[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
.45's?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 45.jpg (42 KB, 470x353) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
42 KB, 470x353
Hey /k/ I am looking to buy a .45 for home defense, personal defense, edc etc.

before I get attacked for having a small penis or something let me explain. I just really like the recoil on .45's. Lower caliber handguns line .40 and 9mm always seem so snappy an erratic. Obviously I could fix that with range time, but .45's I can pretty much just pick up and shoot with great accuracy. Especially on follow ups.

Right now I am between a few different guns.

If I were to just impulse buy something it would probably be a glock 41. It is cheaper than most .45's from what I have seen and it is a Glock so you know bury it in frozen mud and still shoots fine.

If I were to spend more time (and dinero) I would probably try to pick up a FNX 45 tactical or an HK .45. I liked the FNX a little better but they were fairly comparable in my opinion.

I am also a huge fan of 1911's. I was planning to just get a newer one but then thought maybe I need to get something more modern.

Advice on .45's or suggestions. Also general .45 caliber handgun thread I guess.
>>
>>29412109
I've had no issues with the px4 full size.
>>
>>29412143
The few berettas I have tried always felt sort of tip heavy. Like they were really unbalanced. I have never tried the px4.

How much did it cost you?
>>
>>29412109
Yeah, that's a real thing, .45ACP has a noticably different kind of recoil conpared to 9mm Luger and .40, the cartridge puts an emphasis on mass over velocity, and this imparts recoil in a different way, some people legit handle .45ACP better because of this.

The FNX is all in all a pretty solid pistol, you won't go wrong with buying one.
>>
>>29412109
I have the HK USP chambered in .45 and fell in love with it. I actually carry it too. Has more capacity than the HK 45 IIRC and it's cheaper, plus 1911 fans feel right at home being able to carry the USP cocked and locked
>>
>>29412307
Have you ever tried the FNX 45 ? How do you feel they compare?
>>
>>29412197
550, but that was a few years ago from a big box shop, probably cheaper now.
>>
>>29412109
What are you? A communist? 1911
>>
Glock 21 and 30
HK USP and HK45
S&W M&P 45
S&4 45xx series
S&W SW99
Ruger SR45 often overlooked but nice
Ruger P series
XD45, the 45compact is pretty interesting
XDm and XDs 45
FNP/FNX 45
BERETTA Px4 and Beretta Cougar
CZ97 and it's clones like EAA, IMI, MRI etc
Sig P220 and P227
Plenty of good options outside of vanilla 1911s

>>29413641
Probably has more to do with going for a double stack since he didn't mention a P220 but also mentioned cost which eliminates most doublestack 1911s. Not to mention the trouble in finding a good one.
>>
>>29413641
Doublestacked 1911s are expensive
>>
>>29413830
I heard good things about the p220. I might be suffering from a case of paralysis through analysis. I just cant decide what to get. I dont want to drop $1000 and regret the purchase.
>>
>>29413830
Also the p320 I heard is great because you can customize the shit out of it and switching calibers is apparently really easy.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.