[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hasguns rideshare driver looking for a decent ccw gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 17
Hey /k/

Im a rideshare driver doing this for money and am looking into getting a sidearm just for safety and so I dont get murderaped by some dundunuffin.

Im comfortable around handguns, and have shot enough of them that Im not gonna blow my nose off mexican carrying or something retarded, but past that Im a bit at a loss in which direction to go. Preferably something that fits in large hands, can be concealed under a jacket or some such while driving, wont blow up in my hand, and since this is a frikkin job, probably an external safety or a heavy trigger. Revolvers seem like a good idea?

Since Im driving for money Im not pissing benjamins so if you can buy a car for the cost of it, i probably cant afford it.
>>
>>29451941
bump?
>>
Claymores installed in the back of the driver and passenger seat, pointed backwards, controlled from the driver seat. Or have the seats rigged with tasers.
>>
>>29451941

after all that vids of cabbie drivers getting suckablasted in back of their head or being hold at gunpoint from behind i don't really see that much of a point
>>
I'll bump
>>
>>29451941
https://youtu.be/iB2Lttkmnmw?t=20s
>>
>>29451941
>rideshare driver
>doing this for money
Nigger, how the fuck?
You don't even make money after gas, depreciation, and maintenance, let alone your time.

>Revolvers seem like a good idea?
no
>robably an external safety
no
>or a heavy trigger

Keeping it under $400: Ruger LCP, Ruger LC9S, S&W SD9VE, or a beat up police trade in Glock 22/23.
>>
>>29451941
>doing this for money
As opposed to recreation or method research for a Taxi Driver reboot?
>>
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 900x675
>>29451941
Revolvers:
-S&W model 13, 3 or 4 inch barrel .357 magnum, the model 65 is the same gun but stainless
-S&W model 19/66, mostly the same gun as before but with adjustable sights and more underlug for rod. Comes in 2.5,3,4, and 6 inch barrels.
-S&W model 586/686(easier too find 2.5,3 inch models of the 686 and some are 686+ that hold seven shots in the cylinder.

For a smaller snubnose smith get a snubnose model 10, six shots, model 36/37, j frame only five but smaller as can be and still hold a good .38 special.
Model 38/49/bodyguard/air weight are mostly the same as the model 36 but with a hump hammer shorud.

Ruger SP 101, 5 shot .357 magnum comes in 2.5 and 3 inch barrels, built like a tank and can fire .357 and .38+P all fucking day.
Ruger GP 100, same as before but a hair bigger and six shots, I would say the SP works better for your thing.

Colt detective special and Agents are better great as well, agents can still be found for 400-500 unlike the CDS unless you luck out like I did recently.

Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special 5 shot 3 inch barrel, really powerful, make a great guns for your needs, but try or look at the others as well.
>>
>>29452349
400 each week the last few weeks, all in all ~17 USD an hour after gas and thats when im not in class so
>>
>>29451941
Driving allatime?
Shoulder holster
S&W 642
Cold Steel push dagger (screw the meme kiddies, they make good-enough stuff)
>>
Op here

>>29452349
why no revolver, why no external safety, not shooting my dick off isnt hardcore enough? and I make good enough money on my own time to pay bills rather than flip burgers

>>29452407
I was looking at a few revolvers, 357s sems nice if nothing else i can swap in 38s when im working and have a blast at the range every now and again

>>29452422
I wanted to ask about holster options as well, im leaning shoulder holster, it just seems like the best option and getting a ccw permit in florida is fuck all.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 640x480
For Pistols:

.380:
Beretta model 70s, love this fucking one, feels great in your hand and shoots great, looks sexy as well, price can be jumpy from 3-500.
Most of their Chetah guns(80 numbers) are good
Astra Constable(think what was miscalled a PPK in Taxi Driver)
Ruger LCP
PPKs if you can find one
Probably more but not the most knowledgeable about guns chambered in .380
Glock 26 or 42 or which one that was in .380 are decent.

9x18
Makarov, great Russian surplus gun, can be found from 2-3 hundred.
Polish p64, pretty much the same gun but with only six shots plus one in the tube. Can be gotten for around 2-250ish.
Some CZ(maybe 82-83) hard good things.
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
Recommendation for
9mm

Jericho/baby eagle, can get Israel surplus ones for 3-380.

Glocks, probably the 19 or 17, not the most knowledgeable on them as well.

Beretta 92fs/M9, Italian surplus can sometimes be found for a decent price.
CZ 75/other CZ's
Daewoo K5(or just look up Daewoo pistol) are nice triple action guns. Can be gotten for 300ish off gunbroker.

