[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i git gud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 29
File: chick lean.jpg (141 KB, 523x785) Image search: [Google]
chick lean.jpg
141 KB, 523x785
how do i git gud
>>
>>29461926
practice
>>
>>29461926
This isn't real marksmanship.
>>
>>29461926

Now i'm no expert but those feet are too far apart. Not very attractive gal either. I think biathlon is a better test because you have to shoot quickly while exhausted.
>>
>>29461967
how come
>>
>>29461926
Practice
>>
File: Neckbeards.png (127 KB, 345x337) Image search: [Google]
Neckbeards.png
127 KB, 345x337
>>29461988
>>
>>29461967
Sure it is.
It's just not real world marksmanship.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-01-20-21-35.png (152 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-01-20-21-35.png
152 KB, 1280x720
>>29462101

I laughed for 5 min
>>
>>29461958
Wrong. Practice doesn't make perfect. At best, it makes consistent.

Perfect practice makes perfect.

Have someone that knows how to shoot watch you shoot, make sure you're not being a tard and doing something that fucks up your shot.
>>
>>29461967
sorry anon I have to do this

kill yourself
>>
>>29461989
they use .22 rifles specially designed for accuracy, so their shooting form is all sorts of fucked up

they all have bitch lean and their form is essentially a parody of how an actual marksman uses a gun
>>
>you will never ejaculate inside an olympic competitor at each of her shooting stations

would bring a whole new dynamic to the games
>>
>>29461958
you should first know how it's done right in theory. ranges are full of people who don't know what they're doing.
>>
File: w000_4514.jpg (158 KB, 1200x788) Image search: [Google]
w000_4514.jpg
158 KB, 1200x788
>>29464703
>they use .22 rifles specially designed for accuracy, so their shooting form is all sorts of fucked up

Their specially designed rifles make them use them entirely wrong?
Their special slings give them cheatmode advantages?

You're a fucking idiot.

>they all have bitch lean and their form is essentially a parody of how an actual marksman uses a gun

It's a sport. They do whatever they need to get an advantage within the sport's rules. Their stance is perfect for that purpose.

They'd also wipe the floor with you in a direct confrontation, mr big shot.
>>
Oh look, it is this thread again. Filthy neckbeards think they can compete with fit people who actually do alot of training in an olympic sport and think they can beat them by sitting behind their computers. Hahahahaha.
>>
>>29464703

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. That isn't chick lean, if you rest the elbow of your supporting arm on your hip bone it will help you to hold your rifle steady.

It's not tactical and you look like a retard, but if your a "real marksman" and your focus is putting bullets in bullseyes while standing, it works.
>>
>>29464869

it even used to be standard technique in militaries for distance shots from a standing position.
>>
>>29464797
>They'd also wipe the floor with you in a direct confrontation, mr big shot.
yeah with a .22

oh no! I'll be sure to keep a few band aids handy.

When the olympics have sports performed, we see actual sports performed.

They just shoot pellet guns and twist their bodies up in every bad angle. Give them a higher caliber rifle and see how effective they are
>>
>>29464877
Yeah I've seen that done with black powder rifles, even in some fairly hot loadings. Probably also helps mitigate fatigue.
>>
>>29464709
>you will never time freeze and fuck qt olympic shooters in different positions and feel their heartbeat
>you will never fuck them as if you're not there while they're still shooting
>>
>>29464703
>they all have bitch lean and their form is essentially a parody of how an actual marksman uses a gun
This is actually exactly how an actual marksman "uses a gun." This is how I know you're just spouting off randomly based on pictures you've seen on the internet. Literally that is the EXACT shooting position used by actual marksmen in the standing position...you jackass. Your first point isn't even worth addressing.

And if they were using a higher caliber rifle they'd still be firing it the same way, and it would still make no difference. Caliber has NEVER modified the fundamentals of marksmanship pleb
>>
>>29464906
>>29464916
These
This Is common practice for a reason, same reason shooting while kneeling you make muscle to bone contact to bare the weight of your firearm.
>>
>>29464925
Holy shit that's actually my first name.
>>
>>29464797
whats with the shoes
>>
>>29464965
Biathlon. It's like, you ski (skate in this case) and then shoot. Move from firing line to firing line.
>>
>>29464928
I saw my last name pop up. Spooked the shit out of me
>>
>>29461926
>dat flat belly
>>
>>29461988

She's obviously training or competing in a summer biathlon, which is why she's wearing running shoes and very little else, her gun has a harness and she's standing on rubberized asphalt
>>
>>29464925

b..but if you are not squared up with your target then your body armor is not protecting you well and if you do not lean forward while using the thumb over bore grip you will not be able to make fast follow up shots senpai.
>>
>>29465029

Don't forget that her chicken wing is going to flag her as she pies corners, and probably get shot off.
>>
>>29465049
and she's not even carrying a secondary!
>>
>>29464869
>if you rest the elbow of your supporting arm on your hip bone it will help you to hold your rifle steady.
>>29464877
>it even used to be standard technique in militaries for distance shots from a standing position.
Current standard technique (for controlled rifle qual type range shooting) is to rest your elbow on your mag pouches. If you're hitting black, nobody gives a shit how stupid you look.
>>
>>29465029
Im actually going through a course taught by the US Army marksmanship team (planning on posting a thread later about it when I have more pics) and we had this conversation yesterday.
Your shooting position has to be:
Comfortable
Effective
Repeatable

If it doesnt have any one of those three things its wrong.
The anon saying "chick lean" is just fucking wrong. She has created stable platform to shoot from, 22 or 50bmg that shot is going to be on target. A lot of "this is how you shoot" is bullshit the military parrots becaise it likes to have gradable performance steps to "fix."
>>
File: 1409302532646.jpg (167 KB, 382x480) Image search: [Google]
1409302532646.jpg
167 KB, 382x480
Will people ever stop bitching about this stance being "wrong"? When shooting at a stationary tartget with no risk of anything shooting back it's a good stance.

