[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Debating if I should get a cheap handgun or a short sword/cutlass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 520x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 520x750
Debating if I should get a cheap handgun or a short sword/cutlass for self defense, the problem is I don't know where to look about sword laws in my state (Indiana), does anyone on /k/ happen to know where to look, or anything about my states laws?

If I can't get a sword I guess I'll go with a handgun, but I have no training, never even held one, and not a lot of money to spend. What are good, cheap guns for newbies? I'm starting to read the sticky (wikia link) now. Sorry for shitting up your board but I think you guys are pretty smart about weapons, and this Norwegian oyster trading forum is the only site I browse.
>>
>>29417078
betcha you can get a machete or two at home depot
that way you can have a useful tool until the barbarians arrive at the gates
maybe go out and cut things, learn how to use it?
>>
>>29417078
You'd have to be a literal autist to choose a sword over a gun
>>
Just go to harbor freight and get a machete. You'll quickly realize that using it to cut brush isn't as fun as you think then you'll realize using it to cut bone/flesh would be even less fun. Then you'd take all the money you saved on the $15 machete and purchase a neat pistol to play with. Go to a local gunstore (Academy, Dicks, Bass Pro, etc.) and ask to hold the guns to see which fits best in your hand.
>>
>>29417078
Cheap machete and Hi-point
>>
>>29417078
make your own gun
>>
>>29417078
Just get a cheap ass break open 12 ga shotgun. Hell, even a .410. This will run about $99. Better than a fucking sword bro.
>>
>>29417078
Yes, here are the Indiana State Laws on bladed objects.

1. No Ballistic knives, aka knives with a detachable blade that can propelled from the handle through spring, gas or other mechanic.

2. No Chinese Throwing Stars, aka any knife with blades set at different angles.

3. No knife carry on school property or school buses. Knives are only allowed on school property if a. you are authorized by the school corporation or b. if it's locked in your car.

That's it. There are no laws on manner of carry, blade length, or type of knife other than the ones mentioned above.
>>
>>29418019
Find me a hundred dollar 12 gauge and I'll give you a cookie.
>>
>>29417078

There are no militaries which use swords instead of firearms operating today.

Why?

Firearms are vastly superior, in every way. They provide better lethality at a superior range in all circumstances. A .22 Saturday night special is hundreds of years superior to a sword in every manner that counts.

The cheapest handgun worth a shit is the Hi-Point line of handguns. They are ugly, they are bulky, they are shit on every level of aesthetics and ergonomics, but they are pretty reliable and usable handguns.

Get one in 9mm, in terms of killing another hostile human it is far superior to any bladed weapon.
>>
>>29418303
It's $180 for a maverick pump. I'm talking pawn shop used single shot shotguns for $100-130.
>>
File: Delicious Dozen-1.jpg (83 KB, 400x262) Image search: [Google]
Delicious Dozen-1.jpg
83 KB, 400x262
>>29418415
When you're right you're right.
>>
>>29417078
Just google "[state] knife laws" dumbass.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.