[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I watched the first two episodes of Sharpe. Do we like this show, /k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: chosenmen.jpg (33 KB, 360x258) Image search: [Google]
chosenmen.jpg
33 KB, 360x258
I watched the first two episodes of Sharpe. Do we like this show, /k/?
>>
>>29418091
>Do we like this show, /k/?
Make up your own mind faggot, we are not a hive mind.
>>
>>29418100
Fucking this.
>>
>>29418100
/thread

It's a free god damn country. Watch what you want to watch, shoot what you want to shoot, so long as it isn't illegal or hurting anyone, who gives a fuck. Don't just do something because others do it.
>>
>>29418091
Is it on Netflix?
>>
>>29418100
>>29418120
>>29418540
I don't know if I should watch this show. Can you decide for me, /k/?
>>
What kinda show is it?
>>
>>29419795
At the beginning of the series, Richard Sharpe (Sean Bean) is a sergeant in the 95th Rifles serving in Portugal in 1809. When he singlehandedly saves the life of General Sir Arthur Wellesley (David Troughton in the first two films, then Hugh Fraser for the following films) from a group of French cavalrymen, Wellesley gives Sharpe a battlefield commission, appointing him a lieutenant. Sharpe is placed in charge of a detachment of the 95th Rifles: The term used for his men, 'chosen men' reflected the men's acknowledgment of marksmanship performance, rather than rank; it granted some privileges (such as avoiding certain routine duties) to the 'chosen men'.
>>
>>29418091
I marathoned the titles and I say yes.
>>
>>29418091
Fuck yes, talk about a leader that all leaders should strive to be like. 9/10 show
>>
>>29418091
Its a fucking great show
made me cry
>>
>>29419156

We decided it is best for you to shove a cactus up your ass.

Go do it now.
>>
File: 1457200843594.jpg (68 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1457200843594.jpg
68 KB, 650x650
>>29420123
O-ok ;_;
>>
>>29418091
It's pretty good but it does get a bit annoying how French dragoons show up out of the blue like Sinistar whenever it's dramatically convenient.
>>
>>29418091
It's good change of pace to see Sean Bean NOT die in a show. That aside, I enjoyed the movies I've seen. The India episode is the last I remember clearly, but it's been a decade.
>>
Shitty compared to the books, it suffered from clunky fighting and fuck ups due to lolTV production values.
>>
>>29421301
The author likes it, though. Seriously, he tweaked Sharpe's origin story to fit the show because he liked Sean Bean's portrayal so much.

Plus, accurate Napoleonic costumery and weaponry>any amount of bad fight choreography, which for the budget it had, is actually fair to middling.

>Those rifle drills
>The uniforms
>Dear God the uniforms
>>
>>29418091" Sharpie me lad! I'll make a soldier out of you me boy! "

For the budget it was given, its great. Funny when you compare the fight for the Eagle to the book, with several hundred soldiers fighting. Cut to TV, only about a dozen Frenchies defending an Eagle.

Do you know what though? Only TV series of its kind in the UK at least, and it does a lot of it very well.

Sean Bean also excellent casting choice.
>>
>>29418091
It's okay it really didn't have the budget to show an actual representation of the scale of the Napoleonic wars

>Charge of thousands of men on horseback
>Portrayed as 9 or so guys swinging swords
>All of them pulled of horseback
>>
I watched all but the last episode, and can tell you that I absolutely love it.

Yes, even the cheesy romance.

Watch it all friendo.
>>
>>29421416

Bean wasn't their first choice to play Sharpe. The other guy got injured so he stepped in.

I got me right in the feels when Perkins died.
>>
Sharpe in pooper
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.