[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
at what point did you stop sperging out on people and realize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: clip_vs_magazine.jpg (69 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
clip_vs_magazine.jpg
69 KB, 800x600
at what point did you stop sperging out on people and realize that popular culture has solidified the term "clip" to also refer to a magazine, and that you can't really fault the average person (read: not a gun enthusiast) for not knowing when the magazines do actually kinda clip onto the gun

who else /reasonable/ here?
>>
File: cap.png (646 KB, 662x525) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
646 KB, 662x525
>>29455712
Never
>>
Never. Our sperging is reversing it.
>>
I have yet to meet someone who incorrectly called a magazine a clip where I thought they were safe to be around with guns
>>
File: 41RSbiP7x7L._SY300_.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
41RSbiP7x7L._SY300_.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
>>29455759
Are you serious? I would think the sperglords that flip their shit over the quite common mistake would be the ones that shouldn't own a gun.
>>
>>29455722
you. You. YOU i like.
>>
>>29455776
No one flips their shit in real life. It is a one time correction.
>>
>>29455796
>No one flips their shit in real life
It's like you've never seen an upset retard.
>>
>>29455806
It's like you think the world outside your basement functions just like it does on the internet.
>>
>>29455796
>It is a one time correction

Except when it's not, which is that way for most people since no one cares and it's easier to call it a clip like you've been doing for 20 years
>>
>>29455712
>we should allow words to be used incorrectly without letting the person doing so know that hes a retard
its people like you that allowed the word "literally" to be defined in dictionaries to also mean "figuratively"
>>
>>29455837
Mag is shorter.
>>
>>29455712
Someone who uses guns, and still uses the term incorrectly= a mechanic, who says cadalatic converter

Its not a clip, its a magazine
Its not a fucking Cadillac, its a catalyst

So, anything that person says from that point on is disregarded.
>>
>>29455848
>One syllable is shorter than one syllable

Wut?
>>
>>29455857
Huh, my mechanic calls them "platinum money boxes"
>>
>>29456019
Ive been told they stoped using platinum. But thats just hear say.
>>
>>29455873

It has fewer letters to pronounce so it's less work to say
>>
>>29455712
never did sperg out. Just noted their inadequacy, shook my head in disdain, and moved on.
>>
File: 1448955557850.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448955557850.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>29455712
I'd silently judge you and keep in mind to not ask you for anything advanced within this topic.
>>
>>29455712
Don't sperg out, just explain that the magazine includes a feeding device while clips simply hold bullets

Also explain that you need some way to differentiate between the two in the stock room, and that it as a technical spec difference, like making a frame out of aluminum or different grades of steel steel
>>
>>29456042
They still do, it's just never been enough to even show up up on anything other than a precision instrument. They are money sinks though, they shit up your gas mileage.
>>
>>29455857
Mfw its actually catalytic
>>
>>29455712

I've never really bothered to correct people in the first place since it's not even worth my time or energy to care, as opposed to just moving on with the conversation. It's like people that call literally every executable that runs on a desktop computer an app. It's another method used to separate the knowledgeable from the helplessly ignorant.
>>
>>29456071
Actually mag takes more effort to say. Try saying them both out loud.
>>
File: PykO9fH.jpg (295 KB, 1600x1125) Image search: [Google]
PykO9fH.jpg
295 KB, 1600x1125
>>29455712
I could care less. If someone wants to use the word clip instead of magazine, for all intensive purposes the term clip works, irregardless of what you think is "proper" usage. Trying to fight it makes me grow wary because I know it's futile and we should've nipped it in the butt a long time ago. In spite of this, it begs the question about you people who sperg over stuff like this: what other disinteresting crap that has no real affect on your miserable life peaks your interest?
>>
>>29455712
Homestly in the past few years people barely mistake them
>>
newfag here,
what are some clips other than stripper clip & moon clip?
>>
>>29457265
>>
>>29456182
>bullets
>>
>using proper nomenclature is being an anal retentive sperg
Do you go to a doctor that calls your MCL a PCL? Or your tonsils "hangs ins in the back there"?
>>
>>29456890
>I could care less
>>
>>29457275
Oh you
>>
Just noticed the trips. Testing something out real quick plz disregard
>>
>>29457265
En-bloc clips
>>
>>29456890
You could care less? So you care?
>>
>>29455712
Maybe a handful of other people would talk about guns at my school, ignoring the anti-fun crowd. So no, I never even had the chance to even sperg about it.
>>
>>29456890
>irregardless
>>
>>29455712
Never.

I just don't call them out on it. Instaed I just use the term correctly when I'm referring to the object and never stray from it.

It's how I converted my wife and my children into saying the correct term instead of the wrong one.

