[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Left handed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
As a left handed 23 year old who is about to join the army , do i have a chance?
>>
Just shoot left d'oh. There may be instances that they don't give a LMG or marksman rifle to you because that's reserved for people with right ergos.
>>
>>29462501
Literally doesn't matter for anything except rocket launchers.
>>
>>29462516
>>29462527
What about the shells leaving the weapon ?
>>
What if i'm a lefty but cross eye dominant? Fucked I bet...
>>
>>29462501
You are good! I love me some lefties for room clearing, you get to slice the pie and be pointman on the lefty angles.

So long as you are not left-handed and right-eye dominate. If that's the case you will forever suck at shooting forever and nobody will want you on their fireteam. You should stay a civilian and stick to shotguns if that's the case.
>>
>>29462516
MFW I'm a southpaw and I have shot LMGs, marksman rifles, and have fired an RPG7 (iron sights) all left handed with 0 issues.
>>
>>29462534
Fucked, dude. You will never shoot well, but you might shoot okay enough to get pencil-whipped through a short stint in the military.

Maybe try Navy or Airforce or some other 'armed services' that doesn't actually involve firearms.
>>
File: AstinNope.gif (2 MB, 286x237) Image search: [Google]
AstinNope.gif
2 MB, 286x237
>>29462545
>So long as you are not left-handed and right-eye dominate. If that's the case you will forever suck at shooting forever and nobody will want you on their fireteam. You should stay a civilian and stick to shotguns if that's the case.

not op but brb killing myself

life is cruel
>>
>>29462556
Not that it is impossible but we were told that right handed and right eye dominant people were regarded as better candidates for marksman and sniper roles.
>>
File: PROB2[1].jpg (161 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
PROB2[1].jpg
161 KB, 1024x768
>>29462533
That's why we have this bump senpai. even though I never had issues with my A1 uppered sp1

The only time being southpaw sucks is when your shooting a bullpup like the tavor or the AUG.
>>
>>29462545
>So long as you are not left-handed and right-eye dominate.
Why it's not the same ol' switcharoo as with right handed and left eyed?
Are you implying that lefties can't adapt and lack motoric skills? Coz it's true lel, righties are better pretending to be lefties than lefties pretending to be righties.
>>
>>29462533
AR's have a brass deflector.
m240's may eject hot brass on your forearm.
>>
>>29462501
>seal in picture is literally a leftie
Or do all CQB-masters train with both so they can switch around for better cornering?
>>
>>29462606
If you aren't using them correctly, sure.

SAWs will fuck you up, now that I think about it...
>>
>>29462620
Train with both so you can use cover efficiently.
>>
Depends on which force. I'm in CAF BMOQ right now, and there's no problem at all. Now I'm left-eye and left-hand dominant so it's a bit easier, but in the end you learn to shoot with your dominant eye, end of story. Think about all the things that we learn to do - use a keyboard and mouse, play a guitar, use a sword, whatever - and you'll notice that usually, it's not the side dominance that determines proficiency: it's the side that gets the most training, and gets it first. With shooting, it's the eye dominance that's key and not the hand. Train for the dominant eye, if not for ambidextrous use (which after basic training should be your goal anyway).
>>
File: 1458605053915.jpg (191 KB, 1261x1084) Image search: [Google]
1458605053915.jpg
191 KB, 1261x1084
>>29462564
Thanks for the honesty, anon. I'm actually graduating and trying to be a LEO in a major city, I'm testing next week. Since that's the case my shooting doesn't have to be all that great, if I get hired in NYC, it can be almost non existent(12lb triggers here I come).
>>
But it's not that hard to become ambidextrous with guns, what the fuck is the problem?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.