorepairs.jpg (125 KB, 700x480) Image search: [Google]
markorepairs.jpg
125 KB, 700x480
>>29465450
>only difference is the guns.
That's a pretty damm relevant difference, since this board is for the discussion of weapons, not plastic toys.
You can't really trivialize this difference. It's the main reason airsoft doesn't belong on /k/.
>>
>ITT: people hate fun
>>
It's because it's the antithesis of /k, they're out getting to actually use their gear while retards in here will never get the actual use oUT off their own autistic purchases.
>>
File: check that flight plan.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
check that flight plan.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>29466444
trips confirm airsoft belongs on /k/
>>
File: well memed.jpg (146 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
well memed.jpg
146 KB, 803x688
>hey /k/ I know you hate airsoft with a burning passion but hol up and let me tell you about airsoft
>>
It isn't
>/k/ - operating operationally

It's
>/k/ - weapons

Airsoft guns aren't weapons. They're toys that are used to play the alternative sport* of airsoft. As such, topics regarding airsoft belong on /asp/. Don't send them to /toy/; they get as pissed as we do.

*it's not actually a sport, but saying otherwise triggers airsofters
>>
>>29463531
>sport

because its the fucking retards you guys are
>>
>>29466492
No it doesn't. Shut up idiots. Git out.
>>
>>29467002
you don't have digits, your opinion is worthless
>>
>>29465604
>literally rewriting the definition of sport to suit your own autism
10/10
>>
>>29467494

top kek lad.

Go play with your plastic balls. Still not a sport.
>>
File: 1456865915448.gif (156 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1456865915448.gif
156 KB, 480x270
>>29467654
Sport(UK) orsports(US) are all forms of usuallycompetitivephysical activityorgameswhich,[1]through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases,entertainmentfor spectators.[2]Usually the contest or game is between two sides, each attempting to exceed the other.

Have you ever been such a deluded faggot you literally changed and/or ignored the definition of a word to suit your own delusions?
>>
>>29465781
It's a fantastic way of fucking yourself up. Not only does it literally take 2 hours to get your crossfit cert, meaning just about any and everyone is "qualified" to "teach" it, but it there is no adherence to proper form. When you have lifting beginners doing difficult and complex Olympic style lifts, and no one is correcting their form... it gets dangerous.

Added to which it has a weird cult-like aspect to it. A CrossFitter will not be able to contain themselves, they HAVE to tell you they do crossfit and why it's the most amazing thing ever that you HAVE to do as well. And the weird chanting, clapping, and cheering that goes on... Eugh
>>
>>29468099
>tfw you don't know what crossfit is
>>
File: kek.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
282 KB, 1920x1200
>>29468023

>cosplay
>no, really guys, it's a sport, I swear

kek.
>>
>>29468106
But I do..?

>>29468367
Except they do more than dress up...
(not him)
>>
>>29468501

yeah, they also play pretend and insist it's a sport, because of the athletic feats performed, like "running 10 yards and not dying of asthma".
>>
>>29468551
tbf this whole "is it a sport or not" thing is going to lead us down a giant rabbit hole, lets not forget that chess and table tennis are 'sports'

I used to play the damn thing and I honestly don't care, idk why I was defending it.
>>
>>29468593

well, chess has a clear, universal, and internationally realised set of rules. Airsoft is just playing pretend.

Hell, American Gladiators was more of a sport than this. But it's kinda fun to see those nerds boiling up; much like saying techno is a music that requires skill and talent.
>>
>>29468664

>realised

meant "recognised", dunno what happened there.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.