[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alumahyde 2 / refinishing post your personal results
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: shot 5.jpg (1 MB, 3226x1217) Image search: [Google]
shot 5.jpg
1 MB, 3226x1217
Just got done refiniishing my 870 on the cheap with Brownells Alumahyde 2 and i really like how its turned out. What does /k/ think and post results of your own refinishing jobs
>>
>>29447696
That looks like the finish Mossman puts on their mariner 500s. Is that shit corrosion resistant? Like could you keep your shotgun on a boat And be good to go?
>>
>>29447711
Not a great idea. Pretty sure the Mariner line have all the internal parts coated as well.
>>
Too be honest prob not the best corrosion resistance but i wanted to do it super cheap ( ended up costing like 25$) and the alumahyde is def better than krylon
>>
>>29447766
Ah. Just wasn't sure

Does this stuff come in any other colors?
>>
Got the shotgun around 17 years ago when i was 13 from my grandfather and i was sort of a spoiled cunt back then and didnt take good care of it so it got some rust etc and all I had ever done to fix it was sand the rust off and started taking care of it. So the finish was pretty worn and shitty. This was just a cheap and easy fix atm.
>>
>>29447817
Yeh they have lots of colors I did mine in magpul fde. The others I saw were coyote , OD green , Black park grey and some others they have em at brownells if you wana look
>>
File: gay-gun-rights.jpg (50 KB, 633x272) Image search: [Google]
gay-gun-rights.jpg
50 KB, 633x272
gay
>>
>>29447696
What did you have to do for prep? Did you hang your gun from somewhere to paint it?
>>
>>29447951
Lite sanding , Removed one small rust spot then Dgreased and yeh hanged it in parts.
>>
also let it cure for 2 days did 2nd coat and let that cure for 7
>>
>>29448017
Nice. I might get some green and brown and camo one of my ARs
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.