[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone explain to a newfag how to go about learning about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: maga.jpg (166 KB, 819x819) Image search: [Google]
maga.jpg
166 KB, 819x819
can someone explain to a newfag how to go about learning about guns?

>like i literally don't even own a gun or know how to talk about them

what's the general progression for becoming familiar with firearms?
>>
Play a lot of call of duty and base your opinions on what you see there.
>>
>>29458090
Watching YouTube videos is easiest and fastest. Is there any particular aspect to weapons that you're interested in?
>>
Just lurk /k/ for few hours every day and let's see in a month.
>>
Lurk more
>>
File: hey wait a minute.gif (3 MB, 257x212) Image search: [Google]
hey wait a minute.gif
3 MB, 257x212
>>29458090
Just do like most of /k/ does and listen to hype, rumors and gossip. You'll be an expert in weeks.
>>
>>29458134
>>29458125
Really though these.
Also browse local funstores the employment is usually happy to learn you a thing or two even if they might be a bit fuddy
>>
>>29458090
Read the sticky and lurk more faggot.
>>
File: untitled1.jpg (23 KB, 462x327) Image search: [Google]
untitled1.jpg
23 KB, 462x327
>>29458125

mainly maintenence & care

i don't wanna invest in something and then break it or have a malfunction and the never be able to fix it

right now i'm looking 2 buy

>kimber eclipse type 2 1911 10mm

&

>ptr91 f

but idk how retarded this is
>>
File: product_1276730263f.jpg (247 KB, 640x710) Image search: [Google]
product_1276730263f.jpg
247 KB, 640x710
>>29458090
first buy a toy gun --airsoft water gun whatever
play with it get it out of your system
then look at some training vids on youtube and practice
then get a real gun start cheap and simple and maybe take a course in how to use it or find a safe place to practice and learn
learn trigger discipline and how not to point it at people you are not shooting
>>
1 Rent a Gun
2 Point it to your head
3 Shoot
Here we go you are a /k/omando
>>
I think the way to becoming familiar with anything is to start with personally answering for yourself "why should I be interested in this". Basically, what's your motivation for learning about firearms? Self-defense, hjntjng, prepping, vidya, whatever. Once you get to that stage, then you start reading up on guns for that purpose while picking up firearm lingo on the way. After a while, of you're still interested in whatever niche you started in, soon you'll start branching out to other parts of firearm uses like so:
>I like hunting, but what would be a good sidearm in case I run into criminal scum innawoods?
>I like target shooting long distances, but will my skills translate well into hunting?
>I like my successful career as the leader of my own PMC, but how can I best shitpost on a Ugandan tribal tattoo image board?

Before you know it, you'll be armchair operating like the worst tripfags
>>
Watch hickok45 videos.
Stay very far away from FPSRussia and its fanbase.
>>
>>29458090
Lurking on /k/ was how I learned to talk about about guns, mainly handguns. DA/SA, DAO, striker fired, hammer fired, FTF, FTEs, didn't really know any of it... I also learned about general price ranges, "meme brands" (which really don't exist, it's all about preference),ammo, cleaning solutions, and that HiPoints aren't exactly stellar.
Lurk some more, go on youtube and watch some edu/k/ational videos and soon you'll be in the know.
>>
>>29458487
Also, go to your local range, most of the time the guys/gals in there will be more than willing to take you through the safeties and basic operation of a handgun.
If you go in there pretending to know =, and it's obvious you don't, they will more likely be reluctant to help. If you're honest and tell them you're new at this, they'll be more understanding and most of the time happy to help.
Shoot some guns, if they intimidate you, start out small and work your way up.
>>
>>29458090

All joking aside, browse /k/ for long enough and eventually you'll have a working knowledge of firearms. Almost everything I know about guns I learned from this site. I went from nogunz to 20 guns in 2 years
>>
>>29458143
Where? Every time I'm in a fun store a I'm lucky if I can catch the clerks attention, when I'm the only person there.
>>
Just go the nearest indoor range on Wednesday afternoon when it's slow. BRING A FRIEND. Tell the counter guy that you've never shot before and would like to rent a good gun to learn on. Odds are good that they'll set you up with something simple, and will probably take you out and show you the basics.

With that said, DO NOT go to the range knowing nothing. Have a good idea what you want to shoot, and know the proper terminology (at minimum). Also take take not to make any glaring newbie mistakes suck as not controlling the direction of your muzzle, or not knowing how to use the sights.
>>
File: technical killer.jpg (748 KB, 2820x1890) Image search: [Google]
technical killer.jpg
748 KB, 2820x1890
If you have no other way, spend money on an NRA certified handgun course. Get a few hours of instruction.

With that, you can visit different ranges, load guns, and fire on your own, and develop personal preferences.
>>
>>29458090
Jesus Christ, Jesus. Don't be a nigger, get a dad, get dad to teach you how to guns.
>>
>>29458154
I would get a more popular caliber for your first handgun go with one of the 3 most popular: .45 acp, .40s&w, or 9mm.
Also a lot if people on /k/ tend to Kimbers. Try out a Rock Island Armory. They're a great first 1911.
>>
>>29458134
I actually did this for about 6 months and it helped tremendously
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.