[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glock 19 CC???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: BM7Nt8V.jpg (1 MB, 1500x937) Image search: [Google]
BM7Nt8V.jpg
1 MB, 1500x937
Hey /k/ I'm going to be getting my Conceal carry permit soon, and I am currently looking for a good carry piece. I currently own a Taurus PT92, and S&W 629 6", and I'm looking at the Gen 4 Glock 19..

I don't want to get into a caliber war, but I'm not really certain on what to carry, or if I would be better off getting something a little smaller like an LC9 or a sig P938 (not a fan of the LC9, not very comfortable). I've got a friend who purchased the 928 (.380) and he loves it. He's also a kind of smaller guy. I'm a larger guy, a couple extra pounds, 6'2, and Typically work in a relatively professional environment, so typically I wear a button-down and khakis or sometimes. Is a Glock 19 too big for someone with an IWB holster? I really like the thought of a 15 round capacity, I know thats a shit load of ammo to have for a carry piece, but
>>
>>29419829

you should check out Kahr as well. they have a few pistols in the same range as what you've already been looking at.
>>
File: 938-9-ESR-large.jpg (28 KB, 633x348) Image search: [Google]
938-9-ESR-large.jpg
28 KB, 633x348
>>29419868

One of the things that initially pushed me away but is kind of drawing me in now is the wide variety of aftermarket parts, I'm one of those guys who likes to have something unique that isn't often seen, but at the same time, I want something that is proven to be a good shooter. Yes this is a CC piece, but I do enjoy shooting as often as possible, and want it to fill a few different shoes.

This is one that really caught my eye, a factory engraved Sig P938, looks beautiful, but a CC piece is probably going to get beaten up, dinged, scratched up, etc. and I would probably destroy this beautiful piece.
>>
Have you considered the SR-9c? I also found the LC9 to be too small, but the 9c was perfect for what I wanted. My prior cc was a Star SS in .380, but I wanted a small 9mm so I could share ammo with my Glock 17.
>>
>>29420077

Yes I have actually, I went to a really nice gun store near me, and talked a little to a guy and held a G17, G19, and an SR-9C,

I liked the G17, specifically the Gen 4, the finger grooves fit me very well, the G19 not quite as much but wasn't bad, and the SR-9C felt somewhat comfortable but I really didn't like the trigger, it felt very.... creaky and plastic like (yes understand the glock is plastic) the trigger on the Ruger felt to me as though it was slightly flexing, I was kind of turned on by the neato full size mag grip, that fit together pretty well. I probably need to rent one and try it out, but I'm not used to holding polymer, Every gun i've ever owned and shot for that matter has been built with metal and wood. (P226, my PT-92, Beretta 92, S&W 629, a smaller J-frame .38, a .357, and a 1911) Although I'm not super comfortable with it, I know that polymer has to be decent since those fuckers don't seem to be going anywhere.
>>
My first gun was a Glock 19

Ended up getting the Glock 26 after I started carrying for a few months. It's basically a smaller 19, but without the rail. I put a Pearce +2 mag extension on it, so it has 13 total rounds, so it's lighter and smaller than the 19

Got a Ruger LCP for when I wear sweatpants.

Look into getting a StealthGear brand IWB holster. It's expensive, but it's the best on the market.
>>
File: g43 shield.jpg (873 KB, 2031x1447) Image search: [Google]
g43 shield.jpg
873 KB, 2031x1447
> Is a Glock 19 too big for someone with an IWB holster?

In my opinion: yes

You can carry a g19 IWB just fine, but it'll bug you and you'll print on clothing a lot. The coworkers that you work closely with will know you carry a gun, just a matter of time with a pistol of that size. Expect to buy pants that are a size or two bigger, it is a thick gun.

If you want greater concealment and comfort, I'd recommend a single stack 9mm. The m&p shield and Glock 43 are the primary contenders in this size. I own both. (funny story, I was purchasing a glock 43, and won the Shield in a contest at my LGS)

M&P Shield:
>comes with a 7 round flush magazine, and an 8 round mag that sticks out a bit more
>Can be purchased with a thumb safety
>better sights out of the box

Glock 43
>Smaller, lighter, and thinner
>better trigger
>only 6rd capacity, two mags included. one has a pinky extension (but no extra capacity for some stupid reason)

I ended up sticking with the shield, but I did get a better trigger installed (apex).
>>
>Typically work in a relatively professional environment, so typically I wear a button-down and khakis or sometimes.

Do your shirts have to be tucked in? If yes, I'd look at one of the single-stack 9s and a bellyband. Avoid tuckable holsters. The tuck of the shirt looks sloppy with them, and you've still got the clips visible.

