[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/-Military Enlistment General coast guard edition >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: 1459175131782.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459175131782.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
/meg/-Military Enlistment General

coast guard edition

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857

Ask questions, get advice from retards on how to lie on the poly, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor, just keep it in this general.
Use the IRC pussies
>>
Do all PJ rejects get sent out to SF?
>>
I have epilepsy that needs medication every day and was told by a marine recruiter that I can't join up. Are all branches like this or just the marines?
>>
>>29412757
Needs of the service most likely.
>>
>>29412773
All.
>>
>>29412790
Damn. I thought so but I just wanted to make sure.
>>
>>29412841
Just quit having seizures dog. Are you over 5'8? Can't join the muhreens anyway
>>
>>29412854
everythread.png
>>
I leave for navy boot camp tomorrow, any advice? I've watched a fucking ton of videos and lurked in a few of these threads so the more obscure the advice better but anything is appreciated
>>
>>29413905
Don't forget to play with the balls.
>>
Finally got my waiver and my officer package is going up.

I asked in the last thread but I'll ask again: anyone know whether there is a set meeting date for Air Force officer boards? I'd like to get an idea of about how long I have left to wait.
>>
>>29413905
If you punch out the DI the first time he yells at you, it will establish your dominance and lead to faster promotions. If you manage to steal his hat, you get put on the fast track for the special force unit of your choice.
>>
I'll be going to USMC boot camp this June. Seeing as we aren't in war time, the recruiter told me that on an infantry contract I can choose what I do once I get to selection. I'll think about recon once I have my MOS.

With that being said, I wanted to do 0331. What should I know about infantry in general along with that MOS?
>>
>>29415143
>enlisting for peacetime infantry on purpose

kek
>>
>>29415299
>implying we won't be going to war soon enough

I don't mind desu
>>
>>29415309

>First term president starting a war after 15 years of the shit

lel oho lel keep lying to yourself
>>
>>29415330
It's a comfy lie tho
>>
What MOS should I be to shoot railguns?
>>
>>29414516
IIRC there are 4 boards a year. One for each fiscal quarter.
>>
>>29415493
Navy FC rate. Join now and be the first in line come 2040!
>>
File: navsea.jpg (340 KB, 1212x616) Image search: [Google]
navsea.jpg
340 KB, 1212x616
>>29415583
That'll take too long. I'll just do it at work.

:^)
>>
>>29415713
pls be in Crane (???)
>>
File: 1458350824610.png (290 KB, 754x554) Image search: [Google]
1458350824610.png
290 KB, 754x554
>>29415713
>NAVSEA

Contractors make me want to die
>>
>>29415880
Nah. Where are railguns fired? Also, I still don't know what Crane does, but they're popular in Washington.

>>29415899
They're the worst. They get paid 30% more and you have to fix all their problems.
>>
Will the muhweens help me get into shape?
>>
File: 1399590810818.png (325 KB, 667x720) Image search: [Google]
1399590810818.png
325 KB, 667x720
>>29415957
>Hey we need you to tag out X, don't worry we'll sign into the job and be down in an hour

>Eight hours of sitting in positive controls later

>Listen, it's too late you need to wait for second shift to finish the job

>MFW

The shipyard is misery.
>>
>>29415957
>what Crane does

According to my buddy who's trying to get an EE job there and knows cutrent employees, they test a lot of radar and EW equipment.
>>
>>29415560

Do you know whether they meet at the beginning or end of each quarter?
>>
>>29416038
No idea. There was a stats release for FY 15 early last September (remember that U.S. GOV fiscal years run 3 months in advance of the calendar year) so that would suggest that they run a board late August, May, Feb, and November

Call AETC and ask them
>>
Why are physical standards different between men and women?
>>
File: bait2_careful.png (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait2_careful.png
55 KB, 625x626
>>29416973
>>
File: 1459208294675-122916027.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1459208294675-122916027.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Tech school is exhausting.
>>
>>29416999
That was a legitimate question. If the military has the same jobs for both men and women why are physical standards lower for women? Wouldn't they preform worse than men?
>>
>>29417029

Maybe it would matter more if 80 % of military jobs weren't non-physical jobs.

Fitness standards are different, but those aren't really used for determining how well you can do your job. Fitness standards change with your age/gender because they're basically there to make sure you aren't getting diabetes. It's a measure of cardiovascular health, nobody is actually running 1.5-3 miles for their job.
>>
File: bait3_allout.png (122 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait3_allout.png
122 KB, 625x626
>>29417029
The answer is that 90% of military jobs require virtually no real degree of physical fitness to perform. (Does an intel analyst sitting at a computer need to be able to do lots of pushups or even shoot to do his or her job?)

The maintenance of a high level of physical fitness requires discipline, and that is a virtue that the military places higher than few others.

A physically fit woman will not be able to run as fast or do as many pushups as a physically fit man. That's simple biology. Thus, holding them to an equal standard is inherently unfair, since a woman would then have to attain a much higher standard of fitness to receive the same scores as a man.
>>
>>29416973
Because muh equality
>>
>>29417149
>>29417150
>80%-90% of jobs aren't physically required.

I did not know that. Hopefully the standards are equal in jobs that have life or death situations like infantry. Thank you.
>>
>>29417262

You would be surprised how few "job standards" there are for jobs like infantry. Most of it is informal. You're expected to be able to keep up and pull your weight, but there's no on-paper regulation for most of it.
>>
>>29417262
>Hopefully the standards are equal in jobs that have life or death situations like infantry. Thank you.

That depends on the country. The US is currently trying to figure out what to do about them and it's raising a whole raft of new issues.

>An infantryman is expected to carry X pounds
An infantryman regularly carries upwards of 90 pounds of gear, but back in 2001, the Army itself recommended that they carry no more than 50 pounds to prevent injuries. The Army has been looking at trying to maximize the utility of the infantryman's equipment while minimizing weight. ("Can this item be eliminated? If not, can it be made lighter?")