Now my son understands the difference between a magazine and a clip as does my wife and my stupid liberal sister even.

Sperging out and correcting someone only makes them hate you and resent you when it's something inconsequential to them. You must be the one to set the example.
>>
Never.

Though the only one I actively try to correct is my Dad. He's decent with guns, just a fudd.
>>
>>29455712
I am fine if the average uneducated person says "clip" when talking about guns. My issue is when some sperglord CoDkid is talking like they know about guns and say it, or when politicians who are presuming to tell us what they think we should be allowed show their stupidity and use it.
>>
>>29455712
I don't give a shit a normal non gun guy or girl says clip instead of mag.I can't stand it when someone who claims to be an expert says clip
>>
>>29455712

Who the fuck makes a ten round magazine that's still full size?

That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>29457566
cucked countries like I live in where we have mag capacity limits, but people still want the ergonomics of a full size mag because it fits better in pouches, and is easier to put in or take out of the gun.
>>
>>29455712
Please kill yourself.
>>
File: 1459302983354.jpg (52 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1459302983354.jpg
52 KB, 500x400
>>29455712
>>
>>29455712
>condoning ignorance
I bet you misuse literally to describe something figurative as well, also it is our responsibility as firearm owners to correct plebs and normies about appropriate firearm terminology let we have more complaints about shoulder things that go up
>>
>>29456220
>it's just never been enough to even show up up on anything other than a precision instrument.

Whatever they use, it's still enough to make it worth a meth addict's time to cut converters off parked cars and sell them to crooked scrap metal dealers.
>>
File: GrammarNazi.png (89 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
GrammarNazi.png
89 KB, 2400x2400
>>29456890
>nipped it in the butt

Nipped it in the bud
>>
>>29457316
The vicious circle continues.
>>
>>29457717
You mean a crack head will just cut my cats off of my truck fo free? Fuck yeah, now my truck'll sound mean as shit since it won't be connected to the muffler, AND it's free! 'Murica.
>>
>>29455712
>on /k/?
I'll never will quit reminding people to use correct terminology.
This is a WEAPONS board, not a casual nogunz retard board.
Also, people need to learn that it's a muzzle BRAKE, not break
>IRL?
I'll just use the right terms all the time, and they tend to change their wording without me even putting any real effort out or looking like a dick.
>>
>>29457566
That's a 20, and it's not full size, it's 20-size. Double stack yo.
>>
>>29457740
Nobody likes you, Josh
>>
>>29457314
>can't understand the difference between a doctor and an everyday person on the street.
>seems to think he's not a sperg

An armorer or gunsmith who uses the terms "clip" and "magazine" interchangeably, we have a problem.

For 97% of the population, and this includes me and you, probably, it means nothing beside acting as a signifier of belonging to a "club" to other people as desperate as you to feel different or better than others.

From a linguistic perspective, if they use a word, and you know what they mean, then the word is correct.

Sperging out about something this meaningless to anyone's life is frankly fucking sad.
>>
>>29456890
This has to be bait. No one is that dumb....
>>
Dicks
>>
Clip (noun)
1.the act of clipping.
2.anything clipped off, especially the wool shorn at a single shearing of sheep.
3.the amount of wool shorn in one season.
4.clips, (used with a plural verb) an instrument for clipping; shears.
5.film clip.
6.Informal. clipping (def 2).
7.Informal. a quick, sharp blow: a clip on the jaw.
8.rate; pace:
at a rapid clip.
>def. 2
1.a device that grips and holds tightly.
2.a metal or plastic clasp for holding together papers, letters, etc.
****3.cartridge clip.****
4.an article of jewelry or other decoration clipped onto clothing, shoes, hats, etc.
5.a flange on the upper surface of a horseshoe.
6.Also called lug. Shipbuilding. a short length of angle iron connecting and maintaining the angle between two members or surfaces.
7.Archaic. an embrace.

Magazine (noun)
noun
1.a publication that is issued periodically, usually bound in a paper cover, and typically contains essays, stories, poems, etc., by many writers, and often photographs and drawings, frequently specializing in a particular subject or area, as hobbies, news, or sports.
2.a room or place for keeping gunpowder and other explosives, as in a fort or on a warship.
3.a building or place for keeping military stores, as arms, ammunition, or provisions.
****4.a metal receptacle for a number of cartridges, inserted into certain types of automatic weapons and when empty removed and replaced by a full receptacle in order to continue firing.****
5.Also called magazine show. Radio and Television.
Also called newsmagazine. a regularly scheduled news program consisting of several short segments in which various subjects of current interest are examined, usually in greater detail than on a regular newscast.
a program with a varied format that combines interviews, commentary, entertainment, etc.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.