[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fudd/mall ninja logic thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 621x932) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 621x932
What are some fudd sayings you hear often or have just struck you as odd? My favorite is
>22 can ricochet off your ankle and exit out your neck
Followed by
>If you suppress a gun it'll be quiet enough to kill someone without anyone else hearing
>>
>00 Buck is the only round you ever need.

> no semi will ever beat a bolt for accuracy.

> I got ammo from the fifties that still shoots as good now as the day my uncle bought it.

> I an't ever ND'd and I never will. (fud than blew a hole in his gun case)
>>
>>29420812
>Carrying with a round in the chamber is dangerous
>Guns without manual safeties are dangerous
>Gun control benefits public safety
>>
>>29420812
>Dry firing guns will ruin them

I know this is true with some older rimfires but completely irrelevant to any gun made recently.
>>
>>29421577
You seem to be confusing fudds with liberals.

t. Liberal
>>
>>29421645
I've heard it from the "Muh guns are for hunting" crowd plenty of times. I don't need a fucking lecture, you entitled jackass.
>>
>>29420812
>Steel case will destroy your gun
>The laquer will melt in the chamber

>'x' caliber is the only acceptable one
>'x' gun is the only acceptable one
>>
>>29421560
>no semi will ever beat a bolt for accuracy

Isn't that generally true?
>>
>>29421681
No.
>>
llama makes a good 1911.
>>
>>29421681
The most accurate bolt gun will be mre consistent than the most accurate semiautomatic but not by a wild degree.
>>
>>29421681
Practically that is true. In theory a well-designed gas operated gun can be just as accurate as a bolt-gun. It just comes down to costs and engineering. Some of the accurized custom AR-10:s can do some amazing things at range.
>>
>>29421681
Not really
Depends mostly on the weapon, but to the point it matters at around 6-700+ metre mark most people can't reliably hit shit at that range anyway.
>>
had a Wal-Mart employee tell me .22 lr will defeat level IIIA Armor after sowing me pictures of his Remington 870 and nugget not sure if he was really haz guns though
>>
>>29421616
>true with older rimfires
why tho? Ive heard this before and am genuinly curious. What does it do to them?
>>
Glock......perfection
>>
>>29421745
Firing pin on rimfire crushes rim to barrel.

No rim==firing pin into steel barrel==fucked up firing pin.
>>
>>29421745

The hammer smashes into the breech face.
>>
>>29421616
>>29421745
>What does it do to them?
Basically the pin 'can' hit the rear of the chamber sometimes. Some rifles would, some wouldn't, doing it once or twice isn't likely to cause some kind of catastrophic damage to the pin.
>>
>>29421745
Metallurgy. You get tensile rather than pure compressive stresses in the very hard firing-pin. Over time that leads to microfractures and failure.
>>
>>29421751
>>29421757
Different guy, but what counts as old? I've got a 20-year old Marlin 995 and am wondering if that's recent enough for it to be a non-issue.
>>
>>29420812
>>If you suppress a gun it'll be quiet enough to kill someone without anyone else hearing

While the effectiveness of suppressors have been greatly exagerrated by the media, there are situations where this isn't far fetched at all.

A bolt action .22 rifle with standard velocity ammo and a good can is damn close to being inaudible. I have witnessed one being fired about fifteen feet away from a guy yakking on his phone, and the guy had no clue that a gunshot had just occurred. We were out on a dirt road and my friend popped an invasive rabbit.

I haven't observed one personally, but I know a guy who has fired an original DeLisle carbine and was full convinced that anyone outside of a 30-40 foot radius would be oblivious.

Yeah, something like a .308 with a can is still going to be loud as shit, but there are exceptions to the rule.
>>
>>29421681
Yes, because bolt action is simpler and easier to accurize to any degree. For any given price point or level of engineering, the bolt actions are generally more accurate. You can name many examples of hyper-accurate semi autos, but for accuracy alone, a bolt action design is most practical. I have experienced this from a few rimfire and centerfire guns I own and have shot, though they are lower end guns. What I'm more curious about is how revolvers compare to semi-auto pistols in accuracy, and how single-shot designs compare.
>>
>>29421776
>What I'm more curious about is how revolvers compare to semi-auto pistols in accuracy, and how single-shot designs compare.

