[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti-Poaching Squad Update #3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: poacher caught.jpg (290 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
poacher caught.jpg
290 KB, 1280x720
Update #3.

The NPO paperwork is being filed this week or next in South Africa.

Incorporation in the U.S. being filed next week.

I've begun organizing the video I'd like to use for the gofundme/indiegogo fundraising campaign. I have hours and hours of it.

I'm giving some thought to buying a house in the eastern cape to act as a base of operation and a place for rangers to bunk in downtime/off days. Property in South Africa is really cheap compared to U.S. standards. For total disclosure, I'd buy this house with personal fund and rent it back to the NPO just below market rate.

My SAPS detective friend has been building a list of other wildlife crimes detectives and recently retired detectives who would be willing to work for our operation while it gets off the ground and gets moving.

My brother in law has procured two Nissan Patrol trucks. They need some work, which he is doing now. One will be 100% field use, the other will be decked out in logos and will serve more in marketing, sales, and admin capacity. I got a really good deal on the trucks due to the dollar being so strong.

I've found an FGASA instructor who is willing to come to us, in South Africa, and provide the field practical needed for our rangers to obtain the level one field guiding certification. Rangers would need to study on their own or take an online class before getting to South Africa.

I think that about sums it up for update #3. If you're interested in the previous thread/discussion, here you go:

https://desustorage.org/k/thread/29359173/
>>
>>29439591
So its happening for real now?
>>
>>29439591
Wait. I've seen a few of these threads but never actually looked to see what was happening.

Are you all serious? You're making a /k/ wildlife protection squad?
>>
I don't know whether this is magical or dreadful
>>
>>29439591

What's the deal here? Can I bring an AK and kill black people in Africa?
>>
>>29439634
No
>>
>>29439644

Do I get to shoot anybody? Am I being shot at?
>>
>>29439634
Well, we knew it was coming.

Can't wait for some nutter to rape some random African before shooting her kids and then hearing on /k/ about how it was all her fault
>>
>>29439644

Also, what's the stipend? I make $960/month now.

26 and in good physical shape.
>>
>>29439655
No.
>>
>>29439656
In some pockets, 45% of the population has HIV/AIDS. Raping anyone is never a good idea and it's always totally illegal and it's a really bad idea where they're a near 1 in 2 chance of raping someone with HIV/AIDS.

Oh did I mention that the people of SA like to exact street justice for sex crimes.
>>
>>29439644
Then what the fuck is being protected you leftist cuck? I'm not going to Africa to tell niggers with Ak's "please don't do that Mr.Black man we're all equal and...." *buttstroke to the throat*

They'll kidnap you and rape the feminine /k/ guys over and over and give you HIV and they'll call your parents for a randsome and they'll still kill the animal.

And we just gave them new trucks to make it easier to.
>>
>>29439671
Stipend would be $300-$400 per month. You will not have housing, transportation, or food costs. So that amount of money actually goes pretty far there.
>>
What if I have no military training and just want to protect animals?
>>
>>29439720

What about weapons? As >>29439704 not-so-kindly put it, those guys over there aren't your typical southern farm boys stealing shit. This is posted in /k/ so I'm assuming guns are relevant.

I'm assuming you're looking for police/military types as opposed to environmentalists with guns?
>>
>>29439776
Yes, we will have armed rangers as well as non-field intel gathering positions. There are different types of poachers poaching different things.

Plants
Reptiles
Aquatic life
Birds

are all things that can be poaches for illicit purposes.
>>
>>29439591
So what's the situation with guns? Is there a recommended gun for everyone to have, and I'd assume we bring our own. Any regulations as far as guns are concerned?
>>
>>29440063
That will be taken care of in country. While importing a firearm is not generally an issue it can be with semi auto firearms.
>>
Fuck. I feel like this is something I'd really love to do, but I make $110k a year and don't want to give that up.
>>
>>29439815
>intel-gathering positions

Go on.

Also, to anybody interested here is the link to a Rhodie that teaches tracking in the U.S.

http://www.trackingoperations.com/david-scott-donelan.html
>>
>>29440323
Anti-poaching operations are more than just guys in the veld with guns. Finding out who the players are, tracking their movements, finding out how they're funded, how they're selling their poach. That is where the real work is done.
>>
>>29440620
How many guys typically work that side of the operation? I imagine its only a few.
>>
>>29440645
For every one in the field there are going to be two that aren't. The intel is what makes the difference.
>>
>>29440687
Awesome, thats something I could definitely get behind.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.