[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it have been more effective for him to try to put some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: spetsnaz.png (463 KB, 1200x975) Image search: [Google]
spetsnaz.png
463 KB, 1200x975
Would it have been more effective for him to try to put some of them down with his personal weapon?

How likely is it that he was going to actually get captured if he shot back?

Or did he just didn't want to leave his body to them?
>>
I just wanted to see some helmet cam footage of spetsnaz removeing ISIS
>>
Ive always thought pepe was cancer, but that one is just great.
>>
>>29419650
>>29419567
Been away for a couple weeks, can someone explain?
>>
>>29419567

It's a roll of the dice, and it depends on a variety of factors. It's basically a guarantee that they were willing to take him as a hostage, and IS guys probably have standing instructions to take Westerners alive if possible (propaganda value). As for the likelihood/ability:

- Where were they?
- Where was he?
- How many of them?
- Did he have a reasonable chance of breaking contact? Was he already wounded/immobilized?

Dudes in the building with him are going to eventually end up taking him if they want him. He may well shoot a few, but he'll be overrun eventually.
>>
>>29419567
Because bombs would kill more of them than just his AK
>>
>>29419665

Russian SOF dude was calling in airstrikes in Syria a few days ago. His position was overrun and, so the legend goes, he called in airstrikes on his own position IOT prevent his own capture and take the IS guys with him.
>>
>>29419665
Russian aircraft dropped bombs on a Russian soldier. Now vatniks are saying the soldier was surrounded by ISIS and called in an air strike instead of being captured.
>>
>>29419665
Lone Russian operator gets cornered by ISIS. They think they're going to get some great footage of beheading spetznaz for liveleak, but he calls an airstrike on his position at the last minute and cucks them out of it; taking a bunch of them with him.
>>
>>29419683
>>29419690
>>29419697

I have seen no support for it actually being true, and I looked around quite a bit.

On the other hand, the fact that only one guy was killed does support the whole forward air control SOF thing. Russians do pretty much have to lase smart munitions, at least for the SU-25s.

Hard to tell.
>>
>>29419764

What I'm curious about is why only one was supposedly present?

Even if he was working with locals, one would think he'd have at least one other guy with him.
>>
>>29419780

If we are to believe the story, and he was actually sneaking about and marking targets, it would probably be easier not to be detected.

There are stories of US SOF doing the same in Afghanistan. Just SEAL/Recon snipers sneaking around and marking targets on grid all day behind enemy lines. Source is Soldier of Fortune which I randomly had for some reason ages ago.
>>
>>29419780
If the whole overrun theory is anything to go by, they could be dead already and he was the last one. He could just have been working alone though. Its not common practice in the west, but even here it isn't unheard of.
>>
>>29419811

Yeah, but a two-man team in an urban area isn't exactly a massive target. Sniper teams do it all the time.

>>29419814

>If the whole overrun theory is anything to go by, they could be dead already and he was the last one.

The stories don't mention additional Russian casualties.

I get the whole AFO thing in Afghanistan, and then the ISA/etc. activities in Iraq and other places (see book: Relentless Strike, which includes a pretty interesting history of JSOC's activities post-9/11), but in an active warzone, I can't say I'd want to trust my back to a group of Syrians. Maybe they do things differently, but I'd certainly want at least one other Russian with me.
>>
>>29419811
I read that too. Decent book about SF called "The Horse Soldiers"
>>
File: 1448837380672.jpg (378 KB, 1280x856) Image search: [Google]
1448837380672.jpg
378 KB, 1280x856
>>29419567

We don't know, and unfortunately we'll never know because whatever recording devices he may have had were surely destroyed as well. In light of that fact, I choose to believe it went down exactly as it is depicted in the Smug Pepe image, with the ISIS goons have a brief moment of realization as it dawns on them what the Russian just did before getting blown to smithereens.
>>
File: 1459098141746.jpg (698 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459098141746.jpg
698 KB, 848x1200
I like to think of the fighters dropping the bombs as Valkyries screaming in to bring that brave son of a bitch straight to Valhalla.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.