[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/. I wanted to buy a shitty fucking mosin and join your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
Hey /k/. I wanted to buy a shitty fucking mosin and join your ranks now that I have the disposable income, but it turns out that glorious leader has banned the import, so the price has tripled and the ammo is no longer economical. Are there any reasonable alternative bolt actions that are cheap to buy, cheap to shoot, and are easily operable by a simpleton such as I?
>>
>>29440253
>mosin
>banned
>hurr durr king nigurr

fuck off newfag
>/pol/
>>
>>29440300
I'm just trying to find a fun gun that won't break the bank now that I have friends who shoot. A couple years ago I could've had my pick from like 60 mosins for next to nothing at Cabela's. Cabela's guy working the firearms section told me that non-sporterized are going to be find to find at a decent price anymore because of the executive order preventing import.

also
>implying /pol/

At least /fit/ isn't the only board that has to deal with this shit.
>>
AR 15, and as many 30rd mags and m855 as possible.
>>
>>29440439
Cabelas guy is a fucking idiot
>>
>>29440506
>overpriced amerishit
>good

Choose one and only one
>>
>>29440564
Would you listen to a faggot communist like this lady?
>>
>>29440531
How so? I will fully admit to a lack of knowledge on the firearms market, but the mosins online are running for triple what they were in local shops 2.5 years ago.
>>
>tfw bought a Mosin right before the prices went up last year
Feels good man
>>
>>29440439
If you're balking at the current price of Mosins then you probably don't have much disposable income.
>>
>>29440596
You're misunderstanding the firearms market. Mosins aren't overpriced right now, they were massively underpriced years ago due to massive surplus.
>>
>>29440609
>getting a good deal on a pile of shit

what a fortunate turn of events for you
>>
>>29440641
I have the income, I'm just a bit miserly. Still, any recommendations for a cheap bolt action that's going to spend 99% of its life as a decoration piece, and the other 1% killing targets made of paper and gel?
>>
>>29440439
>>29440596

Thats because the people selling them for $120 because they bought a palette for $30 a rifle are out of $120 rifles. Same reason SKS prices have gone up.

The Soviets made millions of those fucking rifles and their former satellites sold them for dirt cheap. That supply is gone so now you aren't getting the bulk discount. Go look up how much Mausers and Enfields cost if you wanna see what WW2 surplus rifles run you for.
>>
>>29440718
I'm surprised they would dump them that low and they move so quickly. The firearms market is fucking weird.
>>
>>29440253

You can still find Mosin Nagants under $250.
>>
>>29440691
>decoration piece
>being noguns at any income level
honestly if you've spent years of your adult life without seeing a fairly immediate reason to own a some sort of firearm you're not /k/ material
since you haven't stated any real usage just buy a ruger american in .308 or 30-06. you probably won't be shooting it much anyway.
>>
>>29440439
>I'm just trying to find a fun gun that won't break the bank

A maverick 88 or mossberg 500 are incredibly good choices and can shoot cheap game loads to real shit like buckshot and slugs.
>>
>>29440691
1. Sporterized milsurp
2. bolt-action shotgun
3. used bolt action in .22lr.
>>
Also like any scumbag people want to profit so they mark shit up by 120%
>>
>>29440895
Not much value in owning a firearm if your residence, and two miles in every direction of it, are no gun zones. Dorms are shit, is what I'm getting at.
>>
>>29441023
>I want to bring my gun near a school even thought I know probably nothing about safety and maintenance!
Fucking christ
>>
>>29441023
Anon seriously if 400-500 dollars is out of your budget I would just wait.
Side note, you can pick up a BNIB marlin bolt .22 and 500 rounds for like 200$.
>>
You can still join the /k/ club with an SKS. They are fine rifles.
>>
>>29441104
>Assumptions
I've owned a couple of .22 rifles for plinking, and I graduated, and moved 100 miles away from the university. Learned the maintenance lesson the hard way too, had the bolt of my childhood rifle rust up beyond repair.
>>
>>29441208
what's done is done I suppose.
I stand by my recommendation of a ruger american rifle if you really want a cheap bolt-action, although I would highly recommend just building a cheap AR. just a better choice as a one-rifle-for-everything situation.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.