People are too eager to show off their "knowledge" so they'll rip on it because they don't know shit.
>>
File: biathlon-1.jpg (21 KB, 200x327) Image search: [Google]
biathlon-1.jpg
21 KB, 200x327
They need to ditch the retardopants firearms regulations and go back to the nation's issued rifle.
>>
>>29461926

Women have a natural advantage, being shorter, and wider at the hips makes their frames an inherently more stable platform. YMMV of course.

Phelps' feet are farther apart than you typically see. I'm sure this is for a stability reason. It works well for her.

She has at least one of her knees locked, and her left elbow pressed hard against her hip bone forming a triangle. This gives her a huge amount of stability. I mean, just look at her. It's as if she was coached by an engineer.

You don't have to do that to be accurate though.

I'm a better standing shot than anyone I personally know, and I'm neither female nor do I hip my elbow or have a stance anything like hers, but I do lock my knees. I shoot primarily handguns.

But most importantly I focus my mind. Ever since learning Chi Kung, I've had the ability to call upon extremely good good mental focus. I recommend it. I hope to learn something intuitively new about my mind/body every time I go shooting. Great accuracy is for me, partly a result of that effort.

Bench rest shooting and especially long range shooting (which I don't do much of) gets way more technical, even requiring a grasp of some math involved, so it's heavy on technique, but with every kind of shooting mental focus will still matter. At shorter rifle distances (50-200 yds) you'll still need basic rifle technique which you can glean from books, and to some extent through dry firing practice in your house.

There's no substitute for range time, taking note of what you did, what worked and didn't work for you.

If you have a rifle with a bipod, mount the bipod so the legs fold forward so when you're shooting it with the legs down, you can lean into the gun and lock the bipod legs a bit, adding stability.

Most bench rest shooters I know that are any good watch their breathing and shoot at a certain point between breaths.

I've read that some long range shooters watch their pulse, but I don't personally know anybody like that.
>>
>>29465213
would be cool as separate sport.
nut dont ruin muh biathlon. with 22 they can shoot in the arena, where most ofthe crowd is at, back in the day, they just went to a range in rthe middle of nowhere far away from where the specttors were. boring as fuck to watch.

its more fun to do biathlon with proper rifles though. the range i uses have ski tracks passing right next to it, so one time we brought our skis and made a lap between each 10 shot series, everyone was using old military mausers.
it was fun as fuck
>>
>>29464797

They don't train for combat dumbass.
>>
>>29465213
Retarded idea.
>>
>>29465213
Can't do that these days because most nations just wouldn't allow it, sadly
>>
>>29465418
Can't do that because it doesn't work, unless you happen to be fucking around on your own on a ski slope.
>>
>>29465258
>They don't train for combat dumbass

Muh fantasy SHTF scenario

Kill yourself
>>
He has a point. That position makes it impossible to hit a moving target effectively.
>>
>>29465474
Good thing they're not shooting at moving targets then.
>>
>>29465258

neither do you
>>
>>29462183
>5 mins
>trying to hide your crippling depression
>>
learn of somebody very good
practice this a lot
have someday even better teach and critique your capabilities
practice some more
repeat, repeat, repeat
>>
File: 1444975094508.png (404 KB, 436x441) Image search: [Google]
1444975094508.png
404 KB, 436x441
>>29464910
>tfw I'll never inject performance enhancing drugs into her glutes after a sex romp.

Fuckin' hurts brah.
>>
>>29465242
>I've read that some long range shooters watch their pulse, but I don't personally know anybody like that.
Firing position comes down to mechanics. You get your skeletal platform in position to support the rifle without having to muscle it. Not your entire body is a bipod.
THEN you focus on breathing, slowing it and only creeping the trigger back during the natural pause at the deepest part of a relaxed exhale.
THEN you will notice that, no shit, your pulse is still making the sights go bump, bump, bump, even when the above factors are in place. That's where watching a pulse comes in. The solution is to creep the trigger back when the sights are low in the bump, same principle as breathing. It's more consistent than waiting for your pulse to raise the sights, as it always lowers to the same point but raises in variation. Again, like breathing.
>>
>>29465474
I have a good point to add to that, which you may have already thought of.

Since combat is a 360 sphere, shooters who practice shooting horizontally to the ground are actually decreasing their survivability in combat. A proper combat shooting position includes 360 degree spherical coverage in all directions at once. All the shooters in this thread would die instantly in combat.
>>
>>29461926
Same way you get to Carnagie Hall.

Practice, practice, practice.
>>
File: 1456519024983.png (8 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
1456519024983.png
8 KB, 469x463
>>29465962
Tell us more wise one. Let us learn your ways.
>>
File: Dindu_Nuthin.jpg (32 KB, 657x370) Image search: [Google]
Dindu_Nuthin.jpg
32 KB, 657x370
>>29465074
>If you're hitting black, nobody gives a shit how stupid you look.

Mien Negro.
>>
>>29465971
Ever heard of the 'death blossom?'
>>
>>29465251
That sounds awesome, jelly af desu senpai
>>
>>29465474

Horseshit. Old crusty hunters have taken more running game from the bone-on-bone position than you or I ever will.

These competitors do a 150m loop before having to hit 5" targets from offhand, all while their heart rate and breathing are fucked.