Depends on the gun/barrel length for the most part.
(And the shooter!)
I've got a S&W 686 which is a formidably accurate gun, plus a couple of decent semi-autos in various calibres which are also very accurate. In some ways the relationship between the shooter and the pistol is a little more intimate than the rifle and shooter. There's a lot going on when it comes to shooting, but the level of weapon handling, range and timing is just that little more fine in terms of tolerances with a pistol.
Basically- shoot anything for long enough and you'll get good at it.
>>
>>29421681
Broken down to basics, a semi auto partially requires the cartridge to assist in cycling the action , which has springs and wear points that create inconsistencies especially over time. You can argue that this happens in both bolt and semi auto in terms of barrel wear, but simply put , you have more parts to fail and give inconsistances
>>
>>29421772
Do. Not. Dry. Fire. .22lr guns.
>>
>In Vietnam the 5.56 was such a hot round is passed through gooks doing little damage!
>>
>>29421840
Generally people get revolvers to hand load at higher pressures. Ive never gine to extreme lengths to accurasize a pistol though
>>
>>29421851
I dry fire my 10/22 at the end of every magazine. Go cry some more.
>>
>>29421888
Why do I care that you're peening over the end of your firing pin?
>>
>>29421874
Yeah for sure.
A lot of it comes down to what you want the weapon to do. If key-holing targets is your thing, you change the sights to something which will give you that accuracy- telescopic scopes fancy iron sights with windage etc)
However, sometimes you want a weapon to acquire targets quickly and hit them consistently, in which case a red-dot or high vis iron sights is the go.

Comes down to tools for the job I guess for lack of a better euphemism :)
>>
>>29420812
I'm actually quite curious as to the effects of getting shot with a .22lr. All I find online is fudds. Does anyone have any tests or data showing ballistic impacts?
>>
>>29421681
Literally everyone missed the real answer, its true usually when in the same price point

A $500 bolt action will be more accurate than a $500 semi auto

A $2000 semi auto will be less accurate than a $2000 bolt action

But a $2000 semi auto can very well be more accurate than a $500 bolt action
>>
>>29421888
perks of having no last round bolt hold-open
>>
>>29421888
I dry fired my ruger mkii, it caused a divot that mushroomed out in to the chamber. It was bad enough that I cound'nt chamber a round. To be fair the extractor is after market.
>>
a couple of days ago some fag-o on a different site who had an anime profile pic was talking about how for home defense you should use either .308 or a 12 gauge shotgun "if your aim is bad"
>>
>>29420812
>If you suppress a gun it'll be quiet enough to kill someone without anyone else hearing

I dunno man, we put a can on my mates anschutz and with .22 pistol shorts and low velocity rounds there was no muzzle report at all, just the click of the firing pin, no louder than clicking a pen, and then the thud of the round hitting dirt.

Don't know how fatal the rounds would be, but the suppression is real.
>>
>>29422679
eh a hit to neck or innner leg would be deadly enough.
>>
>>29422679
not that i support this type of thing but the nazis used soft lead rounds and put one into the base of the neck. the "apricot" i think its called. instant death and if he can get it that quiet you could easily walk up to someone and just pop em.
>>
>>29420812
Who is she?
>>
>>29421772
I wouldn't dry fire that gun.

If you want to just get some .22 snap caps (polymer ones not the aluminum dummy rounds). With snap caps your firing pin is hitting the polymer rim of the round, not the breechface of your gun.
>>
>>29421851
It depends on the .22 anon.