S&W stainless model 659/639/6506 etc pistol series, fucking amazing and be gotten for 350+ish.

For .45 acp I think the Auto Ordnance are the best 1911 that can be gotten cheap(500-700 new, cheaper used)
>>
Picked up a Springfield XDS in 9mm for just at $400 which seems to qualify
>>
>>29452345
My first thought exactly
>>
>>29452725
Op here, Work is work, and lemme tell ya this is way better than doing roofing. teh whole point of this thread is so I dont have that happen btw, 'sides i have a point of not driving fuckers.
>>
File: image.jpg (388 KB, 1600x976) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
388 KB, 1600x976
>>29452772
I would recommend two guns on you, compact 9mm or .380/9x18 like I recommended and a snubnose revolver, .357 one works great(could easier put .38 special +p HP like the FBI used)like some of the smiths and Rugers, or that bulldog in .44 SP like I recommended.
>>
If you're on a tight budget I'd recommend a SCCY CPX2 they're only like $300 or less and they are double action semi autos. I have one it's a decent enough thing for the price.
>>
>>29452859
Why two guns?
>>
>>29452903
One for shoulder or waist carry, other for pocket and ankle carry. Always safer then sorry if they grabbed your gun from being in such a tight space as a car.

You don't want this happening
http://youtu.be/uEYNlRiPnZk
Or
http://youtu.be/LJAUOJDM88o
>>
>>29452504
Easiest to reach when seated, and can be covered with a loose shirt.
Not sure about materials or brands where you are; figure cost and heat / humidity would be major considerations.
>>
>>29452971
Good point, my buddy says i should just get a glock and shove it down the front of my pants with a round in the chamber like he does, and thats cool for him but sheeeeit if something happens I cant be certain i wouldnt just blow my dick off. ANd he has it strapped in at all times, even at him. "Walking Glack and Cack!" or so he like to say.
>>
>>29453000
Revolvers also are great for CQ, no slide to get pushed out of battery or short stroke because of an obstruction, if you get one of those hidden hammer pocket revolvers you could have the damn thing stuffed in his ass and you could pop off all 5/6 shots.
That is quite easily one of the only things revolvers have going for them in the HD/SD market.
>>
>>29453000
I got AC this might be North Florida but its also the 21st century
>>
>>29452352
>Taxi Driver reboot
think they would do it with Travis as a Uber/Lyft driver? or make up some rideshare service?
>>
>>29453153
who the hell is travis?
>>
>>29453027
What you thinking of getting so far OP?
>>
File: Cobra-StandardDerringer-lg (1).jpg (36 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Cobra-StandardDerringer-lg (1).jpg
36 KB, 600x400
>>29451941
Buy a derringer. They are small and amazingly easy to conceal/easy to use in extremely close quarters as a result. In addition to that I've noticed society not only tends to underestimate modernized derringers but actually think they are "classy."

A lot of cops in Wisconsin ( my state ) have begun carrying them as back-up weapons which should somewhat speak to their reliability and prices: a cop does not make a lot of money yet they "need" dependable firepower. Getting one in .22 or .44 mag, .38 special, .45 colt, .22 LR, etc. is easy enough and between Cobra, Bond, and American you have plenty of options to choose from. From what I can tell Bond Arms and American are the two "big kids" on the derringer block but the truth is I had personally found Cobra before either of those two companies and actually learned about the other two companies in an article where they used pictures of Cobra derringers ( pic related ) while hilariously attempting to promote Bond/American.

Your standard derringer from Cobra will use .22LR or .22mag or .25Auto or .32Auto but you can easily get "big bore" if you wish. The prices are competitive with hi-point pistols ( last I checked ) and the only downside is they are picky about their ammo. Cobras do well with Federal American Eagle, CCI and PMC brands.

Somewhat related: Buy a Henry and a Colt SAA and dress as a cowboy when you get all three firearms and post a pic for us.
>>
>>29453329
the main character in taxi driver you ignorant fuck
>>
File: Cobra-Titan45-410-lg(1).jpg (44 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Cobra-Titan45-410-lg(1).jpg
44 KB, 600x400
>>29453992
Oh, right, I almost forgot the links...

http://www.cobrapistols.net/

http://bondarms.com/

http://www.amderringer.com/ ( seems fishy to me but I'll post it since the shill article recommended them )