9/10. Would offer a cup of coffee and strongly consider learning Norwegian.
>>
>>29466375
Hunters don't take that position
>>
File: Offhand-1024x667.png (909 KB, 1024x667) Image search: [Google]
Offhand-1024x667.png
909 KB, 1024x667
>>29466380
>>
>>29466400
A picture of a target shooter showing different shooting positions helps your argument how?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>29466380

Granted, it has fallen out of favor. Hence crusty old hunters.
>>
>>29466420
>posing for photos is totally hunting!
>>
>>29466416
>>29466440

Slow Saturday around your parts today?
>>
File: 1443594360206.png (21 KB, 352x482) Image search: [Google]
1443594360206.png
21 KB, 352x482
>>29461926
Sorry OP, Your thread is full of retards.
Comp Shotter here, Ask away.
>>
>>29466464
how many dicks do you suck per night
>>
>>29466464
Have you ever shit the bed then blamed it on your partner?
>>
File: frenchspecialforces.jpg (71 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
frenchspecialforces.jpg
71 KB, 580x386
>>29465444
>>29465258
>>29464797
>>29464879

All of the sport's deviation from reality aside, I assume most of these shooters would take well to being trained with more lethal firearms. Sure their shooting isn't comparable to "real" shooting or combat, but I'd imagine they have a shooting foundation that would translate to larger calibers.
>>
>>29461967

Go fuck yourself Stuart.
>>
>>29466464

Have you ever given someone a blowjob while they are driving?
>>
>>29466464
How often are your bowel movements hard and how often are they soft?
>>
File: gitgood.jpg (193 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
gitgood.jpg
193 KB, 960x720
>>29466574
This. I'm a biathlete. First time I tried to shoot a center fire rifle. I tried to shoot it like a biathlon rifle and it beat the shit out of me. Once I learned how to properly shoot a center fire rifle, I was able to transfer a lot of the techniques I learned in biathlon over to it. And I can now out shoot almost everyone I know in non-biathlon style shooting.

Pic related. 10 shot group at 50 meters with my biathlon rifle. Dime is Canadian but same size as meribro money.
>>
Why is Estonia so perfect?
>>
>>29467548
Mirin shot group hard brah...

Are all the women who compete qt af or just the Scandis?
>>
>>29467548
Bretty sexy desu
>>
>>29467941
Most of them are pretty alright. They're all in shape which boosts attractiveness significantly, at least in my books. Surprisingly the Scandis aren't that great. I was really disappointed by the Norwegian girls at World Juniors. A couple of the swedes were cute, and Finland was mostly meh. A lot of the eastern European girls are fucking stunners though. Czech Republic for best looking girls. France too.
>>
>>29466464
comp shooting looks pretty fun, how'd you get into it? and how would one do the same
>>
>>29467870
Well, it's literally permeated with fibre
>>
>>29461988
I would like to be so far up her you don't even know.

Generally, girls with guns is just unattractive dumb trash. Actual athletes like this one are a whole different story, do want.
>>
>>29466380
I do sometimes when I'm small game hunting. Particularly for hares at certain times of the year.
>>
File: dune.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dune.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1080
>>29468035

Well....have disposable income and be athletically inclined.

Also - 90% of /k/ is fucked. Biathalon is no place for manlets with guts, receding hairlines, and fixed benefits income.

Nuggets and your Mom's Sonic rollerskates from 1985 aren't going to cut it, equipment-wise.
>>
>>29466380

Ah, a non gun owner from NJ, clearly.

Hunters in Texas and Colorado are taught this for plains shooting.
>>
>>29466375
>150 m loop.
No, we do a 150m loop for every shot we miss. Try a 2.5 km loop before coming into the range. Often longer.
>>
>>29468293
figured those points were more obvious, im mostly just interested at the prospect of cross country athletics and then having to stop and perform a finesse driven activity.
but on the topic of biatholons do you actually do the land skis? I'd honestly be more comfortable with running or biking instead if thats actually a thing.

meant to ask did you just one day look for biatholons going on, buy thousands of dollars of equipment, train up yourself,, and enter a local race? or was there more to it
>>
>>29468377
Not him, but if you can find a range near you, get in contact with one of the clubs that trains there. They can probably get you pointed in the right direction of a program that's right for you. It depends on how old you are. It can be really hard to get into it if you start from square one in your 20's because the field is really competitive with a bunch of kids who are seriously competing for the national team. If you just want to do it for fun, then of course that's fine, just expect to get your ass kicked. If you're older and want to just do it more recreationaly most clubs have programs for people over 30 who just want to do something for exercise.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I just want you to know that this sport is not for the faint of heart. And if you want to do it competitively, you're going to need to devote a lot of time to it.
Good luck!

Just a fair warning, most biathletes have fudd-tier views on gun ownership.
>>
>>29468455
yeah im not expecting to win any titles, some structured and dedicated exercise combined with sharpshooting practice was my interest. Cross country folks always made good bros too, when I did that a few years ago.

>Just a fair warning, most biathletes have fudd-tier views on gun ownership.
I figured as much. I suppose i'd wait until after the days training to bring out the actual funs then.
>>
>>29468610
Where do you live? There's some really good programs in Maine, New York, and Vermont that I know of. Pretty sure there's some decent competition in Colorado as well. Look into it!
>>
>>29464703
>they use .22 rifles specially designed for accuracy, so their shooting form is all sorts of fucked up

So using skeletal support instead of muscular control is "fucked up"?

No
>>
>>29464879
>Give them a higher caliber rifle and see how effective they are

The vast majority of recoil happens after the bullet has left the barrel. These stances are designed for long range shooting where precision takes precedence over control and follow-up shots. It works great with full power rifles, how do you think they shot rifles when battle-effective calibers were used in the olympics?
>>
>>29465029
That's for close and midrange engagements

You don't need armor as much as precision at long ranges. Also thumb over bore is very tiring and unstable because you are muscling the gun instead of supporting it with your skeleton. When you need to control recoil magdumping someone, then you TOB.