Basically all modern Ruger rimfires are safe to dry fire because of their firing pin blocks.
>>
>>29422248
No but there was a polish guy who didn't realise he'd been shot for years
>>
>>29420812
>22 can ricochet off your ankle and exit out your neck
Funny thing is that this shit gets spewed by the CoD generation kiddo. Adults in the shooting community know better.
>>29421560
>>00 Buck is the only round you ever need.
You really could get everything you need done with double aught, not that you would want to. So this is true.
>> no semi will ever beat a bolt for accuracy.
Common knowledge. Semi auto rifles have come a long long way but in any real test at serious distance a shouldered bolt action will win. If you want to talk about systems out of reach to almost everyone of us you're just being contrary.
>> I got ammo from the fifties that still shoots as good now as the day my uncle bought it.
Stored right ammunition should be viable for centuries. Who's the idiot anon?
>> I ain't ever ND'd and I never will. (fud than blew a hole in his gun case)
I'm 65. Got my first rifle from my father when I was 9 years old, spent time plinking at least every other day of my childhood with friends, spent a couple tours chasing charlie through the bush and continued to be an active member of the shooting community ever since and not only have I never NDed as you all like to say I have never once been near one who has.
>>29421577
>Carrying with a round in the chamber is dangerous
Said no one I know ever
>Guns without manual safeties are dangerous
This is a matter of opinion, you don't have a problem with differing opinions do you . You're starting to sound like one of those SJWs.
>Gun control benefits public safety
Keeping guns out of the hands of violent offenders and schizoids isn't a public benefit anon? Are you one of those everyone should be able to carry no matter what idiots? I bet we haven't tried your special brand of communism either.

I'm going to enjoy this thread.
>>
>>29421739
I've had people tell me that at my table at gunshows.

>Yup it'll stop 44mag no problem but my PMR30 will go right thru it!
>>
>>29421676
The laquer one is true I'm pretty sure. I had it melt in my SKS and it caused the bolt to lock shut and not cycle, I had to take a damn mallet and beat it open.

Only time it's ever happened, and I've been using that ammo for years with no problems, no problems at all with the SKS actually until that day.

On one hand I find it hard to believe that laquer can practically weld the fucking bolt shut, but on the other I don't think there is anything new else it could be.

When we finally managed to pull the bolt back the casing flew out no problem too.

What happened to my raifu /k/?
>>
>>29421616
>Dry firing guns will ruin them
I have 70 year old rimfire rifles that have been dry fired a thousand times, all work just fine. This bullshit isn't fudd it's CoD speak.
>>29421655
>I've heard it from the "Muh guns are for hunting" crowd plenty of times.
No you haven't, we know better than to waste our time talking to stupid.
BTW, other than in the service of Uncle Sam or a cop shop your guns are for hunting or target shooting. Grow up, you ain't never going to lead a revolution against a tyrannical government kid and this is coming from an old fudd who owns more semi automatic rifles and hamdguns that your fat greasy little fingers ever soiled.
>>29421676
>Steel case will destroy your gun
>The laquer will melt in the chamber
These things are spoken by the semi auto only crowd so stop with the projection. True fudds reload so they have probably never even fired those kinds of rounds.
>'x' caliber is the only acceptable one
>'x' gun is the only acceptable one
These are opinions that get debated among the oldest fudds and the youngest slav shit fanboys. Acting like youngsters aren't the biggest part of that discussioin is silly.
>>29421681
Completely
>>29421705
>>29421720
>>29421732
>>29421734
>>29421776
>>29421844
>>29422266
Pretending that almost any of us own and regularly operate rifles set up for those distances is bullshit. I have taken Elk at 700 yards and I'm sure a decent semi auto chambered in any high power round would have been fine I'm just more comfortable with the bolt at that point.
Saying that a top of the line bolt action with a top of the line scope isn't more accurate than a best semi auto is absolutely true though not by much anymore.
The real thing that most people here don't understand is that there are very few of us who will ever get the most out of either system. Getting out that far is part knowledge and training and part granted by God at birth. I know some of those kind of shooters and they are far and few between.
>>
>if you read fuddthreads you'll be entertained and not frustrated that people unironically think these things

