[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I am looking for a foldable EDC Karambit. Mainly because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 511MK20-2.jpg (203 KB, 1023x735) Image search: [Google]
511MK20-2.jpg
203 KB, 1023x735
Hey guys, I am looking for a foldable EDC Karambit. Mainly because they are harder to disarm off someone.

What company should I look into, and should my budget be? Thanks!
>>
>inb4 people get mad

I am aware this is a troll thread, however... it does come to mind that...

A karambit may actually make a good defensive blade.

For me, yes, a knife is literally behind just running away, however, in the unfortunate instance you find yourself on the defensive with a knife, slashing seems to be pretty effective to keep someone at a distance. People always talk about knife "fighting" but not just trying to keep someone far away until you can keep running etc. or score a lucky hit. If I am using a knife in a defensive role, I would be slashing to keep someone back, not trying to get in their guard and stab them.

Karambit pretty good for slashing. May want to check out something like a Spyderco Yojimbo 2 for slashing as well
>>
>>29421736
I am seriously not trolling. I am a major noob. Thanks for the input
>>
>>29421736
So in that case, what karambit style knives are good for defense?
>>
>>29421746
Ok, well, like I said...

Think about how you would use a knife in a truly defensive role. Slashing would probably be your go to move, ya know?

FYI, karambits have a certain stigma to them... so don't expect many friendly replies or very good info.

For budget... uh, yeah thats up to you.

For companies to look into... I don't know anything about karambits as knives, look into

Spyderco Karahawk
>>
>>29421700
I'd go with the karambits fox makes. They're expensive but they're higher quality.

Then again, I'm a kali escrima fag so I have more invested in training with knives and impact weapons in general.
>>
>>29421783
I dont understand the bad sigma.. It's just a curved blade?

>>29421797
Thanks
>>
>>29421810
I think some of the stigma comes from the edgy crowd liking them for their looks and assuming that they are superior to any other type of blade because of their exotic appearance.
>>
>>29421700
>they are harder to disarm off someone

They're harder to kill someone with, as well. A person with a straight knife will kill you in a knife fight. Your stabs won't have anywhere near the range, penetration, or power of his stabs. You'll be doing wild swings while he quick jabs you to death.
>>
>>29421810
I am not going to get into it other than

>not great for stabbing
>movies
>mall ninjas
>fedora neckbeards
>hurr durr

Like I said, they just carry a bit of a stigma.
>>
>>29421821

I understand. Is there a knife that has a straight blade but with a finger hole?
>>
>>29421832
Fox also makes one. They call it the dart.
>>
>>29421847
perfect, thanks a bunch
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.