Also tight pants tight groupings
>>
>>29465049
>slicing the pie with olympian stance

Surely you jest
>>
>>29468730
>semi-autos became mainstream in the 50's
>european civilian disarmarment was going strong well before the 50's
>how do you think they shot rifles when battle-effective calibers were used in the olympics?
That's a good question. Considering shooting events have been cucked to death over the past 100 years, I would assume they shot them like normal rifles instead of pretending with airsoft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_at_the_1900_Summer_Olympics_–_Men%27s_300_metre_free_rifle,_standing
>Standing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_at_the_1900_Summer_Olympics_–_Men%27s_300_metre_free_rifle,_kneeling
>Kneeling
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_at_the_1900_Summer_Olympics_–_Men%27s_300_metre_free_rifle,_prone
>Prone

Look at the neato shit they cucked out of the olympics because europeans are faggots
>25m military pistol
Each shooter was required to use his nation's official military pistol.
>300m free rifle, three positions
>Free rifle, free position
This is where the eurocucks should be tolerated.
>20m dueling pistol
>30m dueling pistol
FUCKING DUELING PISTOLS
>1000yd free rifle
>military rifle, team
Each shooter was required to use his nation's official military rifle.
>50 yard free pistol
>>
>>29464703
youre an idiot. the stance they use is the most stable one. they arent shooting for their lives, so they dont have to be in positions that require rapid movement and ducking behind cover. dipshit
>>
>>29467548
>50 feet

fixed that typo for you
>>
If everyone had freedom we would have olympics organized into the following blocks of categories:

Production (its an actual gun that can be purchased and has been produced within the past 10 years in quantities greater than 10,000)
Military Standard (current standard issue)
Military Free (any official weapon from any time)
Custom/Free (whatever you want)

Rifle (gun gets shouldered)
Pistol (gun doesn't get shouldered)
Shotgun (shoots shot)
Smoothbore (isn't rifled)
Anti-material
Free/other

single shot
double shot
bolt action
semi-automatic
automatic
select fire
black powder

And each combination is allowed to compete in each event.
So far thats 171 possibilities for a couple dozen events... This is going places.....

>tl;dr what if we made it so that the olympics had more than airsoft and biathalon?
>>
>>29469480
no, meters. That's the standard distance in biathlon. With a several thousand dollar rifle, good ammo, and 10's of thousands of rounds of both dry and live fire, a group like that is achievable, not easy but achievable. I've only done that once, but slightly larger dime-sized groups are pretty common for me. Of course this is when I'm shooting while relaxed, when I'm training under a high heart rate, my groups are generally within the 9-8 ring while shooting prone.
>>
>>29469480

> Guy claims he's a biathelete
> The sport where they shoot at 50 meters

Envy just looks terrible on you, anon.
>>
>>29469480

>50 feet
>fixed that typo for you

>164.042 Feet.

Fixed your math and grammatical error you uneducated cretin.
>>
>>29461988
For that kind of shooting the rear foot doesn't matter as much as the angle of the fore foot.
>>
File: Washington_DC_Girls'_Rifle_Team.jpg (408 KB, 863x707) Image search: [Google]
Washington_DC_Girls'_Rifle_Team.jpg
408 KB, 863x707
>>29469373
>I would assume they shot them like normal rifles instead of pretending with airsoft.

Every old rifle competition photo I can find in the past 5 minutes is girl's highschool. But here's the same stance.
>>
>>29470327

2nd from the right, 6/10, wouldn't marry, but would partner with for bootlegging runs.
>>
>>29470327
>bitch lean
>shit welds
>posing
You have certainly convinced me that this was considered proper at the time
>>
>>29469373
>>29469581
these sound cool as fuck.
though I guess having the athletes with live weapons at one of the most tenuous international events is a bit frightening.

but fuck if the 1000 meter sniper shot and the "Killing House obstacle course relay" dont sound like exactly what the olympics need.
>>
>>29464797
what is this retardation
>>
>>29464797
>It's a sport.
shooting is a sport, this is a bastardized version that only exists so europeans can play.

>They do whatever they need to get an advantage within the sport's rules. Their stance is perfect for that purpose.
So? Just because something is allowed doesn't mean its in line with the spirit of the game.

Yes, the lad who has only ever shot .22 short and airguns can certainly best me with 308 without changing his form at all or any practice.
>>
>>29468293
Receding hairlines don't affect athleticism.
>>
>>29461967
I agree. Real marksmanship involves shooting real cartridges and not this bullshit squirrel plinker round.
>>
File: 1401768971214.webm (978 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1401768971214.webm
978 KB, 1920x1080
Quick reminder that IPSC and 3-gun are the last remaining bastions of the shooting sports.

Shooting can be both a martial art and a sport.
There's literally no reason other than faggotry why you'd choose to remove all practicality from it.

It's like saying you want to learn how to swordfight and then taking up Olympic fencing.
>>
>>29472032
Actually, sport fencing helped a lot when I transferred into smallsword and longsword 'hema', especially in regards to footwork, which I was just better at than most people by virtue of having done olympic fencing. Knowing the basics of guard positions helps too.

Choke on a dick, or change metaphors to one that actually makes sense.
>>
>>29469581

>anti material

Can I use a Carl Gustav?
>>
>>29472201
In free/other of the 2nd block of catagories

free/other is for shit that doesn't fit traditional small arms. So rockets/rocket ammo, duplex, airguns, etc.
>>
File: 1455991209140.png (331 KB, 635x457) Image search: [Google]
1455991209140.png
331 KB, 635x457
>>29472201
>>29472800
>you will never see people compete in the 800 meter rocket launcher shoot and scoot

now I am depressed for the olympics
>>
>>29471406
ok
>>
>>29471651
>shooting is a sport, this is a bastardized version that only exists so europeans can play.

What's wrong with it other than not being able to punch out long ranges?

>So? Just because something is allowed doesn't mean its in line with the spirit of the game.

