[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nazi victory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Could the Nazi's have won the war in Europe, assuming the U.S. didn't intervene? Pic related, weird superweapons aside, they did create some impressive firsts.
>>
>>29440161
>after Dec. 5th, 1941?
No.
>>
File: 1457230504644.jpg (174 KB, 1000x649) Image search: [Google]
1457230504644.jpg
174 KB, 1000x649
They would have definately had a better chance if they had the stg44 fielded much earlier.
>yfw Normandy landings with the Germans using stgs
>>
^ No shit bro. That's what he's asking.

They certainly could have. Their major mistake was destroying a huge portion of their army for a symbolic victory in a city instead of essential oil fields in Russia.
>>
>>29440180
>>29440186

There's a reason I assumed no intervention by the U.S. Our industrial might was far too strong for them to endure given the conditions that occurred.
>>
File: 3453664342.jpg (62 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
3453664342.jpg
62 KB, 600x800
>>29440161
OUT!
>>
>>29440395
that worm looks like poop
>>
>>29440161
>serious steel shortage
>create entirely stamped steel weapon
>gunpowder shortage
>create fastest firing machinegun known at the time
>fuel shortage
>develop jet engine

No, after a certain point they were bound to lose regardless of technology
>>
>>29440395
>>29440429

The worm does look like poop. And not bait, I'm actually curious to see how the Second Great War would have looked with no America in the picture.
>>
>>29440445
Don't forget how their scientists laughed off the idea of atomic weapons as fringe science.
>>
>>29440161
No. Hitler was an amateur.
>Amateurs talk about tactics, but professionals study logistics."
- Gen. Robert H. Barrow, USMC (Commandant of the Marine Corps) noted in 1980
>>
File: sf17.jpg (21 KB, 620x327) Image search: [Google]
sf17.jpg
21 KB, 620x327
>>29440186
I'm sorry, anon, but no single infantry weapon is going to change the tides of a war unless it is dramatically more advanced. STG wasn't and even if it was, german infantry tactics were based around bolt action rifles and machine guns.
>>
>>29440507
Yeah, I think that better logistics would have made the Nazis a far more capable force.
>>
If by US didn't intervene you mean no lend-lease in addtion to no US combat presence, then yes, Germany would have won.
>>
>>29440161
>No strategic bombing of German manufacturing
>No aid to allied powers
They would've stood a much better chance, that's for sure. Wouldn't be so worried about acquiring caucasian oil with control of Africa.
>>
The Nazis DID win the war in Europe.

Only the UK was left standing. They held alone for 11 months and 28 days before Russia was invaded and lend-lease began.
>>
>>29440449
The Axis powers get their shit pushed in by the Soviets and Brits. No. Matter. What.
>>
I think this belongs on /pol/

Anyways, I think if the United States didn't step in the Nazis wouldve had a much easier time taking Europe.
>>
>>29440632
I wanted an actual discussion on tactics, strategy, etc; not shitting on Jews and Blacks
>>
>>29440212
That date has nothing to do with America entering the war (which was 5 or 6 days later, per Hitler's declaration of war), and everything to do with the Soviet counter stroke that pushed German positions back from Moscow.

Not capturing Moscow in 1941 sealed Germany's eventual defeat.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.