[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soviet infantry dude from a while ago here. Thought you people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: Dembel_28.jpg (136 KB, 415x600) Image search: [Google]
Dembel_28.jpg
136 KB, 415x600
Soviet infantry dude from a while ago here. Thought you people might have more questions.
>>
>>29450322
Opinions on the modern Russian army?

How different do you think it is?

If you could improve the AK-74 in any way, what would you do?

Bakelite or steel for AK mags?

Favorite marching song?
>>
>>29450322
How much did you starve?
>>
>>29450343
Oh, also, most seen non-standard piece of equipment (bottle openers, pocket knives, in general, stuff taken with the soldiers that wasn't really supposed to be there)
>>
>>29450322
how fucking old are you?
>>
>>29450322
US Marine infantry dude here.
In afghan I ran into a lot of blonde haired blue eyed afghans about the proper age to have been concieved around the time you all were in there.

They were slightly less inbred than the full blooded locals.

Just thought you'd like to know you might have a long lost bastard cousin or two running around in the helmand desert somewhere.
>>
File: 1455437526381.jpg (719 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1455437526381.jpg
719 KB, 1920x1200
>>29450343
>army
Well, we still have it. Not sure if I'm a fan of minimal service time being merely a year now. On one hand it doesn't interfere with kids' education as much, and they're not as scared of some mythical abusive 'grandfathers' just waiting to get their hands on them. But I wouldn't want to see them drafted for a war.

You can keep serving for money, and there's some government programs here and there that even go as far as provide an apartment for you and your family. Definitely an improvement. Don't know much about equipment changes other than the camo, but a friend of mine boasted how they're getting cool new vehicles a while ago.

>AK74
Perhaps make it easier to shoot from prone, somehow. Give it painted sights and those cool slings, one point I think they're called.

Always felt more comfortable with bakelite mags. Maybe solely for not being as cold to the touch.

>>29450400
Occasional supply failures happened a couple times with our canteen. We had a whole ton of canned good surplus. Honestly I liked it.

>>29450413
Let me think. Harmonicas and mess kits I'd say. Deodorant.

>>29450437
>>
>>29450322
How was the training period in the Soviet Army? Viktor Suvorov says in 'Inside the Soviet Army' that there were constant checkups from commissioners, however no means to fully train each man to the standard expected, which encouraged a lot of corrupt practices to pass the checkups. How true is this?
>>
How many kebabs have you removed?
>>
>>29450514
>those cool slings, one point I think they're called.
ya'll don't want those friend, they're garbage
>>
>>29450514
Do you think the KGB survived the fall of communism by any chance?
An odd question, I know, but I've heard stories...

Also, how strict was everything in the soviet army?
>>
>>29450322
What are your thoughts on American nerds buying up all the Mosins and SKS's?
>>
File: 1384755020280.jpg (69 KB, 917x626) Image search: [Google]
1384755020280.jpg
69 KB, 917x626
>>29450539
We did a ton of exercise and had grading systems. I never once felt like they went too easy on me or I wasn't really all that tired by the end of the day. Those who couldn't reach standarts were forced to try their hardest by both command and us. Like there was this one guy, married, who for the life of him couldn't do pull ups. Pretty fit in every other category, but just never learned how to do pull ups. We were constantly making fun of how he wouldn't be able to climb onto his wife if he couldn't even do one pull up. So by the end of training he was able to reach the lowest passable grade after all.

Checkups were more of a scary tale of officers to make standarts seem important. I only witnessed one such checkup in three years of serving in three different places. Honestly they'd pass the guy anyway if it was this one thing he couldn't do.

>>29450549
Nothing confirmed, no.

>>29450574
I guess they'd be a nuisance while running. But it'd be nice not at least try out.

>>29450580
As an actual organization? No. But many ex-KGB keep a tight connection and landed themselves cozy spots in government. At least from what I hear.

Sometimes it felt like a summer camp.
Some strict rules and some loose rules. When you're new you're obliged to follow everything. Once you've served for a while and learned the basics of everything, you get more and more lenience, provided you've the wits or charisma to bend rules. Officers moreso.
>>
>>29450322
How did you like the smersh?
>>
>>29450580
They turned into the FSB.

Same shit, different toilet.

