[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck bitches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Starting an armed security job soon and I need a bulletproof vest. I'm pretty much guaranteed to get shot at by gangbangers with cartel connections. Should be pretty fun.

I'm having a hard time deciding what threat level to get. A lot of people say IIIa is too heavy/bulky (and it does get hot af here) but I want a good amount of protection. Or should I just say fuck it and get rifle plates?
>>
if you know you're going to get shot at you're going to want the most you can get. if by cartel you mean they are going to shoot at you with rifles that means getting plates too
>>
>>29442676
>>>/r/asianmasculinity/
>>
>>29442696
I'm only slightly exaggerating but I wouldn't rule out rifles. It's mostly going to be meth dealers based on the areas I've worked unarmed so far. They say the armed ones are always the worst places and I've worked some pretty bad unarmed ones...
>>
>>29442676
If by gangbangers with cartel connections you mean beans in a ghetto get a level III. If by gangbangers with cartel connections you mean border-beans or proper mexishit get a IV. Good luck
>>
>>29442676
Plate carrier with front and back SAPI plates and kevlar inserts.

Don't get an IOTV or some dumb shit, most of the kevlar on an IOTV gets taken off (its buttoned on) and leaves only as much protection as a plates carrier - front and back The only pro to it is having your kit webbed onto your IOTV itself.

So yeh plate carrier and 7.62 ball protection SAPI plates. Side plates if you really wanna be safe but not really necessary, nobody in my platoon even uses them I'm Afghanistan.

What is going to save you is cover and concealment. More so cover. That's what ya need to survive and if you don't have them you won't last long.
>>
>>29442676
get the highest level you can, being in the exact same boat I would not wear plates rated any less than what I wore in Afghanistan.

People who say it's too heavy/bulky aren't really saying that. What they're saying is that they don't actually care about ballistic protection. Think about that. Get the highest rating you can and deal with it, that's the entire point.
>>
>>29442676
Also invest in a bodycam and stun gun, then get the training for the stun gun. Our guys at the posts that have shootings swear by these two pieces of gear, for the 80% of their job that requires shitty person interaction outside of hearing gunshots. At that type of post you WILL need them.

Also, make sure your baton is an ASP so you can fall back on their free legal defense program.
>>
>>29442676
Maybe look at a modular set up.

Does the armor need to be concealed?
>>
I'm surprised so many of you are recommending actual plates. I'm not sure if I want to go that far though, might not be worth the spinal compression.

>>29442885
I'd prefer it to be. I kind of want to wear it for no reason around town if it's cool enough.
>>
File: alottedtacodog.jpg (15 KB, 600x295) Image search: [Google]
alottedtacodog.jpg
15 KB, 600x295
>>29442676
Is this the type of job that If I ask and you told me you'd have to come to my house bend me over and have your way with me so I don't tell anyone?
>>
>>29443589
No? It's just a typical security job but people in the company have been shot/shot at.
>>
>>29442676
Which security company do you work for?
What state are you at?
Do you need a kevlar helmet?

Im hail from Commiefornia, worked 10 months with Securitas unarmed and no body armor. The last 6 months I've been with a smaller local family security guard company thats been around since the mid 1980s. But its better than Securitas because I know do wear body armor, baton, OC spray, authorized to carry a pistol in .40 only., plus I got my first aid/CPR/AED cert., and taser.
>>
>>29442720
>meth dealers

Just go work for some company securing government assets.
Meth people are crazier than Norkie counter intel assholes, that's for sure
if you die doing that, at least you have piece of mind you didn't die from some untermensch drug addict.
>don't ask how I know I can't tell you, but I can tell you that much.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.