[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much of a waste of money would this be for my 1911?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: G2R-R.I.P.-.jpg (81 KB, 504x657) Image search: [Google]
G2R-R.I.P.-.jpg
81 KB, 504x657
pic related?
>>
>>29415465

>buying less than lethal ammo
>>
A bullet is a bullet, and any .45 is enough for self defense. Don't waste money on meme bullets.
>>
>>29415465

>Wound channel is unimpressive
>Energy loss is greater than the associated damage caused by fragmentation
>overpriced
>doesnt feed in standard Glock 19
>feed issues reported in other handguns
>did I say overpriced?
>HP already tried, tested and proven ad infinitum
>Less accurate than HP

useless.
>>
>>29415488

Is it really that big of a crock of shit? This gunshop out of town I was just visiting to pickup some range ammo tried shilling it to me but I just bought regular 45 and some range ammo since I was going target shooting with a buddy.

I'm relatively new to guns. I've owned an ar15 for years, the sandyhook bullshit scared me into buying an ar15 and getting my lifetime C&C(before i even owned a pistol) ASAP, but I just bought my first pistol a springfield 1911 milspec.
>>
That ammo is too delicate to handle the manhandling controlled juggle that a 1911 does. The petals will bend in and screw with aerodynamics and opening in the target.

Get ammo that is actually good and doesn't fall apart and lose mass on impact.
>>
>>29415582

Is "range ammo" fine for self defense? I bought 40 remington 45 rds for 18$ and 15$ for PMC 45 "non-range" ammo

I've only had my ar15 the last 3 years and this concept of "range ammo" was completely foreign to a pistol noob like me. i've just been used to buying american eagle or pmc fmj for 223 for my AR at cabelas for 6-9$
>>
>>29415666

*15$ for 20 non-range 45 ammo
>>
>>29415524

yeah, he was charging 43$ for 20 RIP 45s. as stupid as the box looked I went with the zombie ammo at about 1/3rd the price.
>>
>>29415666
Range ammo is whatever ammo you want. Most use cheap reliable shit.

FMJ rounds work for self-defense but aren't as effective. Hollow points distribute more energy in a shorter distance and cause more trauma. FMJ are also more likely to go through a person than HP.

If you get HPs, try a few out and see what your gun likes.
>>
>>29415465
I thought we were done with these threads
>>
>>29415540
Well, you can kill somebody with it, if you get a good center mass vitals hit, but it's no better than .380 ball.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.