Then, while on the subject of equipment, the pack itself. Women have narrower shoulders and shorter torsos, on average, than men. Go into any decent outdoors-adventure store and you'll find women-specific backpacks that fit them a lot better and are less likely to lead to stress-injuries than if they wore a pack that is too big for them.

The irony is that so far, women have shown almost no inclination towards combat roles. The Marines have opened up enlistment contracts to women and offered reclassing and virtually no women have opted to join the infantry, artillery, armor, or engineers.
>>
>>29417430
>the irony is that so far, women have shown almost no inclination towards combat roles. The Marines have opened up enlistment contracts to women and offered reclassing and virtually no women have opted to join the infantry, artillery, armor, or engineers.

Then what was the point of opening up those positions if women don't want them? Sounds like a waste of money to me.
>>
>>29417656
Special Forces is mostly white dudes because black dudes don't apply. Does that mean SF shouldn't allow black dudes?

Doesn't cost much to give 'em a chance.
>>
>>29417666
except the thousands of dollars when they fail lol
>>
File: 1458949543824.jpg (59 KB, 428x600) Image search: [Google]
1458949543824.jpg
59 KB, 428x600
I just swore into the Dep program for the airforce. I'm going in on the mech44 aptitude group. I got a 94 on my AFQT so that's pretty cool I guess. I haven't gotten my drug test results or my blood test, or background check. The first of those could be a problem but I'll find out in 3 days. It's been 3 months since I smoked and I'm pretty skinny so I hope I'm all right. If I don't get in I'm just gonna lay in the middle of the street for a few days.
>>
>>29417710

Sounds like a failure in pre-selection to me. You don't just throw people into a course unless you're confident they can pass.
>>
>>29417666
I guess you have a point.

Thanks for the answers.

Nice trips
>>
>>29417656
>Then what was the point of opening up those positions if women don't want them?

America is the land of opportunity. Anyone should at least be given the chance to succeed at what they want to do. They're still free to fail, of course.

If a woman wants to try and make it, good for her. If a woman tries and fails, that's on her. She can't rightly say that she never got her shot.
>>
>>29417656
The point was women are like cats
>hey I really really want you to do something
>I will destroy all you love and hold dear until you do
>when you do it I'll act like an ungrateful ass
>then ignore the opportunity and keep on doing what I had been
>>
>>29417809
Among the reasons that women don't want to go into combat arms:
- low promotion rates during peacetime
- if they are reclassing, they don't want to leave behind an already in-progress career.
- no one wants to be the first.

The first woman to join an infantry regiment will take an immense amount of shit and be subject to an immense amount of pressure to be a superwoman. Why would anyone want that?

The Marines has begun placing more female NCOs and officers around infantry units (though not necessarily in, yet) in order to both get the men accustomed to being around women and to provide the future females of the combat units with some guidance and mentoring.
>>
Reading the past few threads, alot of people seem to think that PJ's have the easiest reqs.

Why is that? Is it just a meme? Supposedly they have the highest washout rate of any SOF
>>
File: 1455603630530.jpg (134 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1455603630530.jpg
134 KB, 1024x768
Any word on Air Force 1N1? Really leaning toward it, though mainly because its the AFSC of the only Senior AF NCO I've been able to speak to indepth.

Any recommendations on other 1N AFSCs?

>Daily reminder to never Security Forces, ever. Never ever.
>>
>>29418236
1N3
>>
marine or army for infantry?
>>
>>29418501
Marines.
>>
>>29412757
yes

TACP, CCT and PJ washouts get Security Forces
>>
>>29418566
Fuck I want to do PJ but I don't want to go SF if I do fuck up.

Would it help if I got a 99 on my asvab?
>>
>>29418602
Nah don't think that'll help

Your best bet is to not fuck and not give up during PJ training, emphasis on not giving up

I forget what happens if you get injured, I watched a video about PJ's and they mentioned (I believe) but I can't remember.
>>
File: 1454382139251.jpg (23 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1454382139251.jpg
23 KB, 720x720
Please, I need help /k/.

I went to the Army recruiter and took my ASVAB today. I scored a 91 which they seemed to be impressed with. My Skilled Technical line score was 135.

I want EOD. I am dead set on EOD. If there is no possible way I can get EOD I will be willing to settle on Combat Engineer, or perhaps even something else. EOD requires a minimum ST score of 105, so I qualify. That being said EOD was not one of the options that popped up in the system. I suppose there are no slots available right now.

One of the recruiters there seems to be looking out for my best interests but a couple of the higher ranks seem to have other (more selfish) motives. One lied to my face and kept insisting that I would be making a huge mistake if i don't go to MEPS as soon as possible for the Combat Engineer MOS.

I just want EOD /k/ what do I do? Can I tell them I won't accept anything else or will they just drop me and tell me to fuck off? Anyone have any idea how common EOD slots are? Just give me some advice guys I'm dying over here.
>>
>>29418806
You wait. EOD is over strength, so you might have to wait a bit. But just be firm and tell you're recruiter you won't settle for anything less.
>>
>>29418925
Thank you. I appreciate the fast response. Wait it is.
>>
Reposting from last thread.

I'm interested in becoming a pathfinder. Like, the actual billet, not just going to pathfinder school. Is there any way to guarantee I get assigned to a pathfinder unit or is it some kind of luck of the draw thing?
>>
>>29413905
Call your RDC "sir"
>>
File: ASVAB.png (27 KB, 1295x382) Image search: [Google]
ASVAB.png
27 KB, 1295x382
>>29418602
>>
>>29418449
>1N3
What is with the badmouthing and high turnover rate for it? Its just tough?
>>
>>29419132

>thinks getting a 99 on the asvab is a big deal

Do you have your honor roll bumper stickers from elementary school on your car?
>>
How come people say the Infantry is terrible when in peace time?
>>
>>29419258

better den u
>>
>>29414576
You have to steal it without getting caught though. If you just steal it you get transferred to the CB's.
>>
>>29419351
Because they don't do shit anymore. We send special forces to do the jobs that need to be done during peacetime.
>>
>>29417656
>Then what was the point of opening up those positions if women don't want them?

