[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Home Defence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11
File: FB_IMG_1459216236909.jpg (41 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459216236909.jpg
41 KB, 615x410
Ausfag here. Over the Easter weekend there was a break and enter into a family home in a large regional city.

The suspect was seen near the home-owners child's bedroom when he was subdued by the male occupant and a friend. During this the suspect suffered a broken neck and later died of his injuries in hospital.

My question is what methods can someone reasonably use in a country without a 'castle law' and poor excuses for self-defence?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/28/homeowner-charged-with-murder-after-attempt-to-detain-suspected-burglar-turns-fatal/
>>
>>29418634

None. Your government representatives have rallied their careers around "reducing crime" and "think of tha children!!!!!" and "muh arguments from emotion"

They have sacrificed the safety and security of individuals in order to propel their own ambitions and careers. It is MUCH easier to ban a scary thing (like guns in Australia or switchblades in America) and say "Look!!! We banned this scary thing CRIMINALS use, thus we have reduced crime" than to actually address the sources of crime like poverty. As long as only a few people (statistically speaking) are murdered/raped/robbed because of a lack of defense then it never becomes an issue, because its VERY easy to rally suburban housewives (with no jobs and nothing to do during the day) to your cause with appeals to emotion, so any argument on self defense or protection of property can be simply shouted down by "THINK OF THE CHILDREN, THE CHILDREN FOR GODS SAKE!!"
>>
>>29418712

OP here. Yeah that sounds like an all too familiar tune that our politicians play.

How would other /k/ommandos deal with such a cretin in their own homes in a country with gun control and lacklustre self-defence laws.

Keep in mind the assailant was a large and physically intimidating drug user with a criminal record.
>>
>>29418634
Is simple.
Get the fuck out of Australia.
>>
>>29421217
Baseball bat and a bad attitude
>>
>>29421233
Cricket Bat* this is aussie land
>>
>>29421217
All these laws do is encourage homeowners to do is shoot (or stab) shovel and shut up, that is to say, a quiet murder becomes the only response that has a chance of no consequences to the home's resident.

Once a government disarms the populace, that government is the enemy of its people.
>>
File: BAT1.png (95 KB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
BAT1.png
95 KB, 400x306
>>29421233
Go for the knees.
>>
>>29421258
>>This.
And a large knife - to place by his body afterwards to prove you needed to defend yourself.
Simple.
>>
>>29418634
In Thailand some guy broke into a house and got fatally shot by the homeowner. The homeowner is free and the public totally approves this. Of course it only works if you're a Thai homeowner. Can't imagine the scandal it would be if a farang had shot a Thai burglar.
>>
>>29421217
Live innaoutback and keep a shovel and a tarp handy.

Not even fucking joking.
>>
>>29418634
You kill them as quietly as you can, don't call anyone, clean it up, drive the dody into the outback (which you guys have plenty of(this is also the most risky part) and burry them or let the dingos and vultures clean up for you, that way it just looks like a missing person died in the outback which I'm sure happens all the time in straya.

Fuck ever telling the police.
if you bend to the law, they'll fuck you raw.
>>
I live in a shit suburb of a regional town, full of Boongs, and this worries me.

There is litterally milliseconds between somebody scaring my sleeping children at night, and someone killing my children at night.
My kitchen contains the back door. If I say I heard the kitchen drawers rustlin', what's the chances of proving my genuine concern they had a knife and ventilating said Boong?

Am hasguns, before anyone asks. Also keep Katana under bed, coz I'm a closet faggot.
>>
>>29418634
>My question is what methods can someone reasonably use in a country without a 'castle law' and poor excuses for self-defence?
overthrowing the government
>>
>>29422567
Dude, you could VX gas parliament house, and more of these spergs would appear the next day. They're fucking everywhere here.
>>
>>29422564
Kill them then plant a knife
>>
>>29422531
>which I'm sure happens all the time in straya.
It does
>>
Funny how you conveniently forgot to mention that he was out of the home and fleeing when it happened.
>>
>>29421233
>a bad attitude
surprising how much being an aggro cunt can deter casual thief
having to kill is an inconvenience for them but a necessity for me
>>
No guns aus fag here

How to stop a home invasion, simple string up a few Isis flags, get a dog. As for weapons I like to use a metal base ball bat with a bit of foam surrounding the top section to make sure you don't leave any bruises but still do some damage.