Proof of the contrary? The spirit of the game is marksmanship fundamentals. Those are still just as important. The only shit I have a problem with is the supported shooting with the straight jackets and stands, the equipment is really doing like half the work there, blurring the line between the best and the rest.
>>
>>29472032
>"This is the magwell... Stick it in my ass then say my name asshole."
literally what she says
>>
>>29471651
>Biathlon is not a sport

Wut? Biathlon is even included in the Olympic Games. Even if you are saying that the shooting here could be consider a sport you what about the cross country aspect.?
>>
>>29465058
Nor a tac light, let alone a multitool plus a $400 knife. It's like she's a casualty waiting to happen.
>>
File: packers-fan.jpg (48 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
packers-fan.jpg
48 KB, 500x281
>>29465251
Sports should be about the competition, not selling products to fat-ass spectators.
>>
File: garand3_s.jpg (130 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
garand3_s.jpg
130 KB, 400x268
>>29471651
>Yes, the lad who has only ever shot .22 short and airguns can certainly best me with 308 without changing his form at all or any practice.

A woman can shoot 30-06 in this stance

Kill yourself
>>
>>29473358
>target ammo

Don't confuse 30-06 with heavy grain hunting ammo in a 30-06
>>
>>29461988
You're gay.
>>
File: morans.jpg (31 KB, 360x367) Image search: [Google]
morans.jpg
31 KB, 360x367
>>29464703

get a brain moran

you use the hip to support your elbow you twat
>>
>>29465258
There's other kinds of competitive shooting besides combat, dumbass.
>>
>>29472032

>dat bra outline
hhhhhhnnnnnggggg
>>
>>29473374

> 150gr @ 2800 J
vs
> 180gr @ 3000 J

The Garand is a 10lbs rifle, correct. I think she can manage.
>>
>>29465474
And you would be wrong. You can easily cover around 30 degrees of arc with that position. It's eccentric toward your strong side by about 10 degrees, and you can't kneelock if you're leading, but you can still maintain your hip weld.
>>
>>29466574
Any form, type, style, kind, or way of shooting that involves gunpowder propelling a bullet out of a firearm is "real" shooting.

Punching paper at the range, plinking, trap, skeet, 3 gun, benchrest, varminting, trophy hunting, fowling, tactipracticing, silhouette, or lighting matches in your back yard at 25 yards with a .44-
It's
All
Fucking
Real
Shooting.

This divisive elitist bullshit is why the antis are going to eventually win. We're so busy fighting each other that we can't see the real enemy coming at us.
>>
>>29464869

>a "real marksman" and your focus is putting bullets in bullseyes while standing, it works

>real marksman
>shooting standing out in the open

I think the term you're looking for is sport shooter.
>>
>>29473978
>marksman, or sharpshooter, is a person who is skilled in precision shooting, using projectile weapons, usually with a rifle but most commonly with a designated marksman rifle or a special application rifle, to shoot at long range targets.

No, I think the other anon meant marksman.
>>
>>29473978
I'm cringing over how retarded you are
>>
How can I get into biathlon? I'm 21 and have some competition experience, and I'm a decent runner. I've never skied in my life. I don't expect to make the Olympics but I'd like to be competitive on a local level

Unrelated but are the women as good as they all look in pictures?
>>
>>29466004
Such a good movie senpai
>>
Haha, why are you so mad?
Does it not look "Tactical" enough for you?

I used that shooting stance for years while shooting on 200/300 meter ranges with bolt action rifles, and I can promise you that the people using that stance get waaay much better groupings than the "tactical badass" stance that I see some people try to use while shooting at 100 meters++

Now, I found that kind of shooting boring, so after about 12 years I transferred over to what you call "real" shooting and I really enjoy it, but generally people suck big time at shooting at anything further away than 100 meters if they have to stand.

But sure, they are the biggest of faggots hitting their targets like faggots and things like that...

Ohh and BTW, if you really want to get really good at precision shooting, you have to shoot A LOT with your .22lr rifle.

And I don't mean just in the beginning, you have to keep doing it as long as you shoot.
Recoil hides many mistakes.

>inb4 Eurofags can't into guns
>inb4 gay
>>
>>29473254
I meant target shooting using meme guns and meme stances, the topic of this thread, not non-winter biathalon training, the subject of anon's picture.
>>
>>29474597

>Meme stance

Son, are you feeling okey?
That "meme stance" have been used for ages when it comes to precision shooting.

Tell me, what (standing) stance do you use when shooting at extremely small targets or targets far away?

>meme guns

Guns with higher accuracy then your normal off-the-shelves gun will ever have.

They are build like that for a reason.

No, it is not a weapon that you can use in war, but it was never intended to fill that role.

It was intended to give the shooter as high ergonomical convenience and as much accuracy as possible, which most of those rifles actually do.
>>
>>29474597
To clarify, The main problem is that target pistols and rifles are shit guns and no one would use them for anything other than target shooting.
There is no point in marksmanship if you aren't using a gun that one would actually use (or want to) in real life.

>>29473683
I guess you think that railguns (guns on rails) counts as shooting as well. Why not call laser tag a shooting sport?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4idDEwnLFQ

The japs airsoft competitions count as shooting too, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEDs2ez6Fpk
5:26
>>
>>29474707
Are they pretending to shoot these guns? Is it all just cgi? Don't be an idiot, they're purpose built rifles/pistols that people use because they enjoy them. Do.ypu shit on people who race shifter karts because they can't actually drive them on the road? How about people who race horses, those horses aren't draft they can't do real work. Not all shooting has to be what you consider "practical"

I'd like service rifle to be in the Olympics too but it's not. Guess what though, the Fuckers who win at camp Perry use the same stance and fundamentals as the Olympic shooters do. Are they not "real" marksmen?
>>
>>29474654
Lets say no one gave a shit about integrity or the spirit of the competition and just accepted retarded 'hardware' as legitimate.