Because some female Reserve officers felt that not being able to branch to combat arms hurt their career.

They're not entirely wrong, in that officers who branched combat arms have more career opportunities for advancement because they can go to more commands, but they were fucking Reserve officers and wouldn't have branched to combat arms any way because the Reserve only has one combat arms unit, the 100th Infantry Battalion which is in American Samoa.
>>
>>29413905
Get a bottom rack near a stanchion, volunteer for head crew and keep your head down. Make friends with port and starboard watch, they make the watchbill. Ask friends and family to send you pages of books. My division passed around one of the Narnia books, that kid didn't have watch for 2 weeks
>>
>>29418806

Not only is EOD overstrength and actively trying to cut down, but a large portion of new EOD guys will never get the chance to do the job since the teams keep shrinking. You have to remember that EOD was massively built up during the wars in Iraq/Afghanistan to combat the emerging threat. Now that we aren't getting blown up on the daily anymore, EOD is going by the wayside.

So...have fun with that.
>>
>>29419372

Nah, I got a 99 as well.

Also, I didn't waste it by choosing a retard mos.
>>
>>29419132
Hey bud thats nothing special I got a 93 while sleep deprived from working the overnight. We're talking 24 hours without sleeping and no food in my stomach.
>>
>briefly entertain the idea of trying to find a military related job i could do
>remember i'm a britbong while all my impressions of the military come from the US and i find it hard to take our mid-tier power status seriously by comparison.
>remember the soviet union died decades ago

i have no idea why the idea even comes to me.
>>
File: 1457536104876.png (271 KB, 498x445) Image search: [Google]
1457536104876.png
271 KB, 498x445
How easy is it for guys in the military to get fine aryan pussy?

Do you just put a picture of yourself in uniform on tindr?
>>
>>29419672
Go SEAL and get deployed to Germany. Now adays they travel to cities around Germany and basically bar hop and fuck like rabbits.
>>
>>29419637
Post proofs fag.
>>
>>29419662
Dude go special forces. British SAS scares the shit out of me.
>>
USCG Hopeful here, have a fucking ton of information from the recruiter and online resources if anyone is interested in learing more.

Looking at either doing Maritime Enforcement (Hopefully MSRT down the road), or Rescue Swimmer. I'm an EMT currently, love what I do, also considering doing FDNY EMS, and potentially Firefighter (I live right next to the city). Pretty set on military but there's a few things that could hold me up. Possibly needing a tattoo waiver, needing a medical waiver for a past shoulder injury, and having ~$700 of credit card debt, and god awful credit (Why do they let 18 year olds get credit cards? God I was retarded).
>>
>>29419753
>coast guard
What is our esteemed puddle pirates doing on such a naughty website?
>>
>>29419684
>Germany
>Aryan pussy

Nice try Ahmed

>>29419753
I had like $500 in credit card debt when I signed up lol

tfw 0% apr until June :^)
>>
>>29419766
I'm not a puddle pirate yet, so I'm not held to moral standards.
>>
>>29419753
Don't know about Coast Guard specifically, but Navy and Marines don't check your credit score. They just care about how much debt you're in, whether or not you're currently in collections, etc

700 dollars is fucking nothing. Just pay that shit off.
>>
>>29419717

Took it 15 years ago, young man. I'd probably have to do some special request in order to get a copy of my score.

Funny, as a pog augment from the beginning of the war I probably have more trigger time than any of the kiddies itt going combat arms will ever get.
>>
Aye who DLI, Monterey here?
>>
>>29419637
>>29419654

>mos

Navy here m8.

>>29419654

You are also implying I got any appreciable sleep as well.
>>
>>29419801
Coast Guard does check credit, and it needs to be in good standing.

Additionally, I can't fucking afford it currently, barely making enough to get by on the minimums right now. All of this started as like $300 because my old POS car broke down and needed to be towed, and the bank added on like $150 as a late fee, and playing catch up is hard.
>>
File: 1448546626149.png (9 KB, 411x387) Image search: [Google]
1448546626149.png
9 KB, 411x387
>>29419812
not that guy, but whats a pog?
>>
>>29419654
This desu senpai.

It's pretty much a high school level standardized test.

Got a 97 on a Monday after an all weekend bender and forgetting that I had to take it.

Muuuuhrhrreeeeenn recruiter thought I was just christmas treeing that shit.
>>
>>29419831
>not that guy, but whats a pog?

It's one of those things you stack up and hit with a slammer to try and flip them.

They also use them in place of coins when you go to AAFES places while deployed.
>>
>>29419840
Yes.
>>
Any Hospital Corpsmen here to tell me how to avoid going blue side? I want to deploy with our esteemed oorahs
>>
>>29419812
>young man
>trigger time
>kiddies

You sound like a teenager trying to sound old and gruff desu.
>>
>>29419898

Sorry, I was deployed before call of duty existed. I don't use the jargon that you guys all do now.

Oscar mike!! hurrr
>>
>>29419812
greybeard pls go
>>29419937
>>
>>29419886

>corpsman

you dun goof'd.

3rd rdc 12 years in with 2 tours in Iraq still a second class. mathematically impossible for him to grab 1st class first 8 times taking the exam
>>
>>29419961

Will do.

I'm sure all the 23 year old baby vets who know pretty much nothing about the military and life in general will be able to help you guys make good career decisions.
>>
File: muh reens.jpg (309 KB, 740x902) Image search: [Google]
muh reens.jpg
309 KB, 740x902
>>29420042
i bet you've never even used munitions to unjam a machine gun old man
>>
>>29420042
Ok fuck stay, just tell me about corpsman.
>>29420035
dont give a shit about rank, just want to party in the desert with marines
>>
File: 1437103663943.jpg (20 KB, 379x375) Image search: [Google]
1437103663943.jpg
20 KB, 379x375
NEETfag here

Tired of collecting NEETbux and wanting to fix my life tbqh familia

1. what branch should I join?
2. how do i get /fit/
3. where do i start
>>
>>29420065
So they make shit like this because people do the things the signs warn not to do.

