[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underrated hack or over rated genius
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (329 KB, 922x692) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
329 KB, 922x692
Underrated hack or over rated genius
>>
if you have other guns, its cool for a laugh. but i wouldn't trust my life with it
>>
>>29445641
Despite being extremely ugly, I've heard they are pretty reliable. Also they were designed with the purpose of providing even the poor with the ability to defend themselves, which I would say is pretty respectable.
>>
>>29446104
Why are they so ugly though.
>>
>>29446104

The recoil spring needs to be taken down to a softer one, honestly I dont know why they have it so firm to begin with.

Its a consistent problem with lower power carts, the brass fails to eject.
>>
>>29446180
aren't most self defense rounds in the higher side of the power range of nine millimeters paratrooper?
>>
>>29445641
Pile of shit is a perfectly acceptable adjective for it.
>>
>>29446180
Because it has a 2.2 pound slide to slam home.
>>
>>29445641
The lowest tier at which you can make a functioning semi auto pistol and it function. Most jams are bad mags that they will replace. If you need a stow away gun or you are ramen noodle tier poor then buy it. Otherwise save more.
>>
>>29445641
If Slavs had created it, /k/ would love it. Reliable but ugly guns can't be made in America.
>>
>>29447274
You're right. But this thing is a fuck ugly monstrosity.
>>
>reliable
>affordable
>god tier customer service
>will last forever
There is no shame in owning a hi-point. It is however shameful to be so poor that a hi-point is all you can afford, but that is because being poor is rightfully shameful rather than a reflection of the guns quality.
>>
>>29447274

This.

Hi-Point firearms work. You can't post it here to show off what a cool little dude you are because the memesters will get mad at you, but you should have one if you can't afford anything else.

>inb4 buy a nugget instead ex deee

No, you useless fucking teenager. If you're living at your first apartment and your neighbors are getting rekt on purp and zanny barzzz then you should invest in reliable home defense. If nothing else, the hipoint .40 is an EXCELLENT trainer for full sized handguns and recoil management. It ain't pretty, it ain't fun, but it will cycle reliably and kill whatever absolutely has to be be killed.
>>
>>29447274
Because if Slavs had made it, it would feature wood and futurist-design points.

There's some guy who makes wood grips for Hi-Points, and it takes alot of the ugly factor away, especially on the 45 where everything is at least slightly more proportional than on the 9 and 40.
>>
>>29446104
>>29447307
>>29447363
if you could get one hi-point pistol (not carbine), what caliber would you get?

i get a feeling the .45, at 9rd std mag, would be the best choice: 1 round more than std mag h-p c9 and only 1 round less than extended mag h-p 9mm and h-p 40cal, which is the same capacity as a 1911 anyway.

aesthetics on the 45 (and 40, i think they're the same) look way better than the 9. the c9 looks fuckin goofy, but the 45/40 look mean imo

any difference in reliability amongst the diff calibers? maybe the 45 doesn't work as well in blowback design, since as far as i know that design is more suited for smaller caliber? if so, i'd just grab the 40 for the aesthetics and 10rd std capacity
>>
Random question nothing to do with thread

Is Kerosene safe to touch when cleaning my parts or do I need some gloves?
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 1279x717) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 1279x717
>>29446104
>I heard

This is the biggest problem against hi-points. Everyone talks shit about then, repeats fuddlore about them, how about you just fucking buy one and try it? I own a 9mm carbine (new style), and my first gun ever was a .40 problem solver. Fucking loved it! Why the fuck did I sell it? Because I was self-conscious about it. Nevermind that even being my first gun, I was putting holes in holes at 25 feet.
>>
>>29447479

For me it would likely be the .45, yes.

It's a reliable full-sized single stack defensive handgun that you can get a feel for heavy calibers with. Beyond that, the "WHUMP" noise these things throw down the range will make sure the entire building/block/neighborhood knows that the coked out Ethiopian that just tried to lift your TV got his head sifted.

Fun stuff aside, it's a great and reliable entry-level .45. You seem like a grown adult that isn't investing in a firearm for aesthetics or the approval of this increasingly worthless board, so you ought to trust your best personal judgement when you select your weapon. If you think the .45 is a good fit, grab it. Go to your LGS and feel them up, get familiar with the funky grip ergonomics, and decide there.
>>
>>29447492

Better safe than sorry, dude. Just grab a pair of latex-free nitrile examination gloves. A box of 60 is like 3 bucks and they don't leave you covered in powder and shit.
>>
>>29447479
The .45 looks mean as hell, and like I said, some guy online makes custom, sexy looking wood grips for the pistols (just look it up)

I like the 9, because it shoots well, and despite not being very concealable, it is smaller. .45 has 45 STRONK going for it. .40... Meh.

I know they have a .380 now though, and that's been getting my attention. I don't know how small it is, but possibly almost concealable.

All things considered I'd probably get the .45. You can modify 1911 magazines to fit in the gun! How neat is that! The same guy who makes the wood grips also sells a conversion kit with instructions, I can't remember his name though, and I've gotta go so you've gotta look it up
>>
>>29447499

I agree.. it's immature to listen to holier than thou brandfags and fudds. Use something because it works. My .45 carbine hasn't jammed yet with over 1500 rounds through it and that's shooting mostly steel cased and aluminium.

>>29446242

Do you own one or are just basing this off of what you hear from the local bubbas?
>>
>>29447534
I have the 45, Iv shot 700 rounds through it with no problems so far. Do you know what sight sells the wood grips? Iv seen other sites, but they look like cheap shit.
>>
>>29447582
http://thingmeister.yolasite.com/products.php

Found it! notice, near the bottom, a magazine catch so you can use 1911 magazines
>>
>>29447567
How is the accuracy on the .45 carbine at longer ranges? Anywhere from 50-75-100yds?