I know discus. Discus is inherently stupid because it mimics old discus, yet has a different disc and different form.
A more ergonomical discus would be hollow for you to keep on your hand using the inside of the loop, and also adding more momentum to the system in the process because its further from your body.
If were all having a good laugh doing standing throws seeing who is best and some faggot walks up with a carbon fiber aeorfoil rc discus and uses full rotation, it's not in the spirit of the competition.

What point is there in changing an already stupid game just so you do better?

Or perhaps a better analogy if you aren't familiar with discus would be:
If you somehow found a way to use grapeshot in bowling, would anyone consider it bowling? The answer is no.
Even though you would get more strikes, you are acting like a faggot ignoring the spirit of the game.
>>
>>29471701
this. my uncle runs marathons and he's bald as a toddlers nutsack.
maybe even helps him, more aerodynamic
>>
>>29474797

If i had to explain target shooting in a very simple matter, it all revolves around one single thing.

Standing at one side of an open field and trying your best to move tiny pieces of lead into the exact same spot on the other side of the field 200 meters away. (or any other amount of meters/yards that you have agreed to before entering the contest)

Now, if you were to enter this kind of competition would you rather:

A) use the most accurate rifle you own and use a non-tactical shooting stance even if it makes you look like a a broken doll with a Space rifle

or

B) stand there with a rugged rifle built for the military that are not even close to the "toy guns" in terms of neither accuracy or handling and with a shooting stance that you learned in basic training to maximise concealment and cover?

If you choose option B you might do better in "the real world" but you will never be as good at moving those tiny lead pieces into a small circle as the guys that went with option A
>>
>>29474707
Reading comprehension mean anything to you? Go back and read the part where I said

>Any form, type, style, kind, or way of shooting that involves gunpowder propelling a bullet out of a firearm is "real" shooting.

Keep at it until you grasp the part where I mention

>gunpowder propelling a bullet out of a firearm

Yes, I get it. People do things you don't like, and you want it to stop right now. You sound a lot like Dianne Feinstein.
>>
>>29474707
>To clarify, The main problem is that target pistols and rifles are shit guns and no one would use them for anything other than target shooting.

I'm trying to think of a single negative consequence that would qualify this as a "problem". Who's problem is it?

>There is no point in marksmanship if you aren't using a gun that one would actually use (or want to) in real life.

Sports are real life. What the fuck are you even saying? I have to switch to a basketball that can take out deer and Vietcong to be taken seriously by you?
>>
>>29475016
>use a non-tactical shooting stance
>or handling and with a shooting stance that you learned in basic training to maximise concealment and cover?

This stance has tactical value by the way. Any situation that calls for precision and height advantage.

You can shoot from trenches, over barricades, deeper back in the woods over foilage, peeking over the crest of a hill, etc.
>>
>>29462317
>hurr durr perfect practice, not practice in fucking retarded
>>
>>29474707

benchrest, including those goofy-looking railguns, have done so much to improve our understanding of internal and external ballistics and precision long-range shooting and gunsmithing precision rifles it's ridiculous.

so yes, it's real shooting.
>>
>>29474707
>there is no point to sports because sports aren't real life

what the fuck am I reading?

the whole POINT of sports is that they are not real life, dumbass.
>>
>>29477061
That's good advice retard

If you repeat the wrong way 10,000 times it's going to be very hard to undo.

If you repeat the right way 10,000 times it's going to be very hard to screw up.
>>
>>29473040
Europe is so far down the drain that its perceived as the only acceptable form of shooting. you have to own a weird gun with propretary bastardized shit on it and wear a space-suit in order not to be looked down upon at the range.

its a sport for unfree people who dont wanna accomodate any other sort of shooting on their ranges.
>>
>>29474707
>I guess you think that railguns (guns on rails) counts as shooting as well.

>Benchrest shooting is a sport in which very accurate and precise rifles are shot at paper targets.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benchrest_shooting

It's mostly equipment based. But we're not going to disqualify racing as a sport because fast cars that don't break win more often.
>>
>>29477115
No shit practicing wrong enforces bad habits.
>>
>>29467548
That group almost made me hard.
>>
>>29477137
Well stop saying stupid shit if you don't want stuff explained to you slowly
>>
Dear sport shooters,

You now feel the same pain boxing threads get when Systema and other survival fighting styles come in.

I know you just wanted to discuss training tips and building stamina, but it was actually more important that you understand they would destroy you "on the street" because you don't train close enough to a real fight.
>>
>>29461989
Specialty .22 precision marksmanship round in a specialty rifle. Minimal lethality and so little recoil its not worth mentioning. They almost used lasers in the Britbong Olympics.

At least the biathlon and other endurance + shooting races have a physical component.

They used to use service rifles in previous Olympics.
>>
File: 1371926972858.jpg (119 KB, 511x640) Image search: [Google]
1371926972858.jpg
119 KB, 511x640
>>29477171
>boxing
lol. i took two weeks of krav maga at my local strip mall and I'd totally kick your ass.

Pic not related
>>
>>29477171

there are tactical considerations in a gunfight which sport shooting doesn't cover (like taking cover, shoot-move-communicate, etc). in a hand to hand fight those tactical considerations can be negated by the fact that you can punch well and take a punch (the latter is a vastly underestimated skill). so not quite the same.

but yeah, boxing >>> sistema/krab mango/whatever "reality based self defense" system. if you can't beat me fighting "clean", what makes you think it'll work better when we both can fight "dirty" and i have far superior fundamentals to employ groin shots, fish hooking, rabbit punches, etc.?

>>29477195

so i can get away with a lack of proper sight alignment, trigger control, a repeatable and steady stance, recoil control, etc. and wildly shoot while doing a backflip just because it's a 22 target rifle?
>>
>>29474707
railguns seems more like some scaled down cannon competition.
>>
>>29477195
Lethality is not marksmanship

Recoil may be a consideration in marksmanship, it forces a requirement of control over the gun with weight behind it and grip strength. But that's just so the gun won't fly out of your hand. The vast majority of recoil happens after the bullet has left the barrel. You can hold a powerful rifle like a bitch, and if your fundamentals were good at the moment you broke the shot, you'll hit what you aimed at.