Which was hilarious when I saw a sign in the USO in the Atlanta air port that said "PLEASE DO NOT MASTURBATE IN THE USO" right behind all of the recliners.
>>
>>29420086
1. navy
2. navy boot camp involves scaled running, start off at half a mile untimed and work your way up
3. recruiter
>>
>>29420079

>don't give a shit about pay

You check decides how much fun you can have every month, what billets you qual for, and much much more.

Don't be an ignorant glory hunter. Talk to a greensider about what it was like and how much shit they had to put up with.
>>
>>29420086
>1. what branch should I join?
If dumb GO ARMY
If manlet muhgreenz
If gay navy
If fat chairforce

>2. how do i get /fit/
You don't
>3. where do i start
>>
>>
>>29420117
dawg im just trying to shoot some muslims for a couple re enlists up to e7 then get out and PA for some medical facility after doing some school
>>
>>29420140
>if gay go navy
do you kiss your father with that mouth?
>>
>>29420086
Start with getting /fit/, but don't use /fit/.

Couch to 5k (C25k) is a fantastic program to start, in only a few months your stagnant NEET self will be able to run 3.1 miles consistently. Which is good. Also use:

100 pushups
200 sit ups

They're both great programs, free online, just make an excel sheet of what you need to do and do it. Buy some resistance bands at target, get 1 big enough to do squats with, and one for legs/stretching. An exercise mat wouldn't hurt either.
>>
>>29420117
like, sierra 117 im being 100% serious when I say i hate muslims more than i want an extra 400 dollars every month or whatever the pay jump from chief to sr chief is so if you could just give me advice on achieving my goal instead of trying to deter me that'd be greaaaaat
>>
File: 65204481.jpg (138 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
65204481.jpg
138 KB, 500x418
>>29420117
>>29420165
forgot meme
>>
File: 1454583031869.png (145 KB, 600x526) Image search: [Google]
1454583031869.png
145 KB, 600x526
>>29420140
what do I do in the navy?

>>29420161
thanks m80

I'm not a fatass but I do love watching animes while on my couch
>>
>>29420211
what are your interests?
>>
>>29420534
Planes and computers, I like coding I guess
>>
>>29420810
CT jobs (ie. CTN) or Avionics and Aircraft maintnence jobs.
Both of the above can get you good shit after you leave.

Nuke if you like suffering.

P.S. DO NOT SAY YOU'RE INTERESTED IN NUKE. EVEN IF YOU ARE.
>>
For those planning to enlist, whats your plan after your contract? Re-upping?

I was thinking after I'd go get a bachelor's and try to join the FBI through their tactical program, or if I like it enough make the military my career
>>
I'm in my 2nd year of college and thinking of joining the army for 2 years reserve / 2 years active but not sure what job I should do.

Kind of like 19D but I've heard peacetime combat jobs suck donkey dick and kind of thinking I should do something more practical.. thoughts?
>>
Yo so I'm in the process of picking a job for the navy, and they want me to go nuc.

Read all the horror stories, and declined. With that said I researched and found out that Annapolis takes in enlisted sailors and whatnot so I decided to shoot for that.

I have fairly good college grades ~3.5 in lower div courses (48 semester units) and excellent sat/act scores. 2100+. The only holdback would be my highschool grades?

With that said would it matter what job I picked? If so what would be the most ideal for transferring into the academy?
>>
>>29421752

do you like having sex with men?
>>
>>29421767
You don't?
>>
>>29421780
I-I do...

r u a qt
>>
>>29421752
Nuke is actually pretty decent to get into the academy with. Plus you've got a lot of time in training to apply for officer programs.
>>
>>29421788
Sorry I've got a daughteru to take care of.

>>29421791
Really? Cos everyone, the recruiters included, tell me nuke is one of the jobs where the only way out is going sad panda.

I guess they make an exception for academy?
>>
>>29420845
this always make them work to get you nuke, military can give you money, college education promises, extra leave etc for signing up for specific jobs but never if you ask for it. say you think nuke would be a difficult life
>>
File: 1443018270542.jpg (77 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1443018270542.jpg
77 KB, 960x960
>>29420845
wot about air traffic controll
>>
>>29420144
>getting to 7 and not retiring

K
>>
>>29421791
Literally no upside to going Nuke over CTN if this is your goal.
>>
>>29418806

>That moment when Marine EOD is a critical MOS and actively needs bodies

>They only take Senior Corporals and Sergeants

It'd be the same way over here too, except going combat engineer or 0351 Assaultman would be you best bets, seeing how they play with the basics.
>>
I want to join the coast guard in a few years, but I have asthma. It's super well controlled though, and I'm not a moron. Any chance they might let me in if I have experience working as an EMT, a high ASVB score, and can pass the graduation requirements before I even start training?
>>
Is being a designated marksman/sniper as much fun as it's always made out to be or is it just lying in uncomfortable positions doing maths and shooting once every few minutes?
>>
>>29423000
>fun
>ever
>>
All the local recruiters are housed in the same building. I'm not really sure which branch I want to join yet. Which recruiter should I talk to?
>>
>>29415143
www.terminallance.com read everything
>>
>>29419753
If it is a job that requires a security clearance then debt and credit matter. I had to go fix all my outstanding credit issues when I applied for clearance.
>>
>>29424201
Talk to all of them, tell each of them you want to serve but are unsure about what branch you want to serve under. It would also be polite to tell them you're talking to recruiters from each branch.
Do your homework and get a couple of MOS's/ratings/AFSC's that interest you from each branch.
>>
>>29424267

Yep, because the Marine Corps definitely needs more too cool for school kids who don't care about their jobs, the range, or pfts, yet still feel entitled to promotions.

