[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the ultimate survival blade. Prove me wrong. >cheap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: machette.jpg (101 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
machette.jpg
101 KB, 1000x1000
This is the ultimate survival blade. Prove me wrong.

>cheap
>resilient
>versatile
>>
>>29449158
>Prove me wrong
Proven
>>
maybe in the jungle yea? how are you gonna chop would with that? a hatchet would be much more useful
>>
>>29449188
When I was out camping with >>29449172
We used really big rocks to chop wood. The knife for cutting and trimming kindling and tinder.
>>
>>29449158
>>cheap
I never understood why that even factors in.
"In case I am in a life threatening situation, I want a nice inexpensive blade."
If I actually thought my life would depend on it, I'd sell my house to get good survival gear
>>
>>29449158
>Good at beheading
>>
>>29450264
>cheap
Cheap and inexpensive are used interchangeably and incorrectly all to often. Your average machete is going to be a perfectly adequate for everything you would actually need it to do.

>I'd sell my house to get good survival gear

Which would benefit you far less than spending it on survival training. You see the same shit on /out/ as you do in /arg/. All >29449172 does better than the OP is taking up less vertical space, parting people with money and being great at surviving shit you shouldn't be doing with a knife anyway. Big survival knives are excellent displays of CAN or SHOULD.
>>
File: Shovel wjq1.jpg (125 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
Shovel wjq1.jpg
125 KB, 1600x1600
>>29449158
>tfw my chink edged shovels chop through plants easier than my much sharper, but lighter weight machetes
Also, it does a ton of other useful stuff making it extremely versatile and decent at many jobs. I take these things everywhere, they come in handy far more often than I ever imagined when I first bought them.
I had to buy enough for the other people I work with on the farm too, my shovel kept disappearing and ending up in their trucks when I had only one.
>>
>>29449158
when your life depends on it do you really want cheap to be one of the selling points or characteristics.
>>
>>29450583
do you want something that can do everything your might do with it or would you rather it be able to do anything you do with it.
>>
>>29451001
I would rather you try to organize your words in such a way as to avoid saying the same thing twice.
>>
>>29451001
*do you want something that can do everything your might do with it or would you rather it be able to do anything you could possibly ever do with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>
>>29451305
I would rather the one that is actually good at it's intended job rather than the one that great at being an expensive half inch block of Swiss army knife of life. If I we're making a bear grylls movie directed by Michael bay and Lee David Zlotoff sure I would by something like a busse or grayman. But survival isnt about hammering your only blade into a cliff face to use as a climbing spike or batoning it through the trunk of sequoia, it's about being smart and using what you have in the smartest,most efficient , least reckless way possible.Not hoping your receipt saves your life
>>
>>29450591
Link to your shovel's store page?
>>
>>29451463
it can still be good at its intended job and being strong enough and made well enough to hold up to the worst abuse.

also, what a weird fucking analogy.
>>
>>29449158
That's not a seax
>>
>>29451562
Oh it's great at it's job, but it's job isn't to be a knife. To be fair I'm not arguing that it's isn't capable of cutting. You aren't supposed to be abusing things that your life depends on in the first place
>>
>>29451616
/thread
>>
File: 1459404804792.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1459404804792.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29451489
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Multi-function-Folding-Shovel-Emergency/dp/B00IJ46LKC
not that anon but
>reverse image search
>>
>>29451666
your missing the point, the entrenching tool wasnt meant to be a cleaver in the world wars but thats what the soldiers made it into. its not about what its meant to do is about what it can do. If i buy a gun and something happens and there is nothing to clean or oil it with, i would like it to keep on kicking for as long as possible. at .410 shotgun isnt meant to shoot 45-70 but it can. i like my things to be well built and tough.
>>
>>29449172
Nice dildo
>>
>>29453683
What's in that image?
>>
>>29449158
>survival blade
I'm sure it's pretty nice to kill people with.
>>
>>29453824
I'm not missing anything, I see this shit repeated ad nauseam in every other knife thread, here and elsewhere. Guys can promote pointy steel slabs as the go-go gadget sonic screwdriver deus ex knife all they want. I would too if I paid too much for something whenni want to use the wrong tool at the cost if time and effort
>>
>>29453923
There is literally no good way to explain the backstory of this...
>>
>>29454658
cosmoline noodles turned eldritch abomination/old god, by a fake russian, using semen blood magic.
>>
>>29450264
>if I actually thought my life would depend on it

That's the point, your life doesn't depend on it. Most people probably just want a blade to fuck around in the woods with. Unless there is a warning of imminent nuclear war or some other gear.
>>
>>29449158
Yeah.
There's a few different types which are great for multiple jobs, and are quite cheap.
>>
File: pool-noodle-300x300.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
pool-noodle-300x300.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
Pool noodles.
>>
>>29449158
>>
>>29456568
Oooooooooh fucking rekt op, parang chopper would also work
>>
File: P1070089.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1180) Image search: [Google]
P1070089.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1180
>>29451489
wjq-308.com
At least if you buy there, you have 3 years free replacement if literally anything goes wrong.
I used it once when the can opener got busted off on my original, they didn't even make me ship the old one back so I still use it to this day.
The black model was more just to collect it, I haven't found a use for the 9in mine probe yet, but it's cool.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.