This is the only thing making me hesitant about getting the .45. The 9 is pretty accurate at longer ranges, and has 20 round reliable redball mags (not promags). The .40 should be accurate too, but has no possible extended mag capabilities. the .45 can be modified to take 1911 mags, including drums, but from what I hear, the bullet drop is real
>>
I suppose slav guns have something of a history and crudeness that makes it nicer, but that is all subjective, arguably the Hi-point is the mosin of the handgun world

reputation likely ruined due to gangs, aside from that, a reasonable gun for the low low price
>>
>>29447787

.45ACP begins to drop HEAVILY after 50yds, I don't normally shoot mine past that. Within that 50 the thing is a tack driver though. The recoil is so mild it's extremely easy to stay on target and get consistent bullseyes. I have nothing bad to say about mine though, i don't think I've ever cleaned it even after 1500+ rounds
>>
>>29447652
Thanks friend
>>
>>29445641
My father owns 2, a 9mm and a 40, the nice won't feed a whole mag, the 40 shoots 85% of the time. They're heavy, ugly, awkward, and aftermarket mags won't work. They're heavy to rack, and odd to hold. But they put holes in stuff.
>>
>>29448014
>>29448014
Cool, cool. Do you think the 45 is decent coming out of a rifle barrel? I was going to get the 9 since it flies farther, and +P should take off any lack of punch, and cheapo 9mm means cheaper to have fun with. But a big ol' 45 slug coming at you, that's gotta hurt.

Your thoughts? It's going to be my main gun, I only have a .22 single action revolver, a .22 little badger, and a single shot 12 gauge. So SHTF or home invasion, it's my go-to-gun.

I feel like something's going to happen this year, something bad, if not this year then soon. So I'd like to stockpile as much ammo as soon as I can, and 9mm is cheap as fug in bulk.

Your thoughts?
>>
>>29445641
They'll go bang when you pull the trigger and they only cost ~3 days of minimum wage pay. They exist as an equalizer. They're not good for target practice or competition, but if you need a gun it will work as advertised.
>>
>>29446104
>pretty respectable
>making it easier for Jamal and his homies to get lethal weaponry
>respectable
>>
>>29450203
>wanting to make defense more expensive or difficult for anyone to get
>pretending to be anything other than a bootlicking fascist

Get fucked faggot.
>>
>>29450257
This.

>>29450203
Trumped of fear of niggers with guns gave most modern gun control its inception. Criminals will always get guns, pays for them being the least likely way even if they are hi-point cheap. Normal people, especially poor people, must be allowed access to equally deadly weapons.

We should not be able to be pushed around by better armed gangs, whether that is a nigs or nazis or the US army.
>>
>>29447427
>wood grips

I have to admit, at least the wood grips look nice.
>>
>>29447492
Kerosene is fine to touch. Don't soak your hands in it for hours like you're getting a manicure done, but it's not going to give you a deadly case of hand cancer if that's what you're worried about.
>>
File: happy20customer-608.jpg (67 KB, 980x735) Image search: [Google]
happy20customer-608.jpg
67 KB, 980x735
>>29447427
>>29447582
>>29453508

Butterface.
>>
>>29447363
Well put.

Can I put my weiner in that smart ass (and) mouth of yours now?
>>
File: index.jpg (104 KB, 1414x796) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
104 KB, 1414x796
>>29449800
For some reason I find the concept of a .45ACP shot out of a rifle barrel appealing, I've always liked the round's rich history and reputation for stopping power (which has sort of waned a bit in the past decade), add that to a reliable, affordable, practically recoiless carbine made here in my home state of Ohio and that's why I found it so appealing. As for cost of ammo, I didn't take that into much consideration. I buy 50 round boxes of Federal Aluminum at Wally World for 14.99 and I've never had a problem out of the carbine or muh 1911. I do however keep a spare mag of Hornady XTP +P for home defense.. I wouldn't have any qualms at all about getting the 9. As a .45 fanboy, I admit the 9mm is a more practical round at the end of the day especially in a hollow point +P loading, and not to mention the decent price and availability. I think you're making a decent choice whether you go for the 9 or the .45. I honestly don't care or know too much about the .40 S&W. I do know that all 3 will hurt someone if placed correctly. Pic related- the 1911
>>
File: 4595.jpg (87 KB, 1414x796) Image search: [Google]
4595.jpg
87 KB, 1414x796
>>29448014

Here's another pic, sorry about the quality
>>
>>29453691
That's a sexy piece, thanks for the advice! I do think all in all right now, I'm gonna get the 9, although people do have a tendency to get the other calibers too, since they're so cheap and all.

>>29453551
>using the 9mm handgun

The proportions are off. The 45 is just long enough to where it has less of that big forehead look, if guns had foreheads.

This is Thingmeister Fabrication's wooden grips on the 45, tell me that doesn't look like 50% better.
>>
File: image.gif (626 KB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
626 KB, 500x220
http://youtu.be/KjQk244oW9c

It's a serious workhorse with a small amount of tweaking
>>
It's refreshing to see a constructive Hi-Point thread for once
>>
>>29454197
That's pretty sexy, not going to lie.
>>
Why the fuck would you get custom grips if they are just as smooth (slippery) as the stock ones?

I've YET to see (non-niggered) checkered grips for these things.
>>
>>29447479
>>29447499
I heard on /k/ long ago that you can re-chamber a .40 hi-point in 10mm with no problems as the slide is durable enough to take the extra pressure
Yes/No?
I think it would be fun for babbys first 10mm
>>
>>29454924
Only ever seen one done. Probably could use 10mm 1911 mags.
>>
>>29454933
neat
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.