Skating shitbags, pls go.
>>
>>29424405
>I had to go fix all my outstanding credit issues
>outstanding credit issues
>outstanding

This is the keyword here. You can have debt and get a clearance.

It just can't be outstanding debt. i.e. you can have credit card debt so long as you aren't delinquent, or have a history of delinquency.
>>
>>29422689
Assman here. Don't be a fucking grunt. Just fucking don't.

Engineers are my favorite pogs. If I could do it again I'd be intel.
>>
>>29424987
I bet you're a fucking pog.
>>
Fellow Commonwealth fag here. Planning on becoming an Engineer Officer. What's the recommended path to take: 4 year ROTC, applying for West Point or applying a Military Junior College?
>>
>>29425302
I'm going 03xx. What's wrong with being a grunt?
>>
>>29425419
It sucks. You can pick anything that we do, and they will make it terrible. You don't actually do cool shit as a grunt. You do stuff that looks cool, but you repeat it adnausium.

In general, you are with normal peoplewho can be really cool, but the assholes are otherworldly. You will be dooing completely irrational shit to appease people whose sphere of influence will never extend outside of the Marine corps because they are literally too inept to do anything else, so they stay in and rank up.

Anyone who is smart doesnt reenist because why the fuck would you get paid less than 30k to do more work of the same type of thing you could be making 150k for?

Not to mention the chronic physical problems I developed before I was old enough to drink.

I swear to god anon, this is a bad decision you're about to make. I had a 97 on my AFQT on the ASVAB, I had options, I could have gone to college and fucked uni sluts on the reg, but I had something to prove and I ended up here, and all I proved is that I drabk the koolaid.
>>
>>29425566
I'm on mobile, that is why my spelling is shit
>>
>>29425566
I don't know. Is it really that bad if you get basically free college out of it?

When I decided I was going to join, I told myself I'll do something that's truly military like, like going infantry instead of a desk job I could get anywhere else. The pride of the military is the infantry and that's where I want to be.

I'm a bit conflicted though. There's plenty of stories about the Infantry being a pretty okay-ish and there's plenty of stories like yours. I don't really know what to expect but all I can hope for is the best.
>>
>>29419818
what language?
>>
So how accurate is this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usn02CkdQrI
>>
>>29425731
Not even so much pride as begrudging sense of accomplishment. I'm telling you though, infantry culture is infuryating and infantile.

I'd wait and see if we go to war with ISIS. If the next few MEUs that go out see combat then yea, you'll be one of the few wardogs and it'll be more worth it, if not, move on.

Also:
>free college
What is with this meme?
>>
>>29425731
>infantry is the pride of the military
Have fun sweeping sunshine off the curb buddy. Also
>free college
I'm not army but I'm a 2a2x2 for the air force, I work Shit hours, and don't get recognized for anything, so I'd imagine you're hopping in the same boat.
>>
>>29425818
>What is with this meme?

G.I Bill?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 377x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 377x345
>free college
>3 years of service
>free
>>
>>29425314

And I'm guessing you were either a terminal lance or a never was.

Whatever, dude. If you want to be a piece of shit Marine who can't even get so much as a security guard job upon separation, then have at it.

The hilarious thing is that probably nobody itt who goes 03 will even get a CAR in their four years. It is going to be hard to brag about being in the infantry when you never did anything.
>>
>>29425566

>all I proved is that I drabk the koolaid.

I'm so glad that my recruiter talked me out of going infantry.

Seventeen year old me was the edgiest of edgelords. I wanted to play tough guy possibly get sex by telling girls I was in the infantry and I could die tomorrow. I was so upset that I was in school for thirteen months while people I knew watched saddam's statue go down in person.

My got my combat action ribbon through augmenting and my mos got me an $80k job locked down while I was in SEPS while everyone else I knew on the ground side moved back in with their parents.

Not completely drinking the kool aid was the best decision of my life.
>>
>>29425967

Plus the minor fact that you have to pay into the gi bill.

>kids actually believing your housing is free
>kids actually believing your food is free
>kids actually believing you get the gi bill the day you sign
>kids actually believing what their recruiters tell them
>>
>>29419662
all of my wut. you can go para, royal marine, sas, sbs, srr, sfsg, royal navy mine clearance diver, the list goes on. take the sf route and you will work your job, the uk is too active internationally for sf to do nothing at all, not to mention still being in foreign policy lockstep with the us.

you should go over to arrse.co.uk and read up for a bit. there is not a decade in history where the uk hasn't been somewhere doing some thing.
>>
Hey guys, heres my current plan, please assess.
>Finish HS this year
>Join Marines
>Do training, then reserves
>Go to college while in reserves
Thoughts?
>>
>>29426462
You don't pay but like $1200.
>>
>>29426674

>Do training, then reserves
>Go to college while in reserves

Does this mean that you will do an active enlistment and then reserve or you're signing for reserve?

If the latter then I approve. I would personally go NG or ANG, but I do think that is a better route for you since you're a kid and not a working professional.

You're probably going to regret going Marine Corps, but whatever. I understand the allure of their propaganda machine, and since you're going reserve it isn't going to be that much of a waste of your life.
>>
>>29426462
>>29426692
I think that's for Montgomery. If you transfer to post 9/11 you get that $1200 back.
Source: I'm ETSing
>>
>>29426692

That is why I referred to it as minor.

I don't know whether you served but when I was in boot camp there was an alarming number of people who not only turned down the kicker but the gi bill entirely, stating that Billy Bob or whomever will get them a job at the factory when they get out so they don't need college. They would rather have the money.

Also, of course I have met hundreds of former military of all branches who never used the gi bill.
>>
>>29426446
>my got my car through augmenting
You what? Are you one of those faggots who got a combat award because you were on a fob that had a rocket hit 5k from you?
>>
>>29426766

You don't know what an augment is? You've never served?
>>
>>29426810
You worded it poorly and I wasn't in the corps. Were you attached?
>>
>>29426843

Yeah, to 3/5 and a laad battalion.

