[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brass Knuckles Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Where my /k/omrades who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty?
>>
>>29420682
>Get into fight one night
> You pull out your Brass Knuckles
>Dumb Thug looks at you in disbelief, then pull out a kinfe
>Calls his other friends to see ''that jackass with Brass Knuckles
>OP gets fucked up
There is no real advantage when using Brass Knuckles
>>
>>29420682
You're cool until the 'bigger gun' clause applies.
>>
I don't think you have brass knuckles. Enjoy your hand.
>>
>>29420982
They're good for nonlethal stealth knockouts.
>>
>>29420682
Have fun breaking your fingers.
>>
>>29420682
>Not just owning a push dagger.

If you are going to break the law...
>>
>>29422705
How?

I've used these things and can't see how that happens.

They are what they are and are quite effective, are were immensely popular along with monkey fist type objects and slapjacks in eras of gang violence where they were used frequently and by choice.

The book 'gangs f new York' documents their use.....
>>
WW1 usage

" All raids are very much alike. Each man knows his part. As we only require one prisoner on each occasion, and as more are a nuisance, all other enemy soldiers encountered must be put to death. What are our weapons? The pistol [.455 Webley], the rifle, the bullet, the bayonet, knuckle-dusters [brass knuckles], hook knives with which to rip up, daggers for the heart, butchers' knives for the throat, the bomb [hand grenade?] for random work, once the prisoner has been extracted and bags of aminal thrown into the dugouts, served up with time fuses, to blow whole companies to smithereens. Tear gas bombs to cause temporary blindness, egg bombs charged with deadly poison to pulverise the lungs and stop the breathing complete the outfit."
>>
File: Brass Knuckles.jpg (573 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Brass Knuckles.jpg
573 KB, 1632x1224
I got a pair for the novelty, never actually intended on hitting someone with them.
>>
>>29422731
I don't like where they sit on my fingers. I punch people with my knuckles, they sit an inch below on knuckles at the base of my fingers, the angle is all wrong when they connect.
>>
>>29422765
You just need a different set.

They are not a defensive weapon...they are for delivering a lethal sucker punch and are rightly classed as a lethal weapon. If you sucker punch someone in the head with these you have a fair chance of a kill..

I still don't see how you could break a finger delivering a punch. These are sold legally in France as collectors items (although illegal to carry or even use in self defence) I have tried on lots o them, from nice brass ones to spiked aluminium ones. If anything they help prevent breakage to the little finger which is the most common one broken.

In any Shotokan style punch forcused on contact with the two flattened first to second knuckle fingers they work just fine, the reduced impact surface area, material hardness and palm bracer make them devastating. I can see why they were used in trench raids in WW1. They are in the knife, pocket pistol range of lethality IMO
>>
>>29422731
Ive been told If you have incorrectly sized ones they could mess up your hands since you won't be able to apply them properly. Also good luck if you get them caught in something trying to use them
>>
>>29423287
I have no desire to use them on someone whatsoever. I am merely your humble servant and a student of the history of weaponry.
>>
>>29423298
Well then you obviously have nothing to worry about. The exact reason I think is that if you get some that are too big for your hand it could force you to shove your thumb behind your fingers when punching instead of wrapping your thumb around your fingers.

Thumb behind fingers id like #1 in the how to break your thumb while punching
>>
I got a pair of clear, lexan knuckles but my hands barely fit in them. Anybody know if these are any good?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.