[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When we finally get rid of NFA will all firearms have integrated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
When we finally get rid of NFA will all firearms have integrated silencers and select fire? Is there any reason not to?
>>
>>29411994
>When we finally get rid of NFA
Got to love an optimist!
>>
>>29412010
Well we did get rid of AWBs and mag bans nationwide.
>>
>>29411994
>integrated silencers
Probably not, they add complexity and require new tooling. Firearms manufacturers may offer models with integrated, and threaded barrels will certainly enjoy a surge in popularity, but I see plain firearms remaining the majority.

Same thing with select fire, although to a lesser extent. Making a firearm select fire will require some extra machining, and there may not be enough demand for it. Again, manufacturers may offer select fire models, but most are likely to be semiauto anyway.

Remember, changing the status quo of firearms production takes money and time, which translates to more money. If there isn't enough demand, there won't be widespread changes.
>>
File: 1449176014633.png (93 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1449176014633.png
93 KB, 720x720
>When we finally get rid of NFA
>>
File: clint.jpg (31 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
clint.jpg
31 KB, 560x420
>>29412015
yea a lot of hard work you put in on that waiting for 10 years.
>>
>>29411994
>integrated silencers on everything?
Admittedly I'm not super up on intergrated silencers, but do they still tend to overheat like regular silencers? Because that'd be a big mark against them ever becoming the norm.
>>
There is a small push of sorts to have suppressors deregulated to Title 1 at the federal level but it will probably stall. The antis will always spin suppressors as they are portrayed in Hollywood.

Here's a bit of a story, a few years ago ATF was working with a trade group that I can't remember the name of that represented Title 2 SOT manufactures, specifically suppers or manufactures. Here's the story:

>ATF's NFA branch is drowning in paperwork
>ATF is open to the idea of moving suppressors off NFA to GCA regulation (Meaning same as regular Title 1 firearms)
>The industry group does a tour of NFA branch office showing the extent of the backlog (video should still be up on YouTube)
>Meetings take place and a hearing date is set
>Exactly 1 day before said hearings were supposed to start Sandy Hook happens
>White House and/or ATF Brass put's the Kibosh on the whole thing and tries to pretend none of it ever happened

The average person has no fucking clue how US firearm laws work, let along how firearms work, so it's particularly easy for antis to exploit that ignorance.

In short the only foreseeable way in my opinion is a SCOTUS ruling against NFA. But of course the problem is SCOTUS wasn't even taking 2A cases when Scalia was alive post McDonald. You also still have Ginsburg who had the audacity to compare Heller to Dred Scott. If Garland or another anti gets on SCOTUS all bets are off. Garland given the chance will try to overturn Heller, the only reason 2A even still exists right now. Further more appealing a case to circuits now runs the risk of fucking over the entire country.

If a case get's appealed past circuits it will go one of 2 ways: If the last ruling was anti-2A SCOUTS simply won't grant cert to the case, end of story. But if ruling is pro-2A/rights in general from the circuits they will take the case and fuck every single state in the US over.
>>
Follow up: Honestly your best bet is to move to a state like Alaska or another state with the a Firearms Freedom Act. One that specifically declares the federal NFA restrictions null and void as long as your gun has
"Made in [Your State Name Here]" stamped on it and also declares the state isn't allowed to help feds enforce any of those laws.

Now keep in mind NFA violations are still nothing to laugh at, and nothing would stop the feds from pounding you in the ass for the next 10 years, which is why you either need to be careful or live in a state where enforcement and maintain active presence by the feds is either too expensive or too impractical for them to bother (Alaska being the best candidate cause obvious reasons)

To answer your original question, NFA could only be repealed under our current legal system in 2 ways: either we have a majority pro-2A Supreme Court that is willing to take a case should it ever come up, or you would need a majority republican congress and president to actively seek to repeal it, but then you would be dealing with all the stone age religious bullshit the GOP keeps pushing.

Given the current state of politics the later probably won't happen any time soon and the former is completely impossible unless one or 2 of the anti-gun judges on SCOTUS dies and we have a Republican president.
>>
>>29414460
So I could move to Alaska and legally build a full auto short barreled sten so long as I stamped Made In Alaska on the reciever?
>>
>>29414617
>legally build a full auto short barreled sten
Depending on the way Alaska law is written, yes that COULD be legal under state law. You're still looking felony charges from the feds in the very likely case that the state doesn't protect you from the feds.
>>
>>29414836
Ah, so if someone were to do that they'd want a cabin with 100 acres of land miles away from the nearest town and be good friends with all the local law enforcement?
>>
>>29414617
>>29414836
>>29415499
It would be legal under Alaska law but not federal. The law is a bit of a patchwork, I don't think the stamping requirement is a thing any more. Bottom line do your research and remember nothing will stop the feds from fucking with you if they want to.

http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/get_bill_text.asp?hsid=HB0069A&session=28

http://beforeitsnews.com/libertarian/2013/01/alaska-updating-their-firearms-freedom-act-2481494.html
>>
>>29414382
Wow, that is some shitty timing. Fucking Adam Lanza fucking everything up.
>>
No, integrated silencers are a niche which has its own fair share of complications. What you WILL see is everything except for very budget minded guns having threaded barrels.

