[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blowguns for Guerrilla warfare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 450x238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 450x238
Could blowguns be used as an effective guerrilla weapon to obtain the weapons of enemy soldiers?

If so how can I make a guerrilla blowgun + darts?
>>
>>29446490
I used to make them as a kid, 25mm PVC conduit pipe, a long thin nail and a cone made of paper + sticky tape.
They're hard to use, pretty fucking useless past about 10m and would need a poison to do someone serious damage
>>
>>29446490

Only if you have really awesome poison.

Other than that something similar was used in that one assassination attempt with an air powered pellet gun hidden in an umbrella. Only really efficient in closer ranges.
>>
>>29446490
They are useless unless you have good poison.

They are really only good as a novelty to blow darts into a dart board.
>>
>>29446490
"what is that rustling in the bushes?"
"hey kid come out of there, we know you are in there"
"stop throwing those darts at us, you do know we have guns right?
>>
>>29446659
Yes, I know my question is autistic, but could I transmit my Aspergers in a poison?
>>
>>29447030
>this fucking thread
you already did faggot
>>
>>29447030
In a thread this retarded, i cant even tell if you're joking or not.
>>
>>29447071
>be me
>oppressed by dictator in Africa
>poison dart with my autism
>shoot dictator with dart
>dictator loses ability to properly communicate
>regime falls
>>
broadhead darts or nothing

They are a valid weapon, just like slingshots.
>>
>>29447116
>weaponised autism
4chan truly is a WMD now.
>>
>>29447133
Slingshots? Nah, unless you're Jorge Sprave. Slings? Hell yess. Loaded with molotovs or inprovised greandes of course.

>be me
>innafield, bongistan, 2025.
>fighting to spread the word of the phophet to the kufar.
>we have captured many weapons caches, and are all equipped with deadly spoons and butter knives.
>see movement a hundred meters away
>looks like a line of kufar fighters stepped out of the woods
>a hail of pig trotters rains down on our position
>we try to flee but are set upon on all sides by angry kufar wielding dragon dildos screaming "ave nex alea"

I have seen the future gentlemen
>>
>>29448002
>angry kufar wielding dragon dildos screaming "ave nex alea"
Can someone draw a patch? I mean seriously, please!
>>
I remember hearing about head hunters in new guinea using them against japanese patrols to great effect
>>
>>29448002
>Slings? Hell yess. Loaded with molotovs or inprovised greandes of course.
How could I forget about slings? I gotta put one in my SHTF stash. Nothing like flinging a molotov cocktail at something 150 yards away.
>>
>>29446490
I've had and used a 'Nothing Personell ... Kid' brand blowgun for about 2 years now. All I've ever used it for is pest control to keep rodents out of the garden. I can't see it being all that useful against people even with poison.
>>
>>29448095
Afaik blowguns aren't common in New Guinea, and neither are the poisons one needs to use them effectively. (Such as curare in south america) most New Guinean tribes have pretty good bows and often use elaborately carved barbed arrows against people.
>>
File: Pana (2).jpg (69 KB, 601x528) Image search: [Google]
Pana (2).jpg
69 KB, 601x528
>>29448002
>>29447133
Why not flechette slingshots instead like the ones Philippinos make?
>>
>>29448763
How does that even fucking work? Like an atl atl?
>>
>>29448784
>Flechette has a hook near tip.
>Hook the hook to the loop of slingshot.
>REMEMBER TO FLICK YOUR WRIST AS YOU LOOSE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLr3KbdMvgw
>>
File: uncle ruckus.jpg (101 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
uncle ruckus.jpg
101 KB, 960x960
>>29448784

Just put the dart in the sling, pull it way back, then launch it straight into your hand at point blank range

Seriously though I don't care how well the savages can use that thing, I'd rather throw a fucking rock than trust one.
>>
File: Abo.jpg (87 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Abo.jpg
87 KB, 450x300
>>29446490
Yup and that's what the aborigine trackers equipped themselves with when all the commonwealth troopers had Stens and SMLEs during the malayan emergency.

The trackers were given firearms before (they were given single shot shotguns like other locally-recruited militias), but they chose their trusted blowpipes and machete instead to remove gommies
>>
File: download.jpg (14 KB, 273x184) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14 KB, 273x184
>>29449141

What the more-sedentary folk armed themselves with
>>
File: download (1).jpg (11 KB, 256x187) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11 KB, 256x187
>>29449215
>>
>>29447071
inability to recognize humor is a sign of autism...
>>
>>29446490

Fuck niche weapons like that, just get a crossbow or compound bow.
>>
>>29449250
>Fuck niche weapons.
>Answer with niche weapons
>>
>>29449261

They are weapons proven on the battlefield. A crossbow is extremely powerful and you can aim it like a gun and since its a hit and run on a small patrol you don't need to worry about reload speed.
>>
Would nicotine be an effective poison for a dart?
>>
>>29447030
>cops looking for OP
>OP gets one with a sperg dart
>"y-you too..."
>>
>>29449354
Nein. Neither does snake poison (it degrades when exposed to air for relatively short amount of time).

The only good ones are either frog poison or saps from antiaris plant
>>
>>29449399
How about poison from puffer fish?
>>
>>29449354
Not sure. Concentrated nicotine is quite effective (apparently) but I'm not sure if its fast acting or potent enough to use with a dart
>>
>>29449409
Half an hour to kill. So no.
>>
>>29446490

If you're going with a low-tech projectile to fight your way to something more modern, I'd recommend a bow, unless you've got some neurotoxin handy.
>>
>>29446554
Ricin makes for a potent poison
>>
>>29449559
If you have 3 days to wait and the target doesn't know they've been poisoned. Then yes. Just coat it in fentanyl. Best case scenario target dies from an OD, worst case they are now suffering opiate side effects like respiratory depression and sleepiness, and are easier to kill by conventional means
>>
File: Y-you too.png (70 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
Y-you too.png
70 KB, 700x500
>>29449392
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.