[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apology for poor knowledge How does into ownership of a Commando?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: V100commandoHAUGH1.jpg (79 KB, 660x648) Image search: [Google]
V100commandoHAUGH1.jpg
79 KB, 660x648
Apology for poor knowledge

How does into ownership of a Commando? What are the expected costs associated with amphibious armored vehicles? Can you register it for the road if you disarm it?
>>
Try saying what country you live in first
>>
There aren't any laws in the us.

As long as it's plated and has lights it's road legal. But commandos a expensive as hell.

Start with some British stuff
A Saracen, Humber or ferret.
>>
>>29437855
I know things are supposedly road legal once they're plated, but in order to get plated they need a VIN and insurance.
>>
>>29437874
I always wonder what it's like for those privileged few who've actually tagged and titled their armored car when they call State Farm for a quote.

>No, I don't think you have it in your database... look, it weighs like 11 tons, alright?
>What do you mean, "high risk of rollover," it's supposed to shrug off mortar shells.
>Color? Uh, it's several colors. No, that IS the original color. Fuck, I guess it's like three shades of green with black and brown.
>Well of course it doesn't have 10mph bumpers, didn't I say something about mortar shells earlier?
>>
>>29437947
Where do Securitas companies insure their armored cash transporters? Or will they just use the chassis designation they're built on, like a Ford Super Duty? In that case you could maybe simply call the Commando a deuce and a half for the insurance.
>>
>>29437809
Look at BRDM2s instead, they're cheaper.
>>
>>29437874
This is correct. You need a vin first.

Some of the places that sell such things can help you through the process of getting a vin

Or call your local highway patrol or dmv.
>>
>>29438030
I imagine there's probably a company that specializes in insuring bank cars. I mean, there's more than a few for classics and collectors, and I know there's plenty of industrial and business-only insurance agencies out there.
>>
>>29438048

And better.
>>
>>29438053
I had something American in mind specifically assuming that military vehicles would also already have VINs on them. How the hell are you supposed to register a vehicle without a VIN or title?
>>
>>29437874
>insurance
It would be funny to hear someone trying to insure one of those.
>>
>>29438167
Someone in Georgia owns a plated modified Commando, and assuming the state works like most, he would've had to have proof of insurance to register it. I'm wondering if the modifications have anything to do with it, maybe he stole the VIN off some other military salvage and simply never told anyone that it was actually an armored armed vehicle and not an M35 truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NOAQ4xN_HU
>>
>>29438238
Looking at the company website it turns out they also built a V-150 for a county police department, and that V-100 is full of police lights as well, so I'm wondering if maybe it's also a police vehicle to be, in which case I wouldn't be surprised at all about the police getting around the usual bureaucracy somehow since we live in a two tier society.
>>
>>29438238
GA notoriously doesn't give a fuck. We also don't have rules regarding people registering tanks so long as they can get the turn signals mounted on them.
>>
>>29438144
You go about getting a VIN for your vehicle.
I mean, I can't imagine it's a fast process, but it's probably just a ton of paperwork and waiting.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.