[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say someone joins the Army on a three year contract
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: timberwolf-page-image.jpg (195 KB, 650x260) Image search: [Google]
timberwolf-page-image.jpg
195 KB, 650x260
Let's say someone joins the Army on a three year contract in an infantry role. They spend their three years training and go on a tour of duty somewhere and get some experience.

What are their job prospects after that? Will a PMC hire you? Can you join something like the French foreign legion? Do something in Africa? Or are you pretty much forced to do a law enforcement type job?
>>
>>29446973
/k/ would be better if there ere fewer dumb fucks like you.

I wouldn't mind advising you but you are blatantly fucking stupid.
>>
>>29446973
literally any of those you dumbfuck
>>
>>29447031
Well I've read conflicting opinions that you need to have got into something like CSOR/JTF-2 in Canada or SEALs/Rangers in the U.S. if you want to get hired for PMC work.

I'm asking because I was offered a job recently for the Canadian Forces but not as Infantry. I got offered IntOps and I know after 5 years I can get some interesting jobs with intelligence agencies worldwide, however...I love the idea of really operating.

10 days to accept/decline the offer so I'm trying to weigh my options and ask as many opinions as possible. I'd appreciate if you advise me.
>>
>>29446973
You want a good job after and seek 3 years in the infantry?

The answer is you do 4 hears and then use your GI Bill to get a degree. The pogs that brag about "muh job skills" are the ones who scored 70's or 80's on asvab and then gained a little experience in a job field.
>>
>>29447447
I'm Canadian so for infantry it's a 3 year contract minimum. IntOps is 5 years.

I already attended University for a couple years but lost interest. It's not for me. That's why I applied to the army.
>>
>>29447528
Then you're going to want a pog job that translates into a real job when you get out.

I was Infantry and am getting my degree. No one really wants to hire you except maybe a factory or something just being an infantry vet. There are no open positions back home for shooting at brown people.
>>
>>29447528
Then I hope you like flipping burgers or driving a forklift.
>>
>>29447074
Don't do it for future job prospects, do it because you want to.
>>
>>29447663
>There are no open positions back home for shooting at brown people.
Not even LAPD?

Also I don't think your chances of actually deploying as a Canuck are all that high.
>>
File: 2013-05-10-4_Prospects.jpg (155 KB, 700x355) Image search: [Google]
2013-05-10-4_Prospects.jpg
155 KB, 700x355
>>29446973
I think this thread should give you an idea of what life after infantry can look like.
>>
>>29446973
Alternatively, you can take your GI Bill gubnit dollarydoos, invest in your education, and become whatever the fuck you want.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.