[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/ I am a europoor and want to move to the US to study
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 720x455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 720x455
Sup /k/
I am a europoor and want to move to the US to study a firearm technology and gunsmithing degree what is the best school or college to do this? Would it be more easy to join the military with thi titulation?

Also general gunsmithing thread
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 640x960
>>29434618
Bump
>>
>>29434618

Start on broom sticks and move up to potatoes then you can fit a Dremel up there you massive faggot.
>>
Unless you want to just recrown old rifles and screw on scope mounts, you'll want to go into either engineering or manufacturing technology proper.

Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, drafting, CNC, welding, etc.
>>
>>29435214
Im iliterate in math so engineering would be to complex for me
>>29435190
Kill yourself you butty boy
>>
>>29435253

If you can't do math, then manufacturing isn't going to work out for you either...
>>
>>29435253
Can't do math, you can't be a gun smith then. Sorry, you can always come to America and flip burgers for us though.
>>
>>29435253
Gotta know math, or at least how to run a CNC.
>>
>>29435253

>im illiterate at math

You need math for basically every worthwhile degree and career path. Better start hitting the books if you dont want to become a perpetual minimum wage slave.
>>
Learn math before anything. It's not hard anyone can do it.
>>
>>29435407

CNC is all math, bruv.
>>
>>29434618
>Would it be more easy to join the military with thi titulation

No. But it's quite easy for Europeans anyways, I know a couple of guys who did it.

>gunsmithing

I heard France is good for that.
>>
>>29435461
Im not fully iliterate i can do basic math what kind of math do i need to know for this?
>>
>>29436351
Trigonometry and linear algebra. Physics (which is applied trig and calculus). Converting between 3 different systems of measurement (SAE, metric, and antiquated English). Complex fractions.

So basically any and all math taught at a collegiate level.
>>
>>29436351
Get a BS in Mechanical Engineering, practice on your own outside of school, get discussion/research started with gun manufacturing companies (FL is a good state), intern at various relevant companeis until you graduate and finally apply. Interning is really important if you want to get a job right out of school. Some places hire you as an intern with the expectation that you will apply full-time upon graduation, but it's rarely contractual. Once you know people in industry the wheels are greased.

The selling point here is having real-world experience. You will get more relevant experience from a trade school machine shop (or perhaps your garage) than from your ME degree, but you won't get the kind of job you want.
>>
>>29436425
What is a BS ?
>>
>>29436527
It is a Bachelor of Science Degree, the basic 4 year american university degree ( i say uni because outside of US, colleges means community college=2 year degree=associates degree)

To be honest OP, you sound waaaaaayyyy off the mark for what you want to do. IDK how old you are, but you will 100% need math>>29436371
is right, all this and more if you want to do more than weld shit together in your garage. Gunsmithing is hard shit, calculations involving tiny explosions, material science calculations, in depth classical physics, the list goes on. It's not easy, but it can be done. Move over here, get a 4 year mech engineering, physics, or math degree, and you'll be on your way. >>29436425
is also right, while here, you'll need to pick up experience, move to a place near a gunsmith, and ask about apprenticeship/interining/etc. If he says no, keep looking.

If you're looking to do it professionally, understand the road you picked is quite difficult. IF it's just a hobby, you just need to learn a bunch of physics, and have a shitton of money to buy the stuff you need.
>>
>>29434618
100% easier to join the military, who will pay your way through a 4 year degree like>>29435214
>>29435461
>>29436371
>>29436425
>>29436742
were saying. This degree will be payed for if you do ROTC, which means when you are done getting your degree, you owe the US military a certain number of years of service. Not a bad gig if you become a citizen, as a free physics degree with military training would put you on the fastrack for gunsmith when you were done serving.
>>
>>29436742
>>29436776
Gr8 advice both of you im 18 so would it be better to enlist? So i can do mechanical eng, i want to learn how to make guns out of pices of metal and start my own small company making AK's but that would be later in my life for now i want to work in the firearms industry as a gunsmith/ machineist so what titulation would be the most oriented to this? Bear in mind the building AK's part
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 500x750
Bumperino
>>
>>29437526
T H I C K A S I A N S

H

I

C

K
A
S
I
A
N
S

Too bad they are more rare than a hot feminist.
>>
>>29438279
Fuck capita, it was the only way I could post via mobile.
>>
Do a degree in mechanical engineering and try get any relevant manufacturing experience you can, it would probably be difficult to try and get direct experience with a firearms manufacturer.
Although you said you suck at maths, try and do a course that has higher maths content, they are way more desirable and useful than the plebtier design based ones.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.