I don't know what they call them now but when I was in they colloquially called people attached to other units "augments." I said that I got my car through augmenting because I was a radar guy and would have only got one if someone managed to fight their way through the Romanians, which never happened.
>>
>>29426739
Straight to reserves. Yeah, the propaganda machine kinda does lure me, plus the longer time in training means more money for when I get out.
>>
>>29426908
Well if you earned it you earned it. I got my cab for an engagement and know of people who got them for being in earshot of a mortar attack, it just really takes all meaning out of it.
>>
>>29426931

If I remember correctly I left boot camp with about $1600 - you pay for all your uniforms and such while you're there.
>>
>>29426942

I just mentioned it because the requisite response to someone talking about being a tech is usually that you never got to do any cowadooty stuff.

I have long since stopped paying attention to which unit is going where but I have heard that pretty much only special forces guys are actually getting in fights. I just feel sorry kids who are signing up for 03 thinking that it is still 2003.
>>
>>29427000
Who cares about awards. I've been in 8 years and have less than some PFCs. I know what I did and so do the guys I was with, that's the end if it to me.
>>
>>29427061

You have to establish credibility for the kids here.

>I've been in 8 years and have less than some PFCs

I am curious as to how you managed to have less shit than someone who has, I'm assuming, been in for three years or less - and in the Army no less.
>>
>trying to increase my number of push ups before army basic training
>was able to do 10 in a row a couple days ago.
>yesterday and today I can barely do any

Do I just need a break or something? Maybe more protein?
How the fuck am I supposed to get up to 17 in 2 weeks?
>>
>>29427143
Because they hand out AAMs like candy to the kids to make them think they're doing a good job. Officers are just expected to do their job without expecting a handout. I have the standard 3 plus some combat ones, that's it.
>>
>>29427143
>the army no less
>implying the corps is so much harder
Oh fuck off with that meme
>>
>tfw i just had meps today

now i just have to wait for my waiver to come back from the SG for the second time and im golden, the hype is real for all kinds of POG glory
>>
>>29427167

Ah. In the Marine Corps it is the NAM - Army AM = Navy AM. I still don't see how a pfc could have more than you, I figured you were just being hyperbolic.

In the Marine Corps whenever a unit does something crazy it is not uncommon for the commander to get some super overblown award like a silver star. My last deployment was with a MACS unit and our major was given a silver star with a "V" while we all got jmucs and some other crap.

>>29427183

I wasn't implying that, but if you want to be buttblasted over your own apparent insecurity then be my guest.
>>
>>29427213

What is your waiver for?

I had to get one for my penicillin allergy, funny since I am prior service and it was already in my record. I guess I must have said some trigger word; it took about two weeks to go through.
>>
>>29427223
Yeah that's why most awards are garbage, I saw majors practically give themselves valor awards for absolutely nothing. I was pushed off an engagement by the same guy because of his ego and he deliberately put the ground force in danger to stoke his own cock. A junior soldier who has the "free 3" plus campaign medals, deployment award and a good conduct medal has more awards than me, not hard to comprehend.
>>
>tfw can't enlist cuz muh ass burgers and depression
>>
>>29427257
Everyone has depression. People who hand it without meds are called "men"
>>
>>29427235
ADHD and taking adderal for 8 years, but i quit it cold turkey, graduated with honors and a 3.4 gpa, and got eagle scout without it, also penicillin allergy i guess, just gives me a minor rash :Y i got approved to go thru meps even knowing about both, so i think with what i have i should be fine, nothing physical wrong at all
>>
about two weeks till I leave for Navy boot now, i've been waiting in DEP for like 9 months so at this point I dont really have any questions left but I have been wondering how the transition from basic to A school is. Do we start off rather restricted and it eases off? I assume it depends on if the class is composed more of fresh recruits or people cross rating but I dont know
>>
How big of a gap is there between each class of recruits at Marine boot camp?
>>
>>29427404
About 4 inches given the tallest recruit is 5'8.
>>
>>29427384

Sounds good.

You may have to go back for an inspection. They might ask you whether you throat closes or anaphalaxis in general concerning the penicillin allergy; just say "no," not "I don't know" or anything else. If you tell them that you don't know then the medical history doctor has to start an investigation of your medical records, which will delay your process.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
>mfw i always made fun of manlets because i thought i was 5'11"
>army says i'm 5'9"
>but that also means i'm not underweight (yes i'm spooky)
>>
>>29427146
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but you're going to need to be able to do a lot of consecutive pushups. Start doing 5 pushups every 60 seconds for 3 hours while you watch TV or something.
>>
>>29428203

FYI: being 5' 11" still makes you a manlet.
>>
>>29429491
*manlet royalty
FTFY
now i'm just a manlet peasant, fuck my shit up senpai
>>
I'm not at all interested in joining infantry in peacetime, but if we get into another war soon then ideally that's what I want to be doing.

I'm wondering, if I were to join now and choose something other than infantry, would I ever have the opportunity of switching into it? If I finished my enlistment period but then a war kicks up after that, could I reenlist and become infantry?
>>
I have a question for all the navy vets is it worth it to become an MA?
It's the most appealing thing to me
>>
>>29429641
Yes
>>
>>29429641

If we actually go into a major ground conflict again, infantry will probably take transfers pretty easily.

