[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self defense in public areas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Pepper spray or a pocket knife or both for EDC in a major city like LA?

Laws are under 3" blade and no switchblade type.
>>
>>29461625
Listen Meredith, move out of LA county, get your CCW, then carry the pistol of your choice.
>>
>>29461625

Ez anon ez just carry a pistol
>>
>>29461625
FYI, the 3" blade requirement is about concealed fixed-blade knives, and folding knives carried with the blade out carried concealed.

TL;DR just carry a knife like a normal person and there's minimal risk. Also.

>LA

Just kys and save yourself the misery of nignogs or the death by a thousand cuts that is the legal system here.
>>
>>29461663
>listen Meredith
kek! I'm starting to like this April fools bullshit.
>>
>>29461738
LA law mandates under 3"

>Knives and daggers defined.

As used in this chapter, the terms “knives and daggers” shall include any knife having a blade of three inches or more in length; any spring-blade, switch-blade or snap-blade knife; any knife any blade of which is automatically released by a spring mechanism or other mechanical device; any ice pick or similar sharp stabbing tool; any straight-edge razor or any razor blade fitted to a handle.
>>
>>29461738
wish I could just move out but no-can-do until I finish school
>>
>>29461625
And whatever you carry, remember that self defense means 'self'. The young lady that was pepper sprayed was sprayed by not-the-old-man-she-hit, so it wasn't 'self' defense.

I'm guessing he's getting a visit...
>>
>>29461625
I like the stun-guns disguised as smart-phones. You can sit with it in your hand, or in a regular-ass smartphone 'holster' and you can zap anybody within arms reach without them realizing what you're holding.

If you are accosted, it's not great to just pull out a pocket knife if you don't know what you're doing. It's like pulling a gun, except dumb. YOu might intiminate or have them back off but you've escalated things and are almost forced to use it if they don't back down, which is bad. What if that guy has a gun or a knife and is quicker than you?

Pepper-spray you can basically just hose somebody with it just having road-rage or whatever and nobody cares. If there are by-standers spray them too. Spray fucking everyone in the club.

The disguised stun-guns are nifty, I carry one sometimes. I feel like I can mug anybody with that thing.
>>
>>29462037
Bear spray works best on humans.
>>
>>29461786
Then you have to learn 3 things. How to fight, how to run, and how to increase your situational awareness. Unless you can get and carry a gun then those 3 are your only real options.
>>
>>29462037
Are you saying the pepper spray doesn't work?

Cause let me tell you something about pepper spray...if you aren't military or police trained, you're going DOWN in 2 seconds. You can't open your eyes instantly after being sprayed.

Even if youre on drugs. Drugs don't make you have clear vision and immunity to the body's subconscious response to the capsicum.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.