I work in a place where it's a felony for me to carry and where I have to go through metal detectors for part of where I work, but from a previous office job where I also had to be dressed professionally, I can tell you that a G19 was not ideal for that (carry was legal but highly frowned upon -- probably would have cost me my job). Then again, I wear clothes that fit well. I can make a G19 work in my suits, however, but I don't want to be dependent on my jacket for concealment so I wouldn't carry it OWB like most people do in a suit.

---

I carry a G19 90% of the time. The other 10% is a Walther PPS (which I highly recommend as well). In casual clothing, the G19 is easily doable with a good belt and holster. I use the RCS Eidolon setup for appendix carry. It can work for 4 o'clock carry, but I have no experience in that department so there may well be better holsters for that.

Frankly, I'd buy the G19, a Raven Concealment Morrigan, and a set of decent sights. Shoot it a bunch and carry it often. You'll find out from the experience if you need a second, smaller pistol or a different holster. And even if you have to buy a second gun, you've still got what is arguably one of the most versatile guns available.
>>
>>29419829
I carry a Glock 19 Gen3 IWB comfortably
My bodyfat is around 15%, which is to say I'm skinny and I can conceal it just fine.
>>
>>29419829
>Is a glock 19 too big for IWB
Depends on when you're wearing it. If its with just casual clothes just get a good holster and you'll be fine. If you wearing dress shirts that have to be tucked in I'd check out a single stack for that. I'm 5'6 and 145 and I carry a g29 pretty comfortably. Its all about the holster.
>>
>>29419829
3.5" or less barrel, single stack and under 20 ounces. Any more than that and you will not carry ALL the time. I guarantee it.
>>
My lc9 and belt clip conceals very well.
>>
>>29420321

I'll have to take a look at the shield, I haven't really done a whole lot of research on that pistol, It's stupid, but I guess capacity is what pulls me to the 17, or even maybe the 43, but the 43 to me wasn't very comfortable to hold, I do have larger hands, and I like to have a 3rd finger grip unless I were to buy the extended magazine.

>>29420376

The job that I work, I do talk to the public a bit, I'm not exactly planning on carrying when I'm at my desk, or talking to John Q Public, but I do want to be able to have something under the counter, or throw it in my car and not have to worry about "having a firearm in my vehicle for the sole purpose of transport" as Michigan law puts it. I do want to have a 9mm if possible so I can share ammo with my PT-92, I wouldn't want to go lower than a .380 in caliber.
>>
>>29420376
You work in a courthouse or capitol building, don't you.
>>
>>29420559

Yes.
>>
>>29420482
Weight doesnt matter too much if you have a thick belt and good holster
>>
>>29420578
Brave man, carrying in a place like that. My guard base is right next to ISIS sympathizer central and it kills me to leave my carry piece at home when going to drill, especially when the odds of me getting caught even if they did a standard search of my car are slim to none, but the weight of a firearms felony is just too heavy on my mind.

And I'm one of the guys who posted earlier about carrying even when it would mean expulsion.

Bravo to you, anon.
>>
>>29420524

I don't follow the "having a firearm in [your] vehicle for the sole purpose of transport" bit. Can you not do that, even with a CCW? Or is that the reasoning you have to show currently, without a CCW?

For what you're doing, I'd gravitate towards a Walther PPS, Ruger LC9, S&W Shield, Springfield XDS9, or a Glock 43, depending on what shoots best for you. Keep it on you at work. Unattended firearms, in addition to being basically useless unless you happen to be attacked next to wherever it is you keep your gun, also pose a bit of a safety risk (coworker goes into your desk for example).
>>
>>29420524
carrying every day > capacity

Plus, for your job it sounds like concealment > capacity
>>
>>29420623
I never understood why people on base can't carry. Aren't soldiers probably the most qualified people to carry?
>>
>>29420623

To be clear, the courthouse itself is the felony. My office across the street isn't a felony (or prohibited by policy, as best I can tell), even though it's probably frowned upon (I haven't asked). My office is also secured by key-card access, so barring one of my coworkers deciding to lose their shit in a building full of cops, I don't see that as the threat. The walk to my vehicle is my concern.
>>
>>29420689
Probably the same retardery behind any gun ban: feels-based thinking that didn't have thorough logic applied to it.
>>
>>29420584
BULLSHIT
U
L
L
S
H
I
T
>>
>>29420764
To a certain degree sure but under 20 oz is stupid restriction. I have an lc9 and a glock 29 and I notice almost no differences purely related to weight when carrying. I have a nice thick gun belt and nice quality holsters. There's differences that I attribute to the size of the frame and length but not from weight.
>>
>>29420482
I've carried an M&P 9c for two years every day. It's perfectly fine.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.