[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glocks 26, 43, 42...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: glocks.jpg (71 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
glocks.jpg
71 KB, 1334x750
European (not english native speaker) LEO here.

Hi there /k/,

I´m a LEO in a non gun friendly european country. I am issued a HK USP compact 9mm, which i prefer only to carry on duty, and not when on plain clothes and deep concealment is needed.

For such situations I own a Glock 26. But I fing it quite bulky in the summertime if i want to go with a T-Shirt or light shirt only.

Since i´m not a big guy, quite short and light weight actually, i´m considering to change the G26 for a G43 or G42. Problem is that the G43 might be too similar to the 26 and G42 is "only" .380.

Since there is a lot of people here with 26s, PPKs or Bodyguards here, but nobody with the above mentioned two... so i can´t even try them... what do you guys think about the issue?

Any other ideas? I have even considered a .357 J Frame... but i´m more like a Glock guy i´m afraid. Whould the J Frame as easy to conceal as a G42? I mean, not considering the weight, only the bulk.

Discuss.
>>
I'm a cop in Atlanta. My backup is the G43 I added a +2 base plate and find it perfect.

I do have a Walther PPS but find the G43 to be smaller and easier to shoot for me. (duty weapon is G22).

I vote G43 or Walther PPS.

(I prefer the 9mm round though, so I'm biased)
>>
>considering to change the G26 for a G43 or G42. Problem is that the G43 might be too similar to the 26

Seriously?
>>
>>29461019
Nice. I prefer 9mm too. Is what i have always used, and the ammo i cant get free from the government :-)

Have you tried the G26? If in my situation would you trade my G26 for a G43? IS there enough a difference?

I don´t even use a +2 mag (for better conceal)...

Thanks in advance and again.
>>
>>29461030
I know it looks good. But shame i´d have to order it without even trying one... That´s how things work here, since this kind of guns are quite uncommon and dealers don´t even have them stocked.

In fact when i bought the 26 i had to borrow one to try from a colleague; since i can only found G19s and 17s to rent locally.

:-(
>>
>>29461070

No, not the G26 but I had a G27 (.40 SW). I did not like it, it was too snappy and was heavy for me. I sold it.

I prefer the dimensions of the G43 better. It fits my hand better and doesn't feel like it's a brick.
>>
>>29461125
That´s what i wanted to hear. Thanks for ur opinion!

And the 27 with the .40... has to be tough. I start to get tired with the 26 after a pair of boxes of regular 9mm if i shot them rapidly.
>>
>>29461155
Yeah, I do not like the ,40. My department is getting rid of the .40 for 9mm in July. We have too many police cadets fail with the .40 in the academy and are short on manpower.

You will be very happy with the G43.
>>
>>29461221
i´d start the process to gt a G43 then. Thanks.

In police academy training here we use Berettas 92.... almost everybody passes :-)

But then depending on the unit you end in you are issued and trained with other guns.

After 10 years i still miss the 92 when we make our regular exams; i always had the equivalent of A grade with it.

Thanks, and take care out there.
>>
File: 233.jpg (677 KB, 1454x1182) Image search: [Google]
233.jpg
677 KB, 1454x1182
>>29461290
You're welcome, you too. Stay safe.
>>
File: 20160402_005137.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160402_005137.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>29461370

;-)
>>
>>29461370
I'm from Atlanta
One time I was at a track meet at GT, and a cop had his Glock "holstered" in the cargo pocket of his pants.
Couldn't help but wonder what would happen if he had to run and it fell out and got lost
>>
Glock 43 or M&P shield
>>
>>29461618
They make sticky rubber pocket holsters to prevent guns from moving around.

http://www.desantisholster.com/SUPER-FLY
>>
G43 owner
I like it. It's really slim and conceals nicely. It is just large enough that shooting it feels more like shooting a regular pistol than a " subcompact"

>g42
I almost got one instead. It's a bit smaller. A slick package. I'm not nessesarily a caliberfag, but after looking into the current crop of defensive ammo as run thorough a compact, I could not resist the 9mm.
>>
Is glock ever going to release 7 and 8 round factory mags for the 43?

Also you guys who have the 43... what made you choose it over say a shield ?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.