They even celebrate the old State Security day for the FSB on the same day it was celebrated for the KGB, NKVD, and Cheka.
>>
File: 1364178470943.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1364178470943.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1000
>>29450735
You mean the boogieman of Stalin's times? That was way before me, I'm afraid.

>>29450603
Well it's not like we're using them. Hunting is not a widespread hobby outside of rural areas, and shooting 'for fun' is even less so.
Pretty sure original mosins aren't legal and have to be somehow modified. Not sure what, something about the barrel if I remember correctly. Or repros.

It does pain me how much cheaper they are in the US, especially considering that all prices of US seem unreasonable when converted to rubles.
>>
>>29450830
What do you think of Patriot Park? It sounds neat to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 450x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 450x449
What ethnicity are you and did you fight in the same divisions as other ethnicities? Was there affirmative action for Central Asians and Georgians?
>>
>>29450830
No no the motox smersh or whatever, your version of the ALICE belt and kit set.
Harness and pouches that hang at the waist
>>
File: Брат 2, фашист.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Брат 2, фашист.webm
2 MB, 720x480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zenKG9Bmpps

>>29450844
Haven't heard of it. Though looking it up made me want to visit it sometime. I live quite a way from Moscow.

>>29450868
Half Russian half Avar. Yeah, we had a whole bunch of guys from all sorts of places. Quite a few were ukrainians. Affirmative action?

>>29450889
Ah, not very gear savvy. If it's what I think you mean, it wasn't that bad. It'd dig into my ribs and make my back hurt eventually, could never get the tightness of clasps quite right.
>>
>>29450322
were you ever beaten or abused by your superiors?
how bad was hazing in general?
>>
>>29450889
>>29450889
Listen shit head he was in the soviet army, the Smerch carry system was created by SSO/SPOSN in the end of the 90's, well after the end of the soviet union...
So he can know about it..
. and Modox is the shities company you can find, they do only cheap copies of better companies.
>>
>>29451049
Movie? Also, Affirmative Action is basically where the government forces quotas into work places and they are forces to hire an x amount of certain diversities.
>>
File: 1406448364810.jpg (197 KB, 1186x456) Image search: [Google]
1406448364810.jpg
197 KB, 1186x456
>>29451141
Got into a few fights. Most of them ethnical. Damn, I haven't even started a majority of them. Some sand people just don't know where to quit and basically HAVE to be put into their place early on.
It wasn't some fabled torture camp of assfuckery and beatings, that's for sure. Honestly what few conflicts we have made the rest of the service that consisted mostly of mundane manual labor less boring.

>>29451246
Not that I've noticed, but I guess it would make sense to make what divisions you can almost exclusively Russian, and the rest of them mixed and matched about 50/50 with Russians and non-Russians.
Central asians, there were a few, just not in my particular group. Don't think we had a single Georgian in Germany, and I've lost track of which sand person was which ethnicity for the brief stay in Caucasus and Afghan.

It's nearly 6 am though we've had to bump up the clock one hour forward recently. I'll get back to this thread if it's still up tomorrow evening, probably.
>>
>>29451244
;_; stop yelling at me. I was only asking.
>>
>>29450322
Was sodomy and gay hazing for new conscripts a real problem? or was that just slander?
>>
>>29450322
how many cocks have you taken? how much money have you made for your CO so far?

>joking
>>
>>29450322
Ever dream about raping German girls?
>>
>>29451836
>>29451849
I think that was more of a post-USSR thing
>>
>>29451836
>>29451849
>>29451919
Just a thing, barring myself, virtually my entire family lives in Russia. We are glad to report we have personally not seen that stuff happen in the military.
>>
>>29451861
Not OP, but don't we all?
>>
>>29450444
That would make a good movie. Say Russia goes back to Afghanistan and ends up fighting his half brother our some shit.
>>
Your style doesn't look Russian. Post proofs or I'm going to assume you're a fat American faggot posting for the (you)s.
>>
>>29450322
I wonder, what's the general public's attitude towards the U.S.? Has it changed at all since Russia's assertiveness in syria showed them up?
Do you feel that the bellicosity of Russia is increasing as time goes on?
Do you see any chance for a warming of relations between the U.S. and Russia?
>>
>>29452088
There was an instance after a petition in the US called for the US to nuke Russia preemptively. In response, some Russians went around asking other Russians about doing the same to America.

>Some didn't care
>Most joked
>A few said we should bomb them with potatoes
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.