[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Acceptable US pricing for a mosin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: nuggets.png (519 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
nuggets.png
519 KB, 600x400
I can't find anything below 175, and that's on Armslist/Gunbroker. What would be considered an acceptable price for a mosin nowadays? LGS don't typically stock them for whatever reason, but I haven't recently visited any gun shows and seen their pricing.
Preferably non-mutilated, sporterized mosins are shit tier.
>>
>>29438583
bout $175
>>
>>29438583
$250. Next year it'll likely be higher.
>>
>>29439031
What happened with Mosin prices? I hear about people buying dozens for less then 100 a pop.
Did something with imports change that I didn't hear about, or is the Ukraine deal still fucking with supply?
>>
>>29439156
They finally ran out. They won't go much above $200 because they aren't worth that much but they will eventually completely run out of Mosin-Nagants and then the ammo will start to trickle off and that will be it.
>>
>>29438583
Cabela's by me has them for $180. That means they are worth $150.
>>
>>29439168
RIP.
Don't some companies manufacture new ammo? I'd hate to buy a cheap gun and have ammo prices rise to 75c/rd.
>>
>>29439168
Ammo got fucking expensive. I was on gunbot and struggled to find prices below 40cpr when not even over a year ago surplus was 20cpr.

Unless Russia dumps 7.62x54r for something else and we get all their excess, I think we are looking at the end of the Mosin and honestly the end of WWII milsurp.
>>
>>29438583
just picked one up for $220... the ammo is what's expensive at $.33 a round and rising

no longer the cheapest milsurp out there
>>
>>29439180
They have Russian surplus still floating around, new manufacture Tula, Red Army Standard and a few other "new manufacture" surplus brands. Sellier & Bellot, Winchester and a few others make new manufacture brass. PPU comes to mind for cheap brass ammunition.

They are around but the days of dirt cheap .10 a round surplus are long gone. I still have some left in a sealed spam can and that will more than likely stay put for the rest of time.
>>
>>29438583
Just assume that you'll pay $220-250 for one after paperwork, tax, or anything else. And assume anything less is a good deal, and remember that in spite of the "market value", the seller still has to make a living too.
>>
>>29439156
The Ukrane decided maybee it wasnt in their best interests to be supplying burgers with cheap rifles and ammunition.
>>
>>29439259

It's just 'Ukraine' fyi, there isn't a 'the'
>>
>>29439209
There is still WW2 milsurp, it is just harder and harder to find people willing to part with it.

The United Nations is dumping a lot of money to have countries demolish their "Surplus" munitions because in the mind of "International Relations" majors and professors there should be no surplus arms or ammunition.

Of course, imports have been weak since 2004.
>>
So, is the SKS worth it, then?
I know it isn't fantastic and doesn't really stand out besides being cheap, but ammo is plentiful and the gun itself appeals to me.
Price is the primary factor, but longevity is a close second and expensive ammo would get really annoying really quickly.
>>
>>29439214
Name a cheaper rifle&ammo combo.
>>
>>29439275
If you want a russian gun, then you might as well skip the sks and go straight for a cheap AK. check the general for info/pricing on them because I'm not into them personally.

A Mosin for $175 is a steal at the moment, if you actually see one that cheap, and want one, then jump on it. $200 is still kinda worth it, sorta, a little.

The thing is, the rifle is cheap, and the ammo is cheap. But if you're shooting at a range, then the "surplus" (aka, tula/wolf/red army/spam cans/generic white box) ammo is steel cased, and I'm pretty sure the rounds themselves are bi-metal as well, so a lot of ranges won't let you shoot it. Also a lot of it is corrosive (the genuine surplus that is). So you'll probably end up buying new brass ammo to shoot anyways, which is likely going to be one of the Privi Partisian variants, which negates the whole "cheap ammo" thing anyways.

At this point, the only reason to buy a mosin is if you specifically want a mosin for what it is, rather than how much it costs.
>>
Forget the nugget, its days are numbered. Might as well buy a Mauser
>>
>>29439422
AR/5.56. Seriously just go get a PSA special, doesn't even matter if it's mystery meat so long as you don't break $575 cost and you can just shoot and have fun without worry.
>>
>>29440056
Thats not even close to being cheaper
>>
>>29438583
days of cheap mosins are over. i think the actual cost for one is much closer to 300. i overpayed for one at a gun show like an idiot, and classic has them for 299 now.
>>
>>29438583
I got an all-matching 1944 today for $250 with a bayonet. All of the mosins they had were that price for whatever reason, regardless of condition.

This was in CA though, so of course everything's expensive as shit.
>>
>>29439168

Finally. Mosins are like the Yugo of the gun world. They're cheap, they work ok, but they're ugly as shit and their owners are all cunts.
>>
>>29439180
>>29439209
Actually bought a spam can of nugget food today that was about 25c/r. 27c/r if you factor in taxes.

(P.S. fuck my 9% sales tax)
>>
File: DSCF1512.jpg (3 MB, 4288x3216) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1512.jpg
3 MB, 4288x3216
I'm currently selling a Mosin M38 that comes with an archangel stock and 400 rounds of milsurp for $600, I've had multiple emails and have a guy coming to shoot it this weekend.

Lol, bought the M38 years ago for $150 and even then I thought I was paying too much, now people are willing to give up to $400 for one.
>>
>>29439566

Why don't ranges allow steel?

I've wondered this for years but always felt too dumb to ask until now
>>
>>29443105
My old range used to scrounge people's brass to reload and sell to customers, which they couldn't do with the steel. Their reloads they sold fucking sucked too.
>>
>>29443105
Steel lights fires.
This is why tse had been shut down for rebuilding for a year.
>>
This might be a completely retarded question, but how come nobody makes new nuggets if the design is so popular? It's a hundred years old so clearly patents aren't an issue.
>>
>>29443158
>>29443132

Didn't know about fires. Thought it might have something to do with them not being able to do reloads but that seems like such a jew thing to do.
>>
>>29443182
Shot targets leave a lot of loose paper lint. The hot core or jacket from steel bulletd can easily this lint. They also tend to be harder on backstops.
>>
>>29443176
It would actually take a lot of machining to make a nugget, they are cheap because Soviet Russia pumped them out like trailer park babies.

Stuff like the Savage Axis and other cheap savages are the Mosins of today.
>>
>>29444113
>$368 MSRP for a new .30-06
Huh. You weren't kidding about the Axis being cheap.
>>
>>29444157
I've seen the 5.56 ones go for as low as $299 with a cheap scope. I hear they aren't bad rifles either, decent triggers and good accuracy.

Why anyone would waste money on Mosins these days is a mystery, for the price you could just shoot 5.56 out of a lighter rifle with a better trigger and easily mount optics.
>>
>>29444285
Word of mouth. Anyone that so much as hovers over a link to /k/ has heard of cheap Mosins, but not as many people have heard of the Axis.
>>
>>29439566
It's not 'Privi Partisian' it's 'Prvi Partizan'.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.