Pic related: Titan by Cobra; their largest sized derringer.
>>
Op here,
>>29453992
>>29454026
Last time I shot a derringer at the range its was a cobray double barreled and I was shooting 45s out of it, one at a time not even the 410 shells, and I hurt my finger cause I couldnt hold the fucking thing. i admit that probs isnt representative, but if it is, fuuuuck that. id probs end up hurting myself more than whatever im shooting at. Man sized mitts sucka.
>>29454014
Taxi driver is older than I am, by double motherfucker, chill the fuck out, i tried to watch it and 15 minutes in I got bored, sue me.
>>29453834
So far from all the feedback im really looking into a nice revolver for a shoulder carry, a rossi 357 if I wanna be a fucking jew but the S&W 3-4 inch barrel series will be more likely cause while im a cheap ass, i do like quality. and possibly a second smaller 9m or .22 for ankle carry, this was a lot of help though in just options and shit.
>>
File: Harold 3.jpg (1 MB, 4558x4542) Image search: [Google]
Harold 3.jpg
1 MB, 4558x4542
>>29454240
>Taxi driver is older than I am, by double motherfucker, chill the fuck out, i tried to watch it and 15 minutes in I got bored
>>
>>29454301
Ok, IM sorry its not quite that old, im 22 its 17 years older than I am. ill try to watch it or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 1440x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 1440x612
>>29454240
For ankle carry, either a snub nose j frame S&W(like a 36) or a Colt detective special/Agent, or a small polish P64 with HP ammo or a .380.

For a smaller .22 or .25 like you said, look up a Beretta jetfire model 21a bob/tomcat and the other names they go by fliptop pocket pistols. Some of the newer ones come in .32 acp.
>>
File: Cobra-Shadow-lg(1).jpg (39 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Cobra-Shadow-lg(1).jpg
39 KB, 600x400
>>29454240
Consider the Derringer the back-up to your CCW then. Get a standard for ankle or pocket carry and a good sized revolver ( which I believe Cobra and Bond also sell along wiht Taurus and S&W ) for shoulder-holster. You don't need to worry too much about whether or not the derringer hurts your hand considering it'll still save your life. Also, I promise Cobra is not Cobray.
>>
>>29452345
beat me to it
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 1245x672) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 1245x672
>>29454339
Just watch this scene.
https://youtu.be/3dBn3fW1ijU
>>
File: my_nigga.gif (3 MB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
my_nigga.gif
3 MB, 600x255
>>29454921
>>
Im in on the revolver concept here. Someone puts their hand on it you need it to function. To make it better, a good high caliber like 357 or so would help eliminate a threat quickly

>Shoulder Holster
Probably the easiest way to get to your gun while sitting unless you had it stashed in the car.

Go for a good snub nose like a LCR, J-frame, Charter Bulldog, etc...
>>
>>29455050
I still need too see this, should I watch it now, got nothing else too do right now.
>>
>>29454921
"clip". reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>29455331
It was a more accepted term back then and the whole monologue was improved because the guy was nervous and the director told them too go off script. The writer of that was a huge gun nut. That's why a lot of his films around then had gun loving or wanting leads, like rolling thunder.
>>
File: bass.jpg (94 KB, 1155x1155) Image search: [Google]
bass.jpg
94 KB, 1155x1155
>>29453992
>>29454026
>>29454240

A derringer is a good choice. Look up videos of how to hold them properly, I've got pic related and some big fucking hands and I love shooting it. Worst I ever hurt myself with it was putting a PDX defender 3" .410 shell and scraped my knuckle on the trigger guard and got a little bruise on the palm of my hand cuz I wasn't ready for that recoil. I normally don't recommend using shotgun shells in a derringer for self defense due to the ridiculous spread caused by the short barrel, but if you're ever in a self defense situation it's prolly gonna be in your car and they're gonna be right up in your grill, so get a box of buckshot or something for it. Just make sure you take it to the range and get used to shooting it so there are no surprises if your life ever depends on it.
>>
File: threaded standoff 2.jpg (346 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
threaded standoff 2.jpg
346 KB, 600x450
>>29455218
>Someone puts their hand on it
if they keep the cylinder from moving or the hammer from dropping, a revolver won't fire.
an automatic with a standoff device gets you at least one shot as long as you have one in the chamber
>>
>>29451941
Jason Brian Dalton please go home and stay the hell away from Kalamazoo.
>>
File: image.jpg (706 KB, 2048x1964) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
706 KB, 2048x1964
Buy four snubnoses, one in shoulder holster, one in pocket, one in ankle holster, one shoved in seat next too you or in glovebox.
>>
File: _steve_harvey_my_man.gif (2 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
_steve_harvey_my_man.gif
2 MB, 700x394
>>29455397
How do you like your Bond Arms one? As I mentioned b4 I only learned about them through an article I read where they were using Cobra Arms pics in spite of touting Bond and American. Also, how much did yours cost? If I remember right Cobras began at about $150 last I checked.
>>
>>29453329
Youngfags these days...
>>
>>29454240
Try a bond arms derringer. They're a good bit heavier than other derringers, so recoil isn't quite so bad. Honestly, these little two shot belly guns are really only built for one purpose, but they perform that purpose admirably. iirc bond arms also carries a cross draw holster that goes on the front of your belt and is specifically designed to be used in a car-jacking scenario
>>
>>29458073
Neato. How do the Bond Arms compare to Cobra?
>>
>>29452345
joking aside, having some big light set up like that to blind an attacker for a few seconds isn't a terrible idea
>>
>>29451941
aside from price,any specifics youre looking for? Caliber, action, holster?
Id say try a striker fired pistol (like a glock) then a DA/SA (like a sig) and then maybe something different like a SAO,DAO or a revolver just to get a taste for different styles and options. If you don't have the time or money to do this, just get a glock to start with. Maybe an SCCY or an old revovler if youre really on a budget. then save some cash and go shopping
>>
p here
>>29456242 #
4 guns really? That seems like overkill