If they were shooting .308 they would stand the same and hold the gun a little tighter. The people who were best with .22 will still be best with .308 most of the time.
>>
>>29477214
I'm just lamenting that the Olympics used to use service rifles and now they uses specialty peashooters.
>>
>>29465180
It's only good with a .22 target rifle.
For everything else it's more than likely to knock your aim off.
>>
>>29461988
>not wanting to cuddle 6' tall blonde baltic waifu after spending all day removing vatnik
>>
>>29477259

and you can go fuck yourself. not everything has to be the most tacticool thing ever.
>>
File: Dement.jpg (50 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
Dement.jpg
50 KB, 600x399
>>29477261
Read the thread >>29473358
>>
>>29477283
is that matt damon?
>>
>>29464703
>implying you could even hit the target not standing in a stance like that
Freehanding those types of rifles is ridiculously hard. I've tried it prone and can't even shoot in the 90s.
t. Captain of school rifle team 2 years
>>
>>29477214

It was less about which system is better and more about some people's odd compulsion to enter a thread that has practically nothing to do with their own goals and begin ranting how everyone inside is "doing it wrong."
>>
>>29477126
It's more that in europe, there's a lot of people living really close together. And this sport is so popular there, that they just don't even have the space to build biathlon ranges that are longer than 50m.
>>
>>29474468
Hopefully you're still in this thread.
Find a range near you, talk to the local club there. They'll point you in the right direction.
Also, mostly yes.
>>
File: 1444320422035.jpg (22 KB, 272x285) Image search: [Google]
1444320422035.jpg
22 KB, 272x285
>>29464703

>form is all sorts of fucked up

Not for competition shooting it isn't.

Still marksmanship.
>>
>>29474468
The women are most likely better than the look in pictures.
I coached a junior rifle team for 8 years, had to stop because I just couldn't have clean thoughts about a team made up entirely of 13-18yo cuties.
>>
>>29477171
But boxing is about who can fight like a man the best.
Of course street fighting is different, because it operates under different rules.
Boxing isn't trying to be street fighting.

Olympic shooting IS trying to be real(read: practical) shooting, it only exists in its current form becuause of europe.
If olympic shooting was real shooting, you would still see meme guns being used and small calibers, but it would be better.
You would see wildcatting, active shooting, real distances, and a focus on shooting rather than being nice to europe.
>>
File: 1964.jpg (219 KB, 985x753) Image search: [Google]
1964.jpg
219 KB, 985x753
>The competitions from 1958 to 1965 used high-power centerfire cartridges, such as the .30-06 Springfield and the 7.62×51mm NATO, before the .22 Long Rifle rimfire cartridge was standardized in 1978.
>>
>>29473358
You don't get it anon.

>>29477278
>service rifle
>tacticool
... What?
>>
>>29478571
That's biathalon, not olympic (target) shooting.
Biathalon used to be real shooting, but then it was cucked so Europe could play.

If the athletes used real (slightly modified) rifles like in your picture, then I would be more impressed because it would be more than just a ski race with portions where they see who can best control their breathing and heart rate.

If olympic shooting was real shooting, like biathalon used to be, then people would have a less of a problem with it. People would still give it shit for not being 3 gun, but baby steps first.
>>
>>29478559
Olympic shooting isn't trying to be tactical fagtual...
Nothing about the standing position has anything to do with Europe. The same position is used by American 3 & 4 position shooters out to 1000yd.
The only reason you see so many of the same caliber instead of wildcatting is because you've never even opened a rule book let alone been to a competition. Most disciplines have a mandated caliber or series of calibers.
That's why you've never heard of a 6.5mememoor winning camp perry.

Maybe you should try to educate yourself instead of just spouting off bullshit.
>>
>>29478737
>Olympic shooting isn't trying to be tactical fagtual...
But it is. We already have marksmanship competitions that are real shooting, they are called sniper competitions.

Olympic shooting IS trying to be real shooting because they are standing and using short to medium ranges, except instead of focusing on speed and accuracy, they focusing on accuracy.

>tl;dr
Basically the olympics need 3gun.
>>
>>29478720
>That's biathalon, not olympic (target) shooting.

Yeah, I was removing any doubt left that OP's stance was not a "real" marksmanship stance.

>Biathalon used to be real shooting, but then it was cucked so Europe could play.

It still is real shooting, but yes it is cucked

>If the athletes used real (slightly modified) rifles like in your picture, then I would be more impressed because it would be more than just a ski race with portions where they see who can best control their breathing and heart rate.

All marksmanship fundamentals still apply in biathalon. It's not "just" anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 736x552
>>29478814
Olympic shooting, biathlon shooting, and competitive precision shooting in general has been around long before any of this "practical" bullshit so to me it looks like 3gun is trying to get up to snuff with these girls. as I see it running around a 15' obstacle course with a belt of speed loaders and legs covered in shells isn't very practical either. Let's see these fuckers walk more than a quarter mile with this bullshit.