Best way is rush at them, let them know you are there and call the cops and leave them on the line, have your iPhone with you and be ready to take some videos and if they have a car, get ready to cut some wheels, that's why I have a knife hidden in my letter box.
>>
OI DARDY
>>
>>29422575
then leave Australia

your only legitimate choice during home invasion is to subdue the burglar(s), kidnap them, kill them, and hide the body so it's as if the home invasion never happened.
>>
>>29422602
Premeditated attempted murder m8, put own the VB and hop in the back of the car.
>>
>>29422609
I'm ok with option 2. No need to leave.
>>
>>29421281
Bless you anon. I just love repurposed Dr Seuss.
>>
Ricky was a good boy. He dindu nuffin.

His mom is concerned about the 3 daughters he left behind.
"They have lost their father,” she said. “Their beautiful father they haven’t seen for years because he was in jail. Just to think them little kids are going to grow up without a dad now."
>>
>>29418634
Historically, the courts here are 'generally' on the side of the home owner, so its pretty unlikely to get convicted at least.
Well I hope so anyway
>>
>>29422739

>“Their beautiful father they haven’t seen for years because he was in jail. Just to think them little kids are going to grow up without a dad now."

>are going to grow up without a dad

>now

>they haven’t seen for years because he was in jail.

Lol, did she really say this? Women are so blatantly solipsistic and un self-aware.
>>
File: cunts.jpg (142 KB, 969x618) Image search: [Google]
cunts.jpg
142 KB, 969x618
>>29422609
That's why things like lawyers exist.
>>
>>29422774
It's also funny because he has to have been out of jail to rob the house and they still haven't seen him.
>>
>>29422782
With these open ended description, I fear that victory depends on the quality of the lawyer, and the leanings of the Magistrate. The law itself provides NO concrete guidance.

What the fuck am I supposed to do? WAIT for the scumbag to harm my kids?

Sooner we get Castle law in Australia the better. As likely as getting honest politicians...
>>
>>29418634
on this note OP, there's currently a petition circulating you should sign for Castle Law
https://www.change.org/p/minister-for-justice-the-hon-michael-keenan-castle-law-in-australia
Seems a fucking LOT of people are pissed about this
>>
>>29422822
Fucking THANKYOU. Now how to get everyone I know to sign it, without looking like a Tumblerina twitterfag.

I have a Gmail, work email, and this place. I don't touch this social shit.
>>
>>29422584
Funny how that doesn't mean shit. Would you feel comfortable knowing someone who did that just got away? Get that fucker
>>
>>29422843
It means that it's no different than what would happen in most US states.
>>
>>29422839
Yeah same, i've signed and shared on facebook but I purposely don't fuckin add people unless I need to talk to them so that doesn't help too much
>>
>>29422810
Yeah, really hoping he gets out of it.
Anyone mucking around my house and family would probably get the shit fucked up at the very least.

Fact he hasn't posted bail kind of means he's broke, but that aside it does need a good (not fucking incompetent) lawyer to get him completely off the hook. Some duty lawyers are better than others.
>>
File: 1434613704073.jpg (7 KB, 284x178) Image search: [Google]
1434613704073.jpg
7 KB, 284x178
>>29418634
There IS a castle law, in SOUTH AUSTRALIA.

We also don't have high capacity magazine limits.
>>
>>29422843
Totally. And it's a proven statistic that places that get successfully entered/robbed, get re-entered/robbed again.

Just gotta work on my technique to get the scumbag's attention sufficiently to ensure the entry holes are at their front.
>>
>>29422810
>Castle law in Australia

This will literally never ever happen. We live in the pussiest country on the planet where any kind of force at all makes you the bad guy. You must take it in the ass.

People are happy to let this shitty fucking government just keep screwing everyone and everyone complains. But then everyone keeps voting for the same stupid fucking over regulating people in. Just as long as people get to keep fucking drinking and being a sick cunt.
People are so apathetic here it's frustrating. The only time I see people doing anything about it is of alcohol is banned cause then they couldn't be dumbed down drunk fucks all the time. Fuck I hate this place, yes I mad
>>
>>29422843
also the other people who no longer have to deal with that amoral shit bag
>>29422861
>get re-entered/robbed again
pretty much this
burglars are taking away your security and part of the sum of your livelihood and don't care either way if you die
then if they get caught its always some sob story about being poor and lazy
>>
>>29422879
It's not really burglars. What if that guy was specifically targeting you or your kid to get back at you.
>>
>>29422890
He was a burglar though.
>>
>>29422898
But if he broke into your house how would you know?
>>
>>29422901
You wouldn't know for certain but it's not really a reasonable belief. I think >99% of the time when people break into houses it's for more banal reasons than child-murdering vengeance.
>>
>>29422890
with vendettas it really is do or die compared to someone who does not have a more specific motive