best one yet
>>
>>29421765
Replace tensile with peening and you'll sound more like you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>29421739
I don't think you understand what we mean when we use the term fudd here anon.
>>29421749
>Glock......perfection
Hardly a fudd opinion. Fudd would be 1911 only.
>>29421772
>Different guy, but what counts as old?
The myth is about hammer fired rimfires as opposed to rifles that have actual firing pins. Like on a revolver. You can see the point on the hammer that strikes the case. For how old, you're going back a few decades. I've owned more than a couple of them and it's all bullshit really.
>>29421774
Those suppressed makarovs and plenty of 22lr and even .32s are ars close to silent as anyone would need. You could fire one in a car and someone standing ten feet away wouldn't hear shit. I handled a hush puppy once in Vietnam and those .45s were more quiet than you would believe with out seeing it yourself.
This whole debate is something no guns spend their time yelling about.
>>29421776
>What I'm more curious about is how revolvers compare to semi-auto pistols in accuracy, and how single-shot designs compare.
>>29421840
There is no comparison here. People hunt big game with revolvers, and those single shot guns are more like rifles than handguns IMO.
While practice makes perfect semi auto handguns are no where near as consistent over distance and stopping power as a revolver. Look at the failure rate of very high powered guns like the Eagle, they break down a lot.
>>
>>29421862
>In Vietnam the 5.56 was such a hot round is passed through gooks doing little damage!
This always makes me laugh. The truth is those little fuckers didn't have enough flesh to cause expansion with any round they were like kids in our eyes they were so small and underdeveloped. I would bet a soft tip 7.62 wouldn't to create much expansion in their tiny torsos.
The gooks were as dead after getting greased by the 5.56 as they were from any other round anon.
>>29422248
>Does anyone have any tests or data showing ballistic impacts?
I have one but it's not scientific. 22lr was the weapon of choice for close in work by hired killers for ever. That says something about how dead it made people doesn't it?
>>29422266
Very well said anon and you honestly earned those tripdubs.
>>29422653
Are you saying an unchoked shotgun isn't a sound HD weapon? Considering how few people have tactical training and the level of terror they would be dealing with. There is a lot of edge in your post anon.
>>
>>29423037
>Who is she?
Paige Hathaway
I'd drink a gallon of her piss just to lick the hole it comes out of.
>>
>>29420812
a straight pull suppressed .45 ACP would be relatively quiet. No slide racking, and subsonic bullet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6SvS5wwu9A
>>
File: 1448517993210.jpg (184 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448517993210.jpg
184 KB, 1280x720
I'm a noguns known-nothing and don't usually post, but if you bring up suppressors everyone in the room will stop to take turns informing you that they're not silent, as if you didn't know.

The idea of these misconceptions live on only because mall ninja/fudd talk centers on stating the corrections to try and sound knowledgeable, which makes me think I'm talking to a bunch of mall ninjas and fudds right now.

Mall ninja/fudd talk near me (east cost lefty mall ninjas and fudds) usually involves media taint more than anything.
>Hollow points are armor piercing rounds. We don't need those. They should be banned.
>I got the 30 round high capacity magazines for my...
>Arguments over what's a clip vs a mag.
>"Semi-automatic revolver".
>Anything "magnum" is powerful to the point of being magical.

No one I know has suppressors or short barrels that I know of. Not sure if they think they're totally illegal or just don't want to bother with the paperwork.

