[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about buying a Dan wesson 15-2 pistol pack for a ccw/hunting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: danny_wes.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
danny_wes.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
Thinking about buying a Dan wesson 15-2 pistol pack for a ccw/hunting revolver.

How do DW revolvers hold up to today's big whigs (ruger,S&W,Colt)?
>>
>Colt revolvers
>Today

Durr I am dum
>>
>>29454661
they're very nice.
buy with no regrets.
>>
>>29454661
What would happen if you take off the barrel and fire it?
>>
>>29454990
The threads in the frame would get dirty.
>>
>>29454990
Bad things.

Does the kit come with the belt buckle?
>>
>>29454990
It would just keyhole like fucking hell
>>
just bought a 14-2 (non adjustable sights is the only difference i know of) great gun so far that ive used it. only problem with mine, and its probably just cause its a used revolver, is that when i cock the hammer on mine, if i dont pull it back until it wont go back at all anymore the cylinder doesnt fully click into place. anyone know a way to fix this?
>>
>>29455057
Im looking at a 14 from a local gun store, it appears to be in good condition, and they are asking 700 for it. What price did you get yours for?
>>
>>29455082
i got mine for $400 but it wasnt the complete kit. it came with the 4ish inch barrel and the 6 inch, along with the wrench for it and the grips are pretty marked up. if youre looking at a complete kit and the gun is in good condition then that seems like a good deal.
is it a 14 or a 14-2? easiest way to tell is if the barrel shroud goes down to the crane or if it only covers the barrel and the extractor rod
>>
I bought one used, not the kit just came with 2 barrels and the wrench. Shoots great and I really like it but it has a really really light single action trigger pull. I'm talking like the pad of my index finger doesn't even make full contact with the trigger before it fires. I'm thinking the previous owner fucked with the trigger but this is the only Dan I have ever shot so who knows.
>>
>>29454990
It would be extremely painful.
>>
>>29455157
mine is also an insanely light single action but the double action is pretty heavy like it should so i thought it was supposed to be. nice accuracy in single action
>>
>>29455117
it is a model 14. is there any major differences besides the barrel shroud?
>>
>>29454661

They work just as well as any modern gun. The only quirk about them is getting the cylinder gap right and keeping it there while you tighten down the barrel nut can be a pain at times.

I bought a 15-2 last June at a gun show and have been loving it ever since. Only came with the 6" barrel though, so I'll be wanting to pick up some other barrels at some point.
>>
>>29455175
there were a few dumb differences that werent too big of a thing. the barrel shroud set ups, some of the older ones had the barrel nut exposed instead of being inside the shoud, the hammer and the cylinder latch looked different. its a very majority cosmetic difference
>>
File: dan-wesson.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
dan-wesson.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
>>29454661
They're badass, buy it. I've put some pretty hot loads for mine and it does just fine.
>>
So, since you can put such a short barrel on this you could cc it while also having a 6"+ barrel to go hunt with it?
>>
File: SAM_1027.jpg (421 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1027.jpg
421 KB, 1080x810
>>29454661
Buying a Dan Wesson in good shape is always a good decision. They're underrated as fuck with a devout cult following. Even if it's not your cup o' tea, you can find a buyer in no time who'll buy it for whatever you paid for it and they'll only appreciate in value at this point.
>>
>>29455261

You could. You'd have to adjust the rear sight every time you swap barrels though.
>>
>>29454661
This thread has sparked my interest. I'm just curious as to the stability of the gun, With a removable barrel is there any "wiggle" in the barrel?
>>
>>29455306

There's no wiggle at all in the barrel. You have a solid 2-3" of thread where it locks into the frame, so no need to worry about that. I have however had the shroud come slightly loose on occasion, but tightening the barrel nut fixes it.
>>
>>29455305
Only the model 15 has adjustable rear sights, am I correct?
>>
>>29455306
No. Properly tightened, the gun is actually more accurate than its competitors because the barrel is under tension.
>>
>>29455231
That square barrel is sexy. Where you get it? i assume its aftermarket?
>>
>>29455343

Mine's a 15-2, so that's the only one I can tell you anything about for sure. Sounds like the 14 didn't though.
>>
>>29455359
on the subject of aftermarket barrels, How much do barrels normally cost for these guns? That is assuming you buy a gun that is not in the "pistol pack".
>>
File: 2015-06-25 15.51.05.jpg (112 KB, 1400x904) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-25 15.51.05.jpg
112 KB, 1400x904
>>29455231
EWK Arms. Not sure if he will ever do more runs of them. I wish I had bought a 3" one when they were available. I do have all the standard barrels though.
>>
File: DW3.jpg (737 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DW3.jpg
737 KB, 2592x1944
>>29455392
meant to quote >>29455359
>>
>>29454661
I've got a hardon for revolvers, especially old-style ones. Do they make barrels without the ejector shroud?
>>
>>29455384

EWK Arms sells barrels without shrouds for about $50. Most lengths are out of stock though, so it really depends on what you can find available.
>>
>>29455384
Depends on:

>condition
>length
>w/ or w/o shroud
>production facility (Monson > Palmer)
>new or used (you can buy new ones from Cz)
>finish (blued, nickel, or stainless)
>full under-lug or not

Original 4" with full lug seem to be the hardest to find (of the common lengths) on the used market and command a bit of a premium.

Rare lengths like those above 8" (10", 12", and 15" I believe) are expensive as fuck IF you find them.
>>
>>29455305
Can't you just hold higher or lower depending on what barrel you have on?

Or do you mean changing the windage between barrels
>>
>>29455168
It's s big gun.
>>
>>29456994
For you.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.