I've not had to deal with it but crazy shit can happen with bad business or bitter ex
even worse in the smaller towns
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 1156x725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 1156x725
>be Australian. Kill burglar while I'm being burgled. Bury body inna outback.
>2 weeks later hear a knock on door. Look through the mail slot. It's the Mounties
>"top o the morning, gov. We're investigating a missing person. Have you seen chav mcthieverton?"
>"nope". Put another shrimp on the Barbie.
>"well his cell phone pinged off your wifi"
>I'm sweating fosters
>"then it just took off two wards the outback"
>feel like dingos are eating my babies
>"why don't you come to Scotland Yard with us, paddy. We have more questions."
>as I waltz my Matilda out the door, spaghetti spills out of my tucker bag.

Seriously. You guys never take the sulfone into account.
>>
>>29422940
*cell phone
>>
>>29422940
>cellphone pings off a WiFi it doesn't have the password for
>>
>>29422959
Yes? How do you think it finds a wifi network to connect to in the first place?
>>
>>29422959
Mutders are never solved via cellphone GPS?
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x358
>>29418634
>During this the suspect suffered a broken neck and later died of his injuries in hospital.
Good.
>>
>>29418634
Bullshit charge.
No premeditiation is not murder but manslaughter
>>
File: slide_5.jpg (85 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
slide_5.jpg
85 KB, 960x720
>>29422940
>>29422959
all cellphones with sim 2 and 3 have dat sick java card
not really as much of a problem if it only can reach one cell at a time
but nowadays that is rare
>>
>>29418634
Don't call the police after you've defended yourself.
>>
>>29422967
By scanning certain frequencies that wifi is sent out on and then translating that query to something a human can understand. You can ping a router but you can't ping from it unless you're connected or have a packet moving through the connection.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459248894432.jpg (38 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459248894432.jpg
38 KB, 640x960
True story
>>
File: 1453914920420.jpg (29 KB, 522x422) Image search: [Google]
1453914920420.jpg
29 KB, 522x422
>>29421217

Without a gun?

Shoot him with a bow, or stab him with a sword.

>Killing a home invader

The first thing the cops want to know is, did he give you cause to believe your life was in danger?

IF YOU DONT KNOW THIS U DESERVE JAIL.
>>
>>29423019
>buh buh but his daughters don't have a daddy now

Sorry kids, dad got killed looking for junk to stuff in a glass dick to suck on.
>>
>>29418634
Fellow Ausfag here. You're not representing the story 100%.

>guy breaks into house
>guy and his mate startle the burglar
>burglar runs the fuck away
>guy & m8 chase him down
>kill him while he's fleeing

We have reasonable/excessive force legislation in our country for a reason. I'm 100% for self defense, but this wasn't self defense. Let the judiciary do its job, it doesn't need faggots with no understanding of law try and enforce mob rule.
>>
>>29418634
Vote for David lyjenholm. (I think I spelled that right).
>>
>>29423074
As to why he died? That's a bit of speculation at the moment, they caught and detained him, how he broke his neck is what's up for debate.
I mean I've put someone under citizens arrest and detained them, didn't break their neck but I fucked his shit up pretty good and there was no consequences.
>>
>>29422487
What the heck is a farang?
>>
>>29423114
whiteys, sort the equivalent of Gaijin
>>
>>29423133
No one would care if an asian shot a white burglar in Australia. Or at least they wouldn't care about his race.
>>
>>29423074
>I'm 100% for self defense, but this wasn't self defense.
dumb fucker was still in the house, homeowner was 100% in the right as far as i'm concerned.
>OH B-BUT HE RAN AWAY, YOU CAN'T KILL AN INVADER
yeah nah, fuck off.
>>
>>29422908
this statistic brought to you by the ministry of numbers pulled out of one's own ass
>>
>>29423074
Our key point of this discussion is that the law (in this aspect) is wrong.

It's not misunderstanding. It's pure disagreeance.

The risk that an intruder can harm my kids is greater than 0%. There is 0% reason why said scumbag should be in my house. I demand the right to ensure said scumbag is incapacitated, and removed permanently from my life.

