[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rimless cartridge to neck down to 22
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
I wanna build a small high capacity pistol, I would probably like to keep the power to a comparable level to 22 wmr. I was originally thinking of necking down .32 brass to .22, but apparently it has rims and I wanna use a straight, box magazine. I was thinking of shortening .30 carbine brass and necking it down to .22, effectively making a shorter 5,7 johnson spitfire round, but there has to be an easier way.

TL;DR All in all I wanna get a rimless centerfire 22wmr alternative, probably a wildcat

Pic semi related.
>>
25acp?
>>
>>29415389
That's a bit too weak. Besides that it has rims as well.
>>
I wonder if the 380 is long enough to do a 22tcm style thing then... Or just load up wimpy 22tcm...
>>
>.25 NAA
That looks pretty close...
>>
>>29415348
5.7x28, because fuck necking down brass for a magazine fed firearm
>>
>>29415520
I tried to get that, nobody has it anywhere where I live...
>>
>.22 TCM
>5.7x28mm
>7.62x25mm Tokarev
>.30 Carbine (Isn't bottle necked but don't care because fuck you)
>.17-.223 (It's a wildcat but once again don't care because fuck you)
>etc.

Neva bin dun befo
>>
File: burgerpantshands.gif (93 KB, 212x192) Image search: [Google]
burgerpantshands.gif
93 KB, 212x192
>>29415674
.22 wmr equivalent wildcat
>>
>>29415579
You order it online. There is even an American Eagle loading of it.
>>
>>29415755
I guess so, but I don't think I would wanna pay shipping for a round I am going to shoot a lot of.
>>
>>29415777
So you want to make brass for a wildcat for a caliber you are going to shoot a lot of?

What are ypu reaming the chamber with?
>>
>>29415918
That's another issue, I don't know. What do people ream .22 Rush chambers with?
>>
>>29416472
A custom reamer made to cartridge drawings, usually Dave Manson or Clymer. There are others.
>>
>>29416703
Shoot, I didn't even think about the reamers. I never really made a wildcat before, I don't really know how to make one yet.
>>
File: EMOJI.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
EMOJI.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>poorly disguised 5.7 thread

just wound vector my shit up
>>
>>29416887
0.22 is roughly 5,7 in millimeters, nobody is disguising jack shit.
>>
>>29416861
Honestly, if you haven't made a firearm yet, do that before you start making firearms in wildcat chamberings.

Do you have a lathe or access to one? Reaming a chamber without one is hard (I have seen the bushing tooling once ever).

Starting with blowback 22LR and using a factory single stack magazine is probably the best route.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.