>can't tell if troll or just stupid
>>
>>29469581
>Military Standard (current standard issue)
The problem with this is that in capable hands, some countries have weapons which are objectively better than others for marksmanship. This would just lead to it being a competition between the 10-20 countries with similarly capable rifles, with everyone else being basically disqualified by default.
>>
>people defending these shooting poses
Nigga they TEACH you that this is all wrong when it comes to proper marksmanship, regards someone who does this every winter.
>>
>>29477259
Bruh not even America allows civilians to own the current service rifle, so stop shitting on Europe so hard about not being able to either.
>>
>>29478720
I'm pretty sure most (probably all) European countries allow their civilians to own bolt action centerfire rifles
>>
>>29479488
What do you mean? Your dojo tells you that olympic biathletes are doing it all wrong?
>>
>>29464703
You're an idiot.
>>
>>29479488
No you don't.
>>
>>29469480
Your a knowhile nothing bipshit. Go back to playing call of duty or what ever you it is you do to hide from real world shooting
>>
>>29477286
Oh good god really? Can you be that dunb? I can clearly see that is camp perry and he is from the amu. Anon why do you hate so much on people they know what they are talking about? Just an hero your self. It's about the only way to help your self now
>>
>>29479394
Why is this a problem?
The austrailians aren't particularly good at the luge for a similar reason.
And africans have prolonged primal evolution on their side.

The world isn't fair and humanity is diverse. Why force people to use the same equipment as long as they aren't using self guiding bullets?

>>29479558
Don't underestimate the discouraging power of corruption, deliberately hard/absurd/confusing/illogical laws, and paperwork.
Regulatory burden is real.

>own
Also can you really call it owning when you aren't allowed to accumulate wealth or property, and can't keep 'your' 'property' where you please?

The euros have had 1500 years of serfdom under their belts, that is hard to rebel against.
>>
>>29479990
But australians don't have to use a luge that's 10% slower than everyone else's. That's why they still compete, even if they're not very good. Furthermore, no self-respecting country is going to make any changes to their military arms to facilitate olympic success, so those countries are going to be stuck in unfair competitions for as long as they compete.
>>
>>29478957

tbqh this. i quad load and i know it's not practical. but it's fun.

i tend to be an action pistol and 3 gun shooter, but i enjoy taking my shotgun out to do sporting clays, and i'm sure i'd enjoy smallbore. aspects would translate over. it's not "realistic" - i can't call in artillery or mortars, i don't have 10 of my friends with me, i don't have a plate carrier or helmet on, i'm not attacking at night, and my stage doesn't start with me dehydrated and sweaty when an IED goes off and takes out my MRAP and somebody shoots a RPG-7 at me.

IDPA is what you want if you want a "REAL DEAL PRACTICAL" shooting competition. it's also toxic and a no fun allowed zone. the guys and girls slinging lead downrange every weekend, whether on the back half of a biathalon course, bullseye pistol, a benchrest railgun, USPSA, or whatnot are the ones who know how to shoot.
>>
>>29480082

also, 3 gun is getting cucked in order to appeal to a wider audience too. 3gun nation went from humanoid targets like IPSC/USPSA/IDPA to bullseye ones so that you could watch on NBC and not have accusations of it being "militia training".
>>
>>29480081
Fair point.
Maybe you could preform an accuracy test of the rifle just beforehand (unmanned), and change the size of the targets in relation. Like if the rifle shot 2 moa, the target would be larger than if the rifle had shot 1 moa.

Then the only real consideration is magazine size, and hopefully there aren't militaries out there still using a fixed magazine.
>>
>>29480186

or you could have everybody shoot a bolt/Fortner action 22lr since everybody, even eurocucks and britbongs, have access to them. and with standardized equipment it becomes a test of shooter skill and not "how good can the Army Marksmanship Unit make my rifle"?
>>
>>29480130
>bullseye ones

Cheaper, better.
>>
>>29480201
but with linearly scaling the target size in relation to the unmanned accuracy of the rifle, any accurizing becomes irrelevant. There would be no benefit in using a non-standard service rifle.

8 FUCKING CAPTCHAS IN A ROW GOD FUCKING DAMIT.
>>
>>29480241

because nobody hot rods a rifle to smooth out a trigger, free float a barrel, have a custom barrel, improve the sights, etc. while making it look like the standard army rifle.

oh wait... Camp Perry Service Rifles all have them done. ALL.
>>
>>29480186
Competitions with diverse gear do stuff like this. Like power factor, higher recoil ammunition scores higher points. But people strategize around that, like using high pressure ammunition then porting it out a compensator so they get faster reset times but keep the bonus points.

But in that situation they are trying to accommodate for a variety of gear. They can't tell everyone to buy this gun and this caliber. But if they could, they probably would to make the playing field as even as possible. The Olympics if full of enough bullshit already comparing apples to apples, we don't need apples or oranges.
>>
>camp perry
>camp perry
>camp perry
>camp perry
>camp perry
>camp perry
>camp perry
>camp perry
>camp perry
>camp perry
>camp perry
>camp perry
>camp perry
>camp perry
I'm noticing a trend in this thread...

Is it just one anon who wants to be thanked for his service or is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>29480130
Well 3 gun isn't really about how good you could potentially kill people, even though it is

I think that makes sense
>>
>>29480314
4 times from other posters, 14 times from you
>>
>>29480314

it's long distance 3-position target shooting with "military rifles". as in everybody uses an AR-15 (or SCAR or M-14 or M-1 or XM-110). and everybody still has the same offhand rifle stance that the olympic offhand rifle shooters use.

it's like it's the most efficient/best stance for that sort of shooting.
>>
File: Laughing_marksman_whore.jpg (50 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_marksman_whore.jpg
50 KB, 600x399
>>29480314
>>
>>29480322

the guys who take it as "tacticool training 2 DA XTREEM" are the worst. it's fun, it makes you a better pistol, rifle, and shotgun shooter, and if you want to run it with your plate carrier for funsies, go ahead. i know a guy who shoots matches with a revolver and a Garand. granted he's also a Grand Master USPSA Revolver shooter...
>>
>>29480420
Is that what target 'shooting' does to your spine?
Brutal...
>>
>>29461926
>>>/toy/
>>
File: 1439867012716.gif (3 MB, 316x234) Image search: [Google]
1439867012716.gif
3 MB, 316x234
>Oh, hey. It's a sport shooting thread. This might be interesting...

God dammit, I hate you all.
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.