[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /k/, /v/ here looking for a little advice for a newbie to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: red_cupcake.png (19 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
red_cupcake.png
19 KB, 128x128
hey /k/, /v/ here looking for a little advice for a newbie to firearms. I wouldn't say im the best, but im pretty decent and FPS and im looking to start approaching actual real guns and shooting. what kind of guns should I get? are there any kinds of cool special ammo clips like bolas or incendiary ammo that are obtainable by public?

Basically i need help learning how to get into the hobby. Any advice is welcomed and appreciated.

pic unrelated. a cupcake for your trouble, thanks!
>>
File: sr22.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sr22.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
Greetings, /v/irgin. You might want to start with .22 LR assuming it's available in your area. Maybe something like pic related.
>>
>>29443998
>that plastic frame
>that soft rubber handle
>that red spot
That gun looks kinda like a toy. Is this bait?
>>
>>29443998

Not OP and purely hypothetical, but what if 22lr isn't available for whatever reason?
>>
>>29443998
OP if you seriously buy one of those you're just wasting your money. Ruger is unreliable. You need a glock brand glock or a highpoint (which is pretty cost efficent)

>inb4 muh highpoint
If you aren't such a goddamn monkey with it you can actually get a lot of use for your value. most people that buy them are fucking nigs and have no respect for their firearm so highpoint has gotten a lot of unwarranted flac.
>>
>>29444020
Obviously that means the Fudds came through in a mighty Fudd migration and bought all the bricks from the local stores. Muh, "It keeps spinning in the skull and inflicts massive damage!" meme got the best of them. In that case, maybe look at something in 9mm? That's the next logical step up.

OP, are you thinking handgun or long-gun? And what do you intend to do with it?
>>
>>29443956
get a cheap .22lr and, if you have money left over, get any pump action 12 gauge. they tend to be pretty indestructible.

make sure to learn your gun safety. if where you live has an arms code like here in NZ, read it over a couple times.

have fun, be safe, and learn to hate cheap polymer.
>>
>>29444020
go for a cheap, small caliber that is widely available. its basically common sense.
>>
>>29444066
I want to learn how to shoot in real life. im thinking I want to get good at it and if Im actually pretty damn good (which I like to think I could be with some practice) maybe go competitive and do tournaments for money to suppliment my income. So, very long term.
>>
>>29444066
>>29444101
oh, you said long gun.

Uh, I'd like to try the revolver, shotguns and a sniper rifle. maybe an ak47 since those look like fun. any reccomended brands for starters?
>>
File: 1455898143083.jpg (50 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1455898143083.jpg
50 KB, 320x240
>>29444019
>Comes to /k/ seeking wisdom.
>/k/ advises.
>Accuses us of trolling.
>Doesn't even Google the gun to see if it is legit.
Pic related.
>>
>>29444107
unless you plan on putting your weight in lead through your gun every day, thats pretty unlikely, OP. even if you have a great amount of natural talent, it takes a lot of practice. and remember that ammo, while seemingly cheap, ends up costing you pretty harshly in the long run, especially if your're practicing relentlessly
>>
>>29444124
I'm sorry if I've wronged you, its just that that gun looks fake and with the logos slapped on it I wasn't sure if you were memeing or not.
>>
>>29444138
look, dude. lurk more. come here for a while and you'll pick up on whats decent.
>>
>>29444152
I can't really lurk that much friend, I need to get a gun tomorrow in the morning. thats why im here asking.
>>
>>29444124
to be fair, that is a pretty shit 22lr handgun compared to a buckmark or a mark II/III
>>
>>29444161
whats your price range?
>>
>>29444152
Don't listen to guys like this, OP. They treat this board like some kind of secret club because of their elitism in guns. Don't take them personal, theyre just paranoid of people (hence why they cling so tight to guns)

Gun shooting isnt cheap but if you pick wisely and actually care about what youre doing you can practice the art pretty inexpensively. ive been shooting for over a year now and the most ive spent was fourty bucks at the gun range and that was because i decided to stay there all day.

If you reload your own ammo you can save money too because reloading is relatively cheap for the materials and isnt too hard to do. google up some guides on how to do it. even if you dont shoot you can reload ammo and make money off of it since its a profitable business. Easiest way is to go to a gun range and collect the casings that people just leave around since most people dont want them.
>>
>>29444161
You mean you want to get a gun tomorrow morning, which you'll end up regretting because you didn't do enough research.

Get a bolt action rifle in .22 or .17 hmr. Savage, Ruger, Marlin all make decent ones.
Or a Ruger 10/22
>>
>>29444205
this, op. ruger 10/22 is tried and tested. very popular. a great starter rifle.
>>
File: getout_cop.png (2 KB, 166x150) Image search: [Google]
getout_cop.png
2 KB, 166x150
>>29444202
Wait. Did you just suggest to OP to go and pick up other peoples' brass at the range, reload it with no prior gun experience outside of video games, and then sell it and start a business?
>>
Highpoint is a great cheap brand. I've had my 9mm carbine for nearly 15 years, if you treat it well it will be fine. but yeah if you can get it .22lr or I recommend 9x19 Parabellum rounds... Like the aforementioned Highpoint carbine.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.