>>29455415 #
Not if I get a revolver with a concealed hammer, which sounds like a good idea
>>29458073 #
I'll look into a derringer but I might just be not comfortable with a full sized something or other, as a back up might work though...
>>29458630 #
Nonlethal business just seems like more trouble than it's worth, not to mention at night that'd fuck me over, the user and maybe just piss someone off.
>>29458658 #
Honestly I'm open to a lot as long as it works, price isn't a huge constraint, but you know in my head shooting myself inadvertently with a glock or similar gun with a lack of external safeties knocks then down to nigger guns, also dumb looking. That's just my opinion so I don't give a shit about how glocks are the best evurrrr and you don't give a shit about how I don't like glocks.
Right now I'm leaning revolver under the shoulder as a main, got my eye on a couple locally and looking more at secondaries.

Realistically the time it takes to flip a safety is more acceptable than a negligent discharge, since you know death.
>>
File: two tone XD.jpg (456 KB, 900x482) Image search: [Google]
two tone XD.jpg
456 KB, 900x482
>>29458962
if youre looking for something with safeties id suggest the XD series. Its basically a glock with a bunch of safety features. Aside from shoulder holsters some people stash them under the wheel or on the side of their door or seat. Might be something to consider
>>
>>29459315
Thats actually a really cool option, and I hadn't considered hiding spots. Thanks
>>
Hope I'm not completely off topic, need a single stack for better concealment in the summer time. Shield vs. Glock 43?
>>
>>29460888
You might be, but Ive always hated the grip on a shield, like holding a stack of batteries. Might just be how single stacks are though.
>>
>>29457519

I really like it. It cost me about $550 which is pretty spendy for a derringer, but it's really well made. Solid, sturdy, and reliable. Plus with Bond Arms products if you ever feel like shooting a new caliber, you can just swap out the barrel and it's good to go.
>>
>>29461693
Neato; I think Cobra sells individual barrels but I'm not sure if you can change the caliber but Cobra seems to have more caliber choices. I also like the many grip designs Bond seems to have ( the grip for the Patriot is really nice and don't get me started on Texas Ranger – Special Edition ) but I feel you can make nicer looking guns via the options you can select on Cobra's website which is also better than Bond's website.

With that said when you get something like a derringer defense SHOULD be your first concern and it does seem as if Bond's are just as good if not better than Cobra's. I'd be very interested to try the two side by side.
>>
>>29461824

I'm not sure which one/s have it, but there's at least one Bond Arms derringer that has a built in removable speed loader so you can carry a couple of extra rounds with you without taking up any extra space.
>>
>>29459315
>>29460819
2nd for the XD. Theyre not my favorite but theyre a good gun, especially if you want some kind of safety. My dad loved 1911s because he grew up with them, so when I offred to help get him something new he didn't want anything like a glock or M&P because he was afraid of ND'ing. So I got him an XD 45 and he loves it
>>
>>29451941
Beretta 92 with a shoulder holster. Use the decocker, do not engage the safety while in your vehicle. Good quality police trade ins can be had for poorfag prices.
>>
>>29452422
>cold steel
>good enough
For the price? No, they really don't. Especially if you're buying a weapon and actually intend it to be a weapon and not a wallhanger.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.