I dream of Castle law in Ausfalia. But only in own home. Car and workplace is too loose and mobile. My home is the only place a deserve/demand absolute sanctuary.
>>
>>29423143
Asians are racist as fuck, as much as there's some racism here in Australia, its nowhere near the same level as it is in parts of SEA, China, Korea and Japan.
>>
>>29422774
She's a boong.
>>
If your living somewhere where guns are completely unavailable, the best course is to harden your house so your less likely to need to defend yourself. Get good solid doors, and good locks. Look into some of the bars or gates you can get for them and windows. If your house is a hard target and you don't appear to have anything of massive value odds are they won't break in. If they try it will be harder to get in without dedicated tools, and will take much longer buying you time to react or police to get there. This also would save you the trouble of dealing with the legal system. That said you should still have the best weapon you can if they do get in. So I'd suggest if no guns of any kind including muzzleloaders are available then get a short spear to hold doorways or stairwells and a short sword or big bowie knife.
>>
>>29422774
It's always female journalists doing stories about how great immigrants are, too.
>>
>>29423161
>>29423157
You're absolutely entitled to defend your life and the lives of your family. If that includes killing another man, then under our current laws you would be found not guilty in court. That entirely based upon whether the force you applied to your assailant was necessary or completely over the top.

It's worth noting we don't have all the facts of the case, and police still don't know if the guy was inside or outside or whether he was strangled unintentionally or bashed to death. At this juncture its simply too early to tell if the guy was scared enough to believe the assailant posed a threat to him and his families lives, or if he was just pursuing some good old mob justice.

My only horse in this race is how fucking severe the kneejerk reaction is, Aus culture is bordering closer and closer on vigilante and mob rule. Let the jury decide the facts of the case, let the judge decide what the sentence is.
>>
Idiot. Should have let the burglar go up the stairs in the dark. Guaranteed a brown recluse or kangaroo would have killed him well before he got to the kid
>>
File: racism.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
racism.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>29423167
I gots the proof
>>
>>29418712
This. Bans on items gives politicians the appearance that they are looking g out for the community when in reality they are just doing what they're best at, being lazy.
>>
>>29422855
It's just a pity that part of the country is full of south Australians.
>>
>>29423423

Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>29421217
Ausfag here. If you've got some big coon in your daughters room you aren't going to stop and ponder the repercussions, you are going to drop the cunt with as many rounds of 303 as it takes to put him on the ground and then put a few more in him for good measure.
>>
your only recourse is to become the criminal.
do not assume the law will be on your side, because it will not.
dispose of the body.
get rid of evidence.
don't tell a soul.
if self defense is murder then live as a murderer.
>>
>>29423057
>It was the drugs that made him do it
>By killing him you took away his chance to get cleaned up and become a leading member of the community
>That's why we're charging you for killing a leading member of the community, not a murderous thief
>His daughters also want to sue you for taking away their daddy
>>
>>29423158
Yeah, such a bold statement really needs evidence to be taken seriously. I'm sure the scenario described is a daily occurrence(it would need to happen 10 times a day in Australia to make up 1% of home invasions)
>>
>>29423704
Greens voters go away!
>>
>>29423704

Too fucking true unfortunately...
>>
File: 1427074242606.jpg (64 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1427074242606.jpg
64 KB, 499x499
>>29418634
>Home Defence
>Defence
>>
>>29422879
>>29422890
>>29422843
>>29422861
Edgy as fuck M8s life is not a fucking movie
>>
>>29423482
Self-defense is not a crime retard
Idiot chased him and killed the burgularnaccidentally when he started running away
>>
>>29423704

Liberals...
>>
>>29418634
Ausfag here, the chances of me being broken are so resiculously slim that I don't often thing about it, that said, I do have a kukri in the chest of drawers by my bed, not saying it's their for self defence, it just so happens to be the only place I can store it in my small 1 bedroom apartment, and it just so happens to be no farther then 30 inches from me as I sleep
>>
>>29423479
303? Coon?
>Such a cartridge was designed to pacify the savages.
>>
>>29427083
Depending on where you live fool. My neighbourhood cant get contents insurance unless the house has security screens, with most insurers.

Where do you live? Darling harbour or Toorak faggot?
>>
>>29424354
No it's not. It's just life in a shit suburb, full of people who have ALL day and night spare to do what they like.

You sound safe, cozy, and rather sheltered.
>>
>>29427628
>>29427646

I live in West Heidelberg, VIC and can definitely agree. I have junkies that somehow purchased one of the new units on my block up front in cash and got busted selling from their own front door late last year. How stupid do they have to be.

I've got a 4 D cell maglite under the bed, hand axe in the linen cupboard, machete and various old karate and estimated equipment in the wardrobe.

Sleeping safe at night feels good.
>>
>>29423304
Kek.
>That cutie's an amateur. Once her Career (no pun intended) gets underway, her manager will fund her surgery - thus becoming a round eye forever.

My Wife is Japanese. I'm acutely aware of East Asian self superiority.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.