The determining factor will mostly be whatever job you're in now. Good luck switching out if you're in some kind of next-gen warfare job (drone operator, computer hacker, etc). That stuff is even higher demand.
>>
>>29429776
No.
>>
>>29425154
>99 ASVAB
>no criminal history
>400 USD went to collection

s-sory we aren't taking waivers on anyone for anything. fucking chairforce
>>
>>29427404
usually two weeks, but there are exceptions. I meant in December 15 but due to Christmas and January 1st and stuff the next company didn't pick up until January 5
>>
>>29430632

>being mad at others for your own retardation

Are you a woman?
>>
>>29430492
Out of curiosity, Why?
>>
>tfw in NROTC
>service selection was in October
>get LASIK so I can be pilot
>wanted to be a pilot my whole life
>also really, really dont want to go subs
>got selected for subs
>fuck
>supposed to have interview w/ admiral on this Thursday
>CO calls me into his office
>Due to some really weird circumstances, a pilot slot opened up
>if you want it, I can put your name down. Its not 100% you'll get it, but I feel very confident
>Fuckyes.jpg
>I knew you'd say that, so I already put your name down, and canceled your interview

Holy shit guys I might actually achieve my dream. You ever want something so bad, that its all you think about, and it keeps you up at night?
>>
>>29431120
Been a pilot for 8 years. It's nice achieving something you've wanted your whole life. Once you accomplish that you'll be looking for the next big thing.
>>
>>29431120
Your CO cares man, you're lucky as fuck.
I wish the best for you faggot, maybe one day I'll call your bitch ass to do a flyby when I'm fixing marines and SEALs up on the ground.
>>
>>29431120
Fuck man, it took me too long to realize they actually accept certain types of eye laser surgery, I always thought my eyes automatically DQ me for pilot, only found out till recently they don't. Now it's too fucking late and I'll be too old by the time I finish my bachelor's, always wanted to fly planes too.

Good luck friendo, do it for me, some random stranger that can't achieve his dreams anymore
>>
>>29431639
Your dream is only dead as long as you let it die.
>>
>>29431650
Age limit for the Navy is like 28, and last I checked on the Air Force website the cut off was 27

If I start my bachelor's now I'll be 28 by the time I finish, and as I have been told age waivers for pilots are so unlikely its almost impossible.

There's always Warrant Officer though, I think
>>
>>29431725
Not always but sure.
>>
>>29431606
I think my CO must have pulled some strings or something. He was a test pilot for the X-35, so I bet he knows some people. Its just a great feeling knowing that a fucking Captain cares about a midshipman who hasn't even served yet.

>>29431639
>>29431725
You might want to recheck the age limit. When I went in for my flight physical, I went with a MECEP attached to our school/unit. He was 32 I think. He had to get a waiver, but he's commissioning with me and he's going to be a pilot. So its possible.
>>
File: 1429048282729.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1429048282729.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
I have a stutter problem

will this mean trouble for me?
>>
>>29431805

>I went with a MECEP attached to our school/unit. He was 32 I think.

I'm not that anon.

Pretty sure prior service people have different age limits.
>>
>>29431823
Y-y-y-you muh muh might get made fun of.
>>
>>29431725
>age waivers are impossible
if a 36 year old man can become a navy SEAL you can become a pilot at age 28-34
>>
>>29431725
in the navy the rules are made to be bent.
>>
>>29431823
Do you care about a bunch of mouth breathers doing mock-stutters at you?
If not, you won't have a problem.
>>
>>29432130
This. The way my CO explained it:
>Navy is Rule by Negation
Basically, if the rules dont say anything about it, you can do it.

But in the Army/Air Force, if the rules dont say anything about it, you cannot do it.
>>
>>29432161
Your CO sounds like a fucking bro. I wish I could get to know him.
>>
File: Psyops.jpg (521 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
Psyops.jpg
521 KB, 800x530
From what I understand you can apply as an officer to the army reserve and go directly through to Psyops/Civil affairs selection and training. I am going for a PhD at some point in the near future possibly and would be interested in going this route while I work on it (do army reserves officer psyops while working on PhD). Would anyone have more knowledge about this? Bumping with Psyops and civil affairs
>>
>>29412551
Anyone here know anything about the FFL?
Was considering going to try out for the FFL and if I fucked up marines or army.
How bad a plan is this?
American btw
>>
File: psyops 2.jpg (141 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
psyops 2.jpg
141 KB, 800x600
>>29432216
>>
File: psyops 3.jpg (1 MB, 2366x1577) Image search: [Google]
psyops 3.jpg
1 MB, 2366x1577
>>29432226
>>
>>29432216

Only people I know of who sometimes go directly to training are DCOs.

Where did you hear that? Sounds like completely bullshit, can't find anything to that effect online.
>>
>>29419886
You're gonna end up going blue side eventually. It's not that bad as long as you stay out of hospitals/clinics. Try seabees. I'm with a green side unit now in the stumps, but when I was picking orders a year ago, there was like 1 east coast, and 1 for 29 Palms. The rest were small boys and clinics.
>>
So the age limit for joining the navy is 28? Fuck. There goes my backup plan.
>>
File: psyops 4.jpg (4 MB, 5760x3840) Image search: [Google]
psyops 4.jpg
4 MB, 5760x3840
>>29432216
>>
>>29432216

I don't know about PSYOPS but CA is looking for O-2 Promotables only. You will not enter as anything less.

Even then I'd still tell you to stay the fuck out because CA completely removed all APFT and Height and Weight standards to retain warm bodies now that the deployments are pretty much all over.
>>
>>29432275
what? no, its 34 or some shit
>>
>>29432309
what do you mean by O-2 promotables? Forgive my ignorance.
>>
>>29432216
If your degrees are in related fields, there are civilian jobs that which offer you much better prospects than being a reserve CA or psyops officer.
>>
File: civil-affairs-hr.jpg (1 MB, 3600x2400) Image search: [Google]
civil-affairs-hr.jpg
1 MB, 3600x2400
>>29432354
Yea... but i do want to be able to "operate" in some capacity. I have to be out there taking part. Not just sitting behind a desk theorizing my whole life. You know? And they are related degrees. Foreign service. I speak Russian and Persian fluently as well.
>>
>>29432352
It looks like in the reserves, you have to pin CPT first before you can go CA or psyops. That means you're another kind of officer for about 4 years first before you even have the opportunity to switch.
>>
>>29432411
Interesting. So like how it is on active duty? Its strange. I was told they had almost a pipeline for it in the reserves. Hm...
>>
>>29432404
There are CA civilians in the field. They used to call them human terrain teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Terrain_System
>>
>>29432352

You must be an O-2 eligible for promotion to O-3 or CA won't even look at you.