Some people also fall for shame tactics and will lock up all their guns in a safe even when they're home so you have weird conversations about getting into a safe quickly... Biometrics and what not...
>>
File: 21926.png (78 KB, 349x348) Image search: [Google]
21926.png
78 KB, 349x348
>people who pretend that silencer and suppressor aren't totally interchangeable or if you want to actually be autistic about it, think silencer isn't the correct terminology
It was called a silencer when invented.
It was called a silencer for nearly 90 fucking years.
It is legally known as a fucking silencer. Go ahead and put "suppressor" on a form one, I fucking dare you.
>>
>>29424200
I have personal experience with suppressed handguns that are so quiet they could be fired 10 feet from you in a slightly noisy environment and you would not have a clue without the obvious panic created by the bullets impacting someone or something. So it's a myth that a handgun can't be silenced for all intents and purposes. Just because you and your friends haven't seen a thing isn't proof it doesn't exist. Stop acting like any one group of people know everything.
>Hollow points are armor piercing rounds. We don't need those. They should be banned.
You are ignorant about fudss, they love their soft points like their own children and everyone I know loads hollow points in their fudd 1911s, even me.
Saying that a 30 round magazine isn't high capacity is potato level anon. Now saying they should be banned is shit as well but you're just talking out your ass.
>Arguments over what's a clip vs a mag.
This is the single dumbest debate that has ever taken place on /k/. You're just showing your anger at older people. To bad your mind is closed this tight, we have a lot of knowledge and experience to share.
>"Semi-automatic revolver".
Siad no one with a modicum of shooting experience.
>Anything "magnum" is powerful to the point of being magical.
Another youngster dancing around the truth. The term Magnum load is exactly that. It describes a +P+ load and that does in fact make it a more powerful round with greater stopping power. They are also called Bear Loads outside of the big city and are a very different animal than standard rounds.
I can just imagine how much your family hates having to be with you around holidays and other family gatherings. Must really suck to be you.
>>29424238
There is no talking to this idiot. Either a troll or so fucking autistic he spends a few minutes each day banging his head on the floor because people won't stop liking things he doesn't t like.
>>
>>29424603
>There is no talking to this idiot. Either a troll or so fucking autistic he spends a few minutes each day banging his head on the floor because people won't stop liking things he doesn't t like.
Tell me one thing in my post that's wrong.
>>
>>29424679
Are you >>29424238
or are you >>29424200
>>
>>29424725
>>29424238
>>
>>29420812
Who is the semen demon?
>>
>>29424725
He even quoted your specific line to that post, are you retarded?
>>
>>29423887
this has to be the most autistic post of the day
I can't believe you typed all of that for a troll post that wasn't even funny
>>
File: clickbait.png (227 KB, 324x545) Image search: [Google]
clickbait.png
227 KB, 324x545
>>29424047
>I handled a hush puppy once in Vietnam
>.45

Why would you lie on the internet? Nobody cares
>>
File: disgust.jpg (30 KB, 524x336) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
30 KB, 524x336
>>29424200
>I'm a noguns
>my opinion matters

>posts anime reaction images

You're the type of person I wouldn't like to know
>>
>>29424730
I think you post was completely accurate and very relevant to much of the never ending debates on the board.
>>29424766
Yes he did. I should have worded that differently
>>29424804
I had dialysis this morning and about the only thing I'll be doing is pounding away at the keyboard. You should see some of the other faggotry I've been up to on other sites.
I meant we should ignore the autism but we both know how hard that gets.
>>29424849
Are you going to ask for documentation that I exist as a person next?
Hushpuppies were the only firearms LRRPs were allowed to carry besides bladed weapons when they went into Loas and Cambodia and they sure as shit were chambered in .45acp. Tell me about your personal on the ground experience in that theater anon, We might have crossed paths years ago.
>>29424757 see>>29424147
>Paige Hathaway
>I'd drink a gallon of her piss just to lick the hole it comes out of.
I would pay a small fortune to lick good whiskey out of the crevices on her tummy. FUCK.
>>
>>29424238
Silencer is a trademarked name. It's like how people call waste disposal units dumpsters. When you say dumpster, everyone understands what you're talking about, and the only people who actually have to worry about it are the people who manufacture waste disposal units. The only reason people get corrected on their terminology is because oper8tors realized it was another thing they correct people about to score leet points, despite the fact that they look as autistic as the guy who corrects people who use the phrase dumpster.
>>
>>29421711
I refuse to believe anyone has ever said this.
>>
Does fudd stand for something? Is it short for something or just random words?
>>
>>29424147
>>29424954
Thank you.
>>
>>29424603
Semi auto revolvers are real dork, just not common and mostly prototypical
>>
>>29425714
He may or may not be a dork but he's right. What you are talking about is a hybrid that's not either dork.
>>
>>29425776
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateba_Autorevolver

