[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tactical chode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: dp12.jpg (797 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
dp12.jpg
797 KB, 1200x798
what are your opinions on the DP12?
>>
The concept of a shotgun that can quickly go from less-than to full lethal is good, but to date, all attempts to make one have had serious flaws.
>>
>>29422803
FTFs reliably. All you gotta do is rack it at low ready.

2/10, I'd rather hi-point.
>>
>>29422818
correct me if im wrong, but i dont think you can manually select between tubes on the dp12. can you?

>>29422819
are you saying itll fire if you rack too hard?
id like to see the evidence of it being unreliable.
>>
I felt MAC did a good overview of it. The safety considerations make it quite a complex gun to declare safe.
>>
>>29422803
>DP
>2 tubes
I wonder if the pun was intended
>>
>>29422818
pump with tube and box mag, selector to jam tube. ONE FUCKING BARREL
what the fuck is up with 2 barrels, its only usefull on singleshots
>>
>>29422803
Thought it would be retarded, but actually it's not bad in execution.

>>29422921
You pump once, you get two shots ready, one per trigger pull, which is actually way better than pumping once and it firing both barrels with one trigger-pull.
>>
File: IMG_20151213_094212260.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151213_094212260.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
>>29425570
It is almost better to describe the DP-12 as two BPSs sharing a trigger group. A failure to fire in one chamber will not affect the other and it can be fired from one tube by only loading that tube.

Also, firing both barrels simultaneously would be asinine. The recoil would make re-engaging difficult and would complete a task that could just be done with another trigger pull.
>>
>>29426157
>Also, firing both barrels simultaneously would be asinine
Yeah, s'whatimsayin'

Though on the flip side, it'd be pretty badass to rig it to drop both hammers with one pull and put a carry handle on it, making the Quake 2 shotgun, you know, just as a fun thing.

But yeah, 1 pump, 2 shots is pretty good honestly.
>>
>>29426564
Yeah, sorry about that. I was trying to add another reply and only got yours.

For all it matters, I totally love my DP-12.
>>
>>29427249
How's it run for you? Cycle fine?
Ever tried loading one up with an assload of Aquila mini-shells to see how many you can fit in there?
>>
File: IMG_20151114_090950762.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151114_090950762.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
>>29427328
The biggest issue is short stroking the gun. I have never had any trouble, but the issue is surprisingly common for all pump shotguns.

It feeds both 2.75" and 3" fine and perceived recoil is 'Below Average' for an 18.5" barrel. I have not tried Aguila Mini shells, but may at some point.

I have around 1000 to 1100 rounds through it (mostly shooting trap) and have had two misfeeds from short stroking it while holding it upside down. It will cycle upside down when not short stroked.

Other users are hit or miss. I had a mall ninja who had to take it off his shoulder to run the slide, a chick who couldn't hold it up due to weight, and a guy who got to tired to fire it after the first 16 rounds. These people also have issues with other pumps. Mostly people who aren't physically retarded are fine.
>>
>>29427787
how is the gun holding up itself

should i buy one? i want to buy one
>>
It's just a heavier KSG that offers no real advantages.
>you have to rack it less!
I mean I guess if that's worth it to you.
>>
File: mms95img105466649.jpg (56 KB, 816x459) Image search: [Google]
mms95img105466649.jpg
56 KB, 816x459
>>29427859
It is actually leaning against a wall and is just really thick.

If you are in the very specific market of pump action bullpups, it is far better than the KSG or UTS-15 in build quality. It is actually a more traditional design than either competitor, just with two stuck together.

If you are in the less niche market of wanting weird and novel guns, I recommend it, so long as you are fine with the $1300 or so price tag. It is very well built, but so is a Browning, and $1300 is a lot for many people to pay for a shotgun.

It is perfectly functional for defensive use, though I actually use a cheap Mossberg because I don't want nice guns in an evidence locker.
>>
>>29427882
Better build quality and less unobtanium?
The two barrel thing is a bit of a gimmick, but

I'll say I'm legit charmed by pumping once and shooting twice, that seems like it's potentially useful.
>>
>>29427964
>it is far better than the KSG
Not at all. They're equivalent at best.
>>
>>29427971
>Better build quality
No.
>less unobtanium
You're gonna have to quantify that.
>>
>>29427985
The KSG, like anything interesting that Kel-Tec makes, is hard to find, and usually that drives up the price, due to demand.

And I like Kel-Tec, but most of their guns feel a bit on the cheap side, particularly with how they utilize dry-wall screws.
>>
>>29422803
A good fusion of the advantages of pump and double barrel.

but i can imagine it fucking up your ability to use other pump actions if you get too used the the two shots per pump.
>>
>>29428005
>The KSG, like anything interesting that Kel-Tec makes, is hard to find, and usually that drives up the price, due to demand.
You might have a point four years ago.
You don't know. You can find them everywhere all day long for $700 a pop.
>>
>>29428037
Don't now, rather.
The KSG is very well put together compared to their usual shit like the S2K or their carry pistols.
>>
>>29428037
They finally stepped up production?
>>
>>29427964
thank you for answering but i missed typed that phrase i meant how i the gun holding up like the materials and so forth because 1000 rounds is not much but you can tell how your gun is after the first 1000 in terms of quality
>>
>>29427972
I have used both and was going to buy a KSG prior to the release of the DP-12. I only had two weeks with the KSG, but still had persistent issues with misfeeds.

The build quality of the KSG is theoretically fine, though Kel Tec makes much more extensive use of polymers than Standard. The tolerances of metallic components, especially feed arms and the bolt(s) are better in the DP-12.

The two barrel design of the DP-12 was actually chosen to capitalize on concerns caused by the UTS-15 and KSG requiring both vertical and horizontal movement while feeding. The weight was rationalized with the word 'defensive,' though that rational is a bit more shakey.

I plan to get both the KSG and UTS-15 in the future.
>>
>>29428062
they just hired my friend as a machinist and yeah they are operating at the kel-tec factory 24/7
>>
>>29428085
>UTS-15
I haven't heard it wasn't very good, that it's too light and had cycling issues.
>>
>>29428085
i have a uts-15 and it is really good it feeds just fine as long as you don't short shuck it i have over 800 rounds through mine and the allen bolts on the side of the gun which hold the plastic which covers the tubes needed to be tightened a few times because i feed a lot of buck and slugs through it
can fit a shitload of mini shells but with hit or miss ejection
overall its a good gun that id recommend just make sure you get the latest incarnation i think either the gen 3 or 4 is the one that i have and it is fine but the earlier gens were shit
>>
>>29428133
It's terrible until Gen3 and is only mediocre then. I just want all three bullpup pump actions.

I am also looking for one of the old Mossberg factory 590 bullpups, which is sort of a rare.
>>
>>29428133
the earlier ones yes but the later ones no mine feeds perfectly and has more metal parts than the earlier ones i have seen
>>
>>29428161
>>29428150
It's nice to hear that they did something about the flimsy build and bad cycling.
>>
>>29428161
I am actually glad to hear from someone who has had positive experience with a recent one. Most reviews cover the Gen1 and maybe 2. I handled a Gen 3, but it was "buy it to try it" only. I wasn't terribly impressed, but the top mounted magazine tubes had a lot to do with that. I plan to get one, though.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.