>>29432404

You will never ever fucking operate in reserve side CA or PSYOPS and this is coming from a 6 year CA vet.
>>
>>29432431
I hear that Psyops reservists get to spend a bunch of time in the field (all over africa predominantly) is this true?
>>
>>29432427
I'm not a reserve officer, and you might get different info from a better source. I'm just looking at DA PAM 600-3 chapters 17 and 18.

It's also possible with certain advanced degrees to directly commission to CPT. I've never heard of anyone doing that for CA, but it's certainly possible.
>>
>>29432436
What about the Psyops guys?
>>
>>29432446
No idea, sorry. All the CA and Psyops guys I've ever worked with were active duty.
>>
>>29432452
Ah alright. So you are speaking mostly about the active system rather than reserves?
>>
>>29432458
Again, this is the book answer: Both active duty and reserve CA and psyops require you to be almost a CPT (active duty) or already a CPT (reserve) before you can switch into their branch. So you'd commission as transpo, infantry, whatever, and then switch later.

If there's some kind of exception to this, I've never heard of it but that doesn't mean its impossible.
>>
>>29432446

CA and PSYOPS do have the occasional rare deployment to AFRICOM but I wouldn't bet on you getting on one of those deployments until you've been at the unit for 2-4 years and even if you did why would you want to. You'd be in charge of a bunch of fatties, women, and other retards delusional enough to believe CA is doing anything worth a fuck these days.

I urge you in the strongest possible terms to stop looking at CA and PSYOPS.

If you want to interact with foreign nationals, do not want to work behind a desk, and want to be part of the military go 18A or fuck off because you won't be happy any other way.
>>
>>29432339

I must've misread >>29431725 maybe he was talking about being a pilot specifically, thank you
>>
>>29432475
It would be impossible to do that and get my PhD as well though...

>>29432475
I get why people may hate CA, but why PSYOPS?
>>
>>29432607

Then you're pretty well fucked unless you think of another way to go 18A because 38A and 37A (reserve side no less) is going to be the exact opposite of what you want.

Because reserve side CA and PSYOPS pull from the same USACAPOC plate which currently is shit. While they still may have physical standards their deployment cycle and conduct isn't any better than CA.

If I had to do it all over again I'd have gone 18X instead of 38B but too late now. The best I can do is warn you off but if you want to join a command I'm intimately knowledgeable of despite my warnings be my guest.
>>
>>29432662
Dont you basically exclusively have to be a West Point grad who branches infantry and go through ranger bat to become an SF officer?
>>
>>29432680

Absolutely not.
>>
>>29432447

Pretty sure in every branch you can only be a DCO with a professional degree, and of course you have to serve as that profession.
>>
>>29432709
So what does it usually take then?
>>
>>29432780

Set an appointment to talk to an actual army recruiter and not a medley of vets and non-vets in the wee hours on the weapons board of 4chan. OCS slot is the next step.

I'm crashing but again heed my warning and stay the fuck away from USACAPOC.
>>
>>29432680
where do people get this silly shit?
>>
>>29432866

Ground side people like to think that they're the best of the best, so they spread these lies about their officers somehow being elite.

I guess the privilege of calling other people pogs somehow makes a ground guy feel better about being unemployable upon separation.
>>
>>29432891
>Ground side
Literally what? Do you mean legs or combat arms in general because SF and Ranger Batt aren't legs and to pass the selection to get into either is extremely elite.
Civie trying to sound mil fucking laughably detected
>>
>>29432754
Direct appointments are normally for professions like lawyers, chaplains, and docs, yes, but there's no rule that they have to be.

I went through BOLC 2 with a direct commission MI officer. Of course, that was during the surge, so w/e.
>>
Hey can any of you tell me what no shit HM Greenside is like? I'm an athletic dude with an interest in medicine and killing bad guys.
>>
>>29433163
>Britbongs on /k/
Don't get your hopes up, it's pretty America-centric here
>>
>>29433213
>HM Greenside
>British
Nigger I'm talking about Hospital Corpsman attached to the marines.
>>
File: P7LE9ka.gif (445 KB, 474x379) Image search: [Google]
P7LE9ka.gif
445 KB, 474x379
>>29433213
>>
>>29418501
Can you do some math? If yes then army.
>>
Should I have an MOS in mind before I talk to a recruiter? I've looked through a fair few positions and haven't seen anything that's really jumped out at me.
>>
>>29433239
Just say corpsman, homo
>>
>>29425566
Do you think the same goes for 11b's in the army?
>>
>>29433577
You don't need to but it's strongly recommended that you do. If the recruiter starts suggesting MOSs write them down and research them in your spare time. Don't be in a rush to run off to MEPS and sign as an 88M because your recruiter told you how much of a perfect fit for you it was.
>>
File: top 10 anime swordsmen.jpg (48 KB, 486x809) Image search: [Google]
top 10 anime swordsmen.jpg
48 KB, 486x809
About me

>21, not super physically fit but actively making an effort to get in shape, have been lifting and I've lost weight (the most I've ever weighed is 195, I'm a lightweight)
>Very booksmart and analytical. Good writer. I am a heavy reader and study military history as well as tactics, strategy, etc. It's something I'm very passionate about and interested in.

I am considering joining the Army to become a human intelligence specialist.

Pros
>Too poor to afford school anyways
>Will get on the job training
>Will gain skills in a field I plan on sticking with after service (I plan to do PMC work till I can't or don't want to anymore)

Cons
>I really really really don't want people thanking me for my service all the time and in fact will go out of my way to mention it as little as humanly possible
>Will probably get tired of repeating memorized phrases for service formations or whatever, I mostly just want to do my job.

I plan on going into Defense and Security either way, it's just a matter of whether this is the best route for me.

What say you /k/?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.