Eat a dick fagot
>>
>>29425615
Fudd, as in Elmer Fudd, the Loony Toons character.
>>
>>29425917
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateba_Autorevolver
This is the weapons equivalentof calling a post op tranny a woman , and since you are a blatant faggot how about you go eat a dick.
>>
>>29425211
>>29424603
>>29424238
>>29424200
>>29423784
>>29422679
>>29421774

OP here. By suppressed/silenced guns I meant they were talking about ALL guns. I'm aware that smaller caliber round with buffer systems get so silent they are barely audible, didn't mean to fire up a debate.
>>
>>29420812
Well then.
>if you suppress a gun it'll be quiet enough to kill someone without anyone else hearing
This is, situationally, true. An integrally suppressed .22lr single shot or bolt action rifle with a 20"+ barrel is around 80dB, which is quieter than most city traffic.

>>29421560
>I got ammo from the fifties that still shoots as good now as the day my uncle bought it
In what way is this untrue? You do realize that much of your nugget food is even older, right? Hell I have ammo from the 1880's that still works.

>>29421577
Guns without manual safeties ARE dangerous. Google "glock leg". But many people consider the risk vs. reward margin enough in their favor it's generally considered a nonissue.

>>29421616
Because guns expire or are otherwise consumable, right? And that there aren't literally millions of guns out there with fixed firing pins, like literally every S&W revolver made prior to about 1985, every rimfire weapon made prior to 1991, etc?
>>
>>29423784
>nam vet
Thanks for your service brah, you shoild make a thread sometime about your experiences if youre up for it.
>>
>>29424603
>>I got the 30 round high capacity magazines for my...
>Saying that a 30 round magazine isn't high capacity is potato level anon. Now saying they should be banned is shit as well but you're just talking out your ass.

in an AR or an AK, 30 rounds is normal capacity. 40, or 50, or 100 is high-capacity.

fudd.
>>
>>29427030
>>29424603

As an FFL dealer I can confirm. All ARs and AKs that come through my shop from the manufacturer arrive with atleast one 30 round magazine standard.
>>
>>29422758
Yup, and that's still the way a lot of underworld hits go down. Two quick to the base of the skull is how the pros do it.
>>
>>29423291
you can also use size4-6 7/8" drywall anchors they are yellow and the rim is the same size as a 22 they will feed and eject from most 22s without any issue plus a box of 100 is less than 5$ they make suitable replacements for rimfire snap caps
>>
>>29423837
It wasn't the lacquer. That shit won't actually melt. If it gets hot enough it will just burn off, but it has to get way hotter than a gun breech could get.
It was the carbon buildup and other crud that blew back, past the case, and coated the chamber, as you fired each round because the steel doesn't expand and form a gas seal like brass does.
So with every shot, your chamber was getting dirtier and dirtier until finally an empty case got stock in there, which in turn held your bolt closed with the extractor.
>>
>>29424954
>I think you post was completely accurate and very relevant to much of the never ending debates on the board.
Oh, I see now. When you said "Can't even talk to this guy" you meant the hypothetical one that I was talking about as well, not me the poster.
>>
Fudd I knew who actually claimed the MP40 was the most inaccurate submachine gun ever manufactured and that literally every other one would explode or fragment in the Nazi's hands.