No, select fire mechanisms can overcomplicate some platforms mechanically and you will not see them on everything. Traditional carbines such as AR, AK, etc will all have them, your standard wondernine will not unless specifically demanded for ala glock 18 as the liability from retards blowing their hands off with machine pistols is disproportionately high.
>>
File: 1410648269940.png (123 KB, 500x632) Image search: [Google]
1410648269940.png
123 KB, 500x632
>>29415589
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VTZO3pVsAA

Here's the video I was talking about.
>>
>>29415621
I don't see why the ATF and ASA don't try and have the talks again. Sandy Hook was like 4 billion years ago now and no one cares anymore. It would be politically viable.
>>
>>29415672
My best guess is either the White House or the ATF Brass. They have final say on everything because of their position in the hierarchy.

In effect ATF will do the bidding of the White House, end of story. If we have another Dem president you can be damn sure they are going to keep fucking over non-violent citizens and FFLs as much as they possibly can. This also applies to cases ATF is involved with and how they fight them.

The NFA process itself is setup to specifically deter people from bothering at all. $200 was a lot of fucking money back in 1934, and back then the IRS handled that process. The single NFA branch office that processes paperwork is kept understaffed and underfunded on purpose. Think of it like Marijuana stamps where you had to walk into the office with pot in hand where you would then be arrested for not having said stamp, because none were actually ever printed.

But the thing is now we have the internet, and people are able to figure 80 years worth of bullshit and navigate the system and it's completely overloading the system, especially because only SOTs AFAIK currently have access to e-trace which is unreliable and unstable. There are only 3 physical tax stamps still in use in the United States, the $200 and $5 NFA and AOW Transfer Stamp respectively and the $2 stamp for Migratory Duck Hunting.

Fun fact, because photo copiers didn't exist in the 30s ATF is legally required by law to provide you with an actual stamp. They keep photocopying forms and calling it good, which is technically illegal but no one can really do anything about it.

Most of the people at ATF are told what to do, regardless of what anyone else actually thinks or what might be right or benefit the agency. Some people just like to stir up shit, like that one asshole in D.C. who tried to raise the NFA tax to $500 a while back.

TL;DR The bottom line is as long as their is an anti-gun establishment in the White House ATF policy and actions will follow suit.
>>
>>29415842
I meant e-file not e-trace.

As a follow up ASA is supporting the federal hearing protection act but I'd bet money on it going nowhere.
>>
>>29415842
Would have the ATF actually been able to move suppressors to title I without congressional action, that's what your making it sound like.
>>
>>29412037
Implying it takes any effort at all to drill a new pinhole and add a sear to an ar/ak
>>
>>29415872
ATF can't move suppressors to Title 1 by themselves, but with enough autonomy they can join ASA and other orgs by making huge waves on capital hill. Again since Sandy Hook it's completely off the table for as long as their is an anti-gun president.
>>
>>29411994
>any reason not to
size
cost
dumb people
>>
>>29415589
so bluepilled lol
>>
>>29416392
>muh sandy vagina was a conspiracy!

>>>/pol/
>>
>>29411994
All firearms? No. Some? Sure. Not every gun makes sense in full auto or can be easily made select fire. Also revolvers can't be supressed except for a few exceptions.

I could see gun manufacturers offering select fire varients for a few hundred extra.
>>
>>29416500
>Also revolvers can't be supressed
I'm getting real tired of this sentiment. Revolvers can be suppressed. They cannot be suppressed WELL, but the vast majority of the escaping and expanding gasses comes from the damn barrel and not the cylinder gap.
It's like saying an AK can't be suppressed because of the piston pop.
>>
>>29416399
It was a conspiracy. Shit head conspired with his buddy to shoot kids. His buddy bailed so Lanza went alone. But no one ever talks about the guy that told him it was a good idea.
>>
>>29412015

No we didn't.
>>
Fuck the NFA
>>
>>29416560
Lol I get what you are saying, but you have just said revolvers cant be silenced. While factually they can, there are so few that effectively can that it makes them essentially unable, which most peopel would say warrants saying they cant.
>>
>>29416888
Nothing can be silenced period.
>>
>>29417045
For all intents and purposes, yes some things can be silenced.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.