[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ Canadian here thinking about buying a Mosin for hunting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1450306236453.gif (2 MB, 351x307) Image search: [Google]
1450306236453.gif
2 MB, 351x307
Hey /k/

Canadian here thinking about buying a Mosin for hunting and general shooting. Are Mosins generally half decent shooters? How important is it to buy one in person? Or is it fine to buy one online?

Any tips/advice appreciated!
>>
>>29412344
That gif turned me into an active shooter.
>>
>>29412361
lol a good ass will do that
>>
>>29412344
>Are Mosins generally half decent shooters?

Sure.
>How important is it to buy one in person?

Not THAT important, there are few ways you can fuck up a mosin out of the box.
>Or is it fine to buy one online?

It's fine.
>>
>>29412412
Ok cool, I've been worried about a couple stories where people buy online and get a Mosin that cant hit the side of a barn
>>
>>29412344

They are not precision rifles but they are accurate rifles. Just check the bore when you buy one and if it doesn't look like a rusted sewer pipe you will be fine. Fine for hunting but the recoil is a bit much for long term plinking. It's really difficult to mess up a mosin.
>>
>>29412344
no get something that easy takes a scope
>>
>>29412344
Seriously...

Best.
Squirrel.
Rifle.

EVER.

Great for rabbit, too.
>>
>>29412567
For 200 maplebucks its pretty hard to beat though
>>
Don't have experience with Mosins but I'm sure other guys will be able to help
>>
You'll get 3moa at best.
>>
>>29412636
if its going to be for hunting you will want a scope.
>>
>>29413863
I guess but in the bush I probably wouldn't be taking a shot over 100 yards
>>
My Mosin 91/30 is easily the most reliable rifle ive ever owned. Anyone who says you need a scope to go hunting probably goes camping in an RV. Scopes are nice but unless your a fuckin autist and cant handle being closer than 150 meters to an animal they just arent needed to hunt. The harsh recoil can be easily fixed with a 10 dollar rubber buttpad. They are the cheapest, easiest to use, and most accurate rifle for any filthy casual looking to get into guns.
>>
That and ammo is balls cheap, maintenance is nill other than, you know, fucking cleaning it if you use shitty ammo, and being a crack shot at 100 yards with iron sights is stupid easy, even for a so called "Innaccurate gun"
>>
>>29413813
Wow, terrific input. Really great stuff!
>>
>>29414634
Thanks for the info. I know there's a lot of people who love them, and a ton that hate on them.
>>
>>29415041
I mean, there are better guns, for more money, but thats life bruh, you wanna spend less than more than a months pay on a gun AND have it be reliable AND have it be reasonably accurate AND get a gun you could probably abuse for the life of the weapon and it still works? Mosin nagant is the way to go. I guarantee anything you do to it, wont be worse than a russian winter in WWII.

On the flip side, you might have unlimited funds and a boner for scopes that cost as much (Or more) as a gun thats harder to operate and take care of than a mosin, thats fine too, the choice is up to you man.
>>
>>29415041
Oh wait I forgot, you can get a scoped sniper version for 150 more if you're a smart shopper. Or if your particularly handy and disregard collectibility you can put a mount and scope on the mosin, fairly easily, and relatively cheaply.
>>
>>29413851
That's exactly what mine does with the bayonet attached, and for the money I paid for it, that is goddamn perfect.
>>
OP here. I just ordered one, with tax and shipping it came to $220 maplebucks. Lets hope she's as nice as she looked online!
>>
>>29415327
Fantastic, Hope you enjoy it!
>>
How much is a savage axis in Canada?
>>
>>29415421
With scope at cabelas, 459. you could probs have it cheaper without a scope, but there are no iron sights.
>>
>>29415327
I would have recommended a Remington 770 or a Savage Axis. Mosins are okay, but that's all they are.
>>
>>29416398
Okay is fine for my purposes. I figure you cant go wrong with cheap, reliable and accurate enough
>>
>>29412344
>Are Mosins generally half decent shooters?
No

People who think mosins are good shooters have never used a good rifle and/or are in denial.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.