>"Yeah ever since Hitler banned all factory workers from getting an education they would drill the barrels all crooked and they'd fire in a giant cone or just make the barrel crack and shatter."
>"The Jews working in factories was the only ones keeping the quality up; once they was gone Germany had the worst industry in the world yessiree."
>Btw Hitler totally liked it when Eva Braun took a shit on his chest and he'd watch her fuck their German Shephard"
>>
File: 1433223633535.jpg (32 KB, 383x565) Image search: [Google]
1433223633535.jpg
32 KB, 383x565
>gander mountain
>looking at ammo and gun cases, needing a new one
>old fudd is talking with a guy at the counter
>another guy is looking at rifles on the rack, holding what I think was a Sig M400
>fudd chimes in "Not sure why people like those rifles. A real hunter only needs one shot to kill."
>counter guy almost rolls his eyes but stops at the last second. Clearly anti-Fudd guy but not gonna say anything because it's his job
>rack guy disregards it, keeps looking over the rifle
>spouts some fuddlore about .22 having better penetration than 5.56 when it comes to animals
>"Yeah, them Assault Rifles are pretty worthless. They're called 15s because they used to use 15mm ammo before they had to change it."
>rack guy chimes in sarcastically "I'm pretty sure it was 15 because back when they came out they could kill 15 vietcong before it needed cleaning."
>fudd goes into an anti-war tirade, calling the rack guy a babykiller and called me a racist because I snickered at the comment
>rack guy shrugs it off
>fudd leaves
>counter guy: "Thank you, that should keep him out of here for a few days."
>pretty sure he gave rack guy a discount because he bought the rifle he was looking at while fudd was talking

I want old fudds to die.
>>
>>29428098
>he'd watch her fuck their German Shephard

I'd watch that
>>
>>29424200
Without completing the sentence, they're not necessarily wrong. Depends on context.
For a Saiga12, 30 is extremely high capacity. For an FAL, 30 is high. For an AR15 in today's market, 30 is standard. For a PS90, 30 is low. For an American180, 30 would be extremely low.
>>
>>29426396
>didn't mean to fire up a debate.
do you know where you are?
>>
>>29421751
>firing pin into steel barrel==fucked up firing pin.
It can go the other way, too. I've got a shitty rimfire revolver that has been dry fired a lot, and the hammer is fine. But the cylinder deformed, bulging metal into the chamber slightly, making chambering rounds and extracting casings very hard.
>>
>>29423784
>schizoid
Yeah better keep those guns away from people that don't like interacting with people much.
That is the majority of /k/
Nothing wrong with them owning guns
>>
>>29428305
did you become range buddies with the rack guy?
>>
>>29421751
It can do both anon. Too many strikes on the breechface can deform it enough to fuck it up.
>>
>>29426771
He used to start threads a few years ago but now all he gets is bullshit. I don't blame him it's why I stopped tripping here in 2014.
>>29427030
>>29427112
You would fail at reaching an audience outside of /k/, that anon wouldn't. Life is almost never all or nothing, it's more grey than black and white. Stop needing to always be right and try and understand what someone else is saying maybe.
I know what you mean and I agree but he wasn't wrong. To the average person, people you should be converting to our way of thinking, he is right. Any of this making sense or are you just a 12 YO edgefaggot?
>>29428868
>schizoid
>Nothing wrong with them owning guns
You're full potato.
I don't even want whack a doos driving cars. Fuck crazy people, they fucked up when they
closed the sanitariums instead of fixing them.
>>
File: 1434128385270.jpg (69 KB, 498x482) Image search: [Google]
1434128385270.jpg
69 KB, 498x482
>>29423887
>>
>>29430158
>insecurity the post
>>
>>29430186
Where is the faggotry in that post weeb.
Every point is true and his opinions were reasonable considering he says hes a fudd who owns a shitload of semi auto weapons.
Are you saying he's wrong about bolt action being more reliable and accurate than semi auto or that none of us are going to fight the gov for freedom or that most fudd couldn't care less about steel case ammo and the claiber .. type of gun debates are endless and hated for everyone or that almost none of us will ever be into long distance shooting?
Love to here your reasoning, won't hold my breath.
>>29430382
underageban the post.
>>
>>29423784
>I'm 65.
And I thought I was kind of old for this board. Nice to see some other "experienced" anons out there.

