[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Springfield M1A
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: m1a.png (234 KB, 1200x306) Image search: [Google]
m1a.png
234 KB, 1200x306
Just got back from my LGS and checked this thing out. Why does it cost almost $2000 dollars? What am I missing here
>>
You're getting fucked. It's listed at $1200 on Springfield's website.
>>
>>29443726
Nostalgia.
>>
>>29443764
kek really? this gun store does not have competitive pricing then. It's one of only two in my area though so maybe that's how they can get away with it
>>
>>29443726
Because the old guys that buy them will pay that much.
>>
If you were considering a $2k M1a, then do the right thing and get a good semi-auto M14 from LRB or better yet Fulton. Springfield M1a is M1aids.
>>
>>29443831
Yup, and I think Springfield is the only manufacturer too.
>>
>>29443878
Fulton makes better quality ones but they start at $2600.
>>
Lack of competition. AR15s can be found for a couple hundred because everyone and their mom makes them. When it comes to M14 repros there are really only 4 manufacturers.
>>
>>29443875
Fulton's look nice, but damn they're even more expensive. That looks like a great birthday present idea for down the road, assuming someone wants to spend that much on me
>>
>>29443929
They are worth it. Forged receiver, USGI spec parts. Accuracy is about a good as you can get from an M14 without spending stupid amounts on parts and work.
>>
Springfields really aren't bad guns if you buy one made before 2000 or so. You'll get a lot of USGI parts and it'll still have the no-questions-asked factory warranty. Still in the $1100-1300 range too.

The warranty is amazing on these things. You can take a 30-year-old gun that was blown up with bad reloads and they'll fix it or replace it for free.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.