[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
P64 Polish Makarov Concealed Carry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: p64-standard1.jpg (271 KB, 1024x780) Image search: [Google]
p64-standard1.jpg
271 KB, 1024x780
What is the correct way to conceal carry a P64 Polish Makarov?
Would it be alright to carry with a round in the chamber, safety off, hammer down? Will it still be drop safe, or does it need to have the safety on?
>>
>>29427267
It's gay
>>
>>29427271
what is gay about it?
>>
>>29427267
They have a serious problem with accidental discharges. Don't buy one.
>>
>>29428202
everything I've read says they're pretty reliable.

Where did you see that?
>>
>>29428202
>accidental discharge
>>
Didnt i already answer this question yesterday
>>
>>29427267
where did you get those grips
>>
Manual safeties usually only stop the trigger from moving and don't have anything to do with an internal firing pin block or other drop safety. But IDK this gun well enough to say.
>>
>>29428255
That only mattersr with inertial firing pins. Non inertial firing pins rest on the primer and dont develop enough momentum to significantly impact the primer. Ther also much lighter than most inertial firing pins(p64s weighs 2 ozs). So assuming everything is i proper working the firing pin wont even dent the primer when dropped muzzle down. However if the resting notch is worn down or if theres enough play in the hamer it is possible for the hammer to jump over the resting notch and cause a discharge if dropped on the hammer. So basically id say use the safety.
>>
>>29428387
Wait i fucked that up there should be a decimal in front that 2. It weighs .2ozs
>>
>>29428215
If you search on google, you'll find some forum posts of people that have had them discharge.

The flaw was not related to the firing pin, some of them shipped with a triangular hammer spur (not like in your picture).

People have had the hammer catch on something when carrying in condition 0 (round in chamber, safety off).

My P-64's safety takes serious effort to actuate.

I therefore carry my P-64 Condition 3 (empty chamber, safety off), even though I do not have a triangular hammer spur either.

It's not really a Polish makarov, btw. Different gun, some marked differences in design.
>>
>>29428449
>>29428387
Should also add that the safety when applied does block the firing pin as well as block the hammer from reaching the firing pin. So doulble safe i geuss. So yes it is complety drop safe with the safety applied. All these however assumes good working condition and since the gun may be 50 years old and prolly only in your possesion for a fraction of that time and you have no idea what was done to it in that time i would inspect all these parts and make sure there not broke/modified
>>
>>29427267
>polish makarov
please tell me how the vz.58 is an ak clone
>>
>>29428524
No either that gun was broke or the trigger got pulled. If the hammer was caught it would have either gone into full cocked position or fell back to the resting notch. So either he was carrying a broken gun( there was no resting notch to catch the hammer ie. Broken gun) or the hammer was pulled to the cocked position and the trigger was pulled. So this guy either had a broke gun or a shitty holster.
>>
>>29428633
Well son of a bitch, I think you're right.

On my P-64, the hammer does not rest against the firing pin - and when you pull it back partially and let go, it doesn't snap all the way forward either... catching on a notch.
>>
>>29428679
Yep considering my p64 has a single action pull of 2lbs i think it would be feassable that if you have a crappy soft holster and somewhat tight pants it could possibly pull the trigger accidently. Also on another note am i the only one who when holstering, or stuffing in a pocket, place my thumb on the hammer to feel if the hammer lifts up if it or the trigger gets snagged? It adds no time to holser and ussually your thumb gets in the way anyways if your holster rides close to your body so why not.
>>
File: image.jpg (338 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338 KB, 1600x1200
>>29428235
marschalgrips probably. I have similar ones on my p64 and my Tokarev
>>
>>29428835
I have never felt a single-action trigger pull so wonderful.
>>
>>29427267

Bud it looks like your grips are uncircumcised

Cant help you
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.