Actually, you know what would be truly epic...if you were a 14 year old girl pretending to be a Vietnam Vet.
>>
>>29430535
Be way better if he was pretending to be a 14 year old girl.
>>
>>29430607
Nah, that's the cliche'...a little girl pretending to be an older man would restore balance to the universe.
>>
>>29422248

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbVY4gT5P20

TNOutdoors does a lot of good ammo tests.
>>
>>29430660
Eryone knows all hildfen online are fbi
>>
>>29430454
>muh reliability
Entirely dependent on the action in question

>accurate
At extreme distances yes, but in any kind of practical scenario they are comperable, depending on the type of semi auto

>hunt and target only
What is self defense
What are the LA riots
What are the Ferguson riots
What are the Baltimore riots
>>
>>29430775
no i'm cia
>>
>>29430454
If you're so secure with your opinion, why are you getting so mad at a three word post?
>>
>>29431306
Forgot to mention.

Like literally everything else, reliability is about how it's cared for, not how it's abused.

A nugget you're too stupid to clean the cosmoline out of won't run worth shit compared to a decently maintained M1. On the other side, an M1 full of sand won't run worth a shit compared to a mauser action.

Not all bolt actions are created equal. Not all semi autos are alike.
>>
Once I was at a sporting goods store and someone working there claimed that a 28" or whatever barrel was better than an 18" one because "The shorter barrel won't kill anything." Okie dokie then. Sure, with the right choke long barrels can throw out a tighter pattern, but shorter ones are handy(and still lethal at shotgun distances) because they don't bonk into trees, walls, etc. Every try turning around in a hallway with a super long barrel?
>>
>>29421774
I once made a can out of an arrowhead water bottle, an aluminum scouring pad, vaseline and electrical tape for the seal.
using subsonic rounds all I could hear was the cycling of the bolt on my 10/22.

The rounds were literally ricocheting off of a wet rotten log and hit the side of my house about a foot from a window when I decided to stop.

anyway, just my two cents, some rounds can be completely silenced.
>>
>>29431655
Why are you so insecure about a three word response to your post?
>>29431693
So barrel length doesn't matter for distance shooting? I mean if I was clearing rooms all day or in heavy brush, which I have never done and never will, I would want an SBR for sure but most of the discussion ITT has been about distance shooting or did I miss a bunch of posts.
>>
>>29432105
My bad, forgot to mention he was talking about shotguns. He hadn't been working there long and must have just got out of high school. A fudd youngling. But yeah, in rifles shooting long distances, the barrel length makes more of a difference. Maybe he got them confused, I dunno. I think the shotgun was a stevens 320, already had an 870 and a couple other 12 gauges at the time, but I still kind of want one.
>>
>>29429480

No, we shook hands though.
>>
>>29425615
A fudd is a very specific type of gun owner. He's the kind of guy, typically older but not always, who is okay with the gub'mint taking your scurry black salt rifle as long as they leave his .270 Savage alone.

A Fudd is NOT a guy with a .270 savage who supports your right to own an AK. That's just a guy with different tastes and needs and that's okay.
>>
>>29421645
>t. Liberal
TEH LIBRULS
>>
>>29423887
>>29423784
>>29424047
>>29426489
>>29424127
>>29424603
>>29424954
TL;DR
Lrn2concise
>>
>>29420812
speaking of fudds

in my shitty home state of commifornia we have this senator Mike Thompson (Democrat St. Helena) a Vietnam Vet god bless for serving, fuck his anti gun fudd logic. His is a lifetime avid hunter, has been hunting since he was a kid.
>>
>>29431306
>>29431667
You suck at trolling.
>>
>>29424147
I'd cut my hand off just to use it to fingerfuck her shadow
>>
>>29428098
>Btw Hitler totally liked it when Eva Braun took a shit on his chest and he'd watch her fuck their German Shephard"
thats tru tho
>>
>>29432482
If he really is 65 his communication skills are more verbal than twitter and texting. Nothing wrong with his posts and it's good to know he is still alive.
>>29433507
Which is why the 2A activists are now saying our rights to self defense are under attack and it's been very effective. I always felt they didn't push the self defense concept hard enough.
>>29435535
Ladies and gentoooolmen we have a winrar.
Wait, how you gonna jerk off if your good hand if shadow fingering? Atheists BTFO.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.